PDA

View Full Version : Hutt motorway

candor
27th November 2007, 21:16
They are progresssing this work near Melling with connecting the cheesecutters to the concrete barrier. Got a good look today and they look horribly cramped close to the fast lane.

Just wondering if anyone has thought to put in some Official Info requests to find out what safety or feasibility studies / cost effectiveness / savings etc have been done for this new length.

O.I.A.s are good as they get signed off and therefore viewed by the top brass. So even if its just nuisance value asking stuff like whether they've done homework eg considered putting those rubber covers on, considered the increasing motorcycles of late (since project conceived) can stimulate things to happen.

Fighting it on the official front as well as rides is important. Not criticising the work done so far, but it's good to keep the pressure on. And the answers to info requests can arm you with rocks too.

Where else have people noticed thenm going up?

mdb
27th November 2007, 21:32
I'm surprised by how many they are putting in especially when (in some places) I can't see any reason a concrete wall wouldn't fit

Drum
27th November 2007, 21:37
I don't think it's a new one is it? They removed the existing one to install the auxiliary lane and now they are replacing it.

candor
27th November 2007, 21:49
Uh - didn't remember what was there before. All I saw was the road workers swinging the wires round, as they worked. Any rate, they have virtually no set back.