PDA

View Full Version : AMCC Protecta Insurance Road Race Series 2003/2004

gpercivl
5th August 2003, 10:30
AMCC have released dates for their popular club series for the 2003/2004 season. This year there are four rounds, first three at Pukekohe and the last at Taupo.

<b>Dates:</b>
<ul>
<li>Rnd 1, Pukekohe, October 5th</li>
<li>Rnd 2, Pukekohe, November 16th</li>
<li>Rnd 3, Pukekohe, April 6th</li>
<li>Rnd 4, Taupo, April 17th</li>
</ul>

The last date may be subject to change.

Contact AMCC or visit their web site for further details <a href="http://www.amcc.org.nz">http://www.amcc.org.nz</a>.

Coldkiwi
5th August 2003, 13:01
*CK starts to wonder if maybe he wouldn't mind puttering around the back of those races at Puke in the clubmans class after all....* :cool:

Dave
5th August 2003, 13:12
Dare ya

bluninja
5th August 2003, 14:07
Errrr are AMCC running Clubmans?????

TTFN

gpercivl
5th August 2003, 14:21
Yep, looks like AMCC will be running a clubman's class with the emphasis on safety. They'll be keeping a close eye on any 'burglars' or dangerous type stuff to keep it as much fun as possible :)

Mitch
5th August 2003, 15:44
I double dare ya CK!!!!&nbsp; Cummon REALLY put KK to shame :eek:&nbsp;

You were getting around Puke with abit of style&nbsp; (only I saw you at the hairpin hehe)&nbsp; :p

Only thing I would really warn you about racing is to be careful because it is......&nbsp;SO BLOODY ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!&nbsp; :eek::eek::eek:

bluninja
5th August 2003, 17:20
Hmmm, maybe I should have attended the committee meeting last night:o still nice to find out anyway I suppose.

bikerboy
5th August 2003, 17:42
Go for it CK.:D

From Marmoot's pics you've got nothing to lose, except maybe a little green paint! :eek:

Coldkiwi
5th August 2003, 18:03
it does sound bloody tempting. My main concern is getting shafted by guys that are well quicker when they come round again.. but if AMCC are intent on trying to keep it clean then it sounds like I'd have well reduced odds of getting knocked off by some other maniacal clown and I'd only need to worry about myself....and if worst came to worst, I'm away for the following week so any repairs could be done then (TOUCH WOOD!)

ahhh man... I don't know if I'll be able to avoid it now!

what sort of machinery do people run in clubmans? Do some people just run road bikes without the mirrors etc etc?

What?
6th August 2003, 10:40
Ummmm, April 6 is a Tuesday????????

gpercivl
6th August 2003, 11:10
I'll check back on that April 6th date and amend accordingly...thanks for spotting it.

Clubman's pretty much run any sort of bike as long as it passes scrutineering checks which include wiring your sump plug and oil filter so that they can't accidentally come off and spoil your day.

When I use to run my road bike, I use to remove the mirrors and indicators, sticky tape over the glass headlight, and disconnect the brake light (so as not to disconcert anyone up your date).

It's real easy to get started bike racing, but you do need an MNZ license which also requires current club membership. But be careful, what Mitch said previously is true: 'Motorcycle racing IS addictive' !!!

gpercivl
8th August 2003, 09:33
Got confirmation from AMCC, first two rounds dates in the original post are correct. The 3rd round was a typo and should have been Sunday 4th of April, and the 4th and last round has been moved to Sunday May 2nd.

Hope to see y'all there :rockon:

babyB
8th August 2003, 20:00
come on CK ...youre 1 up on me ..i aint set foot on Puke track ...but ill be there...(give ya a slow race.lol)

your right&nbsp; GP it is sooooooo addictive