PDA

View Full Version : Newbie asking for help - VT250

justsomeguy
2nd November 2004, 22:26
Hi there,

If you were me - would you buy this? :confused:

Honda VT 250 1989, WOf and Rego. V Twin. 51000 kms

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=17736015

No :nono: I'm not selling it - I want to buy it. I want to know if this bike is "recommended" :ride: .

WHERE IN AUCKLAND (preferably near the city) DO U RECOMMEND I GO TO HAVE THIS BIKE TESTED? :)

As far as experience goes - I used to ride a 100kg automatic scooter :scooter: 6 years ago. Since then I've only ridden a cycle a couple of times. :Playnice: I still need to learn how to use a geared bike.

Right now I lead the bidding. This is a blind and impulsive purchase and i'm praying I don't get burnt :shit: I haven't even seen the bike in person :crybaby:

Buts it's a bike - they are not supposed to make sense - otherwise we would all be driving 500cc electric cars. :2guns:

Posh Tourer :P
3rd November 2004, 09:41
Looks ok from what I see, and definitely a good deal at $1300. If there isnt anything wrong with it thats causing it to smoke then no worries. Fairly high kms, but they seem to be a good model, so you oughta be ok. Might need some engine work sometime, but again, its still a good deal.

750Y
4th November 2004, 13:39
bud, i had a 1987 vt250fg. it was really a fun little bike & not much went wrong with it & it was cheap to run. it could do 167 top speed & would scrape the centre stand if you leaned it over. I had about 54k on it & still going strong when i broke it.

justsomeguy
5th November 2004, 00:28
Thanks mate - had this bike checked out by Mt Eden motorcycles - It's already broken. So I'm still looking for something.

Regards

gamgee
5th November 2004, 07:12
when i was buying, i asked a friend who owns a motorbike shop down here, he said they aren't very reliable and once the k's get up around that level, they don't have much of a life expectancy

STORKEN
21st December 2006, 01:27
STORKEN owns a 1988 VT250F blue. 88,000k's very good on open road. Very reliable. These bikes have a reputation for being reliable and a cult following in Japan. Suffered from bad press from early VF 750's, VT 500's. I was looking at a british biker forum and everyone raves about them. Will do 160k's/hr, a bit heavy on fuel, mine loves to sit between 120 - 140k's/hr. keep looking and you'll find a good one.

Hmm... where'd that nomination for thread dredger go?...

jeremysprite
21st December 2006, 09:34
Lol Weasel...
Why does STORKEN speaks about STORKEN in 3rd person?

Lol Weasel...
Why does STORKEN speaks about STORKEN in 3rd person?

WEASEL doesn't know, but WEASEL detects STORKEN isn't from around here...