PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki trackday 9th December, Taupo

Meekey_Mouse
26th November 2007, 17:34
Does any one know who to contact for the above trackday?

Leong
26th November 2007, 17:45
Yes, Chris Riley - chris on kb, 09 4165307 or 027 406 7699

Meekey_Mouse
27th November 2007, 07:27
Thanks Leong :D

Cajun
27th November 2007, 07:29
you coming along Meeky?

me and motogirl will be there on the yellow devil

Blue Velvet
27th November 2007, 07:40
Anyone from Wellington going up?

Meekey_Mouse
27th November 2007, 07:42
you coming along Meeky?

me and motogirl will be there on the yellow devil

Haha cool :2thumbsup

Hopefully, I haven't been on the track much (at all) lately... So I do need to get back out there! Just emailed chris to see if there are any spots left :confused:

Day is fully booked... Will be there on the day to hopefully fill a canceled spot.

chris
27th November 2007, 07:46
This track day is now fully booked, however I can put you on a waiting list and will call you if there are any cancellations. You are more than welcome to turn up on the day as we do occasionally get no-shows and these places would be available on a first come, first served basis.

Cheers
Chris

Blue Velvet
27th November 2007, 08:08
This track day is now fully booked, however I can put you on a waiting list and will call you if there are any cancellations. You are more than welcome to turn up on the day as we do occasionally get no-shows and these places would be available on a first come, first served basis.

Cheers
Chris

:crybaby:

chris
27th November 2007, 08:35
More Suzuki owner track days coming next year....

Blue Velvet
27th November 2007, 08:36

:baby:

Phew

Kendog
28th November 2007, 21:17
Anyone from Wellington going up?

Yep, but sounds like you may not be unfortunately.

Renegade
29th November 2007, 18:22
i may been keen on a cruz upfor a watch

MotoGirl
29th November 2007, 19:21

Goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie :D

chris
5th December 2007, 07:31
All those who have pre-entered for this day will receive a Christmas present from Suzuki at signing on. The contents are lucky dip and some are quite a bit better than others...!

t3mp0r4ry nzr
5th December 2007, 07:44
If anyone can help me get my bike to and from the trackday it'll be much appreciated. The bike is in Wanganui but I can get it to you if you live close on friday or saturday and will pick it up monday. If anyone has spare space on trailer or in van and can help please contact me. I can provide accomodation for saturday night in taupo. Cheers

t3mp0r4ry nzr
5th December 2007, 13:39
All those who have pre-entered for this day will receive a Christmas present from Suzuki at signing on. The contents are lucky dip and some are quite a bit better than others...!

Plus we have Andrew Stroud doing some hot laps at the lunch break on his K7 superbike:woohoo:

chris
5th December 2007, 13:47
Plus we have Andrew Stroud doing some hot laps at the lunch break on his K7 superbike:woohoo:

and maybe a little something else if it comes together...

Shaun
7th December 2007, 10:49
and maybe a little something else if it comes together...

I have just completed it Chris, it will be there, just need a shed to put it in:scooter:

Cajun
7th December 2007, 11:36
I have just completed it Chris, it will be there, just need a shed to put it in:scooter:

Be good to see you again shaun.

Shaun
7th December 2007, 12:58
Be good to see you again shaun.

Cheers mate, will be good for me to mate

Shaun
8th December 2007, 14:30
Just been for a very good hoon on Strouds street bike aroung New Plymouth

My first real good hoon since my big one 6 months ago, wow, I love bikes, especially ones as cool as this one.

Thanks for getting me to build it Andrew

Any other Suzuki owners want some of my knoledge?

emaN
8th December 2007, 19:36
what can you do with an RF shaun? (apart from anchor use..) ;)

dang, is it 6mths already?! seems a few short weeks ago since I had a quick chat with ya at IOM! well done for having a 'hoon' and not just a 'ticky-tour' :)

Kendog
9th December 2007, 15:32
A bit wet unfortunately. I got in three sessions before they called it a day.
Was good for the wet riding confidence I guess.

Cajun
9th December 2007, 15:38
A bit wet unfortunately. I got in three sessions before they called it a day.
Was good for the wet riding confidence I guess.

Yeah were glad we headed home after two sessions in what turned out to be very heavy rain in places.

Kendog
9th December 2007, 15:43
Yeah were glad we headed home after two sessions in what turned out to be very heavy rain in places.

Yeah, I didn't see it but they said there was a fair bit of surface water pooling on the extended section.

Morepower
9th December 2007, 22:01
Was fabulous fun there today despite the lack of :sunny:

Thanks Chris and the team for another well run day

chris
10th December 2007, 09:18
Thanks to all the riders who came along. Although it turned out a bit damp, a good day was had by all.

Suzuki have confirmed more days for 2008. Seperate thread to follow.

dhunt
10th December 2007, 09:42
Yeah a Big Thanks TrackFun (KiwiRider) and Suzuki for running another awesome day. Despite the weather being a wee bit wet it was an awesome day :niceone:

Good fun riding in the wet on a "new" bike :crazy:. Probably the best way to learn to be smooth. Was also interesting doing a back to back comparison from riding on racetecs to wets. Amazing the difference they make - certainly opened my eyes to how fast you can actually ride in the wet. :2thumbsup

Biggest problem I've got now is wet gear to dry out :scratch:

Looking forward to the suzuki trackdays next year :soon:

chris
10th December 2007, 10:04
Yeah a Big Thanks TrackFun (KiwiRider) and Suzuki for running another awesome day. Despite the weather being a wee bit wet it was an awesome day :niceone:

Good fun riding in the wet on a "new" bike :crazy:. Probably the best way to learn to be smooth. Was also interesting doing a back to back comparison from riding on racetecs to wets. Amazing the difference they make - certainly opened my eyes to how fast you can actually ride in the wet. :2thumbsup

Biggest problem I've got now is wet gear to dry out :scratch:

Looking forward to the suzuki trackdays next year :soon:

Thanks, David. Suzuki and TrackFun have also enjoyed the years events. Entry forms for next year are now available.

owner
10th December 2007, 11:34
You guys shoulda come to the honda day. Every kinda of bike was welcome, you know?
plenty of :sunny:
jk just having a dig would have been there if I owned a suzuki

Cajun
10th December 2007, 11:58
You guys shoulda come to the honda day. Every kinda of bike was welcome, you know?
plenty of :sunny:
jk just having a dig would have been there if I owned a suzuki

Suzuki subidze the price of track days, first two where $50 each, and then there was 2 track days manfield/taupo for $75 if you sign up for both.

So thats 4 trackdays for less than price of 1 honda one. So if they helping pay over half of the peoples entrie fee, of course they should be able to limit what people bring,

I heard that the honda one was about 100 bikes, if you work out 100 bike x 150, there is $15,000. It sorta looks to me honda use this money making scheme, if you take off cost for hire of track other fees, aaron slights fee etc, rather than supporting the people who support them.

Suzuki took it on chin for one of there track days, the said the track was far to wet to ride canceld the day, and rolled everyones entry to another track day, This only refelects the type of company they are.

owner
10th December 2007, 20:01
50 + 50 + 75 = 175<150?

Honda were supporting the lion rescue helicopter just shows what kind of
company they are
Also put on a good feed and shout'd me trip to phillip Island

There just isnt enough track days for my jonesing, I dont care how much they cost. Thats why I was having a dig. I woulda payed 150 if it was sunny

BarBender
10th December 2007, 21:05
Also put on a good feed and shout'd me trip to phillip Island

Showoff!!!!

owner
11th December 2007, 10:35
Agreed^^^^ But at least my post count is going up, so I can see whos being cheeky re rep! Barbender.
So whos coming ? feb 28th