PDA

View Full Version : Two Smoker Crashed today (29/10/04)

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 18:31
Hey everyone,

Yep i had a crash today, and i consider myself fucking lucky.....

My mate bought a RGV250, and he asked me to get a warrant for him..... I said yep, no worries... and proceeded along George Bolt Drive to see Motu.... all is going well and i wasnt going hard.... crossed onto SH20A and was sittting on about 110-120kmh in the slow lane... mid way through the corner just before SH20 joins SH20A the bike started to lose power, i think ah yep, its low on gas and turn it onto reserve...... i drop it down the gears and im strugleing to keep it at 100kmh (sounds like me on the RG150 lol)

Travelled along for about 200metres in the middle lane now (just before Coronation Road off-ramp) still at about 100kmh when the back wheel locks up.... In split seconds i try to think why it has happened... it can't be my rear brake, i always have my toes on the pegs... now full concentration is going onto controlling the lock up.....

Ahhhhh shit, bike goes sideways and highsides me off at about 80-100kmh (didnt look at the speedo) I watched the bike beneath me (i was about 5-6 feet in the air) and then landed in the fast lane on my elbows (which are now really swollen) i then went into my crash slide (ive done this a few times :wacko: :crazy: and came to a stop...

I instantly jumped up and jumped at the median barrier (was only about 1.5 metres away...) checked the traffic, saw it was light (and considered myself fucking lucky no one was close behind) ran to the bike picked it up (pumping on adrenalin) and pushed it up against the median barrier...

A tow truck stopped and a nice lady stopped behind me, while the traffic suddenly increased... the towie and i pushed the bike onto the safety shoulder while waving traffic down... once there, i took my leathers off and checked myself over and found my elbows all bruised... i used the lady's cell phone and rang my mate (whos bike it was) and told him what happened....

So i checked out the bike whislt waiting for him.... Broken indicator, cracked fairings, snapped off the foot peg and gear lever.... but other than that it was pretty damn good for a highside (it was good even by lowside standards)

Leathers are well and truely scrubbed in, and i have now had 7 crashes (a few too many)

The bikes engine had seized and i hadnt pulled the clutch in, thus throwing me off... thats what i did wrong....

So people... ONLY WEAR THE BEST GEAR AND ONLY FULL GEAR!!!!!... also all you two stroke riders, keep 2 fingers on that clutch at all times....I am very thankful that i am relatively unscathed and didnt get taken out by a car, and that the bike isnt too bad (other than the seized engine)..

So be careful out there people, bike crashes can happen anywhere, even when your not caining it...

Cheers for reading my story :niceone:

munter
29th October 2004, 18:35
Ah jeez - there is an all to familiar theme going on at present on KiwiBiker. Good to hear you are not too badly hurt two smoker!

aff-man
29th October 2004, 18:35
Shit man glad to hear you are OK. Lucky thing you were wearing your leathers and the traffic was light :crazy: . What did your mate say about the siezed engine/damage. :shit:

well the lucky thing is that your leathers got the mandatory scrubbing in before you got the 6 hundy. not long to go now aye :Punk: :Punk:

Riff Raff
29th October 2004, 18:38
Shit you're lucky mate. Hope your elbows heal soon.

Zed
29th October 2004, 18:39
Hey everyone,

My mate bought a RGV250, and he asked me to get a warrant for him..... I said yep, no worries... and proceeded along George Bolt Drive to see Motu.... all is going well and i wasnt going hard.... crossed onto SH20A and was sittting on about 110-120kmh in the slow lane... mid way through the corner just before SH20 joins SH20A the bike started to lose power, i think ah yep, its low on gas and turn it onto reserve...... i drop it down the gears and im strugleing to keep it at 100kmh (sounds like me on the RG150 lol)

Travelled along for about 200metres in the middle lane now (just before Coronation Road off-ramp) still at about 100kmh when the back wheel locks up.... In split seconds i try to think why it has happened... it can't be my rear brake, i always have my toes on the pegs... no full concentration is going onto controlling the lock up.....

Ahhhhh shit, bike goes sideways and highsides me off at about 80-100kmh (didnt look at the speedo) I watched the bike beneath me (i was about 5-6 feet in the air) and then landed in the fast lane on my elbows (which are now really swollen) i then went into my crash slide (ive done this a few times :wacko: :crazy: and came to a stop...

I instantly jumped up and jumped at the median barrier (was only about 1.5 metres away...) checked the traffic, saw it was light (and considered myself fucking lucky no one was close behind) ran to the bike picked it up (pumping on adrenalin) and pushed it up against the median barrier...

A tow truck stopped and a nice lady stopped behind me, while the traffic suddenly increased... the towie and i pushed the bike onto the safety shoulder while waving traffic down... once there, i took my leathers off and checked myself over and found my elbows all bruised... i used the lady's cell phone and rang my mate (whos bike it was) and told him what happened....

So i checked out the bike whislt waiting for him.... Broken indicator, cracked fairings, snapped off the foot peg and gear lever.... but other than that it was pretty damn good for a highside (it was good even by lowside standards)

Leathers are well and truely scrubbed in, and i have now had 7 crashes (a few too many)

The bikes engine had seized and i hadnt pulled the clutch in, thus throwing me off... thats what i did wrong....

So people... ONLY WEAR THE BEST GEAR AND ONLY FULL GEAR!!!!!... also all you two stroke riders, keep 2 fingers on that clutch at all times....I am very thankful that i am relatively unscathed and didnt get taken out by a car, and that the bike isnt too bad (other than the seized engine)..

So be careful out there people, bike crashes can happen anywhere, even when your not caining it...

I'm glad you're okay Chris! Sounds like a near death experience to me.:shit:

Hope you havn't caused much damage to your elbows.

Glad to hear you are in good spirits!

Kwaka-Kid
29th October 2004, 18:39
No way! :(

sad dude, lucky everything seems okay and all going well the injury to elbow will only be temporary and not on-going.

not cool at all man :( weird 2 strokes, they are like the woman of motorcycles to me, i never will understand them, simple but seem so complex.

Uncle B
29th October 2004, 18:40
Glad to hear your ok.
Hope your mate isn't too pissed about his bike.
Hope I never have to post one of these "crash" stories......touch wood.
Live to ride another day.

Joni
29th October 2004, 18:46
Yeah like everyone else said, glad you ok, it could have been much worse.

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 18:50
Cheers for the comments guys :niceone: you read bloody fast.... My mate (who is also my boss lol) was really good about it.... it has just had a heap of engine work to it, so he is pissed off it's seized.... But im glad i was riding it (having more crash experience) and it was on a straight piece of road (my leathers held up better than his cordura would have)

Still went too work after the crash lol..... Mum (who's a nurse) said my elbow's are fine and that they are only badly bruised

I think my leathers are scubbed in enough lol.... ive been down the road/track in them 4 times now :wacko:

dhunt
29th October 2004, 18:56
Man TS, it looks like you got off real lightly. Glad you're alright. I guess you'll feel a bit sore for a while, but it could have been a lot worse.

James Deuce
29th October 2004, 19:00
Bugger.

But.

Really, SERIOUSLY impressed with your analysis of what went wrong and what to do in future.

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 19:02
Bugger.

But.

Really, SERIOUSLY impressed with your analysis of what went wrong and what to do in future.
Cheers Jim... Yep you need to do this otherwise you can't improve as a rider...

DebK
29th October 2004, 19:06
... if your ride starts to struggle to keep momentum up, assume that the motor is about to lunge itself and pull over & stop? Hate to think of that happening to me & my scoot at speed.

Hope you're applying heaps of ice to those yell!bows.

2_SL0
29th October 2004, 19:10
bummer dude. Glad to hear your ok.

Zapf
29th October 2004, 19:11
Ouch TS, good to hear you are still in 1 piece. heal soon.

:)

StoneChucker
29th October 2004, 19:18
Hey TS
Sorry to hear about the bin, hope you heal up asap. Pity about the engine seizing so soon after it being worked on!

To go back to your clutch point, if an engine seizes, will pulling in the clutch always free up the back wheel? I thought when you pull in the clutch, it disengages the drive mechanism, but the engine still turns over with the rear wheel? I could very well be wrong, since the revs drop down to idle when you pull in the clutch, regardless of what speed you're going, so any suggestions would be great. I thinks it's important to learn from your mistakes / experiences, and even better to learn from other peoples experiences...

Thanks for the story.
Get well soon mate.
Dave.

toads
29th October 2004, 19:21
Hey everyone,

Travelled along for about 200metres in the middle lane now (just before Coronation Road off-ramp) still at about 100kmh when the back wheel locks up.... In split seconds i try to think why it has happened... it can't be my rear brake, i always have my toes on the pegs... no full concentration is going onto controlling the lock up.....

oh dear, another bin, why did the engine seize do ya know?, heal soon cheers L

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 19:26
[QUOTE=StoneChucker]

To go back to your clutch point, if an engine seizes, will pulling in the clutch always free up the back wheel? I thought when you pull in the clutch, it disengages the drive mechanism, but the engine still turns over with the rear wheel? I could very well be wrong, since the revs drop down to idle when you pull in the clutch, regardless of what speed you're going, so any suggestions would be great.
QUOTE]
you probably wont have too worry about this on your 4 stroke (except if you do quick rough down changes without matching your revs), but when the clutch is pulled in this allows the back wheel to start spinning again thus slide stops and your back in control... But sadly you only have less than one second to do this :wacko:

I think it is the crank that has seized the engine because the barrels and pistons have been done just recently....

sAsLEX
29th October 2004, 19:31
good to hear your ok dude, and that guy should take his engine back to where it was done they should last a bit longer than that

Mr Skid
29th October 2004, 19:39
Bloody 'ell! I thought the biker gods would have got their quota by now.

Glad to hear you've come out of this not too the worse for wear TS.

So people... ONLY WEAR THE BEST GEAR AND ONLY FULL GEAR!!!!!...

Couldn't agree more, sounds like your Nazran 1pc is a good bit of kit, how would you rate it after this experience?

Posh Tourer :P
29th October 2004, 19:41
To go back to your clutch point, if an engine seizes, will pulling in the clutch always free up the back wheel? I thought when you pull in the clutch, it disengages the drive mechanism, but the engine still turns over with the rear wheel? I could very well be wrong, since the revs drop down to idle when you pull in the clutch, regardless of what speed you're going, so any suggestions would be great.

Your clutch is situated between the engine and gearbox. Its a series of plates that slip against each other until you let the clutch out and stop pulling the plates apart. So, when you pull it in (plates apart), the engine can turn (or not as the case may be), and the gearbox (connected to the rear wheel via chain/driveshaft) can turn as well, and the plates will slip against each other.

Jackrat
29th October 2004, 19:42
Two strokes seizing soon after a rebore or rebuild!!
Yeah,for some reason this can happen,ask me mate whos motor I rebuilt. :mad:
Pity you found out the hard way.Glad your ok but.
Take care mate.

The Pastor
29th October 2004, 19:49
Yeah my bike ran out of petrol on the north western today :S it drunk $23 worth of petrol to day, I think it's taking the piss. I just slowed and went onto the bus lane and walked for sum gas :(

Racey Rider
29th October 2004, 19:50
As I was reading that TS, I was thinking, Sounds like a seizeing engine, PULL the Clutch in! PULL the Clutch in!

I've had the same happen to me, at the track (lot safer), Without coming off thankfully, as I did pull the clutch in.

Thanks for shareing the experience. Others will learn hopefully.
And I bet it won't happen to you again!
Now you'll know, when it's time to pull the clutch!

To go back to your clutch point, if an engine seizes, will pulling in the clutch always free up the back wheel? I thought when you pull in the clutch, it disengages the drive mechanism, but the engine still turns over with the rear wheel? I could very well be wrong, since the revs drop down to idle when you pull in the clutch, regardless of what speed you're going, so any suggestions would be great. I thinks it's important to learn from your mistakes / experiences, and even better to learn from other peoples experiences...

As engine starts to seizes up, instead of pushing power thru to the back wheel to make it turn, (push you forward), it starts to put the wheel under pressure not to go round. As the motor finally locks up, so does the back wheel, as it is at that point joined to the motor (What the motor does, the wheel does). By pulling in the clutch, you disengage the link between the two. This allows the wheel to continue turning, which helps you regain straight line control, and allows the motor to stop without the pressure created by the back wheel and it's momentum trying to make it turnover still.
That's how I see it.
Hope it's understandable.
Racey.

Firefight
29th October 2004, 19:50
hey Chris, just heard, Sudeep just told me, glad your okay mate, sounds like a near thing, can't beat wearing good gear.

I had to do a resuce this afternoon of a KBer from south of Bombay, I guess they will post details if they feel up to it,all I can tell you it was not a bin.

Take it easy mate.

F/F :eek5:

StoneChucker
29th October 2004, 19:54
Thanks Posh and Racey, I thought it was something like that.

Dave.

Fluffy Cat
29th October 2004, 20:01
He he,glad to hear you are OK,guess your mum will tell me about it!.What u experienced was a good seize just like the one i had at Puke and thats why i had to go,the bike seized just at the hair pin, so in with the cluch .yeah this is the standard response on a 2t but u can also use it on 4t's as well.Still i luv 2t's they have a bit more soul but i guess u get the shit as well.Hmm think i have seized all my 2t's bar the rs but give me time and some fiddling and yeah i think i can do that to.Good luck give me a shout if you need the zxr set up(i blew mine up good and man when they go they go good). :yeah:

Motu
29th October 2004, 20:05
I saw the Police chopper hovering out our way and thought you might be in the area.I thought my wife was the only one who falls off on a straight piece of road? (2 stroke as well) Damn that was lucky,dumping a bike on the motorway,like being a ten pin in a bowling alley,I reckon you are lucky to have a tale to tell,good on ya!

As Jack says,2 strokes often sieze pistons after a rebuild,the cyls don't heat up even,they distort and the piston has to conform,by force - in the real old days to run in a racing 2 stroke they would run it to seizure,strip and file the high spots,then keep doing it until it no longer siezed (you don't have to lock them up,as you've noticed,you can feel it coming)

Anyway,glad you're still around.

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 20:10
He he,glad to hear you are OK,guess your mum will tell me about it!.What u experienced was a good seize just like the one i had at Puke and thats why i had to go,the bike seized just at the hair pin, so in with the cluch .yeah this is the standard response on a 2t but u can also use it on 4t's as well.Still i luv 2t's they have a bit more soul but i guess u get the shit as well.Hmm think i have seized all my 2t's bar the rs but give me time and some fiddling and yeah i think i can do that to.Good luck give me a shout if you need the zxr set up(i blew mine up good and man when they go they go good). :yeah:
Cheers Fluffy Cat, will PM you soonish about the ZXR setup.... yeah i was thinking after the crash about when you and hoon were talking about your engine seaizing.... ah well everything is great in hindsight...

Cheers once again everyone for the comments :niceone: the motor had a reasonable run in before getting a bit of a thrashing (not by me) which was about 700-800kms...

MikeL
29th October 2004, 20:12
Congrats Chris on surviving another bin. Considering the circumstances you couldn't have done much better. Another valuable learning experience!
Hope your elbows aren't too sore. I prescribe some appropriate physiotherapy: repeatedly lifting different sized glasses and bottles filled with amber-coloured liquid should do the trick...

FROSTY
29th October 2004, 20:14
[QUOTE=StoneChucker]

QUOTE]
you probably wont have too worry about this on your 4 stroke (except if you do quick rough down changes without matching your revs), but when the clutch is pulled in this allows the back wheel to start spinning again thus slide stops and your back in control... But sadly you only have less than one second to do this :wacko:

I think it is the crank that has seized the engine because the barrels and pistons have been done just recently....
Shit Im glad you're ok chris.
Regarding clutch--yep its the bit between crank etc and final drive so -if she's gonna seize or even hinting at it--pull the clutch in

Posh Tourer :P
29th October 2004, 20:16
Only works if ya got one in each hand right Mike?

Wellyman
29th October 2004, 20:19
:doh: bad luck dude.
If you need some parts come and see me and my boss at work we might be able to help you. I will be at work tomorrow (saturday). I work at Atomic Motorcycle Wreckers.
We are at:

65 Barry's Point Road
Takapuna

(09) 4862342

Good luck!

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 20:20
If you need some parts come and see me and my boss at work we might be able to help you. I will be at work tomorrow (saturday). I work at Atomic Motorcycle Wreckers.
We are at:

65 Barry's Point Road
Takapuna

(09) 4862342

Good luck!
Cheers, will probably be around sometime next week :niceone:

Firefight
29th October 2004, 20:21
We are at:

65 Barry's Point Road
Takapuna

(09) 4862342

Good luck!

hey Dan, how long have you worked there ??(atomic)

are you coming out to woodhill 2 morrow.

Will be working out there till about 4.00pm.

Firefight :spudwave:

Skyryder
29th October 2004, 20:25
Have not reqad all the posts: waht caused the siezure? Had a simular experiance on Yamaha 175 a few yeas ago. Had an oil meltdown and the engine just stopped dead in in tracks. Frightening.

Did I read you had 7 bins? 3 to go my friend be careful in future.

Still glad to hear no serious damage other than notches on the leathers.

Skyryder

erik
29th October 2004, 20:27
I too am glad to hear you're ok, Chris.

Maybe the bike wasn't run in properly after the recent engine job?

Wellyman
29th October 2004, 20:34
hey Dan, how long have you worked there ??(atomic)

are you coming out to woodhill 2 morrow.

Will be working out there till about 4.00pm.

Firefight :spudwave:

Hey F/F! I have been working there for about 2/3 months on saturday mornings. I probaly can't come out becuase of work and the old man has broken some ribs again!

Teflon
29th October 2004, 20:38
Hey everyone,

Travelled along for about 200metres in the middle lane now (just before Coronation Road off-ramp) still at about 100kmh when the back wheel locks up.... In split seconds i try to think why it has happened... it can't be my rear brake, i always have my toes on the pegs... now full concentration is going onto controlling the lock up.....

Glad your ok dude.

NSR i had did the same, was cranked over when it seized, wicked highside wish i got on camera.

Engine siezed because of a gudgeon pin failure.

Ms Piggy
29th October 2004, 20:50
Oooooooooo Chris! Glad you're ok! Glad you're ok! :niceone:

Two Smoker
29th October 2004, 20:57
Have not reqad all the posts: waht caused the siezure? Had a simular experiance on Yamaha 175 a few yeas ago. Had an oil meltdown and the engine just stopped dead in in tracks. Frightening.

Did I read you had 7 bins? 3 to go my friend be careful in future.

Still glad to hear no serious damage other than notches on the leathers.

Skyryder
Yep 7 bins, not a record im proud of :( 2 of them were on the track, 1 being a dickhead (pulling wheeilies and deserved it) and the rest learning experiences (getting hit from behind, engine seizure, swinging wide on a corner (after only riding a month or so) and a lowside from going cold tyres and too fast)

I dont like crashing...

dss3
29th October 2004, 21:25
Aaw shit dude, that sucks! All the best for speedy recovery and all that. 7 crashes huh, and I follow you to "learn" haha!!

Catcha later man

Daryl

LB
30th October 2004, 05:48
Glad you're okay TS - take care of those elbows!!

FROSTY
30th October 2004, 07:16
Yep 7 bins, not a record im proud of :( 2 of them were on the track, 1 being a dickhead (pulling wheeilies and deserved it) and the rest learning experiences (getting hit from behind, engine seizure, swinging wide on a corner (after only riding a month or so) and a lowside from going cold tyres and too fast)

I dont like crashing...
Dude you are just following in MR's footsteps -don't sweat it --they are all learning experiences.

Quasievil
30th October 2004, 07:21
Thank the biker god youre okay mate, not nice to wake up on Sat am to see this on me homepage. Take it easy on those elbows they are bitches of things to get right

have a good weekend if ya can

Two Smoker
30th October 2004, 07:28
Hey everyone, just got home from work and feeling very sore :wacko: Left elbow is good, just a little swelling and brusing...... But my right elbow is at least 2 times its normal size and is fucking sore... everything else is fine, body just feels like ive played a game of rugby or something like that....

Will try and get a photo of it...

James Deuce
30th October 2004, 07:55
Hey everyone, just got home from work and feeling very sore :wacko: Left elbow is good, just a little swelling and brusing...... But my right elbow is at least 2 times its normal size and is fucking sore... everything else is fine, body just feels like ive played a game of rugby or something like that....

Will try and get a photo of it...

Oooooo Accident Porn!

Excellent

Blakamin
30th October 2004, 08:02
Farq in hell TS.... hope ya heal soon mate! :eek5:

Storm
30th October 2004, 08:37
Commiserations on stacking it TS. Gotta suck when it isnt your bike and it goes bung (I know from experience :crazy: )
Congrats on keeping your head and getting home in one , albeit slighty bruised piece. Stuff like voltaren emugel is excellant stuff for bumps and sprains. Get well soon mate

Vagabond
30th October 2004, 08:51
Hey Chris thats not good news mate, we'll have to keep an eye on you in the future, you might just catch up on the amount of bins I've had :eyepoke:

Just be aware that that problem is'nt restricted to two strokes, I've had a seize on an old Kawasaki Z1000 (1984 model)
Well I must admit I had been exceeding the speed limit for a good number of K's and was mid corner on a long sweeper when one of the pistons pulled itself right off the con rod, I consider myself lucky as the big belch of blue smoke told me what was going on, and yes I got my clutch in in time, but still ended up bouncing along the barrier with my left foot up in the air at handlebar height :bash: could have been worse.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

SPman
30th October 2004, 09:34
Geez Chris - you trying to set some sort of perverse record.
Aahh - two strokes......still leave 2 fingers on the clutch, even now, after 35 yrs!

NC
30th October 2004, 09:45
OMG!!!! Glad your ok :hug:

JohnBoy
30th October 2004, 19:00
shit... hasn't been a good couple of weeks for the KB's.
good to see your ok, and have a cool story to tell!!

Two Smoker
31st October 2004, 07:37
Cheers everyone, yep one hell of a story lol....

Hey VB, how many crashes have you had??? Just so i know ive got something to ork too....... *joking* hehehe

Drunken Monkey
31st October 2004, 09:23
Mate, you're a cat!

Glad to hear you got away with nothing worse than a few brusies!

Vagabond
31st October 2004, 09:25

Hey VB, how many crashes have you had??? Just so i know ive got something to ork too....... *joking* hehehe
:Playnice: Hey Ts I've actually stopped counting, as I started off on a 50cc (on/off road) went through two frames, actually snapped them in half.
Then moved onto a IT200 so yeah off road riding :ride: well you learn to live with the bins, then moved onto a Z750 I put that down with a mean tank slapper, the clip-on's actully punched holes into the tank whilst I was still on it. Then it was a Z1000 3 or 4 stupid bins, Z1000 Eddie Lawson replica 3 bins including a flip while doing a wheelie, GSXR 750 no bins :first: , DR500 one bin,XR600 no bins,CB900 one bin :pinch:

Oh and some where inbetween there I also owned a 3 wheeler with a 2litre VW motor 1 bin when I had a blow out on the front tyre. :disapint:

:o Well thats not thats good a record is it but I must say I've never dropped a bike whilst there's been a pillion on it :first:

I'm not looking forward to my old age ;)

Firefight
31st October 2004, 17:28
Hey F/F! I have been working there for about 2/3 months on saturday mornings. I probaly can't come out becuase of work and the old man has broken some ribs again!

Dan , how did he break them ?

F/F :crazy:

bevsta
1st November 2004, 10:19

Hard luck mate, it always sucks to go down ... for the pain and for the damage. Well done on the way you've handled tho - you're the man, I hope we can all act in this way should the situation arise.
Hope the pain is starting to subside.

That Guy
1st November 2004, 10:45
Hey Chris just read this - ouch!

For what it's worth I've had the same thing happen to me on a preivous RGV250 road bike. Happened at about the same speed - thankfully the road was straight and I didn't come off. The culprit was a zip tie. The oil feed line from the oil tank in the seat hump ran down one of the sub frame rails, and a zip tie keeping the line on the rail slid down the sub frame rail kinking the oil line and .......EEK! piston welds itself to bore. Only a guess but it might be worth checking something simple like that - 2 strokes usually sieze 'cause of human mistakes!

Coldkiwi
1st November 2004, 12:16
Mate thats a bummer. I'm all too familiar with highsides after the track day but I don't envy you for doing it at over 80kmhr! Glad you're ok but take it easy on the 'amber excercise' cause they could take a while to ease the pain.
I was going to post about 'always wear the best gear you can' after my bin (backprotector and shoulder pad saved me from a LOT of damage despite what the greeny black look of my shoulder might suggest)... but you've done it for me. Good on ya for practicing what you preach! Does your suit have hard armour in the elbows?

Two Smoker
1st November 2004, 18:19
Hard luck mate, it always sucks to go down ... for the pain and for the damage. Well done on the way you've handled tho - you're the man, I hope we can all act in this way should the situation arise.
Hope the pain is starting to subside.
Well practice makes perfect lol.....

Yep CK my suit has hard armour in the shoulders, elbows, and knees.... and soft armour in the thighs, back and front.... Almost time to get a new one. mine is looking a little too scrubed in :wacko:

Cheers Guy, will check that....... it has been using oil, but he had only done about 800kms with 1 fill up with oil.....

enigma51
1st November 2004, 18:54
Glad to hear you are okay Fuck me it could have wrong for you big time. Get those elbows checked out After my first fall I thought I was alright ........... until the next day I had a cracked hip and internal bleading and all sort of other bad shit. So have the elbows checked as soon as possible

Two Smoker
1st November 2004, 18:57
Glad to hear you are okay Fuck me it could have wrong for you big time. Get those elbows checked out After my first fall I thought I was alright ........... until the next day I had a cracked hip and internal bleading and all sort of other bad shit. So have the elbows checked as soon as possible
Yep checked out by Army Doctor today, and she said i have to get physio on my shoulder.....

Mokoro
2nd November 2004, 14:39
Whoa, this happened to me the other year on my RG150, no oil = lock up.

I was heading down hill in a 100k area, then suddenly power just dropped out, rear wheel locked, zigzagged back and forth quite violently, I clutched in shortly after, using front braking, came to a halt....This guy on a TL1000 pulled over and told me what happened.. What I thought was an oil level was somthing else *stuipid , stuipid*

That was SCAREY. So yeah, i know how you feel (minus the falling off bit :) )