PDA

View Full Version : G'day from WA (fuknKIWI)

fuknKIWI
8th December 2007, 23:47
I'm a Canterbury boy who's been living in Western Australia for a while.
I've been back to NZ a few times, twice in the last year.
Kinda miss the place at times, but not at others.
I have an older Harley the FXR, cut my teeth on British bikes as a young fella. I've had a couple of Hinkley Triumphs too. The Jap bikes are always dirt bikes;)
I was involved with the B.E.A.R.S in the early days when they started at Ruapuna in the 80's, pleased to see they're still going strong.
I work as a greenkeeper at a Cuntry club called Snakelands :argh: it's a good job, lousy pay & hours, but that's alright cos I'm now only working 3 days a week plus weekend roster. That's because I'm getting ready to sell the house & bring my Canadian wife & 2 Ozzie kids (9 &11) home to NZ (where's that shiver smiley?) should be there sometime in '08. When I get home I'll be looking for an entry level job in the Microbrewing industry. I retrained after losing my job (Ozzie workers comp SUX:mad:) & doing the dole thing whilst trying to feed 2 kids & pay a mortgage, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Lookout NZ here I come....
I have been a member before another time & another computer, can't even find it so I rejoined.
I'm also known as Tricky on MSN, Hi Sunhuntin

fredie
9th December 2007, 02:49
hu aussie dudes:bleh::apint:u like your fesh an cheps:stupid:

jimbo
9th December 2007, 05:17
Welcome:Punk:

YellowDog
9th December 2007, 08:05
Welcome back mate. At least you know what to expect and you won't get any surprises. There is no better place in the world to bring up kids and whilst Kiwi wages are pretty low, you don't need so much money to bring up your kids as you do in other parts of the world. Hope they like the new environment.

There are a lot of good Harley things going on in NZ. You will find it is worth a lot more than it would have been in AUS or Canada.

Good luck.

deanohit
9th December 2007, 08:08
Welcome to the mad house mate!
Ya going back to Canterbury or some where else?

sunhuntin
9th December 2007, 12:25
greetings mate! bout time you showed up!

when ya coming back? im sooo gonna bombard your house over the next burt munro ifn you live down that way.

fergie
9th December 2007, 13:08
canadian mum/kiwi dad,,, what sort of accent does that give the kids?

Wheeliemonsta
12th December 2007, 15:54
I'm a Canterbury boy who's been living in Western Australia for a while.
I've been back to NZ a few times, twice in the last year.
Kinda miss the place at times, but not at others.
I have an older Harley the FXR, cut my teeth on British bikes as a young fella. I've had a couple of Hinkley Triumphs too. The Jap bikes are always dirt bikes;)
I was involved with the B.E.A.R.S in the early days when they started at Ruapuna in the 80's, pleased to see they're still going strong.
I work as a greenkeeper at a Cuntry club called Snakelands :argh: it's a good job, lousy pay & hours, but that's alright cos I'm now only working 3 days a week plus weekend roster. That's because I'm getting ready to sell the house & bring my Canadian wife & 2 Ozzie kids (9 &11) home to NZ (where's that shiver smiley?) should be there sometime in '08. When I get home I'll be looking for an entry level job in the Microbrewing industry. I retrained after losing my job (Ozzie workers comp SUX:mad:) & doing the dole thing whilst trying to feed 2 kids & pay a mortgage, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Lookout NZ here I come....
I have been a member before another time & another computer, can't even find it so I rejoined.
I'm also known as Tricky on MSN, Hi Sunhuntin

Gidday fuknKIWI,
Headin your way Jan 08 (4th through the 14th) to catch with me bro for 10 days, he's in Scarborough, works up on the mines at Port Hedland

He tells me his local is a place called "The Indie Bar"

First one there shouts a round :drinkup:

Cheers

:rockon:

Cheers

Swoop
20th December 2007, 14:08
"Microbrewing"???

Small beers?

Welcome mate!
:ride:

SPman
20th December 2007, 14:23
"Microbrewing"???

Small beers?

If you want Little Creatures Pale Ale, you'll have to brew it yourself - I did.

janno
20th December 2007, 14:43
Welcome to you. I came back from aus in August after four years away, and haven't regretted it one bit.

I hate snakes and heat, so Aus is not the best place in that respect . . .

Miss my aussie mates though. I like the way Aussies call a spade a spade, not a black, one legged, lesbian whale's entrenching tool like they do here.