PDA

View Full Version : Cops busted me for wheelie.....

Taine
11th December 2007, 09:49
Just left a harley shop looking at buying 1 for the purpose of slowing down and because most my friends have them....was in 2 minds after riding the 2008 1580cc which to my surprise went quiet well...so leaving in the main street I twisted the throttle up came the front perfectly balanced into 2nd and about to go for third when I saw blue lights on the otherside of the road......2 things going thru my head should I split or should I stop....always a hard 1 at the split second to choose so I stopped as I had friends following me and they would of caught the flack......
been 3 years since I have had a ticket but they were surprising good about it.......
I'm sure alot of you have stories simular...would be great to hear them.....???

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 09:53
Hmmm - if the cop car was in the opposite lane you don't have to stop. You only have to stop if it's following you with lights and siren.

How much did they do you for? Demerits? Dollars?
I wasn't actually aware that you could get a ticket for wheelieing - what exactly did they "pin" you down on?

spookytooth
11th December 2007, 10:02
doing wheeleys is childish and stupid .Spot they guy that cant do them :)

jrandom
11th December 2007, 10:04
Yes, what was the ticket for?

Good call re. not gapping it if it was obvious that the cop wanted you to stop, too. Runners in town really are neither big nor clever.

tri boy
11th December 2007, 10:25
waits for katman to climb onto soapbox.....:whistle:

Taine
11th December 2007, 10:27
yup so true but it is dangerous driving, there are 3 levels, dangerous,reckless,careless, all court hearing but I managed to get it down to careless which I can write in plea guilty and get a small fine......

onearmedbandit
11th December 2007, 10:28
I wasn't actually aware that you could get a ticket for wheelieing - what exactly did they "pin" you down on?

I don't know what the op got, but they can do you for either dangerous driving or careless use. I know, I've been there.

Taine
11th December 2007, 10:29
obviously spook sometimes they just happen I'm sure you have had a wheel off at some stage????

spookytooth
11th December 2007, 10:33
haha not any more spent some time laying on me back trying to do them in the past

onearmedbandit
11th December 2007, 10:34
yup so true but it is dangerous driving, there are 3 levels, dangerous,reckless,careless, all court hearing but I managed to get it down to careless which I can write in plea guilty and get a small fine......

Careful, I got the same option last time. Brought it down to careless use, don't worry mate, just be a small fine. Yeah well that was until I got home one day to find a business card in my door. Rang the number and the polite lady on the end of the phone asked me if she could hold onto my license for me for 3 months.

Taine
11th December 2007, 10:37
takes time but been there to spook...lol....

Taine
11th December 2007, 10:39
true Bandit......guess I better go to court that day and make sure it dosn't happen......
the mighty fine female officer assured me it is only a fine but I will be aware......

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 10:50
Yes, what was the ticket for?

Good call re. not gapping it if it was obvious that the cop wanted you to stop, too. Runners in town really are neither big nor clever.

I wasn't suggesting doing a runner as such. But if they are not behind you with their lights and siren you're not required to stop...

Filter through to the lights, go around the block so they loose sight of you, park you bike get off it and walk away... Come back 10 minutes later and maybe you would have avoided it. You wouldn't have to do anything dangerous.

madandy
11th December 2007, 11:16
You have just described a runner :nono: not that I'd know one when I saw one :innocent: The Cop will record your rego number and you'll be done regardless. Man up and pull over. It's just a ticket :yes:

owner
11th December 2007, 11:30
Just a ticket. and the rest. They always seem to get ya when you least expect it. ie, right after looking to purchase an old man bike

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 11:39
You have just described a runner :nono: not that I'd know one when I saw one:innocent:

In that case I have done a runner in the past (in my car) and wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again. What I would not do, is drive dangerously to get away... or try to outspeed the cops.

The Cop will record your rego number and you'll be done regardless.

*If* they manage to record the rego number they still have to prove beyond reasonable doubt who was riding the bike at that time.

Man up and pull over. It's just a ticket :yes:

I would do that - when I am obliged to (i.e. they are following me with lights and siren). And I'd be polite and coopperative...
However, I wouldn't stop if I didn't have to!

And I don't care about the ticket - but demerit points accumulate no matter how innocent your offense.

Reckless
11th December 2007, 11:42
true Bandit......guess I better go to court that day and make sure it dosn't happen......
the mighty fine female officer assured me it is only a fine but I will be aware......

They can do you for all sorts of stuff now with the boy racer laws. Loss of traction and weelies etc have been taken to a new level of punishment!:Police:
Sounds like you shoulda had a better look up the road before you twisted that throttle my friend LOL!

The Pastor
11th December 2007, 11:45
Right about now NWA court is in full effect.
Judge Dre presiding in the case of NWA versus the police department.
Prosecuting attourneys are MC Ren Ice Cube and Eazy muthafuckin E.
Order order order. Ice Cube take the muthafuckin stand.
Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth
and nothin but the truth so help your black ass?

Why don't you tell everybody what the fuck you gotta say?

Fuck tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

Fuck that shit, cuz I ain't tha one
For a punk muthafucka with a badge and a gun
To be beatin on, and throwin in jail
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

Fuckin with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics

You'd rather see me in the pen
Then me and Lorenzo rollin in the Benzo
Beat tha police outta shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still can't swallow bread and water

I don't know if they fags or what
Search a nigga down and grabbin his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop

Ice Cube will swarm
On any muthafucka in a blue uniform
Just cuz I'm from the CPT, punk police are afraid of me
A young nigga on a warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
Of cops, dyin in LA
Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

Fuck the police (4X)

M. C. Ren, will you please give your testimony to the jury about this fucked up incident.>

Fuck tha police and Ren said it with authority
because the niggaz on the street is a majority.
A gang, is with whoever I'm stepping
and the motherfuckin' weapon
is kept in a stash box, for the so-called law
wishin' Ren was a nigga that they never saw

Lights start flashin behind me
But they're scared of a nigga so they mace me to blind me
But that shit don't work, I just laugh
Because it gives em a hint not to step in my path

To the police I'm sayin fuck you punk
Readin my rights and shit, it's all junk
Pullin out a silly club, so you stand
With a fake assed badge and a gun in your hand

But take off the gun so you can see what's up
And we'll go at it punk, I'ma fuck you up

Make ya think I'm a kick your ass
But drop your gat, and Ren's gonna blast
I'm sneaky as fuck when it comes to crime
But I'm a smoke em now, and not next time

Smoke any muthafucka that sweats me
Or any assho that threatens me
I'm a sniper with a hell of a scope
Takin out a cop or two, they can't cope with me

The muthafuckin villian that's mad
With potential to get bad as fuck
So I'm a turn it around
Put in my clip, yo, and this is the sound
Ya, somethin like that, but it all depends on the size of the gat

Takin out a police would make my day
But a nigga like Ren don't give a fuck to say

Fuck the police (4X)

Police, open now. We have a warrant for Eazy-E's arrest.
Get down and put your hands up where I can see em.
Just shut the fuck up and get your muthafuckin ass on the floor.
[huh?]>

and tell the jury how you feel abou this bullshit.>

I'm tired of the muthafuckin jackin
Sweatin my gang while I'm chillin in the shackin
Shining tha light in my face, and for what
Maybe it's because I kick so much butt

I kick ass, or maybe cuz I blast
On a stupid assed nigga when I'm playin with the trigga
Of any Uzi or an AK
Cuz the police always got somethin stupid to say

They put up my picture with silence
Cuz my identity by itself causes violence
The E with the criminal behavior
Yeah, I'm a gansta, but still I got flavor

Without a gun and a badge, what do ya got?
A sucka in a uniform waitin to get shot,
By me, or another nigga.
and with a gat it don't matter if he's smarter or bigger
[MC Ren: Sidle him, kid, he's from the old school, fool]

And as you all know, E's here to rule
Whenever I'm rollin, keep lookin in the mirror
And there's no cue, yo, so I can hear a
Dumb muthafucka with a gun

And if I'm rollin off the 8, he'll be tha one
That I take out, and then get away
And while I'm drivin off laughin
This is what I'll say

Fuck the police (4X)

The jury has found you guilty of bein a redneck,
whitebread, chickenshit muthafucka.
Wait, that's a lie. That's a goddamn lie.
I want justice! I want justice!
Fuck you, you black muthafucka!>

Fuck the police (3X)

madandy
11th December 2007, 11:46
You're on a 250, yeah?
Keeping yer speed under control around town shouldn't be hard mate.
I actually agree with you about slipping around the corner and 'disappearing' but you did say you'd not do a 'runner' :bleh:
The demerit points certainly do suck and that's why #1 I behave in urban environs & #2 I use a radar detector. It works. :niceone:

Usarka
11th December 2007, 11:49
Is a wheelie sustained loss of traction? or uncessary display of acceleration?

If you commit either of these offences the maximum is 3 months imprisonment, or $4,500 in fines, and a minimum period of disqualification of 6 months.

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/boyracerdetails.html

sig heil!

(Godwins been absent recently)

Coyote
11th December 2007, 11:51
Hmmm - if the cop car was in the opposite lane you don't have to stop. You only have to stop if it's following you with lights and siren.
Really?

The police should act tougher against wheelies. I've killed tonnes of babies popping the wheel 5cm off the ground.

madandy
11th December 2007, 11:54
Judge Dre presiding in the case of NWA versus the police department.
Prosecuting attourneys are MC Ren Ice Cube and Eazy muthafuckin E.
Order order order. Ice Cube take the muthafuckin stand.
Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth
and nothin but the truth so help your black ass?.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

The jury has found you guilty of bein a redneck,
whitebread, chickenshit muthafucka.
Wait, that's a lie. That's a goddamn lie.
I want justice! I want justice!
Fuck you, you black muthafucka!>

Fuck the police (3X)

I actually p[referred the song 'Evil Dick' :clap:
Do you see the Irony in the fact that Ice T plays a detective in the TV series, Law and Order?
I'd love to see your face if you were being fucked over by some violent person(s) and called out for a Cop to halp your ass :2guns:

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 12:07
You're on a 250, yeah?
Keeping yer speed under control around town shouldn't be hard mate.
I actually agree with you about slipping around the corner and 'disappearing' but you did say you'd not do a 'runner' :bleh:
The demerit points certainly do suck and that's why #1 I behave in urban environs & #2 I use a radar detector. It works. :niceone:

Oh, I have no trouble keeping my speed under control. I would have no trouble going way to fast if I wanted either...
I only just disagreed with your definition of doing a runner. And yeah, I have to get my radar detector fitted to my bike as well as the car!

Really?

The police should act tougher against wheelies. I've killed tonnes of babies popping the wheel 5cm off the ground.

You bad bad bad man! Bad I tell you! ;)

Is a wheelie sustained loss of traction? or uncessary display of acceleration?

Wheelie is not loss of traction... In that case you couldn't get your front wheel of the ground I'd say (anyone doing a wheelie/burnout?).

A motorcycle is a unecessary display of acceleration right there! Motorcycles are the incarnation of acceleration. In the perfect nanny state any acceleration is unnecessary since we aren't going anywhere anytime soon anyway!

Coyote
11th December 2007, 12:22
You bad bad bad man! Bad I tell you! ;)

Wheelie is not loss of traction... In that case you couldn't get your front wheel of the ground I'd say (anyone doing a wheelie/burnout?).

Are you hitting on me?

Ooo, the tough guy in The Fast and the Furious can do a burnout wheelie, both loosing and having too much traction. Whoever thought it was physically impossible is a nutter, obviously :rolleyes:

madandy
11th December 2007, 12:29
Haha, well said. A little excessive accelleration never hurt anyone!

Usarka
11th December 2007, 12:29

I'd pay to see that. But two questions:

1) is that the legal interpretation

and if not

2) does the front wheel have traction while wheelie is being performed?

jrandom
11th December 2007, 12:35

As usual, we've touched on this subject before.

The search function is your friend (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=783650#post783650).

Thank you, spudchucka.

madandy
11th December 2007, 12:35
Does friction between said hoisted front tyre and the air it's slicing through count?

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 12:41
I'd pay to see that. But two questions:

1) is that the legal interpretation

and if not

Well, if the wheel isn't in contact with the surface you couldn't talk about loss of traction since traction only exists through the contact!

And I'm pretty damn sure I could give a 5 minute talk on Newtonian Mechanics that would put any argument for the opposite to rest. Wouldn't even need to do a powerpoint presentation to do it either - just need a whiteboard and a marker! ;)

But the careless, reckless and dangerous driving charges are nasty - the cop can charge just about anyone with it. If I ever received one and felt that it was ever just the slightest unfair I'd contest it in court that's for sure. On the other hand - if I found the charge to be fair I'd just own up...

Usarka
11th December 2007, 12:44
Sorry my eyes picked up the word Powerpoint and i ran away screaming like a girl.....

jrandom
11th December 2007, 12:44
Does friction between said hoisted front tyre and the air it's slicing through count?

No.

Read the link in my post, guys.

In terms of current traffic regulations, 'sustained loss of traction' is a separate charge to careless or dangerous driving, and relates only to driven wheels.

madandy
11th December 2007, 12:48
We both posted at the same minute. Link followed. My question was more a cheeky poke at physics types rather than the legal interpretation.

Edbear
11th December 2007, 12:51
...*If* they manage to record the rego number they still have to prove beyond reasonable doubt who was riding the bike at that time...

Actually I think they ask the registered owner and if he doesn't tell them they can do things. Not certain what, but I believe you have a legal obligation to say who was riding/driving your car at the time. I stand to be corrected by those who know these things, though.

jrandom
11th December 2007, 12:58
My question was more a cheeky poke at physics types rather than the legal interpretation.

I know, but I never miss an opportunity to be pompous.

;)

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 12:59
Actually I think they ask the registered owner and if he doesn't tell them they can do things. Not certain what, but I believe you have a legal obligation to say who was riding/driving your car at the time. I stand to be corrected by those who know these things, though.

I recently had a chat with my mate who's a cop about this matter...

If they don't catch you red handed and you don't admit to having driven/ridden the vehicle then it's the police's responsibility to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that you were indeed the driver/rider.

Oh yes, you may have to lie to them to get off - and they might very well realise that you're lying but they can't do anything unless they can prove it.

jrandom
11th December 2007, 13:01
If they don't catch you red handed and you don't admit to having driven/ridden the vehicle then it's the police's responsibility to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that you were indeed the driver/rider.

Yup, and if you don't give them the name of the person who was, they can do you for, um... not giving them the name of the person who was, I suppose.

:confused:

Might still be easier on the licence and bank account than admitting to one's crime, of course, although I seem to recall that the maximum penalty for not telling them who was driving the vehicle is a $10,000 fine.

Usarka
11th December 2007, 13:02
I recently had a chat with my mate who's a cop about this matter...

Oh yes, you may have to lie to them to get off - and they might very well realise that you're lying but they can't do anything unless they can prove it.

Which in front of a judge or jury probably consists of:

Were you riding the bike
~No
Where was the bike
~Dont know
Who was riding the bike
~Dont know
Right.......guitly.

madandy
11th December 2007, 13:05
If you hadn't reported the bike stolen and couldn't offer up a guilty freind who was riding it at the time I'd say that unless you've got one of them fancy German bikes what can ride themselves then you're the guilty rider...
Anyway, I though we had to prove our innocence rather than they prove our guilt! :buggerd:

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 13:07
Yup, and if you don't give them the name of the person who was, they can do you for, um... not giving them the name of the person who was, I suppose.

:confused:

Might still be easier on the licence and bank account than admitting to one's crime, of course, although I seem to recall that the maximum penalty for not telling them who was driving the vehicle is a $10,000 fine.

Or you could just be a nice guy and cooperate!...

You: His name was Jim we met at the pub and offered to drive me home since I was too pissed myself. He left through the back door 10 seconds ago - sorry, I think you missed him...

(Eventually they might chuck this in:
Police: Following your vehicle we only saw one person in the car. Could you elaborate on this?
You: Oh that would have been Jim, I was having a nap on the rearseat...)

Police: Have you got a surname, phonenumber or any contact details on this Jim person?
You: No sorry, only just met him tonight.
Police: (Thinking: you're pissed, you're lying and there's not a goddamn thing I can do about it) Ok, that'll be all - have a nice evening.

marty
11th December 2007, 13:17
here's two parts to the requiring to stop.

1. If you are directed by an officer - that is, if he is on the other side of the road, in unifiorm or a patrol car, and signals you to stop, then you must do so.

2. if you are being 'followed' by disco lights, then you must stop.

as far as i'm aware, if you are not 1, signalled to do so, or 2, being followed, then you don't have to stop. the simple act of puting lights on while on the opposite side of the road would not be sufficient, especially if it was a busy road - could have been for any number of reasons!

of course, you run the risk of your rego being obtained, and the ticket coming in the post anyway for the offence you may or may not have committed when seen by the 5-0..

Mikkel
11th December 2007, 13:31
1. If you are directed by an officer - that is, if he is on the other side of the road, in unifiorm or a patrol car, and signals you to stop, then you must do so.

I very rarely focus on what's going on at the side of the opposite lane unless it is going to be travelling into my path of travel...
It would be an easy thing to miss when you're just pootling along in busy city traffic to be honest.

YellowDog
11th December 2007, 19:42
You must have a good attitude and a great smile. Police seem pretty good in general, but once they actually stop you...............

The Pastor
12th December 2007, 06:00
I actually p[referred the song 'Evil Dick' :clap:
Do you see the Irony in the fact that Ice T plays a detective in the TV series, Law and Order?
I'd love to see your face if you were being fucked over by some violent person(s) and called out for a Cop to halp your ass :2guns:

the cops give a shit. - yeah right.

madandy
12th December 2007, 06:12
Yeah, you're right. With your attitude I'd probably stand back and watch you bleed too. :lol:

Had a bad experience?

Taine
12th December 2007, 06:55
I wasn't suggesting doing a runner as such. But if they are not behind you with their lights and siren you're not required to stop...

Filter through to the lights, go around the block so they loose sight of you, park you bike get off it and walk away... Come back 10 minutes later and maybe you would have avoided it. You wouldn't have to do anything dangerous.

Well actually the cop did say that they were glade I stopped as they expected me to run:Police: if I had things would of been ten times worse....loss of bike, loss of licence...in jail till court...with a whole lot of charges.......::Pokey: not the responsible thing to do when you have fello riders with ya i'd say......

Taine
12th December 2007, 07:01
You must have a good attitude and a great smile. Police seem pretty good in general, but once they actually stop you...............

cheers mate sumtimes just sumtimes you can wiggle your way out of things if you say the right things....hey girls always do it right????? Why can't men with a woman officer???

:clap:

Taine
12th December 2007, 07:03
They can do you for all sorts of stuff now with the boy racer laws. Loss of traction and weelies etc have been taken to a new level of punishment!:Police:
Sounds like you shoulda had a better look up the road before you twisted that throttle my friend LOL!

Maybe Reckless but I do this all the time....just this time was the wrong time of all times......:Oops:

boomer
12th December 2007, 07:10
BUSTED!

Fancy doing tricks like that around town... :gob:

Taine
12th December 2007, 07:16
BUSTED!

Fancy doing tricks like that around town... :gob:

Is that all you can say???;) great vocab dude!!!!!!

boomer
12th December 2007, 07:34
Is that all you can say???;) great vocab dude!!!!!!

May I ask what you were expecting? Perhaps some apt prose or a sonnet or two?

Wheelie's are neither big NOR clever!

Taine
12th December 2007, 08:31
May I ask what you were expecting? Perhaps some apt prose or a sonnet or two?

Wheelie's are neither big NOR clever!

maybe so but I'm sure you do them......

hospitalfood
12th December 2007, 12:14
Taine, you are a bad bad man.
thinking of getting a Harley....????? If I was the cop, and new you had been looking at a Harley I would have locked you up for a good few years.
as for your stunts....I suggest you remove the front wheel, you never fuckin use it anyway and it would confuse the cops, at which stage you only need a donut to distract them and your away free.

Taine
12th December 2007, 12:23
dude you know me too well......:lol:
okay I know I swore alittle but buying a harley but you ride 1.....:clap:
looking forward to the weekend bro....:scooter:

jafar
12th December 2007, 21:49
Taine, you are a bad bad man.
thinking of getting a Harley....????? If I was the cop, and new you had been looking at a Harley I would have locked you up for a good few years.
as for your stunts....I suggest you remove the front wheel, you never fuckin use it anyway and it would confuse the cops, at which stage you only need a donut to distract them and your away free.

:2thumbsup so true

dude you know me too well......:lol:
okay I know I swore alittle but buying a harley but you ride 1.....:clap:
looking forward to the weekend bro....:scooter:

Buell is a Buell ,Hardley is a Hardley , nothing in common with each other except the engine..... wheels.... riders:argh:

deeknow
13th December 2007, 18:51

I bought "Straight Outta Compton" when I was in my teens... jeeze I wish I still had it, NWA were friggin great. :Punk: