PDA

View Full Version : Kevlar jeans and knee armour

Rosie
3rd December 2007, 13:52
I'd like to get a pair of kevlar jeans, and would like to be able to fit my knee armour under them (fox motocross armour that you strap to your legs).

I tried several pairs of draggin jeans on today, and they were all fairly fitted around the knee/upper calf area, so I wouldn't be able to wear my armour with them. Also my bike is quite tall, so I wonder if tighter jeans would reduce much-needed flexibility getting on and off the bike.

The shop had one pair of non-stretchy draggin jeans that looked like they were an older style ("181" I think, they aren't on the draggin website). The legs were slightly roomier, but they looked seriously frumpy on me.

Anyone know of brands/styles of kevlar jeans that have baggier-than-usual legs, that still look quite nice?

Anyone have the draggin cargo pants? Are they a similar cut to the jeans, or are they baggy? The colours of the cargos don't appeal, but it could be better than nothing.

Otherwise I may need to consider getting some man-trousers. Or giving up on fashion and buying some mx pants.

Nasty
3rd December 2007, 14:44
I got a mens pair and they are great .. with heaps of room for armour.

SpeedyGirl
3rd December 2007, 14:47
After seeing someone come off wearing these jeans, i would not bother investing in them, they shredded!:shutup:

SDU
3rd December 2007, 14:55
There are some nice enduro/trail pants around, Thor & Fox have some cool ones (boys mainly) that sit over the leg. They are made of heavier material than mx pants and are designed with armour in mind.

Rosie
3rd December 2007, 15:07
There are some nice enduro/trail pants around, Thor & Fox have some cool ones (boys mainly) that sit over the leg. They are made of heavier material than mx pants and are designed with armour in mind.

That could be another option. Thanks! :sunny:

@mmie
3rd December 2007, 15:09
After seeing someone come off wearing these jeans, i would not bother investing in them, they shredded!:shutup:

I recon it all depends on how you fall if you spill off, I peeled off my bike on last week while wearing them and walked away unscaved, only a little snag in the knee. So big ups to them! Besides they are a shit load more comfortable then riding pants.

I recon if you could get a mens style you might sort out your problem, I'm with you abit with the tight calf thing, I easily fit a 12 but have reasonably meaty calves so they are a little tight.

nadroj
3rd December 2007, 16:41
I I easily fit a 12 but have reasonably meaty calves so they are a little tight.

Does that help you grip the tank tight?

@mmie
3rd December 2007, 16:51
No, makes no difference. What does it have to do with the price of fish anyway??

Rosie
4th December 2007, 07:44
Does that help you grip the tank tight?

You're supposed to grip the tank with your lower legs? I've been doing it wrong all this time :confused:

@mmie
4th December 2007, 08:01
You're supposed to grip the tank with your lower legs? I've been doing it wrong all this time :confused:

Yes, my thoughts exactly :weird: ... don't you know your not surpose to rest your feet on your foot pegs but up on your handlebars! :scratch:

Livvy
5th December 2007, 09:43
Yes, my thoughts exactly :weird: ... don't you know your not surpose to rest your feet on your foot pegs but up on your handlebars! :scratch:

Damn, and I thought my guy friends were just showing off when they were doing that. Ah well. Guess I got proved wrong.

toebug
5th December 2007, 12:18
I wear draggin jeans with fox mx knee guards underneath and they work out fine. The draggins do come with there own armour too, but it doesnt stay in the leg very well. try going for the next size up?

Rosie
5th December 2007, 12:25
try going for the next size up?

The next size up had all the extra roominess built in around the hips, so they looked like bad 80's maternity pants, and still didn't have much room around the knees. :weep: Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can try on Mr R's draggins to see how they would fit a short female.

Nasty
5th December 2007, 12:29
The next size up had all the extra roominess built in around the hips, so they looked like bad 80's maternity pants, and still didn't have much room around the knees. :weep: Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can try on Mr R's draggins to see how they would fit a short female.

Opps i forgot to say I am ok for height but needed the mens draggins shortened to fit me.

sweetp
5th December 2007, 21:36
I have draggins which I love and loathe. Love how comfy they are - and that I can wear them and no one knows I am a "bikey". But loathe that I bought womens ones and they are very low cut. Seems I spend most of my time pulling them up - and as my jacket rides up and they ride down I get a nice patch of exposed back when riding. Seriously considering ditching them as I don't like the bear skin idea, although looking at mens style to see if they are higher cut. So my advice to you would be to sit on a bike while you are wearing them to see how they go.