PDA

View Full Version : Teach me!

Macstar
3rd December 2007, 12:57
Hey guys

I'm keen to learn (in a legal environment i.e. private piece of concrete) how to do some tricks; wheeling, drifting & stoppies etc. I've got the bike to do it, but not the skills or confidence.

I've read all the wheelie threads and know the theory but struggling to put it into practice, in particular hitting the balance point of my bike.

So if anyone without too much attitude is keen to show me some of their moves I'd be very grateful!

owner
3rd December 2007, 14:32
Good luck finding a legal enviroment bro. I too am in your boat

owner
3rd December 2007, 14:32
what are you stunting the rf or the ktm?

White trash
3rd December 2007, 15:55
Funnily enough, Mr Owner could teach most of us a thing or too about nice throttle controlled wheelies. I know a couple of spots that are far from legal but VERY quiet. All care no responsibility if ya get stung there.

Trackdays are your best bet.

Macstar
3rd December 2007, 16:20
what are you stunting the rf or the ktm?

Let's start with the KTM eh! (It's converted to a Motard).

Funnily enough, Mr Owner could teach most of us a thing or too about nice throttle controlled wheelies. I know a couple of spots that are far from legal but VERY quiet. All care no responsibility if ya get stung there.

Trackdays are your best bet.

Track days... few and far between and $100 a pop. Surely there must be a privately owned car park somewhere?

deanohit
3rd December 2007, 16:29
Good one man, do it all proper, then ya can show us how it's done next time we ride round the loop!

Ronin
3rd December 2007, 16:49
Let's start with the KTM eh! (It's converted to a Motard).

Track days... few and far between and $100 a pop. Surely there must be a privately owned car park somewhere?

Trouble even with a private carpark is that unless it is sealed so that the general public don't have access then it is classed as a public road under the act. So make sure your well locked in if you can find somewhere.

Macstar
3rd December 2007, 16:58
Trouble even with a private carpark is that unless it is sealed so that the general public have access then it is classed as a public road under the act. So make sure your well locked in if you can find somewhere.

Wow, I didn't know that. That's crazy but cheers for the heads up.

owner
3rd December 2007, 18:32
Yeah buy a honda Blah, Mr white trash is to kind.If I had half the throttle control he has I could keep up for more than half a corner. If Im ever around WTs neck of the woods Ill be hitting him up for these spots.

owner
3rd December 2007, 18:37
If some was seriously injured in a company car park would acc chase that company for the cost of injuries? allah, Affco stabbed gang member in carpark?
What would happen if it was owned by a sole person

Supermoto Junkie
3rd December 2007, 18:53
I have a place, not sure i am the best teacher though

owner
3rd December 2007, 19:36
Im keen. PM me when you might go for play.
as summer draws near my spots getting played out and its uphill which sucks

Kevmo7
4th December 2007, 09:15
ill teach you if you want, i have a really good stunt spot in albany area, really good, no police, no builidings, been stuntin there for the last year and never had any trouble.

Ill teach you all the tricks and tips that im sure 50% of these guys dont know about lol :laugh:

if your keen, give me a PM and ill sort something out

Racer X
4th December 2007, 11:30
K-mo is good, hit us with a PM and we can head over there one night.

Supermoto Junkie
4th December 2007, 14:36
ill teach you if you want, i have a really good stunt spot in albany area, really good, no police, no builidings, been stuntin there for the last year and never had any trouble.

Ill teach you all the tricks and tips that im sure 50% of these guys dont know about lol :laugh:

if your keen, give me a PM and ill sort something out

I'm keen for a stunt session this week some time...or any time for that matter

Macstar
4th December 2007, 16:44
I'll Pm you guys soon thanks. I went to do an oil change today on the KTM and the last turkey to do it must have jammed the oil screen in and tightened it up as it is all bent and fucked, plus the allen bolt for the second screen is rounded as, so I've ordered another one, oh and the oil sump plug magnet is missing (hopefully not inside the engine), so ordered one of those too. Joys of buying a used bike eh?

Supermoto Junkie
4th December 2007, 16:52
I'll Pm you guys soon thanks. I went to do an oil change today on the KTM and the last turkey to do it must have jammed the oil screen in and tightened it up as it is all bent and fucked, plus the allen bolt for the second screen is rounded as, so I've ordered another one, oh and the oil sump plug magnet is missing (hopefully not inside the engine), so ordered one of those too. Joys of buying a used bike eh?

Bummer man.

so a evening ride this week is out then?

Macstar
4th December 2007, 19:19
Parts should arrive Thursday avo, so maybe Thurs night? I'll let you know!

Supermoto Junkie
4th December 2007, 19:22
Parts should arrive Thursday avo, so maybe Thurs night? I'll let you know!

Sweet as,

I still need to go and get that rear tyre replaced, it has a few grooves left so it will be :2thumbsup

NOMIS
4th December 2007, 19:27
hey man id love to come watch that if thats allgood pm me if that sweet ill have my lil hornet on the w.e so keen to meet some more experienced riders

Macstar
11th December 2007, 22:50
Youch! I was trying to get some practice in before this Sat's track day and took the KTM off road today for first time (gravel) and was practising drifting till I overbaked it and did the splits! (One leg stayed on the bike, the other slipped out sideways as the bike did a 180 and dropped to the ground).
Nothing like a pulled groin eh?!

Mole_C
12th December 2007, 00:06
If u guys are going out send me a PM 2. Saw u in M Bay today Kevmo, u got air off the end of the speed bump :clap: