PDA

View Full Version : Correct procedure for handing out a ticket.

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 14:51
Can somone please point me in the direction of correct police protocall for handing out a ticket.

the points of intrest im interested in are

do the police have to identify themselfs when they give you the ticket.
do they have to be wearing the correct uniform (i.e., the hat)

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I know you can search for this info, but i want upto date information, and prehaps a link to a police/goverment website with it all offical like.

Usarka
26th November 2007, 14:57

Would you take a speeding ticket off mr whippy?????

Mully
26th November 2007, 15:01

"you must spread....."

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 15:03
keep the bs out plz

JimO
26th November 2007, 15:05
keep the bs out plz

this site is 99% bullshit free

scumdog
26th November 2007, 15:09
Can somone please point me in the direction of correct police protocall for handing out a ticket.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I know you can search for this info, but i want upto date information, and prehaps a link to a police/goverment website with it all offical like.

Average conversation between me and Mr Public:

Me "Gidday, I stopped you because I recorded you travelling at 68 in a 50 area back be the pedestrian crossing, any explanation?"

Mr P. "No, not really, I forgot I was still in the 50 area"

Me "Do you have your drivers licence on you and if so can I have it please?"

Mr P. "Yeah sure, I'll just get it out" (lots of shuffling, wriggling around and grunting as he gets wallet from hip pocket and hands licence over).

Me "Wait there please, I'm going back to my car to write out a ticket for the speed I told you, you're welcome to come back to the car with me and look at the speed locked on the radar"

Mr P. "Nah, she'll be right, I knew I was going to fast as soon as I saw you, how much is this going to cost?"

Me "Just wait there and I'll write out the ticket and explain the cost, paying and how many demerits you have when I get back"

and that kiddies is 90% of our conversation at the side of the road before he drives off...

Of course there's always one or two who seem to think a long loud abusive(from them) road-side chat is the essential part of being stopped, good fun, it livens up my day..

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 15:11

Me "Gidday, I stopped you because I recorded you travelling at 68 in a 50 area back be the pedestrian crossing, any explanation?"

Mr P. "No, not really, I forgot I was still in the 50 area"

Me "Do you have your drivers licence on you and if so can I have it please?"

Mr P. "Yeah sure, I'll just get it out" (lots of shuffling, wriggling around and grunting as he gets wallet from hip pocket and hands licence over).

Me "Wait there please, I'm going back to my car to write out a ticket for the speed I told you, you're welcome to come back to the car with me and look at the speed locked on the radar"

Mr P. "Nah, she'll be right, I knew I was going to fast as soon as I saw you, how much is this going to cost?"

Me "Just wait there and I'll write out the ticket and explain the cost, paying and how many demerits you have when I get back"

and that kiddies is 90% of our conversation at the side of the road before he drives off...

Of course there's always one or two who seem to think a long loud abusive(from them) road-side chat is the essential part of being stopped, good fun, it livens up my day..
thats all nice and well, but can we keep this on topic?

JimO
26th November 2007, 15:15

:girlfight::girlfight::girlfight::girlfight::girlf ight::girlfight::girlfight::girlfight:

scumdog
26th November 2007, 15:16

It is.

At no point did I say I identified myself.

And I never mentioned wearing my hat. (or any other part of my uniform)

The Stranger
26th November 2007, 15:17

Thanks for your help.

Absolutely, if they fuck up on either of these you will get off.
Your lucky day I guess.

jimbo600
26th November 2007, 15:22
Your lucky day I guess.

Wha? I don't think so mate. First off they don't have to be in uniform let alone be wearing a hat, and second they don't have to ID themselves, but must do if requested. If a HP car complete with strobes pulls me over I'm going to assume he's a cop. So no he doesn't have to wear a hat or regulation police issue shoes and socks, or does he have to ID himself.

spudchucka
26th November 2007, 15:23
Your lucky day I guess.

Wrong.

If you are in uniform you don't have to identify yourself.

If you are in plain clothes you do.

Your identity is confirmed by writing your QID on the ticket.

There is no requirement to wear your hat.

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 15:24
thats what i wanted to hear, usally I woulnd mind the $80 ticket, but after having the cops lie in court (and they got found out) im not letting them get anything they cant leagally get, lying bunch of pigs. yeah i'll miss out on a days wages for going to court, but as the NWA say, F THE POLICE.

last time the basterds gloat to me.

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 15:25
Wrong.

doh!:blank:

do you have the proof of the not wearing the correct uniform thing?

spudchucka
26th November 2007, 15:29
doh!:blank:

do you have the proof of the not wearing the correct uniform thing?

What proof do you want, I'm telling that's how it is.

What was he wearing that has got your hopes up?

If you don't believe me go read the Land Transport Act and all of the related regulations, not to mention Police GI's and speed enforcement policy etc.

The Stranger
26th November 2007, 15:30
Wrong.

look, the poor sods day was fucked up already so I thought I may as well give him a little hope, build him up for the fall again later.
I rather liked the thought of some twat standing up in court arguing bullshit I had sprouted on line.

The Stranger
26th November 2007, 15:32

If you don't believe me go read the Land Transport Act and all of the related regulations, not to mention Police GI's and speed enforcement policy etc.

See spuddy, better to just do it my way, tell him what he wants to hear, he wanders off happy and you don't have to argue.

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 15:35

yeah thats what I want, a linky would be nice :)

he wasnt wearing a hat, i heard a rumor that they have to. (ive had a cop search for his hat when he didnt have it before)

jrandom
26th November 2007, 15:39
Noel, just for you, the next time I'm pulled over, I shall argue strenuously that the officer cannot ticket me because he's not wearing his hat.

:2thumbsup

MSTRS
26th November 2007, 15:40

Mr P. "Oh Gidday Scummy. I knew it was you. The skull mask gave it away"

Me "You must be a KBer"

Mr P. "Yeah sure am. I'm XDJHHVG"

Me "NO worries then. Nice to meet you, mate"

Mr P. "Cool. Wanna go for beer and donuts?"

Me "Just wait there while I grab the donuts and then I'll follow you down to the pisser"

C'mon SD. We know there's 2 versions of the roadside chat....

Swoop
26th November 2007, 15:53
You forgot the last bit where they have to post on kb about "I got a bloody ticket"!!

Wrong....
My goodness. I didn't expect you to accept that troll. Te Stranger did quite well I thought!
It was sooo blatant.

Mom
26th November 2007, 16:15

Fishnet stockings and a garter belt with a nice lacy corselette maybe?.....that mind you would be the undergarment officer as opposed to under cover I guess.......

I rather liked the thought of some twat standing up in court arguing bullshit I had sprouted on line.

I will indeed call on that pearl of wisdom in future if I ever need a defense for speeding, no WOF/rego, poorly displayed number plate or what have you....thanks mate, you are a champ!

marty
26th November 2007, 17:41

he wasnt wearing a hat, i heard a rumor that they have to. (ive had a cop search for his hat when he didnt have it before)

don't be a lazy cunt. google is your friend for linkies. only cause i know it off by heart and i'm such a generous fucker that i can be bothered typing it out again.........

www.legislation.govt.nz (http://www.legislation.govt.nz) is the ledge link. S.113 & 114 is what you want to read.

the hat thing though was a requirement for Traffic Officers under the old Transpot Act 1962, repealed by the LT Act 1998. Now there's no traffic officers, there's no 'at. The hat thing is still included, but not as a complete requirement for enforcement. (this is probably to cover the situation when a cop is in a raincoat, their hat is the identifier as to their enforcement status, as opposed to people thinking they are a STMS worker....

an officer out of uniform must produce ID. you are required to stop for a a plain car with flashing blue, flashing red and blues and/or a siren.

AND i might re-join just so i can hunt down 2-faced brain-dead fuckers like you :innocent::Police::devil2:

Renegade
26th November 2007, 17:44
yeah i'll miss out on a days wages for going to court, but as the NWA say, F THE POLICE.

last time the basterds gloat to me.

if thats the way you feel just remember not to call them when you need them, after all you dont like them so why would you want their help.

skidMark
26th November 2007, 17:46
renegade_ master you seem awfully upset that you did not get to see the policemans helmet?

renaming it as a hat does not hide the fact.

homer
26th November 2007, 17:58
Your lucky day I guess.

only your word against theres ....youll lose

spudchucka
26th November 2007, 19:11

legislation.co.nz has all the statutes you'll ever need.

If you defend it based on the no hat thing could you please let me know where and when the court appearance will be because I need a really good laugh once in a while.

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 19:23
only your word against theres ....youll lose
I have won agaisnt the poilce, best 1600$ i ever spent. The judge laid into the cops as well.

scumdog
26th November 2007, 19:47
The judge laid into the cops as well.

Oooh, I bet that had them worried!

doc
26th November 2007, 19:50
I have won agaisnt the poilce, best 1600$ i ever spent. The judge laid into the cops as well.
Cmon 1600 hundy and you think you won. The cops were probably on OT on the day.

kr250
26th November 2007, 19:53
How do we no that speed has not been used all day

scumdog
26th November 2007, 20:00
How do we no that speed has not been used all day

You don't - so I leave 68kph on the thing all day, much easier than actually trying to catch a real speeder...

I can't be buggered explaining the truth.

paturoa
26th November 2007, 20:08
F THE POLICE.

and I applaud the police for doing such a good work even though I suspect it is often a thankless job.

Do we have 2 police forces?

marty
26th November 2007, 20:12
no, RM only has 2 brain cells.

ElCoyote
26th November 2007, 20:21
Wrong.

I can spell cunt just as well as any cop, doesn't make me a bonafide officer

There is no requirement to wear your hat.[/QUOTE]
Correct, all KWB's are gynaecologists and can recognise a cunt at 100 paces hat or no hat

The original question has not been answered :angry2:

marty
26th November 2007, 20:27
yes it has dickhead.

at least twice

Coyote
26th November 2007, 20:28
Would you prefer we made a fuss more often?

The Pastor
26th November 2007, 20:35
Do we have 2 police forces?
when did i say that?

marty
26th November 2007, 20:46
read paturoa's post again

scumdog
26th November 2007, 21:18
This thread is littered with people that can't be bothered reading the posts. (or even attempt to understand them

spudchucka
26th November 2007, 21:30
The original question has not been answered :angry2:
It has, even though it was completely stupid.

AllanB
26th November 2007, 21:44
Got a ticket did you?
Speeding?

Here's the shit - speed limits are law, police employed to enforce them. If you decide to exceed the posted speed and get caught, suck it up and pay your fine. Be nice to Mr/Miss/Mrs police officer when you get stopped as well - cop an attitude and you will get it back, rightly so after all you are the crim!

And no I am not a cop
or gay (ride a dam fine Honda though)
or 112
or a Jesus freak
or a green party tree hugger
and yes I have been know to speed...:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ixion
26th November 2007, 22:24
Sigh. You are so going to get yourself in the shit.

In answer to the original question

Does a cop have to identify himself? No, until he gives you a ticket . Then his badge number (and I think his name, too, but I'm not all that familiar with tickets) will be on the ticket.

do they have to be wearing the correct uniform (i.e., the hat) ? That damned hat again. No a cop does NOT have to be wearing uniform, or a hat, or indeed anything at all to give you a ticket. He can give you a ticket stark naked if he wants. If a cop was having a shower, and stuck his head out the bathroom window and saw you speeding on one wheel, and got your rego, you can expect at least a ticket, uniform or no uniform , hat or no hat.

That vexatious hat is still in the legislation

Land Transport Act 1998
Part 9 Enforcement of responsibilities (s 113 to s 132)
General enforcement powers
S113 (3)

"An enforcement officer in uniform or wearing a distinctive cap, hat, or helmet, with a badge of authority affixed to it,".

There's your hat. But that clause is nothing to do with giving you a ticket. It is about requiring people to stop, and the officer having the authority to direct traffic.

it would obviously be a bit off if any nutter could leap out at people and order them to stop just by saying "I'm a cop". So the law says that you are only required to stop if the person is in uniform or wearing a hat etc. OR for red and blue lights and siren . Please note that last sentence. And if the cop has a plodmobile he doesn't need any of the other stuff.

Back in the MoT days, some of the local body snakes were rather relaxed about uniforms. And were fond of hiding in bushes with a stop watch and leaping out to stop errant motorists (I'm talking 50+ years ago here). Motorists objected to stopping for someone in plain clothes , who they had no way of knowing was a cop. Hence the hat.

Absence of a hat will NOT get you out of anything. Except a failing to stop charge if the cop was on foot in plain clothes (and even then, only if you had no reasonable grounds to believe that he was a police officer). Which will be a very rare situation indeed.

paturoa
27th November 2007, 16:50
when did i say that?

right here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46159

jaykay
27th November 2007, 19:33
Well, this is all very interesting. You see I was in court the other day (helping), and the police woman said whilst on the witness stand that you don't have to stop for the police and they can't do anything if you simply drive away. The big problem the police actually have is that when they do stop you there ask them if they are detaining you, if the answer is no...drive off - if the answer is yes then they must read you your rights (to remain silent).

If anyone is interested I have some good methods of having some real fun with those brain dead individuals at the Police Infringement Bureau. It won't cost you a cent with a real chance of a ticket ending up in the "too hard" basket. Does it work? Oh yes! The Police have dropped the last three tickets against me, I've helped a company avoid paying over $1000 in fines for a dozen tickets - and got a few others that have been ongoing for literally months.

Everyone should fight every single ticket, and at least ensure that the cost of trying to collect the fine is more than the fine.

So I've got this parking ticket for $12.....that went throught the District Court, guilty (now $12 with $30 costs), council asked for $55 in costs - refused.....appealed to the High Court - ordered to pay the $42, but no other costs (as the council had lied to the court on a previous occassion)....it's now over two years old.....and I still haven't paid. Yes the ministry of justice write to me....and I write back.....and they write to me...and I write back etc etc.....then they give up. Then the letters start again....so I ask what it's all about etc etc. With the council's costs at a couple of thousand and the courts costs at perhaps a thousand it is very good value for money and recommended for everyone.

marty
27th November 2007, 20:16
Well, this is all very interesting. You see I was in court the other day (helping), and the police woman said whilst on the witness stand that you don't have to stop for the police and they can't do anything if you simply drive away. The big problem the police actually have is that when they do stop you there ask them if they are detaining you, if the answer is no...drive off - if the answer is yes then they must read you your rights (to remain silent).

unfortunately, this police officer does not know what she is talking about. they are entitled to detain you for up to 15 minutes on the roadside, to carry out appropriate checks and write infringments. any longer, and you'll need to be either being processed for drink driving, or under arrest - both of which trying to leave from will get you into a fair bit of trouble.

failing to stop, or failing to remain stopped, will also bring a healthy dose of sirens and pepper spray.

S114 LT ACt 1998 is pretty clear.

Land Transport Act 1998
Part 9 Enforcement of responsibilities (s 113 to s 132)
General enforcement powers
114 Power to require driver to stop and give name and address, etc
<SCRIPT language=Javascript type=text/javascript> if (isLegTitleOrSection() ) { document.write('<td align="right" nowrap valign="top">http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/refs_icon.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:referencesPopup())</td>'); } </SCRIPT><!-- Infobase content --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(1)An enforcement officer who is in uniform, or wearing a distinctive cap, hat, or helmet, with a badge of authority affixed to it, may signal or request the driver of a vehicle to stop the vehicle as soon as is practicable.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(2)An enforcement officer in a vehicle following another vehicle may, by displaying flashing blue, or blue and red, lights or sounding a siren, require the driver of the other vehicle to stop.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Subject to subsections (4) and (5), the driver of a vehicle that is stopped by an enforcement officer under this Act must remain stopped for as long as is reasonably necessary for the enforcement officer to complete the exercise of any powers conferred, or duties imposed, on an enforcement officer by this Act.]

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>An enforcement officer may require the driver of a vehicle that is stopped under this Act to—

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=38 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Remain stopped for as long as is reasonably necessary for an enforcement officer to obtain the particulars referred to in paragraph (b), or to complete the exercise of any other power conferred on an enforcement officer by this Act; and

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=38 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>On demand by an enforcement officer,—

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=76 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Give his or her name and address and date of birth, or such of those particulars as the enforcement officer may specify; and

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=76 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(ii)State whether or not he or she is the owner of the vehicle; and

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=76 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(iii)If the driver is not the owner of the vehicle, give the name and address of the owner or such particulars within the driver's knowledge as may lead to the identification of the owner.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(4)The driver of a vehicle that is stopped under subsection (2) is not obliged to remain stopped if the vehicle with flashing lights and siren does not itself stop in the near vicinity of the place where the driver has stopped.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(5)An enforcement officer may require a driver to remain stopped on a road for as long as is reasonably necessary to enable the officer to establish the identity of the driver, but not for longer than 15 minutes if the requirement to remain stopped is made under this subsection only.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(6)An enforcement officer may arrest a person without warrant if the officer has good cause to suspect the person of having—

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=38 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(a)Failed to comply with this section or a signal or request or requirement under this section; or

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=13></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><A name=JUMPDEST_ACT-NZL-PUB-Y.1998-110~BDY~PT.9~SG.!145~S.114~SS.6~P.b><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=38 rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(b)Given false or misleading information under this section.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

marty
27th November 2007, 20:18
i must say, after having this discussion AGAIN, it constantly amazes me how thoroughly deluded some people on this site are!

Squiggles
27th November 2007, 20:32
lol, i love reading spud and scummy's posts, such entertainment. :jerry:

marty
27th November 2007, 20:57
well after being infracted for giving swan tiger some most excellent advice, good luck RM in getting off your latest ticket, and extra good luck to all those who think they can drive off from/not stop for those nasty men with the ticket books.

scumdog
27th November 2007, 21:16
So I've got this parking ticket for $12.....that went throught the District Court, guilty (now $12 with $30 costs), council asked for $55 in costs - refused.....appealed to the High Court - ordered to pay the $42, but no other costs (as the council had lied to the court on a previous occassion)....it's now over two years old.....and I still haven't paid. Yes the ministry of justice write to me....and I write back.....and they write to me...and I write back etc etc.....then they give up. Then the letters start again....so I ask what it's all about etc etc. With the council's costs at a couple of thousand and the courts costs at perhaps a thousand it is very good value for money and recommended for everyone.

Parking tickets don't count as 'REAL' tickets, sheesh!

And to drive off before a cop has had a chance to check your licence etc is asking for trouble.....but do so if you want....Mwahahahahaha!

The Pastor
27th November 2007, 21:31
ok prehaps my post was slightly stupid, but that guy driving off before the cops, priceless.

Headbanger
27th November 2007, 21:35
The judge laid into the cops as well.

Oooh, I bet that had them worried!

Why, because they don't have to give a shit about following the laws?

You think that may contribute to the negative view so many people have of the cops?

Ah well, Nothing a ticket writing campaign can't fix. Penalize honest people for not having the correct sticker on their wagon.

Toaster
27th November 2007, 21:35
he wasnt wearing a hat, i heard a rumor that they have to.

Yes well that is typical of the bullshit kids talk about thinking they know the law better than the police.

Wearing a hat has nothing to do with it and you would look like even more of a twat trying to defend that on a fashion technicality.

Pay your fine.

Toaster
27th November 2007, 21:37
i must say, after having this discussion AGAIN, it constantly amazes me how thoroughly deluded some people on this site are!

Well said. It's getting like groundhog day.

The Pastor
27th November 2007, 21:37
The only people who pay tickets are the good guys, The bad guys are the ones that dont pay the tickets - or turn up to court.

basterds.

spudchucka
28th November 2007, 05:43

If anyone is interested I have some good methods of having some real fun with those brain dead individuals at the Police Infringement Bureau. It won't cost you a cent with a real chance of a ticket ending up in the "too hard" basket. Does it work? Oh yes! The Police have dropped the last three tickets against me, I've helped a company avoid paying over $1000 in fines for a dozen tickets - and got a few others that have been ongoing for literally months.

Everyone should fight every single ticket, and at least ensure that the cost of trying to collect the fine is more than the fine.

Top advice there matey, you go straight to the top of the idiot meter.

vifferman
28th November 2007, 07:43
Top advice there matey, you go straight to the top of the idiot meter.
Yeah, very good.
I have recent personal evidence of the effectiveness of the "If I make a run for it, there's a chance I can get away scott-free" method of handling the police. :rolleyes:

jahrasti
28th November 2007, 08:25
The only people who pay tickets are the good guys, The bad guys are the ones that dont pay the tickets - or turn up to court.

basterds.

The good thing is that balifs (sp?) can impound cars and sell them to recover unpaid fines.
a boy racer car $10 000
unpaid fines $ 1 000
watching them cry as it is taken away PRICELESS.

The Pastor
28th November 2007, 08:49
your a moron, howd u like the cops to take ur bike?

jahrasti
28th November 2007, 09:21

Thanks I like to live with my head in the sand.
Did I say COPS?, I said Balifs(sp). That is the dept of erections, they can take your property and sell it.
And far as how would I like it? It would be shit. As a fine upstanding person held in high regard in his community:no: who pays his fines, I think it is an awesome idea.

The Pastor
28th November 2007, 09:23
Thanks I like to live with my head in the sand.
Did I say COPS?, I said Balifs(sp). That is the dept of erections, they can take your property and sell it.
And far as how would I like it? It would be shit. As a fine upstanding person held in high regard in his community:no: who pays his fines, I think it is an awesome idea.

subliminal messages?

jahrasti
28th November 2007, 09:25
subliminal messages?

Yes there is, its called humour, wit and charm.

vifferman
28th November 2007, 09:41
Yes there is, its called humour, wit and charm.
That doesn't wash here, especially not in this forum.
Try crassness, half-wittedness, and crudity.

(PS) It seems to be variously spelled 'Bailiff' and 'Bailliff'. Take your pick.

scumdog
28th November 2007, 10:25

Soooo, you'd like to have people not paying fines and have no worries about follow-on consequences eh?

your a moron.

PS I'm a cop and a take my bike all the time..:confused::confused::confused::scratch:

The Pastor
28th November 2007, 10:46
i didnt say that, i said he was a moron for liking it when it happens.

jahrasti
28th November 2007, 13:02

You are a retard. It is a pisstake on the mastercard ads.
Have I written this in a way that you understand?:baby:

The Pastor
28th November 2007, 13:29
the mastercard ads are not scarastic, so don't claim you were.

pritch
28th November 2007, 14:04
Your lucky day I guess.

Good one! Best I've seen all day, bling sent.

Ummm you were joking right?

jahrasti
28th November 2007, 14:15
the mastercard ads are not scarastic, so don't claim you were.

I'm assuming you mean SARCASTIC. Then yes I was.

avgas
28th November 2007, 14:27

"Daah dah dah, doo dah daah dah dah......."
Run up to the side.....ticket.....
"Oh you got me there (you SOB)!!!" walk away with no ice cream and ticket.
I think we have a plan here.

Matt_TG
28th November 2007, 16:17
Yeah don't pay fines. Make them work for it, cost us taxpayers money. It's all shits and giggles till you want to go overseas a few years later.....

AllanB
28th November 2007, 20:26

I'm a pretty calm guy but this pissed me off.
It's a friggen $12 PARKING TICKET - ie you are at fault and got caught - you appear very proud of the fact that you did not pay a $12 fine and the end result is THOUSANDS of dollars of wasted council money - that's part of my hard earned cash as I pay my rates on time to avoid extra fees!

This is exactly the same type of brainless attitude that has resulted in recent laws giving powers to take vehicles off non fine payers and sell/crush them. And if it takes some dickhead with $10k of unpaid fines to start paying or have his pride and joy crushed I'll join the line of adults willing to push the button.

In fact the Christchurch city council could probably sell raffle tickets to push that button.

Grow-up

loneranger
28th November 2007, 21:00
do the crime, do the time, pay the fine.
that simple.

i've been 'donating' a minimum of $20 pw to the department of courts since i got my licence in 95. sports bikes expensive to keep on the road? mine is.
thankfull cameras dont issue demerits.

jaykay
28th November 2007, 22:26
"Do the crime and pay the fine". Bit of a problem - the $12 ticket was a crime I didn't commit as I didn't park the vehicle (and it belongs to a company....and do you really think they are going to stop people at the airport for fines under $500!?)
A few years ago Christchurch City Council put my name onto a parking ticket...for a car that had never belonged to me and which I was 15k away when it was parked. They then presented this "evidence" to the court (put it another way, they committed perjury). Too right I am going to cost them as much as possible - I'm in the High Court again very soon claiming costs as I caught them out abusing ownership records. Before you ask, the vehicle didn't belong to me, and I was nowhere near it at the time........and the council lost.
Perhaps a few years ago I may have thought that paying a fine was the decent thing to do.....I now realize that most traffic tickets are ONLY about revenue and actually make the roads less safe. When the Police work out that drivers will behave better when given helpful advice rather than kangaroo justice at the roadside the road toll will come down.

good stories at www.pepipoo.com
road safety at www.safespeed.org.uk

fight every ticket to try and keep them honest.

Mikkel
29th November 2007, 11:32

Any citizen who deliberately incurs fine after fine without:

1) Paying them (i.e. accepting responsibility)
2) Bettering his/her habits (i.e. stop the offending behaviour)

and in this way accumulates a debt that will be beyond him/her to pay inside his/her expected lifespan and still continue to flash his/her bling bling flash car up and down the streets flipping the bird at the system and all of society deserves to have a reality check.

So yeah, if the courts can take the car I like that! If they crush it I'm disappointed since they could make some money out of selling it I assume.
Do feel free to call me a moron on that count - and I shall feel free to disregard your opinion from here on out.

avgas
30th November 2007, 15:33
Wow your really nice you know, im in two minds, if i can afford road-user-tax, i pay it. Only 3 other times i have considered other "options" - but basically that stuff will kill you in the end, and since getting older and making more money, i feel my level of what i can pay has increased.
Kinda a shame too - i never got on tv. NZ Highway patrol is in Aussie too.

On another note, anyone know where i can get a wheel clamp from? They used to sell them at the Wharehouse. But i cant find them anymore.
I feel like seeking a bit of revenge on the prick who camps at the Chinese Embassy. If anyone would like to know why they can pm me. For those of you who also know a similar story - dont worry we'll get him soon.

fredie
2nd December 2007, 18:24
"Do the crime and pay the fine". Bit of a problem - the $12 ticket was a crime I didn't commit as I didn't park the vehicle (and it belongs to a company....and do you really think they are going to stop people at the airport for fines under $500!?)
A few years ago Christchurch City Council put my name onto a parking ticket...for a car that had never belonged to me and which I was 15k away when it was parked. They then presented this "evidence" to the court (put it another way, they committed perjury). Too right I am going to cost them as much as possible - I'm in the High Court again very soon claiming costs as I caught them out abusing ownership records. Before you ask, the vehicle didn't belong to me, and I was nowhere near it at the time........and the council lost.
Perhaps a few years ago I may have thought that paying a fine was the decent thing to do.....I now realize that most traffic tickets are ONLY about revenue and actually make the roads less safe. When the Police work out that drivers will behave better when given helpful advice rather than kangaroo justice at the roadside the road toll will come down.

good stories at www.pepipoo.com
road safety at www.safespeed.org.uk

yes its a hidden tax revenue scam . these officials should hide there head in shame . its discussting behavior .how much of your tax money is wasted its a joke . no wonder some people show them no respect. making up storys thinking they can get away with it in a high court :argue: then go junket holidays . they can stick so far up there arse:girlfight: keep up the good fight agaist this kind of scum :2thumbsup