PDA

View Full Version : Best Performance Exhaust Can for a 1998 SRAD GSXR 750??

hodgeman
2nd November 2004, 18:13
Hey KB members.

I am in the process of getting my bike repaired under insurance after I was knocked of in TAUPO by a 4WD towing a boat.
Check out what happened and the damage here (http://www.hodgeman.co.nz/whatsnew/myaccident.htm)
The bike shop tells me they cannot source a original exhaust can, sweet as I thought, but now I have a dilemma trying to pick an exhaust can for around $900 that would be the best for my bike. Money is tight, so I can't throw any more at it.

The bike shop is pushing to sell me a Carbon Fibre REMUS Genesis.
They can obviously get them cheaper or something, so they can pocket the rest of the cash.

I can get a Two Brothers C2 Oval Aluminium for $800

I was just wondering what would be better??
Two Brothers, REMUS or something else.
Stainless, Carbon Fibre, or aluminium???

Please keep in mind the fact that the insurance only covers around $900 for the price of the original can.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Two Smoker
2nd November 2004, 18:22
$900 will get you most cans..... maybe Micron???? Possibly at a stretch Yoshimura?????

Drunken Monkey
2nd November 2004, 18:26
They're trying to sell you a carbon because no-one else wants it and it's been sitting in stock for yonks! Ok, maybe carbons aren't that bad, and they're certainly worse for twins, but the general consensus is 'keep away' if you want any longevity from your end can.
For $900 +/- $150 you should be able to get an aluminium or titanium scorpion, micron or arrow.

hodgeman
2nd November 2004, 18:56
Cheers Lads,

Worth a look into then, spose I should shop around.
I should get the can off White Trash as he can give me a kick arse deal.
I heard Carbon Fibre wasn't the best, Titanium would be the go, as it's not that much more than CF ah?

sAsLEX
2nd November 2004, 19:17
Did he end up admitting liability??

LB
3rd November 2004, 04:28
Holy shit, you were lucky you didn't get seriously hurt! Did the bastard end up getting charged? I bloody well hope so.

Don't forget to check out a Neptune also - www.neptunemufflers.co.nz

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 07:19
No, the guy didn't admit liability yet.
Everyone I've talked to said he is to blame, not that I needed anyone to tell me that.
The insurance company (TOWER) said that they'll look after everything, they have already left messages and sent a letter, with no response.
How about I get a few KB members and we pay Mr X in Matamata a visit :bash:
LOL
Once I pick up my bike, next week hopefully, and pay the $300 XS, the file gets handed to the claims collection guys and they get a bit more forceful.
I'm just wondering if I should go and visit or ring the guy and straighten it out now.
But I'm fine, just a gouge on my leg were my foot brake lever entered my leg.

Hoping to be at the Elephant Run next Sun.

Thanks

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 07:37
Everyone I've talked to said he is to blame, not that I needed anyone to tell me that.
The insurance company (TOWER) said that they'll look after everything, they have already left messages and sent a letter, with no response.
LOL
Once I pick up my bike, next week hopefully, and pay the $300 XS, the file gets handed to the claims collection guys and they get a bit more forceful.
I'm just wondering if I should go and visit or ring the guy and straighten it out now.

Thanks

I will be heading back thru matamata this avo back to tauranga

Hey hodgeman you interested in meeting up and heading to elephant run together, since rotovegas is on way to taupo for me?

For that sorta money you should be able to get any exhust you want, if ya wanna spend a few extra $$ you could get a full system instead.

vifferman
3rd November 2004, 07:41
LOL

ThanksNo, don't get involved in trying to contact the guy and sort out the insurance - leave it to the insurance company.
Performance wise, there's not much in it with different makes of cans, so go for something that will give long life (i.e., not CF) and doesn't need repacking (if possible). If you have enough cash, and are tossing up between models, go for the best-looking can, like those coloured titanium ones.

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 07:45
Hey hodgeman you interested in meeting up and heading to elephant run together, since rotovegas is on way to taupo for me?

Yeah, Sure am, If I get my bike back next week, I'll be in other wise, are you up for a pillion?? LOL - Joking.
Will let you know closer to the time, If I get my bike back.
Will met with all the other guys at Bike Force.

Cheers

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 08:05
Yeah, Sure am, If I get my bike back next week, I'll be in other wise, are you up for a pillion?? LOL - Joking.
Will let you know closer to the time, If I get my bike back.
Will met with all the other guys at Bike Force.

Cheers

hahahah my 600 doesn't have rear foot pegs dc:< so no pillion carrying for me, reason i got the gixxer, wife has own bike, if i was gonna buy a bike for pillion i would have got something like a vfr800 or simlar,

what time they leaving bike force??

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 08:25
Not sure what time their leaving bike force.
Will let you know as soon as I know.
Your bike looks trick as!!
I can't wait to upgrade one day, after the wedding in Feb.
There is a guy selling a GSXR1000 K2 done 10k for $12,500. Would be a sweet little bike man oh man.

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 09:15
Not sure what time their leaving bike force.
Will let you know as soon as I know.
Your bike looks trick as!!
I can't wait to upgrade one day, after the wedding in Feb.
There is a guy selling a GSXR1000 K2 done 10k for $12,500. Would be a sweet little bike man oh man.

Yeah i got married end of last year, its a common thing getting married and getting a new bike just before or just after

Yeah 600 is good i would have loved to got the 750 tho but this does the job

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 09:21
Wife has own bike | Its a common thing getting married and getting a new bike just before or just after.

Man Cajan, your a lucky man, my fiance doesn't even like riding on the back much, let along have her own bike.

I hope I get a new bike just after, but she had her heart set on a honeymoon for some strange reason, Women?? ah! :wacko:

vifferman
3rd November 2004, 09:30
Man Cajan, your a lucky man, my fiance doesn't even like riding on the back much, let along have her own bike. That could well change.
My wife was quite taken a back to find out I was a biker who happened to be 'between bikes' when we met, married and had kids. Up until this year, she would've been on the back of the 4 bikes I've had since we married, a total of no more than a half dozen times over 15 years or so.
This year, she decided she needed to take more of an interest in what I'm interested in, and now I think she's more keen to go for a ride on the bike than I am. She even stayed up to watch the MotoGP tape the other night, and seemed to enjoy it.
So, you never know how things could work out, but if you're careful and considerate, your fiancee may yet grow to enjoy bikes, especially if she meets other female pillions (a highlight for Mrs FS last Sunday).

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 09:35
That could well change.
My wife was quite taken a back to find out I was a biker wo happened to be 'between bikes' when we met, married and had kids. Up until this year, she would've been on the back of the 4 bikes I've had since we married, a total of no more than a half dozen times over 15 years or so.
This year, she decided she needed to take more of an interest in what I'm interested in, and now I think she's more keen to go for a ride on the bike than I am. She even stayed up to watch the MotoGP tape the other night, and seemed to enjoy it.
So, you never know how things could work out, but if you're careful and considerate, your fiancee may yet grow to enjoy bikes, especially if she meets other female pillions (a highlight for Mrs FS last Sunday).

That's what I think she needs, to meet a few of the lovely ladies you lads are married to.

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 10:09
Man Cajan, your a lucky man, my fiance doesn't even like riding on the back much, let along have her own bike.

I hope I get a new bike just after, but she had her heart set on a honeymoon for some strange reason, Women?? ah! :wacko:

Well everyone in the family owns a bike, my wife owns an 02 vtr1000f which she brought brand new, which wasn't to bad for a 21 year old at the time buying a brand new vtr1000f as her first bike she had brought.

Some woman once they see my wife that she has a big bike, so go cool, means they can get something, alot of woman for some reason mostly have smallish bikes, or made/lead believe they can't ride big bikes, yes most big bikes taller for alot of woman small inner leg, which is easylie over come, bu lowering bike by either shock mods, or seat mods.

Its good having a someone who is in to bikes, okay wife isn't really in to bikes like i am, but its good means you can go away riding together, and stuff that goes along with it.

She might not like riding on the back cause of type of bike its, i know if i carry i a pillion i always like to have something behind them eg a packrack or simlar makes them feel safer, and more calm.

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 10:54
Yeah, I'm hoping Summer will bring her out for more rides, she does prefer having a packrack behind her also for piece of mind. I also think meeting some nice KB partners would be good for er as well.

But back to the Exhaust.
Does any one have an idea on how much an Akrapovic would cost??

White trash
3rd November 2004, 11:03
That's what I think she needs, to meet a few of the lovely ladies you lads are married to.

What lovely lady :Pokey:

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 11:10

quiet you. you are your lovely lady dc:<

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 11:11
Yeah, it's alright for you lads who don't have partners, who can spend all their spare $$$ on bikes and bits!
Titanium Micron might be the way to go.

Cajun
3rd November 2004, 11:13
Yeah, it's alright for you lads who don't have partners, who can spend all their spare $$$ on bikes and bits!
Titanium Micron might be the way to go.

suzukis deserve yoshi's

But Apk are great as well, its really choose what pipe floats ya boat really

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 12:52
Come on lads, check out the poll and make your mark.
Lets see who comes out on top.
Remember it's value for money.

Slingshot
3rd November 2004, 14:00
I've got a mate that has a '96 or '97 GSXR750, he's got a couple of pipes for it.

One of them is a huge carbon fibre can, it sounds mint and is very loud.
The other is an oval Vance & Hinds, isn't as loud but still sounds nice and when he first put it on he was amazed by the increase in power over the huge carbon fibre can.

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 14:06
I've got a mate that has a '96 or '97 GSXR750, he's got a couple of pipes for it.

One of them is a huge carbon fibre can, it sounds mint and is very loud.
The other is an oval Vance & Hinds, isn't as loud but still sounds nice and when he first put it on he was amazed by the increase in power over the huge carbon fibre can.

Is he selling them, or are you letting me know that Vance & Hines are a great brand. Apparently V&H are very expensive and my budget is around $1000 firm.
Thanks for the post though.

Slipstream
3rd November 2004, 15:04

You could always comprimise ... have a biker honeymoon :msn-wink:

That's what I wanted... But didn't have enough room for 2 1/2 people on the bike :(

Slingshot
3rd November 2004, 19:23
Is he selling them, or are you letting me know that Vance & Hines are a great brand. Apparently V&H are very expensive and my budget is around $1000 firm.
Thanks for the post though.
Sorry, didn't make that clear, he's holding onto both as he changes them depending on what mood he's in.

He got both from a bike wrecker in Oz, he ordered the carbon one first, that went missing in transit so the company sent him the V&H for free. A couple of weeks later the carbon one turned up so he was stoked.

Two Smoker
3rd November 2004, 19:36
But back to the Exhaust.
Does any one have an idea on how much an Akrapovic would cost??
A fuck load, it will cost too much (like think around the 3 grand mark for a full system).... Titanium Yoshi costs about $1300 but the stainless is more around the 800-900 mark.....

Best value for money would most likely be a Micron Titanium or Stainless (sound mint too.....)

But for the best build quality, go for Yoshi....

hodgeman
3rd November 2004, 19:49
Stainless Yoshi is more around the 800-900 mark.....

Best value for money would most likely be a Micron Titanium or Stainless (sound mint too.....)

Whats the better sounding of the two Yoshi <-> Micron
I could buy a Micron Titanium for the Price of the Stainless Yoshi.
or would the Stainless Yoshi be better than the Titanium Micron??

So many choices......

hodgeman
5th November 2004, 07:13
Well hopefully I'll be getting a RS3 Yoshi from Colemans SUZUKI, good old Dan is gonna look after me. Just need to hear back from the local shop to make sure it's OK.
May not have my bike by next weekend though I'm afraid, sorry lads.
Can takes a good 7 days ex Aussie, appartently
Might not be able to ride to the Track, would I get a load of bollocks from all the KB members fro turning up in a car??

Thanks for all those KB members who voted on the poll.
I look forward to meeting all of you in person. :(

DEATH_INC.
5th November 2004, 19:13
I run a Kerker on my '99,a little heavy(still lighter than the stocker though...)good sound and solid build.Made 6hp on the dyno too.

Two Smoker
5th November 2004, 19:23
Well hopefully I'll be getting a RS3 Yoshi from Colemans SUZUKI, good old Dan is gonna look after me. Just need to hear back from the local shop to make sure it's OK.
May not have my bike by next weekend though I'm afraid, sorry lads.
Can takes a good 7 days ex Aussie, appartently
Might not be able to ride to the Track, would I get a load of bollocks from all the KB members fro turning up in a car??

Thanks for all those KB members who voted on the poll.
I look forward to meeting all of you in person. :(
Legend, Dan has a RS-3 on his gixxer 750, and it sounds mint.....

Cajun
6th November 2004, 06:13
woo hoo a yoshi
good on ya man

pity ya might not make it next weekend )c:<

Bazza
11th December 2004, 12:58
just got a set of remus for the VTR, most impressed

avgas
5th January 2005, 17:50
Got the Laser zorst on the Z now, found these cans give good omf! if jetted right. Had to have it repacked thought cos she was way too loud.
I love V&H though - streetfighter dream zorst.
Neptune are all good too though

Sensei
12th January 2005, 20:30
Dude if you own a Suzuki there is only one allowed to be put onto it
"Yoshi" or you will be tracked down by Ninja & killed .
By order of "POP's Yoshimura"
SENSEI ;)

hodgeman
12th January 2005, 21:57
Dude if you own a Suzuki there is only one allowed to be put onto it "Yoshi" or you will be tracked down by Ninja & killed.
By order of "POP's Yoshimura"

It's done dudes, I got a Stainless Yoshimura TRS Tri-Oval can and it sounds the shizza. Goto my website (http://www.hodgeman.co.nz/whatsnew/adriansbike.htm) to hear the sound of my new machine.

Sensei
13th January 2005, 16:13
Arrr sound's excellent " Buddha Bless you" Have a Black S/S Tri Oval Yoshi on the GSX1000
SENSEI :headbang: