PDA

View Full Version : Helmet art is big business in Vietnam as compulsory law kicks in

Bob
13th December 2007, 01:35
One man’s law is another man’s business opportunity. As the new compulsory helmet law takes effect, helmet art has become a huge craze in Vietnam.

Helmet art is reported as most popular with girls, who want to make their helmets special by decorating them with decals, crystal, glass, and scarves, as well as patterns.

Some universities are providing free decorating services, financed by helmet sellers.

Xile
13th December 2007, 03:52
some pics to illustrate?

Found this one, really like it :p

Pwalo
13th December 2007, 06:40
some pics to illustrate?

I'm sure your pillion would appreciate that one!

Steam
13th December 2007, 09:06
Can you legally attach stuff to your helmet in NZ? Not hard stuff obviously, that would be dangerous in a crash, but how about foam horns? Or that rubber fish fin? Cool!

WarlockNZ
13th December 2007, 10:07
or a Santa hat, oh wait, i've already done that .. LOL

007XX
13th December 2007, 11:18
Can you legally attach stuff to your helmet in NZ? Not hard stuff obviously, that would be dangerous in a crash, but how about foam horns? Or that rubber fish fin? Cool!

I've seen a few guys with mohawks, which looks ....uummm...interesting I guess, if not very serious.

Also saw one with teddy bear' ears on...Looks really cute! :lol:

deanohit
13th December 2007, 11:43
I've seen a few guys with mohawks, which looks ....uummm...interesting I guess, if not very serious.

Yea, I thought a mohawk on my helmet would be cool seeing as I used to have a mohawk on my head a few years back! :headbang:

What you could do Steam, is to velcro on what ever it is you want as long as it's lightweight.
Or the foam spikes could be cool, silicon glue would hold them with out damaging the helmet.
Hmmmmmmmmm, got me thinking now!

Finn
13th December 2007, 11:46
some pics to illustrate?

Good one. Checking your mirrors at 200+ would result in an unwanted lane change.

007XX
13th December 2007, 11:53
Yea, I thought a mohawk on my helmet would be cool seeing as I used to have a mohawk on my head a few years back! :headbang:

What you could do Steam, is to velcro on what ever it is you want as long as it's lightweight.
Or the foam spikes could be cool, silicon glue would hold them with out damaging the helmet.
Hmmmmmmmmm, got me thinking now!

Oh yes!!! I reckon this one would go with your eyes...:love: :bleh:

deanohit
13th December 2007, 12:23
Oh yes!!! I reckon this one would go with your eyes...:love: :bleh:

This is more my thinking , love the helmet and the bike:

vifferman
13th December 2007, 12:33
This is more my thinking , love the helmet and the bike:
Looks like he's taking a wizz in the second photo.

deanohit
13th December 2007, 12:35
Looks like he's taking a wizz in the second photo.

:laugh:He probably is!

Xile
13th December 2007, 20:40
I'm sure your pillion would appreciate that one!

Nobody wants pillion me..:crybaby:
*going to hide to cry on how hard life is*

Xile
13th December 2007, 20:46
Good one. Checking your mirrors at 200+ would result in an unwanted lane change.

haha good point!
Could help Harley riders with handlebars up 2 meters from the ground to turn more easily probably :p