PDA

View Full Version : little, old and beautiful (just joking)

ResidentAngel
3rd November 2004, 15:12
Hello everyone. I've been riding for a while now and I own an old beat up Honda VF1000F. I started riding on an old Jawa 125, second bike was an Ariel Arrow that had been used for sand racing without an airfilter, and then a Jawa 250, and 350 twin. Then I did more than 100,000 miles on a Suzuki T500. I crashed the Le Mans 850 under a bus, and broke my thumb, and drove a cage for a while, until I bought the VF and an FZR750. The FZR was stolen and burnt (sighs), and the VF rebuilt (not intentionally!). Now I hanker after a Vmax, because it has more herbies than my VF, and I've found I like HEAVY for long trips.

I've been reading over Hanabelle's shoulder for a while, and decided that I wanted to read the posts sometimes myself. Hanabelle has indicated that my life hangs in the balance if I say anything naughty or abstruse. :blank:

Blakamin
3rd November 2004, 15:16
Hanabelle has indicated that my life hangs in the balance if I say anything naughty or abstruse. :blank:
If ya dont say anything like that, ya might not fit in!!!! :lol:

Welcome!.... and as usual, I wanna see bike photos!

Hitcher
3rd November 2004, 15:24
Welcome to our gargre. You will find that it is particularly abstruse!

wari
3rd November 2004, 15:53
G'idday mate ...

YOu'll be needin' oneof these ... ==> :moon:

DOnt sharet with HAna .. she's gott her owne one ... :yeah:

Jackrat
3rd November 2004, 17:35
T500 huh!!
You and I are going to get on well.
I had 5-6 of them plus a small class house full of parts,frames,tanks,seats,motors, ect ect.
Anybody that reckons Jap bikes don't have character never rode a T500.
Cheers an welcome aboard.

Joni
3rd November 2004, 17:37
Hello and welcome to the madhouse... :spudwave:

introductions....
I talk crap...
Warri shows bumms...
a couple of KB'ers whore around on the site...
Zed preeches...
MR and TS ride too fast....

blah blah blah

Have fun!!

NC
3rd November 2004, 17:41

introductions....
I talk crap...
Warri shows bumms...
Zed preeches...

blah blah blah

Have fun!!
:shit:

I talk more crap than you!

Look I'm almost a whore :D

I know that this is the only time in my life that I'd be sweet being called a whore :shifty:

NC
3rd November 2004, 17:43
And WELCOME

Hehe have fun :D

Ms Piggy
3rd November 2004, 17:43
Hanabelle has indicated that my life hangs in the balance if I say anything naughty or abstruse. :blank:
Would that be b/c of Hanabelle or us!? ;)

Welcome along :2thumbsup great to have ya.

Her_C4
3rd November 2004, 17:45
Hiya Resident Angel :blink:

Welcome to the house of madness :devil2:

Anything that makes us think is a good thing <_< - so be as abstruse as you care to be...

Not naughty?? Well why should you be different than everyone else?? :laugh:

Cheers :spudbooge

Joni
3rd November 2004, 17:45

Look I'm almost a whore :D

I know that this is the only time in my life that I'd be sweet being called a whore :shifty:

Yeah you are coming along nicely aren't ya!!? :doobey: :banana:

aff-man
3rd November 2004, 17:50
yes welcome to the eternal source of amusement known as kiwibiker.co.nz. :laugh: :laugh:

P.s. there are some great lads and lasses on here so have fun :blink: :eek5: :devil2:

ResidentAngel
3rd November 2004, 20:51
Thank you all for your kind welcomes.

Jackrat - its a long time ago now, but I think it was a '71 TR500. Certainly it was the long wheel base version, cause you could carefully do two wheel slides on every corner from Auckland to Hamilton on it. The engine eventually ended up in a Yammy 250 frame (yup -it fitted with the loss of a few cooling fins, and some careful use of a crowbar) and one of Ken Macintosh's exhaust system's, and then it would wheelie very nicely indeed. Funny things happened to the front tyre tho - it kinda got very V'shaped! When I sold it, the potential purchasers were squabbling over the TZ750 4_leading shoe front brake ... the rest of the bike might as well have not existed, but by then the engine had done something like 200,000 miles, and was getting a little tired. I can also remember being forever being stopped on the motorway by the nice men wearing white helmets, who kept on telling me that my nice clean number plate was actually in actual fact quite dirty. It took a quiet complaint to the system about that particular problem before it went away.

Celtic_Sea_Lili - um ...I was "warned" .. but I think it was to be "very GOOD", because I am known to run off at the mouth when the hormones get away on me ... and hb didna want me to ruin her reputation!

NC30 - nice to meet you too!

LB
4th November 2004, 04:48
Welcome to KB ResidentAngel.

Ah, T500's....with the kickstart on the other side.......

SPman
4th November 2004, 05:46

Fair enough :devil2:

magnum
10th November 2004, 21:39
hello and welcome in :ride:

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 12:49
Hello everyone. I've been riding for a while now and I own an old beat up Honda VF1000F. I started riding on an old Jawa 125, second bike was an Ariel Arrow that had been used for sand racing without an airfilter, and then a Jawa 250, and 350 twin. Then I did more than 100,000 miles on a Suzuki T500. I crashed the Le Mans 850 under a bus, and broke my thumb, and drove a cage for a while, until I bought the VF and an FZR750. The FZR was stolen and burnt (sighs), and the VF rebuilt (not intentionally!). Now I hanker after a Vmax, because it has more herbies than my VF, and I've found I like HEAVY for long trips.

I've been reading over Hanabelle's shoulder for a while, and decided that I wanted to read the posts sometimes myself. Hanabelle has indicated that my life hangs in the balance if I say anything naughty or abstruse. :blank:

I'd not worry about it too much as as I've found theree is allways at least one who dont like what is being said, but thats life. :moon:

riffer
2nd December 2004, 19:48
I'd not worry about it too much as as I've found theree is allways at least one who dont like what is being said, but thats life. :moon:
Gee nice work Honda. Drag up a three-week old thread, then kill it with one sentence. :wacko:

Welcome to KB Resident Angel, but then you've been here nearly a month now.

You've had some cool bikes in the past there. I had the pleasure of taking a 1971 T500 over Wainuiomata hill when I was 18 - one of the singular most exciting and scary things I've done on a motorcycle.

And the FZR750 - Yamaha's first decent attempt at a 750 Superbike. It's legacy lives on 17 years later in the R1 - I love mine - when its going well ;) - which it is at the moment (well mostly...)

As for the VF1000F I took one for a test ride when they first came out - a great bike at the time - how is it holding up after this many K's?

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 08:22

introductions....
I talk crap...
Warri shows bumms...
Zed preeches...

blah blah blah

Have fun!!

What about me?? :doh: :lol:
:stupid:

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 08:23
Honda :tugger: