PDA

View Full Version : Any Taupo bike shop owners on here?

Lucy
30th November 2007, 08:50
Or failing that, anyone able to bring my GN up from Wellington/Pukerua Bay in time for the cheesecutter ride?

Had a brainwave, if a bike shop could lend me a bike I could drive up to Taupo and just borrow the bike for the ride, to bring up the numbers.

Lucy

Max Preload
30th November 2007, 17:25
Here's a novel idea... ride your bike there... :rolleyes:

You really haven't cottoned onto the whole 'motorcycling' thing, have you? :confused:

jrandom
30th November 2007, 17:26
Yes, er... what awful-truth said...

Meekey_Mouse
1st December 2007, 16:27
Here's a novel idea... ride your bike there... :rolleyes:

You really haven't cottoned onto the whole 'motorcycling' thing, have you? :confused:

Her bike is in Wellington area, she is in Raetihi... :rolleyes: cant you read?

:lol:

merv
1st December 2007, 16:34
Yes can anyone pick up the bike from Pukerua Bay and take it North?

I'm off to Oz again this week so won't be travelling to the meeting in Taupo so can't do any transporting. Someone out of our more than 9,000 members must be heading that way with a van or trailer surely.

Meekey_Mouse
1st December 2007, 18:57
Heeelllllloooo?
C'mon people... PLEEEAAASSSEEE! We need as many bikes there as we can and it's going to be pretty touigh to get people there bein a weekday. Lucy has offered she can bew there, so can we please oh please get her bike up to her? :sweatdrop

To whom ever can do this I'll happily buy them a drink... So c'mon people!:)

yungatart
1st December 2007, 19:43
Yeah folks!
What she said!

Lucy
1st December 2007, 22:42
Ha ha just read Jrandom and Awful truths posts. What a great idea! Never thought of actually riding a bike.....

Goes to show that Kiwibiker really IS a melting pot of all sorts of people.....

Lucy
1st December 2007, 22:44
Yes can anyone pick up the bike from Pukerua Bay and take it North?

I'm off to Oz again this week so won't be travelling to the meeting in Taupo so can't do any transporting. Someone out of our more than 9,000 members must be heading that way with a van or trailer surely.

I reckon if it was anything other than a GN someone would be keen.....

Not to worry, I'll get there somehow.

Thanks anyway.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 01:26
Her bike is in Wellington area, she is in Raetihi... :rolleyes: cant you read?

:lol:

Must I think of everything? How about taking a bus down and riding it back. It's what I did when I bought a bike in Wellington.

Ha ha just read Jrandom and Awful truths posts. What a great idea! Never thought of actually riding a bike.....

That much is patently (and painfully) obvious.

Goes to show that Kiwibiker really IS a melting pot of all sorts of people.....

Yeah. Takes all sorts I guess - smart, not so smart and downright idiotic.

Lucy
2nd December 2007, 13:47
Must I think of everything? How about taking a bus down and riding it back. It's what I did when I bought a bike in Wellington.

That much is patently (and painfully) obvious.

Yeah. Takes all sorts I guess - smart, not so smart and downright idiotic.

Just edited my reply as I've reread the thread and realized that you must surely (Please God) be taking the piss.

If you aren't, then I'm so very sorry.

Goodbye.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 13:59
OMG. You really think you are giving me ideas I haven't considered?

So why haven't you just got on with it and done it?

And they let you ride a bike on the roads?

It's a pity that comprehension isn't a prerequisite for getting a big fast bike, as arrogance and presumption obviously is.

What's there to comprehend aside from you can't get your own shit together and go and pick the bike up? I bought my XR on the Thursday, bused down overnight Saturday and rode back on the Sunday. Why can't you manage to do that?

If my arrogance upsets you, stiff shit. I get on with doing rather than trying to get other people to do things I should be and are quite capable of doing for myself. You should try it some time - it's very satisfying.

Lucy
2nd December 2007, 14:01
So why haven't you just got on with it and done it?

What's there to comprehend aside from you can't get your own shit together and go and pick the bike up? I bought my XR on the Thursday, bused down overnight Saturday and rode back on the Sunday. Why can't you manage to do that?

If my arrogance upsets you, stiff shit. I get on with doing rather than trying to get other people to do things I should be and are quite capable of doing for myself. You should try it some time - it's very satisfying.

Congratulations, you are now my new hero. I wish I could be more like you. You are so right, everything you said is right. You are da man.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 14:02
Just edited my reply as I've reread the thread and realized that you must surely (Please God) be taking the piss.

Not in the least.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 14:04
I wish I could be more like you

Therein lies your very problem - you do nothing to actually make it happen - you just wish.

Good day.

Lucy
2nd December 2007, 14:09
Therein lies your very problem - you do nothing to actually make it happen - you just wish.

Good day.

It's really miraculous how well you know me. You have me pegged, inside and out, after one small thread on KB. Are you a shrink? Or a psychic? You really are amazing. I'm so happy I 'met' you.

You've changed my life.

I think I love you.

:love:

jafar
2nd December 2007, 14:20

Good day.

It's really miraculous how well you know me. You have me pegged, inside and out, after one small thread on KB. Are you a shrink? Or a psychic? You really are amazing. I'm so happy I 'met' you.

You've changed my life.

I think I love you.

You 2 need to get a room :lol::girlfight::corn::corn:

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 14:22

You've changed my life.

I think I love you.

Pretty rich coming from someone who posted this:

It's a pity that comprehension isn't a prerequisite for getting a big fast bike, as arrogance and presumption obviously is.

Taz
2nd December 2007, 14:38
But Lucy is picking up the bike from wellington really not an option for you??
Just curious.

MSTRS
2nd December 2007, 15:52
And are the finger-pointers and scoffers going to be at Taupo on Tuesday??
Real easy to sit back on here and take the piss, but not actually do anything that might be helpful.
Lucy - I'm sorry that we can't do anything to help get your bike there, but hope you manage to sort something.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 16:01
And are the finger-pointers and scoffers going to be at Taupo on Tuesday??
Real easy to sit back on here and take the piss, but not actually do anything that might be helpful.

On a weekend, I would. But a Tuesday? Nah. Did the Auckland one.

MSTRS
2nd December 2007, 16:32
Well done for you then....

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 16:59
Actually, I forgot it was because of that meeting. So I might just do it.

yungatart
2nd December 2007, 17:00

We'd be pleased to have you along...

Meekey_Mouse
2nd December 2007, 17:38
Any aucklanders wanna tag along?...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=62223

Lucy
2nd December 2007, 17:40
But Lucy is picking up the bike from wellington really not an option for you??
Just curious.

Picking up the bike from Wellington is definitely an option for me, in fact it is the most likely scenario, particularly as it was me that rode it and left it there.

Picking it up before the protest ride on Tuesday is proving extremely difficult. I've been trying many avenues and options. Thanks for asking.

Lucy
2nd December 2007, 17:44

Can you let me know for sure? I need to know whether to bring my toothbrush. Oh, and to ditch my husband.

Max Preload
2nd December 2007, 17:50
Picking up the bike from Wellington is definitely an option for me, in fact it is the most likely scenario, particularly as it was me that rode it and left it there.

Picking it up before the protest ride on Tuesday is proving extremely difficult. I've been trying many avenues and options. Thanks for asking.

Why didn't you simply say that in the first place?

Can you let me know for sure? I need to know whether to bring my toothbrush.

:eek: No need to threaten me!

telliman
3rd December 2007, 15:32
well that made for good reading! :first::second::girlfight:

adamh
5th December 2007, 20:56
well that made for good reading! :first::second::girlfight:

+1

It was good reading wasn't it. :lol:

Bass
12th December 2007, 12:14
Hilarious!!