PDA

View Full Version : Moto-Dynamix Rental track day bikes and coach

Shaun Harris
6th December 2007, 13:49
Hi all, I have been working on this for a year now, and due to my accident, it has caused a big delay in the launching of this ( and many others have advertised about it)

From next year ( Dates and costs still to be set) Moto-Dynamix ( Me Shaun Harris ) will be offering the following service

Lease a race bike all set up to full NZ Spec and imaccualte.

2x 06 GSXR Suzuki 600's

1x 07 GSXR Suzuki 750

1x 06 GSXR 1000

I will be there to offer instructions and set up bikes to the correct rider weight.

The price for this is still to be determined, as we are currently talking with an insurance with the possibility of Insurance cover for the bikes.

So for now, get talking about it, I will be doing this!

Toast
6th December 2007, 20:04
Sweet. (Quality) Suspension set up help on site should guarantee a good day :niceone:

Hope it goes well, Shaun.

Shaun
7th December 2007, 10:51
Sweet. (Quality) Suspension set up help on site should guarantee a good day :niceone:

Cheers mate, nice to know some are happy

Storm
7th December 2007, 16:01
Best of luck mate, that sounds like a hell of a package you've got there:D

kiwifruit
7th December 2007, 16:03
Very exciting, i'm sure it will be A GREAT SUCCESS :yes:

Usarka
7th December 2007, 16:04
Don't take the lack of replies as a lack of interest. I get a feeling there isn't the usual bollox being spouted because some see this with genuine interest.

i'm certainly keen on more details, and i hope it goes well....

Who is this shaun harris anyway and what would he know about bikes? :dodge: bahaaha

boomer
7th December 2007, 16:05
Hi all, I have been working on this for a year now, and due to my accident, it has caused a big delay in the launching of this ( and many others have advertised about it)

From next year ( Dates and costs still to be set) Moto-Dynamix ( Me Shaun Harris ) will be offering the following service

Lease a race bike all set up to full NZ Spec and imaccualte.

2x 06 GSXR Suzuki 600's

1x 07 GSXR Suzuki 750

1x 06 GSXR 1000

I will be there to offer instructions and set up bikes to the correct rider weight.

The price for this is still to be determined, as we are currently talking with an insurance with the possibility of Insurance cover for the bikes.

So for now, get talking about it, I will be doing this!

i could be interested!!! nice thinking batman and good luck !!!

ps.. does it come with fries?

R6_kid
7th December 2007, 16:05
I think how they do it at the California Superbike school is that you pay a hireage fee and have the insurance excess as a bond, which certainly covers your ass but can make it hard for most people to get access to the bikes, but that is probably a good thing.

I wish you the best of luck with this Shaun, and if i dont get my mits on a bike by the time it's up and running i'll most certainly be one of your customers.

cowpoos
7th December 2007, 16:39
Good idea for the likes of me Shaun.
Would be interested to see the prices etc. Now I dont have a bike for who knows how long (ex got her claws into the insurance payout BIARRRRCH).

Have a private track day in Feb where I imagine there will be one or two very interested customers.. I shall pass it on. Prices asap so i can plan.
lease ya one?

Shaun
8th December 2007, 09:26
Thanks for the positive replies, ( Apart from the usual thread theft of a twat)

ajturbo
8th December 2007, 11:23
hey shaun...

great idea!!!!!!!!!

but, would this be a good idea for luke???

if so the, 600 for a track day and your coaching has got to help his racing/riding...

count us in ( well if i can afford a day or 2...luke)

justsomeguy
8th December 2007, 11:45
If I was in the country I would skip on meals so I could afford at least one of these days.

Professionally set up bike - $$$$

Insurance excess and costs - $$$$

Experience and guidance from a racing legend - Priceless!

Best wishes for the success of this venture Shaun.

slowpoke
8th December 2007, 11:59
On a slight tangent, I know, but how's about offering paid tuition or ride schools without having to tick the bike hire/lease option?

I'm sure people would be interested in leasing the bikes as well, but for those of us with track bikes who would like to learn how to use 'em a bit better (ok, ok, a lot better) there are very few, if any, options available.

I'd happily pay a premium for a trackday where I actually had quality instruction, rather than just going round and round ignorantly making the same mistakes lap after lap.

Good luck with the venture.

Shaun
8th December 2007, 12:14
On a slight tangent, I know, but how's about offering paid tuition or ride schools without having to tick the bike hire/lease option?

I'm sure people would be interested in leasing the bikes as well, but for those of us with track bikes who would like to learn how to use 'em a bit better (ok, ok, a lot better) there are very few, if any, options available.

I'd happily pay a premium for a trackday where I actually had quality instruction, rather than just going round and round ignorantly making the same mistakes lap after lap.

Good luck with the venture.

Cheers, the idea that you have suggested here re training/coach only, I will also be offering that service, but all has to weight untill tracks and companies involved have agreed on every thing

Thanks man

Mort
9th December 2007, 22:50
Shaun, its a great idea. I love it.... I hope the demand is there to make it viable. Having come from the Uk and having done the California Superbike school thing (level 1-4) I can say that the most valuable thing a rider can buy is expert tuition... (guys.... forget faster bikes and go faster bits etc.. train your mind !!!! )....

If you can build a programme around your skills and teach it..... the hire bike business will be a useful add-on.... I think NZ is ripe for this.

Good to see you at Taupo the other day.....

I'll be watching this thread and developments with interest.....

Mort

Shaun
10th December 2007, 09:18
Cheers Mort.

DonaldH
13th December 2007, 20:36
ditto,

sorry not much of a thinker...

Shaun
14th December 2007, 10:31
As of today, Moto-Dynamix has committed to team up with Moto-TT track day company ( exsclusive to them only) for my new venture, thankyou very much to Moto-TT for the help and support you have all shown to me this year, especially since my whooopsie at the TT.

There are more details to be worked out as yet obviously, ie costing dates location etc, but as soon as I have more info, it will be here for you all to read.

ESTIMATE ONLY !!!!!!!

At this stage, it is looking like a total cost to the rider on the day, will be approx $500, tyres, fuel Track time etc, any potentuall crash damage deal, is still being discussed with the Insurance companies, so as soon as they commit, I will be able to finalise all this.

Thanks for the interest

Sue VFR
14th December 2007, 16:42
MotoTT is Stoked to be associated with you :banana:

Your new venture is exciting and innovative.... good luck with it:clap::clap::clap:

ajturbo
14th December 2007, 19:22
that sounds GREAT..... keep us up todate!!!

Mental Trousers
14th December 2007, 19:56
Approx $500 is a great price. I was guessitmating something closer to $750

Shaun
14th December 2007, 20:00
MotoTT is Stoked to be associated with you :banana:

Your new venture is exciting and innovative.... good luck with it:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Sue

and I too are very happy to be associated with such good caring honest people

WickedOne
14th December 2007, 20:21
Awesome idea, all the best with Moto-Dynamix Shaun!!! I am sure it will be a success!!!

Shaun
19th December 2007, 10:47

It gets even better man, check out my signature now

as well as, Motodynamix is going to do some thing very special based on a safety issue! Subject to permission, it will cost me a fortune, but well worth it.:wari:

Shaun
19th December 2007, 10:49
Awesome idea, all the best with Moto-Dynamix Shaun!!! I am sure it will be a success!!!

Thankyou wickedone, I am extremelly confident as well, as most people no where my heart is, this is my life, not my just my buisness:sunny:

Movistar
20th December 2007, 20:42
Awesome Shaun, great to see the motivation still there and abundant as ever!
I too will be keeping an eye on this thread and waiting for further developments...

Out of curiosity, does this mean you will be part of the MotoTT trackdays and run as one of the sessions or will it be a stand alone day?

BIGBOSSMAN
20th December 2007, 21:54
Looks like you're moving in to a new era of trackdays Shaun - rider safety training as well as racing technique. Judging by the chat I had with my insurance broker today, it'll be most likely coverage will be difficult if not impossible at track days with no mentoring or trainers present.
That's good news for you and your business methinks!
And I for one, will be one of your customers :)

Shaun
21st December 2007, 12:13
Cheers again Crew

Motott Track days, as far as my relationship there goes, Moto-Dynamix ( Me Shaun and helper/staff) Will be in attendance at all there days, bar the January one at this stage, I will be there to help support and advice riders with safety and set up of there bikes as well as opinions idea's on safer riding technique, all coming from 23 years as a not bad racer/rider himself.

As far as Moto-Dynamix track day bikes go, these will be leased to the chosen customers, and each customer will be choosing there own class enviroment, ie, slow-medium-fast group, so there is no false pressure on these people, we are there to learn!

Re Insurance for this

We are still talking with all the Insurance companies regarding this buisness venture, and tryng to work out a way to have these bikes insurred for at least any potentuall parts damage, I have stated the labour side would be FOC through me!

So more to do as yet, but we are doing it, and will be there, and Moto-Dynamix as a buisness will be operating out of a new buisness I am setting up in Taupo as of March 08:2thumbsup

Happy days one and all

Shaun
22nd December 2007, 10:52
UPDATE RE Moto-Dynamix and www.motott.co.nz Track day training venture

Moto-Dynamix has just ordered from the USA 5x Commercial Professional Air Bags @ $1200 NZ each to be used on the concrete wall on the last turn at Taupo for our training days in the future

It is a point that I am personally not happy with due to potentuall accidents there, so, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is, and have the full backing Support of the motott Crew, cheers all!

Moto-Dynamix is here to stay here, and to be here in the safest professional way, for all the bikers on this site, and bikers in generall:first:

cowpoos
22nd December 2007, 11:43
well done in reguard to the air bags shaun...hope fully more organisations follow your lead!!...I have been pondering why they are not used at puke since discovering how cheap they are...shows the price thats put on human lives and injury prevention buy other organisations in motorcycling...and best of luck with the new direction your bussiness is taking.

Shaun
22nd December 2007, 12:59
well done in reguard to the air bags shaun...hope fully more organisations follow your lead!!...I have been pondering why they are not used at puke since discovering how cheap they are...shows the price thats put on human lives and injury prevention buy other organisations in motorcycling...and best of luck with the new direction your bussiness is taking.

Cheers RE the Air Bags, after our friend had his biff and now lives in a wheel chair, I gave a very important person all the contact they needed to get this stuff for Pukekohe, BUT as per

Moto-Dynamix will always lead by example mate, that is my promise/commitment to fellow bike riders.

ajturbo
22nd December 2007, 17:37
UPDATE RE Moto-Dynamix and www.motott.co.nz (http://www.motott.co.nz) Track day training venture

Moto-Dynamix has just ordered from the USA 5x Commercial Professional Air Bags @ $1200 NZ each to be used on the concrete wall on the last turn at Taupo for our training days in the future

It is a point that I am personally not happy with due to potentuall accidents there, so, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is, and have the full backing Support of the motott Crew, cheers all!

Moto-Dynamix is here to stay here, and to be here in the safest professional way, for all the bikers on this site, and bikers in generall:first:

that corner has always bothered me too... but i was not sure how the problem could be "fixed"...

thanks shaun!!..

but what i would like to know... what if i need to use them... how much will it cost to repair them?....(knowing my luck i'll ripe them apart on impact... as i go soooooo fast:whistle:)

Shaun
28th December 2007, 14:04
UPDATE

Have had a reply from one of the 3 Insurance companies, I am talking to about all this:niceone:

Things are looking very very good

Now just for 2 more replies and a decision.:banana:

Shaun
28th December 2007, 14:05
that corner has always bothered me too... but i was not sure how the problem could be "fixed"...

thanks shaun!!..

but what i would like to know... what if i need to use them... how much will it cost to repair them?....(knowing my luck i'll ripe them apart on impact... as i go soooooo fast:whistle:)

Not your problem at all!!!!