PDA

View Full Version : what the fuck

Chrislost
25th November 2007, 18:34
i was riding down one of my favorite roads today and i came across a car reversing up the road on my side.
wtf

then after stopping behind him i got hit from behind by some other twat who didnt know where his brakes were.
wtf

so after pulling my bike back up the cliff it went down i found hardly a scratch.
wtf

found a broken steering stopper tho and i suspect the swingarm is a bit tweaked because when its accelerating hard it goes off to the right(which lines up with the cut on teh left of my rear tyre
(wtf)

Drew
25th November 2007, 18:37
WTF indeed, that's really fucked up. Glad the bike's ok(ish). Might have bent the swingarm pivot or summit similar.

Chrislost
25th November 2007, 18:50
WTF indeed, that's really fucked up. Glad the bike's ok(ish). Might have bent the swingarm pivot or summit similar.

yeah well we all know gsxrs arnt the toughest things eh.

bike that hit me has put the front wheel back as far as the radiator and himself in hospital...
guess the road wasnt as soft as the trees i landed up.

Macstar
25th November 2007, 19:15
Mate?!

You've clocked up an impressive string of crashes these last 3 months. How many is that then?

Katman
25th November 2007, 19:21
found a broken steering stopper tho and i suspect the swingarm is a bit tweaked because when its accelerating hard it goes off to the right(which lines up with the cut on teh left of my rear tyre
(wtf)

WTF indeed! Are you telling us you're still "accelerating hard" with a suspected bent swing arm??????

Chrislost
25th November 2007, 19:35
perhaps i should get a monster truck eh?

here mother fucker come to papa,

wonder if squashing things is the same in real life as GTA

Macstar
25th November 2007, 19:37
Yeah, buy a diesel Volvo.

ital916
25th November 2007, 19:39
Man that sucks but yeah i've come accross idiots reversing up the wrong side of the road cos they missed their turn off and so on. I don't see the difficulty in doing a u turn aye lol. Glad your ok though, better the bike than you mate, although it sounds like the bike didn't come off too bad.

Ride Safe

P.S Post pics if in the distant distant future if you do get a monster truck :niceone: lol

EJK
25th November 2007, 20:14
What the F?
Kill that bastard. Smash his window with your helmet lol :niceone:

Macstar
25th November 2007, 20:15
U-turn....! I came around one of those notorious (but fun) blind corners out at Piha yesterday and there was a stupid chick trying to pull a U-turn in the most retarded places you could possibly pick (at the top of a hill and on a corner).

Had to check my undies later at home as it was ridiculously close.

NighthawkNZ
25th November 2007, 20:18
i was riding down one of my favorite roads today and i came across a car reversing up the road on my side.
wtf

then after stopping behind him i got hit from behind by some other twat who didnt know where his brakes were.
wtf

so after pulling my bike back up the cliff it went down i found hardly a scratch.
wtf

(wtf)

What the... ???? ;)

homer
25th November 2007, 20:30
think of the benifts
if you go in reverse you may actually save fuel and emisions
you may also not clock up any km depending on the car
you ll be going slower so it may be safer anyway
and the best bit is that when reversing you dont need a seat belt on .
im all for it ........and so was someone else in this town a long time back they actually did do this .....and a lot of other stuff that was just as stupid
:crazy:
sorry to hear about the bike glad its not to bad

Deano
25th November 2007, 20:33
yeah well we all know gsxrs arnt the toughest things eh.

:laugh:

New signature coming up !! :niceone:

fredie
25th November 2007, 21:42
has the world gone crazy :eek:w.t.f.:no:

Chrislost
25th November 2007, 22:11
too many fucks out on the road now its summer are outriding themselves.
2 deaths in the last day?(reading posts on kb it looks that way anyway)

man i thought i was bad doing dum shit and falling off, but at least that was my fault, getting taken out sucks!

woulda bashed the guy but he was knocked out in the ditch.
i even felt sorry for him and turned his bike off/picked it up for him.

HungusMaximist
25th November 2007, 22:12
I had two fucken close calls, one on my way to Cycletreads for new brakepads, turning left into barry's point rd comming off from the motorway, this women who was driving straight decided to turn left at the last minute (and doesn't look) and nearly taking me out. And other one exactly the same thing, but turning onto Tamaki Drive.

Strange thing is, both of them were women....

EJK
25th November 2007, 22:17
Had a close call just ago (9:00pm)
riding on the bus lane, suddenly a black 4x4 zoomed into the lane without indicating but revving hard.

Strange thing is, The driver was a woman...

Chrislost
25th November 2007, 22:40
everyones been smoking sunshine and lost it.
lock your doors

motorbyclist
25th November 2007, 23:06
I don't see the difficulty in doing a u turn aye lol.

omg that can be even worse cause you can't dodge 'em!

that's how my fxr got written off, and strange thing is, the driver was a woman...

(well she was 15, but still female!)

motorbyclist
25th November 2007, 23:08
wtf

gutted man, atleast you somehow walked away again...

what's the plan for the bent gsxr?

put the engine in the vfr you reckon?:clap:

Chrislost
26th November 2007, 00:24
the plan my friend, wheeeelll, theres plenty of swing arms and unlimited fairings on ebay.

Kittyhawk
26th November 2007, 01:12
I think that bike is cursed aye...Glad you're alright...did you manage to take any parts off the bike which hit you to replace the broken parts on yours :devil2:

motorbyclist
26th November 2007, 10:02
I think that bike is cursed aye...Glad you're alright...did you manage to take any parts off the bike which hit you to replace the broken parts on yours :devil2:

dunno, i kinda consider this entirely the cager's fault.... that other biker would have had less distance to stop in with chris there, which is the cager's fault

lucky both of you didn't just fly into their boot (though they might learn a lesson that way)

Storm
26th November 2007, 10:06
Did you get the cage number? Be sure to have a lad in blue clobber the retarded f^%kpig!
Bugger about your bike mate :(

Kittyhawk
26th November 2007, 10:31
dunno, i kinda consider this entirely the cager's fault.... that other biker would have had less distance to stop in with chris there, which is the cager's fault

lucky both of you didn't just fly into their boot (though they might learn a lesson that way)

I see it as both sides fault...yes the cage should have pulled off the road then turned around safely...

Secondly the biker behind should be able to read the situation and stop or avoid it safely...if not then he was going too fast..

Always ride to the roads conditions...and be prepared..

motorbyclist
26th November 2007, 10:45
I see it as both sides fault...yes the cage should have pulled off the road then turned around safely...

Secondly the biker behind should be able to read the situation and stop or avoid it safely...if not then he was going too fast..

Always ride to the roads conditions...and be prepared..

assuming it's a completely blind corner here, but yeah if you're travelling too fast expect problems...

though having to stop/swerve midway through a blind "45" corner for some idiot parking on the inside just past the apex i tell you now is not easy,
and now there is those "no stopping at all times" signs there on the inside of a blind corner out in the countryside, so obviously someone eventually hit her (she told me to mind my own business and piss off when i asked wtf she thought she was doing:angry2:). you'd think the basic "will i cause an accident doing this" would be something people do automatically:mad:

Kittyhawk
26th November 2007, 11:01
assuming it's a completely blind corner here, but yeah if you're travelling too fast expect problems...

though having to stop/swerve midway through a blind "45" corner for some idiot parking on the inside just past the apex i tell you now is not easy,
and now there is those "no stopping at all times" signs there on the inside of a blind corner out in the countryside, so obviously someone eventually hit her (she told me to mind my own business and piss off when i asked wtf she thought she was doing:angry2:). you'd think the basic "will i cause an accident doing this" would be something people do automatically:mad:

Its common sense....yes if you are nailing it on a blind sharp corner then the last thing you'd expect is a car parked in the lane..when it happens...crap too late kinda thing.

But thinking more about it...it is the cage's fault...if you look at a motorway accident during rush hour....its the car who stopped first who caused everyone else to pile into their ass....

Like a domino effect...

Squiggles
26th November 2007, 16:46
chris you should get insurance and write teh gsxr off when you next drop it, things got dents everywhere now :lol:

Mom
26th November 2007, 16:50
..it is the cage's fault...if you look at a motorway accident during rush hour....its the car who stopped first who caused everyone else to pile into their ass....

Like a domino effect...

Sadly while this sounds good, it is not true........failing to stop is a common infringement issued. There are no "grey" areas here. If you fail to stop and hit someone in front of you, it is your fault!

Chrislost
26th November 2007, 18:41
well the simple whatever is that i managed to stop, then this fucktard managed to crash into me.

so he was clearly in the wrong?

motorbyclist
26th November 2007, 20:29
Sadly while this sounds good, it is not true........failing to stop is a common infringement issued. There are no "grey" areas here. If you fail to stop and hit someone in front of you, it is your fault!

yeah, hey call it following too close, and apparently it still applies when you get shunted forward into another car

well the simple whatever is that i managed to stop, then this fucktard managed to crash into me.

so he was clearly in the wrong?

yes he was, though the cager unlitmatley caused the whole accident

did you dent their car at all? what did they do/say?

Mom
26th November 2007, 20:39
yeah, hey call it following too close, and apparently it still applies when you get shunted forward into another car

Nope! As a survivor of a 5 car nose to tail accident, I can assure you that if you indeed stop without hitting the car in front, and subsequently get shunted into that car you wont get a ticket!.............learned a lot about failure to stop that day!

Kittyhawk
26th November 2007, 22:53
Blah too much thinking on this...

kwjoon1
27th November 2007, 11:32
(wtf)

looks like its time for you to get a new bike chris
:)

the bike just doesnt feel the same after dropping it

Pancakes
27th November 2007, 12:47
Good on ya for being able to stop, your the only one you can control and it sounds like you did ok. Getting hit from the back by another bike?

I bet he has some other excuse that isn't "shit I had crap target fixation and it's my fault for hitting you, here's my details so you can make a claim".

Even if your on a bigger bike than your licence allows you came across a hazard and reacted, they failed to.

skidMark
27th November 2007, 13:08
U-turn....! I came around one of those notorious (but fun) blind corners out at Piha yesterday and there was a stupid chick trying to pull a U-turn in the most retarded places you could possibly pick (at the top of a hill and on a corner).

Had to check my undies later at home as it was ridiculously close.

i refuse to do piha road...the corners are ok but it's too suburban theres too many bloodey driveways everywhere....

it's like doing 120kph through ur local suburb.

too many cars round blind corners.....doing stupif shit....

piha road is too dangerous...ive done it once that was enough for me.

Pancakes
27th November 2007, 13:26
i refuse to do piha road...the corners are ok but it's too suburban theres too many bloodey driveways everywhere....

Yeah bro, who would do that?

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 13:47

no, only the very end (the best bit) is the suburban bit, otherwise it's a good road, only accessible from another good road (scenic drive) which is connected to multitudes of nice twisty roads, and it's only 20minutes from the cbd (or 0 seconds from my house :p)

BarBender
27th November 2007, 15:15
no, only the very end (the best bit) is the suburban bit, otherwise it's a good road, only accessible from another good road (scenic drive) which is connected to multitudes of nice twisty roads, and it's only 20minutes from the cbd (or 0 seconds from my house :p)

I've ridden Scenic Drive and Piha Rd for a number of years now as we live in the area and have a family place at Piha.

In that time I've:
- binned after loosing the front on loose metal that wasnt signposted
- hit an oil spill obscured by shadows from overhanging trees causing me to drift across the road into an oncoming vehicle. Thankfully I pulled the bike far enough to the left to run the throttle and my right hand along the side of the car. Hand is a bit stuffed though. Oh....and I had a pillion on the bike at the time.
- a few too many incidents of cages going wide around left hand corners and into my lane (sometimes 2 incidents in one day, usually by cages towing big trailers and especially on Scenic Drive between Piha Rd and Swanson)
- gone around a 55kph corner to find a car stalled in the middle of the lane because the driver couldnt hill start after reversing out of their driveway. I have no idea why...but on that day I decided to take that corner at 55.

I know the roads well and they aint no playground.

IHMO - the moment you choose to ride those roads without respect... esp Scenic Drive...you choose to stack the odds against yourself.

Macstar
27th November 2007, 15:27
The man makes a good point unfortunately...

Macstar
27th November 2007, 15:40
Oh yeah, since we're writing about our near misses in this thread: I had another one today.

I had the right of way and was turing right into the Akl Domain when a motorcycle courier on what looked like a Bandit coming towards me turned left into the same road (failed to give way to me as he is supposed to). I followed him into the corner and then about 5 metres down the road he busts a U-turn right in front of me without indicating or the slightest warning. I locked up the rear and nearly the front too and stalled my engine in the process.

I was fucken furious but by the time I had kickstarted my bike again the dude was long gone. In the mean time, the cage that was following behind me almost took me out... (could have been a bit like your latest crash Chris).

I'll come across that motorcycle courier again and give him a slap on the back of his helmet.

Morcs
27th November 2007, 17:01
Gixxers crash even when stationary :shifty:

Cowpoos should crash a gixxer into marks face.

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 19:53
I've ridden Scenic Drive and Piha Rd for a number of years now as we live in the area and have a family place at Piha.

In that time I've:
- binned after loosing the front on loose metal that wasnt signposted
- hit an oil spill obscured by shadows from overhanging trees causing me to drift across the road into an oncoming vehicle. Thankfully I pulled the bike far enough to the left to run the throttle and my right hand along the side of the car. Hand is a bit stuffed though. Oh....and I had a pillion on the bike at the time.
- a few too many incidents of cages going wide around left hand corners and into my lane (sometimes 2 incidents in one day, usually by cages towing big trailers and especially on Scenic Drive between Piha Rd and Swanson)
- gone around a 55kph corner to find a car stalled in the middle of the lane because the driver couldnt hill start after reversing out of their driveway. I have no idea why...but on that day I decided to take that corner at 55.

IHMO - the moment you choose to ride those roads without respect... esp Scenic Drive...you choose to stack the odds against yourself.

yeah i've got a list almost as long as that, but i find piha rd to be relatively clear up until the final decent

i know on scenic drive both me and macstar with girlfriend pillion nearly got taken out by an oncoming car passing another car on a blind corner - lucky we were keeping well left

UberRhys
28th November 2007, 09:42

I couldn't agree more, I was riding to Piha Monday evening after work and came across what one can only imagine as a small penis of a kid in what I can only assume to be Daddies V8 ute over taking a line of 4-5 cages on a blind corner!! Fuck!:blank: I yelled as I swung left out of harms way and almost into the ditch. Almost needed a change of undies after that one...

So true, so very very true...

Chrislost
28th November 2007, 16:02
the guy who rear ended made it clear to me today that he was not in the wrong, and that in fact i was lieing about my bike being damaged.

he also pointed out that the guy who was reversing up the road was at fault and that i should speak to him.

now i dont know what im going to do but i do know where he works.
exept he hasnt been there since it happened.

motorbyclist
28th November 2007, 16:23
well the biker is in the wrong, but it's the driver's fault

not your fault you stopped in time at any rate, though your licence makes things difficult for you when insurance companies look for a way out

do you know the rider or is it some random guy?

Macstar
28th November 2007, 19:08
the guy who rear ended made it clear to me today that he was not in the wrong, and that in fact i was lieing about my bike being damaged.

he also pointed out that the guy who was reversing up the road was at fault and that i should speak to him.

now i dont know what im going to do but i do know where he works.
exept he hasnt been there since it happened.

Oh bro, the fun and games begin! Best to get some professional advice here as you don't want this other biker's insurance company chasing you or worse, the cager's.

Document everything from here on in (if you haven't already), text messages, phone conversations etc. Write down the exact words that were spoken at the time of the accident if you can still remember them.

erix
29th November 2007, 09:34
This sucks, man
Hope you have got insurance, witness and as MacStar says, document everything.
Good luck as you may need it in your case…

I had a car reverse into me and break my front mud guard at a intersection, (the thread is missing after kiwibiker site down) anyway, long story in short:

at intersection --> he stop --> i stop --> he reverse --> hit me --> checking --> he deny the responsibility and says it’s me hit him (fucking liar) --> I called police --> police came --> two stories--> frustration --> witness came up --> problem solved --> careless driving for him --> insurance claim for me

Off the topic:
Isn’t that following rider should be riding at the different side when he’s following you? For example, if you riding right side of the road and he should be riding left side of the road? The stack formation?
I always do that when I followed someone in the traffic.

motorbyclist
29th November 2007, 10:20
Off the topic:
Isn’t that following rider should be riding at the different side when he’s following you? For example, if you riding right side of the road and he should be riding left side of the road? The stack formation?
I always do that when I followed someone in the traffic.

yeah but when doing corners everyone tends to take lines around and generally lose the stack until a straight bit

and i suspect that chris was a few seconds ahead

and good thing you called he cops and took a photo - bet way to get things right

Macstar
29th November 2007, 13:22
Ha! Word is out Chris among the bike mechnic fraternity... was surpised to hear who the rider was that hit you!

motorbyclist
29th November 2007, 17:27
ooooh do tell!

Pancakes
29th November 2007, 20:39
Dude if you haven't told them about your licence, DON'T!! Don't give them anything. People get confused when there is an obsticle in the way, who or what it is doesn't matter. You need to be able to stop in time to avoid hitting WHATEVER may be in your path, the road might just fall away to nothing due to a landslide etc.. who knows? So in the end they out-rode their stopping distance, you didn't. They must have been fixated cos if they weren't they would have stopped (or hit something) past you and given themselves a longer stopping distance.

When will people that run up otheres asses stop looking for loopholes and fess up that they left the oven on too long? The colour of your card doesn't say jack when they made a mistake and you managed not to.

I'd continue thru the courts or small claims just for the principle of it all. The sole reason of the guy trying to say it's your fault.

C'mon Mr other rider.

Nivosus
3rd December 2007, 19:05
i was there! and it was uh... interesting. there's a bit more to the story that hasn't been posted but its not my place. Either way def not Chris's fault at all. In my opinion he did everything right, really sux considering the gsxr'r just got going again :<

R6_kid
3rd December 2007, 19:09
Chris bro, send me a PM with your cellphone number. You know i got beef with that fucktard already. I'll back you up (if not take the first swings)... also can help with lawyers etc if he doesn't change his mind.

Nivosus
3rd December 2007, 19:16
your a stalker gareth bro. i hardly ever post but when i do your always after me

stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker stalker

:P ;D

Squiggles
3rd December 2007, 22:30
ooooh do tell!

you're soo behind in the goss, i've known for ages :lol:

motorbyclist
3rd December 2007, 22:47
argh i'll pm him

edit; no i'll txt him