PDA

View Full Version : The warehouse has scooters?

Coyote
31st October 2004, 14:54
Have you seen the scooters at the warehouse? Soon you'll get little commuters, then the big bikes. Will they leave any mom 'n' pop business standing?

You probebly can't even get spares for their scooters too.:lol:

NC
31st October 2004, 15:10
They are a LMVD now???? :shit:

Ms Piggy
31st October 2004, 15:13
Have you seen the scooters at the warehouse? Soon you'll get little commuters, then the big bikes. Will they leave any mom 'n' pop business standing?
No they won't - :ar15: which is part of the reason I no longer shop there.

DarkNinja
31st October 2004, 16:06
I WANT ONE! where and how much.
btw i wont ride it on the road, i have a real bike for that :D

Jackrat
31st October 2004, 20:59
I buy NOTHING from the warehouse.

StoneChucker
31st October 2004, 21:19
I would never shop at the warehouse, I'm too elitist, and much prefer to do MY shopping at quality establishments, like K-Mart

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the warehouse, they have some good deals there. You don't always need the best brands, and often you don't want the best, for certain reasons. Like for two of my stereos I have. I needed two, one for the garage, and one for work. They had just what I was looking for, for I think $100 or thereabouts.

Dave

Ms Piggy
31st October 2004, 21:34
I think for me it's two fold.

Firstly they sell a lot of cheap crap and therefore have forced a lot of smaller businesses to have to close shop b/c they just can't compete. People would rather buy cheap crap even though it won't last. More crap, more rubbish.

Secondly (and this is what actually secured my refusal to shop there) they're part of the Maxim Institute who I abhor. Booo hisssssss!!!

Stinger
31st October 2004, 21:45
The warehouse is great. Now that they parallel import you can get proper brand stuff there. I got my Casio G shock for about $120 would have cost me far more elsewhere. But you do have to be careful... some of there stuff is actually overpriced.

StoneChucker
31st October 2004, 21:49
What is the Maxim Institute, and what do they do, or not do, or do badly?

Ms Piggy
31st October 2004, 21:53
I'll post a rant...oh I mean, my own opinion, after my last exam...which is tomorrow!!! YIPEEEEEEE!!!! :thud:

Warren
31st October 2004, 22:29

The right wing Christian think tank similar to the Destiny church but for ritch white people.

But how are they connected to the warehouse???

StoneChucker
31st October 2004, 22:35
The right wing Christian think tank similar to the Destiny church but for ritch white people.
Is there no end to the madness???

duckman
1st November 2004, 10:00

But how are they connected to the warehouse???

Ohhhh -Thats sounds like a bit of me ... Where do I sign up ?? :devil2:

jrandom
1st November 2004, 10:23
Maxim Institute, eh. Hadn't heard of them, but got a quick breakdown from www.maxim.org.nz. They're chasing:

- elimination of welfare; and

- privatised education.

I can't see any other firmly defined policies there. They're just another lobbying group attempting to achieve socioeconomic conditions that benefit above-average earners (accompanied by the the usual bleatings about how this will, in fact, *lift* the standard for everyone, since everything will be so much more efficient...)

They also seem to have some sort of half-baked nonsense going on about enshrining the family unit, which, if the rest of their online content is to be believed, rather contradicts their statements about governmental non-intervention.

Their website reeks of manipulative, fallacious faux-'research' and rabble-rousing rhetoric.

Stupid rich people.

Coyote
1st November 2004, 15:38
I WANT ONE! where and how much.
btw i wont ride it on the road, i have a real bike for that :D
Thousand bucks by some unknown brand. Saw it in the mailer.

Ms Piggy
1st November 2004, 16:42
Maxim Institute, eh. Hadn't heard of them, but got a quick breakdown from www.maxim.org.nz. They're chasing:

- elimination of welfare; and

- privatised education.

I can't see any other firmly defined policies there. They're just another lobbying group attempting to achieve socioeconomic conditions that benefit above-average earners (accompanied by the the usual bleatings about how this will, in fact, *lift* the standard for everyone, since everything will be so much more efficient...)

They also seem to have some sort of half-baked nonsense going on about enshrining the family unit, which, if the rest of their online content is to be believed, rather contradicts their statements about governmental non-intervention.

Their website reeks of manipulative, fallacious faux-'research' and rabble-rousing rhetoric.

Stupid rich people.
Yeah what he said. :yes:

DarkNinja
1st November 2004, 22:04
yeah well ive thought about it, and i wouldnt buy one anymore :D
i dont need a scooter and could well spend that money on sum new boots.... mmm boots

Velox
2nd November 2004, 00:03
They have some pretty cool toy motorbikes there though!!!

Yep - I'm a poor student. It's the closest I get to a 'big bike' :disapint:
(NB: No offense intended to the 'Jade':wavey:, I was just refering to 600cc+ bikes).