PDA

View Full Version : Trail riding this weekend (Paparimu, Sunday 9 December)

Buddy L
5th December 2007, 20:30
Mr Mototrcycles trail ride.
Sunday December the 9th
Paparimu
Signposted from Bombay turn off and SH2 Mangatawhiri
Starts at Paparimu School. Rolling farm land to medium hills to plantation forestry tracks.:eek:
Separate Kids Loop
sign on 8.30 - 9.30- trail opens at 10am

***Fire Extinguishers are Compulsory for each Rider- No Exceptions- Can purshas on day******:Police:

$25 dollars adult:jerry:
$15 under 16
$60 for family Concessions.

more info check www.mrmotorcycles.co.nz

decided to skip shirt shopping and go riding!!!!!:bleh:
whos with me.:niceone:

A&R
5th December 2007, 20:45
yep the A&R clan intend to be there. we have new fire extinguishers and will be fitting them to the bikes along with general maintenance all day saturday.
Anybody been before? what's it like when its wet hehe?

Wellyman
5th December 2007, 21:17
Busy weekend partying for me!.
saturday is my work christmas party, sunday is friends and people for a bbq...
so nah, no ride for me :(.
WM

dammad1
5th December 2007, 21:28
its looking like it may be pretty wet.

barty5
5th December 2007, 21:58
yep the A&R clan intend to be there. we have new fire extinguishers and will be fitting them to the bikes along with general maintenance all day saturday.
Anybody been before? what's it like when its wet hehe?

been there three times there is one large up hill after a long down hill gravel road section you turn leftin to the forest dont stop a the bottom just give it shit and dont stop when you think your at the top cause your not keep going till you have to do the 90deg right ( im sure you can bypass this section) never have but there is also so a good down hill not much further on with a good bog (quad catcher they nearly all get stuck in the 1st dip ) the will make for a pile up but over all it a great ride wet or dry.

I should come out could run a lap or 2:laugh:im not really laughing but

4stroke
6th December 2007, 05:03
bart, try and get a demo bike and take out for a skid, im sure motoworld will give you 1. or tell them to just give you one and sort it out later hehe

barty5
6th December 2007, 06:35
bart, try and get a demo bike and take out for a skid, im sure motoworld will give you 1. or tell them to just give you one and sort it out later hehe

i did think about it but i still need to come in and make some repairs to workshop and have a xmas thing i have to go to on sunday morning. going to chase up insurance co again today.

scott411
6th December 2007, 07:11
MArking track today, (just going to get soem new wet weather gear)

at this stage it is still on, loing range weather forcast is not good, we will make a call saturday morning if we run or not, and i will up date here,

Danger
6th December 2007, 07:13
If this is the ride I'm thinking off it had quite a few steep parts and while it was only damp in places last year there were a lot of people struggling. Boy those four strokes like blowing steam while they wait to get through the bog! I think its probably going to be canceled with this weather if its the ride I'm thinking off because the majority of people will not get around the same track.

Danger
6th December 2007, 07:13
Scott just beat me.

scott411
6th December 2007, 07:18
yes this track is mostly clay bulldozed tracks, and would be extremely tricky in the wet, will kepp you guys informed,

Danger
6th December 2007, 07:23
Have fun marking it out Scott! Hope you have good tyres, I guess your using a quad? I'm kind of surprised your even going to bother because the forecast looks terrible. Woodhill could be popular this weekend.

scott411
6th December 2007, 07:49
that though has passed my mind Danger,

yes its going to be fun on a quad, better than a morning in the office

cheese
6th December 2007, 08:16
oooh postpone till next weekend then I can go. Its my 30th party on Sat.

Danger
6th December 2007, 08:32
Happy birthday Sam, I mean Stephen lol!:rockon:

cheese
6th December 2007, 09:18
LOL cheers George..... Whoops Greg! LOL

Reckless
6th December 2007, 10:48
oh stuff the weather and Riding! We'll all go to Cheeses and get pissed.

cheese
6th December 2007, 11:24
LOL sure...........

scott411
6th December 2007, 13:12
well its nice and wet out thier, track is pretty wet, i will update saturday weather its on or not

Cheers

Scott

4stroke
6th December 2007, 16:34
ohhh i hope its on, i luv playing in the mud, and toasting every 1 else with muddy roost lol :2thumbsup

Buddy L
6th December 2007, 16:54
im still keen as a bean. RMCC on saturday if not cancelled, trail ride on the sunday, and also a trance/ dance/ drunkin party in town on saturday night

Buddy L
7th December 2007, 11:55
well RMCC has postponed their christmass MX due to the weather.
So i hope that harrisville is open tomorrow are im keen to get in two rides in this weekend.
Hopefully the weather holds out for the trail ride on sunday as well.
as today its sunshine and candy-cains for everyone!!!!

GR81
7th December 2007, 12:38
http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=auckland

looks average :(

Buddy L
7th December 2007, 14:05
harsiville is 50/50 depends on weather.
Should be updated beore lunch time tomorrow on the race line.
But i love the mud so bring on trail ride.

Reckless
7th December 2007, 18:59
Ye Buddy
Ardmore and Harrisville Clay based so they get real slippery quickly. Also, looking at the weather just gone by on TV1 it doesn't look good at all. Pissing down Sat and showers Sunday. That is if they are correct in their forcasts. So i'm syking myself to go nowhere this weekend unfortunatly!

scott411
8th December 2007, 07:34
Met service knows fuck all, ment to be raining today and its brilliant sunshine, wankers

anyway ride is on,

Buddy L
8th December 2007, 07:57
yes "pumping the air with fist"

Danger
8th December 2007, 08:21
Yeah didn't rain at all here yesterday like it was supposed too, and clear skys at the moment. Lets hope it holds. Will evaluate after todays ride if I can make it or not.

scott411
8th December 2007, 08:54
if you are their, come and find me about 3 oclock for the sweep loop, ill take you on some extreme trails,

Danger
8th December 2007, 09:15
Sounds like a cool reason to ride, thanks Scott!

A&R
8th December 2007, 12:02
Met service knows fuck all, ment to be raining today and its brilliant sunshine, wankers

anyway ride is on,

ok gr8 that means you'll c us there then. hope it stays dry for tomorrow too.

Buddy L
8th December 2007, 15:28
yup, ill see you all their. was going to ride today but just had to much stuff on.

Danger
8th December 2007, 18:03
Forecast looks like rain tonight and showers tomorrow. Anyway probably to late to cancel the ride on the off chance of rain so I'm getting my bike ready and will see you guys tomorrow!:banana:

Blackbuell
8th December 2007, 19:55
Theres gunna be mud & hopefully no dust,looking forward to it.

Buddy L
9th December 2007, 01:29
Just got home from a massive dance party in the Civi in town. 4 different rooms, 6 bars and a shit load of DJ's, better get a few hours sleep in. before i get picked up in the morning.

Danger
9th December 2007, 07:00
Just looked at the rain radar for the last 6 hours and it doesn't look good. I don't think I'll make the trip for this one, sorry Scott. Good luck to those that attend, hope that you can get around ok.

Blackbuell
9th December 2007, 16:39
Mud Mud & More Mud glad i had my trainer wheels on,a few hold ups,i had a awsome day watching everyone falling off in the muddy downhills & slippery uphills,good to catch up with a few more kbers dirt division boys, thanks Scott see ya all at the next one.

4stroke
9th December 2007, 17:17
mud gloriouis mud, was a awsome day man, your a weapon on the quad black buel, i think andy was a bit worn out after that last lap he had a couple nice bails.
felt a bit worn out after the 3rd lap, buddyl and i stopped in the bog to give scott a hand to pull the enormous que of bikes through the bog after a nasty downhill section.
all n all a great day
cheers scott have fun cleaning up.

Buddy L
9th December 2007, 18:16
well just finished cleaning the bike,(all off plastic clean) mud every where.
Had a awsome day out their, the mud made it just that much more fun, and made me relise that a half decent tyre is still no good.
Heaps of bails most of them by Andy. (sorry for rosting you with you own bike, but i couldn't help myself).
All in all a realy good day.
Didn't do all the "A" loops but did the ones near the end.
Thanks for the trail ride Scott, and also Mike for letting me have a blast on the
raptor!!(700cc) sooooo much power.

scott411
9th December 2007, 19:39
thanks guys, a bit wet today, track got sorse in the afternoon, the sweep loop took us normally 2 and half hours, even had to push the quad out of one section,
343 riders, which is more than we expected with the forcast,

track never really dried out and caused problmes all day,

the a loopps were definatly a challange today, the last hill climb was awesome, very technical,

A&R
9th December 2007, 21:23
well just finished cleaning the bike,(all off plastic clean) mud every where.
Had a awsome day out their, the mud made it just that much more fun, and made me relise that a half decent tyre is still no good.
Heaps of bails most of them by Andy. (sorry for rosting you with you own bike, but i couldn't help myself).
All in all a realy good day.
Didn't do all the "A" loops but did the ones near the end.
Thanks for the trail ride Scott, and also Mike for letting me have a blast on the
raptor!!(700cc) sooooo much power.

Yeah mud alright:eek:
I wondered if anybody was going to mention my dirt bike nana techniques. Cam:Pokey:Sliding the bike on the side with me behind on my ass is definetely a new technique for me !!!:blank: Absolutely knackered - falling asleep on the way home in the car!!:buggerd:

Actually had a great day. :woohoo:I think!! Few bends to the bike though, as was expected given the amount of time it was on the ground on the last lap. Gathered up just enough energy to clean it and waterblast all the gear. large heap of clay now sitting on the grass!!!

Thanks mike for the lift - by the way I left my blue bag in the back of your prado. got a flask etc in it. - I'll come get it sometime this week when I catch up with you.
Thanks scott for making that call yesterday to keep the ride on and
And finally thanks cam for the help;):whistle::rolleyes:lol:
If only I was 20yrs younger!:shit:
see ya all at the next get together