PDA

View Full Version : K7 Gixxer 600/750 vibrations

discotex
1st December 2007, 19:59
Is it just the two that I rode the other day or are the gixxers real vibey bikes?

I was shocked how much vibration is transmitted up through the handlebars. The mirrors were almost unusable on the motorway from the engine vibrations. The 750 was better but they were both pretty bad.

Should I be test riding another one or is this pretty standard and I should HTFU?

HornetBoy
1st December 2007, 20:50
Yea i can relate their mate ,i test rode a 600 and 1000 at the local suzuki and especially the 600 shocked me at how much it vibrates at highway speeds .The 1000 wasnt so bad maybe im guessing a sprocket change on the 600 would solve it ? :shifty: or some heavy bar ends ... solved the vibration on my katana (don't get carbon fiber)

MSTRS
1st December 2007, 20:53
... or some heavy bar ends ...

Supposed to do the trick. My Srad vibrates too, although you only really feel it if you 'rest' your hands instead of gripping.

merv
1st December 2007, 20:55
The Beach Boys sung "Good Vibrations" maybe play that tune into your ears as you ride, or buy a Honda instead and think of "Little Honda" and climb hills like a Matchless :jerry:.

Bonez
1st December 2007, 20:56
It's Suzuki 4 cylinder character. My '81 GSXsevenfiddy is the same, so HTFU ;).

HornetBoy
1st December 2007, 20:56
Supposed to do the trick. My Srad vibrates too, although you only really feel it if you 'rest' your hands instead of gripping.

yep as long as their not carbon fiber as they only increase the rattling...the katana shaked like hell at highway speeds until i put these semi long heavy bar ends on not only sovle the vibrations but also if ya drop it :laugh: they provide a little protection.

merv
1st December 2007, 21:00
It's Suzuki 4 cylinder character. My '81 GSXsevenfiddy is the same so HTFU ;).

Geepers you have a Suzuki oh Honda maestro :(

Bonez
1st December 2007, 21:07
Geepers you have a Suzuki oh Honda maestro :(http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17363&d=1128806492

Saw a nice Kawasaki Zepher 750 today and I must say I'm tempted.

HornetBoy
1st December 2007, 21:11
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17363&d=1128806492

Saw a nice Kawasaki Zepher 750 today and I must say I'm tempted.

Ahh very nice what price are hey asking ?:shifty:

Bonez
1st December 2007, 21:13
Ahh very nice what price are hey asking ?:shifty:Around the price yod paid for his RF.

discotex
1st December 2007, 21:20

Yeah I noticed that. Only problem is my riding style is to grip the bars loosely and then use my legs to grip the tank. That's why the ZX-6 is out for me. Too frikkin wide at the tank!

Yea i can relate their mate ,i test rode a 600 and 1000 at the local suzuki and especially the 600 shocked me at how much it vibrates at highway speeds .The 1000 wasnt so bad maybe im guessing a sprocket change on the 600 would solve it ? :shifty: or some heavy bar ends ... solved the vibration on my katana (don't get carbon fiber)

I just found something saying bar ends help on a gixxer forum. Glad it's not just me and it can be made better.

The Beach Boys sung "Good Vibrations" maybe play that tune into your ears as you ride, or buy a Honda instead and think of "Little Honda" and climb hills like a Matchless :jerry:.

Hahaha. Could just get an R6. They're pretty damn smooth AND they're hetrosexytime :)

Actually I did stop in at Wild West to see if they had a CBR to demo but they didn't. Said they'd get an 07 demo in this week for me though. I'm scared I'm going to love it more than the R6.

The CBR is right out of my price range though. 17.5k when I really only wanted to spend 11-12k is a bit far. 14k for the gixxer 600 or 15.5k for the R6 isn't toooooooo bad though.

discotex
1st December 2007, 21:25
It's Suzuki 4 cylinder character. My '81 GSXsevenfiddy is the same, so HTFU ;).

Better order a new supply of HTFU pills eh...... :headbang:

Griff
1st December 2007, 21:27
Is it just the two that I rode the other day or are the gixxers real vibey bikes?

I was shocked how much vibration is transmitted up through the handlebars. The mirrors were almost unusable on the motorway from the engine vibrations. The 750 was better but they were both pretty bad.

Should I be test riding another one or is this pretty standard and I should HTFU?

Got a GSXR 600 K4 and I have never had that problem.
Mine runs sweet.

Kendog
1st December 2007, 21:32
Swapped the bar ends on mine, much better now. It is a common complaint.

Check here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=49284) for my info on the K7 750

discotex
1st December 2007, 21:35
Got a GSXR 600 K4 and I have never had that problem.
Mine runs sweet.

From what I've been reading it's a K6/K7 thing but even then most of the reviews don't mention it. Didn't manage to turn anything up searching the KB archives so thought it might have just been the demos I rode.

Other than that they're a great bike for the money. Didn't give me the giggles as much as the R6's handling but it is a great mix of features and looks hot to boot.

Sollyboy
1st December 2007, 21:40
could be the injection making it vibey , took an early zx10 for a ride and the fueling was shocking, I think kawasaki used smurfs to dial in the injection on the 04 model

discotex
1st December 2007, 21:41
Swapped the bar ends on mine, much better now. It is a common complaint.

Check here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=49284) for my info on the K7 750

Sweet as... Think I'll have to take one out for a spin again and re-evaluate based on that being a solvable issue.

In that other post you said you wanted something to sort the vibrations in the rearsets. Did you find anything?

Do you find the gearbox a bit of a shit getting into first or neutral sometimes? I read that's a common complaint too but I only found that on the 600.

Kendog
2nd December 2007, 06:37
Sweet as... Think I'll have to take one out for a spin again and re-evaluate based on that being a solvable issue.

In that other post you said you wanted something to sort the vibrations in the rearsets. Did you find anything?

Do you find the gearbox a bit of a shit getting into first or neutral sometimes? I read that's a common complaint too but I only found that on the 600.

I haven't solved the rearset vibration yet, but it's too big a deal and the fun on this bike more than makes up for it.

I have never had issues with the gear box.

Pussy
2nd December 2007, 09:17
The only hole I can pick in the sem fiddy is a buzziness at 8000rpm.....solution?, don't sit on 8000rpm. The gearboxes are smooth as on our two bikes

SVboy
3rd December 2007, 09:04
I must say I have never noticed any particular vibrations in my K7 600. i have noticed a wee buzz in the reartsets, but not enough to worry, and I have done some big trips in loads of comfort, considering it is a sports bike.