PDA

View Full Version : Who ever it was today thanks for caring :)

Frankie
29th October 2004, 19:09
Was riding my mates Kawasaki ZXR 250 today to see a customer after hours in Devonport... borrowed his bike cause the car is still out of comission with an engine problem

Ran out of gas coming back around the corner from BP... if I was in a car then ppl would poke fun at me...

But some fella on a white/green Ninja went past turned round and checked if all was good :)

Just like to say thanks... never get that with cars

:ride:

Riff Raff
29th October 2004, 19:12
That's the great thing about motorbikies - we all look out for each other, and is just one of the many things about being a bikie that I love

SPORK
29th October 2004, 19:21
Probably because we are out numbered. Plenty of cages, but when you see a bike it is an occasion :)

jazbug5
29th October 2004, 19:22
It's great, isn't it?
I forgot to turn my fuel switch to 'on' one time and stalled on a bit of an incline (little short legs, slope, much angry traffic behind... eek) and this lovely, lovely bloke on a big black bike (forget what model, sorry!) pulled over and saved me. He even managed to help me get over to one side etc without making me feel even more of a muppet than I felt already.
I felt just the same as you- it's so cool to be part of this 'family', and hope that one day I'll be a useful part of it too...

Skyryder
29th October 2004, 20:30
Went for a long ride when I first got my bike. Ran out of fuel just south of Ashburton. Cager saved my bacon that day.

Some good ones out there when you need them.

Skyryder

StoneChucker
30th October 2004, 08:53
I think just about any biker would stop to help another out. But I have to say, I think people in NZ, are in general, very willing to help. If you break down, I doubt you'd have to wait long for someone to stop and offer help.

I've lived in places where if you ran out of petrol, err, people, would come over, take your money, phone and bike, and leave you on the side of the road. They may come back to nick your leathers if they happen to be passing :Pokey:

SPman
30th October 2004, 09:25
Ran out of gas just before Kingsland coming back from Motomail a while ago (reserve switch on reserve! Doh)Pushing the bike to the top of the hill to coast through Kingsland to the gas station when up pulls an old station wagon, 2 women hop out, 1 gets a gas container out of the back and, hey presto, a gallon of gas in the bike.! :niceone:

They didnt even want money! (they got it anyway - replace the gas for the next person)