PDA

View Full Version : www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz Track day Pukekohe December 23rd

Keystone19
13th December 2007, 08:06
Kiwitrackdays is holding another of their excellent track days on Sunday December 23rd. What better way to spend the second to last day before Christmas at the track.

Steve runs an excellent day, very relaxed with heaps of track time. So, get your Christmas shopping done early and treat yourself to a track day.

montsta56
13th December 2007, 08:47
Sweet I plan on being there:banana:

HDTboy
13th December 2007, 09:11
There's a yellow gixxer begging me to ride it

Keystone19
13th December 2007, 12:38
There's a yellow gixxer begging me to ride it

Really? Where?

BIGBOSSMAN
16th December 2007, 19:37
Yay! Booked, surely this can't be taken away from me - can it?

ArcherWC
17th December 2007, 06:47
im there too

HDTboy
17th December 2007, 09:07
Really? Where?

In your garage, it's sick of being ridden by a girl

Two Smoker
17th December 2007, 19:13
In your garage, it's sick of being ridden by a girl

Have you been riding it gav??? Oh whoops, BY a girl... Not LIKE a girl... Im signing up now...

Sanx
20th December 2007, 17:02
I'm there... fingers crossed for some :sunny:

owner
22nd December 2007, 05:46
yeah why, not its Xmas c u there

boomer
22nd December 2007, 15:44
foookin neeeeow

owner
22nd December 2007, 16:02
can you trade any in?.. for track day funds?

boomer
22nd December 2007, 17:35
I'll be there and i think the Mrs is bringing the kids ( depends if Murrays Mrs is going )

Should be a good 'en.

I'm gonna pack the car with kai and we can have a picnic and occasionally go out to practice wheelies .,. oh and see if i can top out on the back straight. And i'll get to see what the shocks like on the track too.!!!!

The wheelie practice should give the sex undies enough time to catch up :lol:

meh meh... 'kin neeeeeow

Chris.. if u get a decent trade let me know.. i've got 3 ready to go!

cowpoos
22nd December 2007, 18:04
I'll be there and i think the Mrs is bringing the kids ( depends if Murrays Mrs is going )

Should be a good 'en.

I'm gonna pack the car with kai and we can have a picnic and occasionally go out to practice wheelies .,. oh and see if i can top out on the back straight. And i'll get to see what the shocks like on the track too.!!!!

The wheelie practice should give the sex undies enough time to catch up :lol:

meh meh... 'kin neeeeeow

Chris.. if u get a decent trade let me know.. i've got 3 ready to go!
sweet...I'll bring my leathers then!!

boomer
22nd December 2007, 18:20
sweet...I'll bring my leathers then!!

you want me to drag you along attached to a bungee?

cowpoos
22nd December 2007, 19:00
yep!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usarka
22nd December 2007, 20:11
I've oviously had too many kavas and sols to work out how to book anything other than Jan 20 which is shit cause i wont have recoverd from the big day out.

have a blast :Pokey: :scooter:

Usarka
22nd December 2007, 20:24
CLICK ME! (http://www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz/index.php?option=com_attend_events&task=view&id=26)

It says sunday 20th jan...... you been stealin my stash?

RC1
22nd December 2007, 20:32
LOL...I need to put down this bourbon!

now your just being silly

boomer
23rd December 2007, 18:24
Meh meh...... Fookin Ebay...... AGAIN !?

owner
23rd December 2007, 18:28
primo day, fooookeennn neoow. Cheers for the brews boomhauer!
couldnt have made it home without them

montsta56
23rd December 2007, 18:37
:clap::2thumbsup:eek:Wicked wicked day!!! First time round Pukie, LOved it, so fast. was a bit shocked by how much more gas the little 400 used compared to Taupo.... Quite a few bins to. Roll on the 20th??

Sanx
23rd December 2007, 18:40
Fuckin' GREAT day. Highlights included not getting overtaken by any of the usual crowd, a great fight with a SuperDuke, putting a hole in TwoSmoker's fairing and someone timing me at 1:08 (cheers, Dan!). And thanks Tom for letting me have spin on your GSX-R750. I hate to say it, it being a Suzuki and all, but it was a damn good bike.

Oh, and Boomer: Fookin' neeeeow!

boomer
23rd December 2007, 19:07
Indeedy.

Great to catch up with one and all. I met a few new names and faces and had the pleasure of finally meeting Mr Taylor. ( who was very busy tending to NZ's one and own.. *nice pitting Poos ;) )

Started of slow, got gradually less slow and finally got round in a pedestrian fashion. The rear shock showed the weakness in the front forks; the rear is so stable and gets better the fast you go!! so.. maybe an easter present for me :wari:

Logan backin it in.. albeit in a straight line.
The slicing and dicing i saw ( some i chuckled at ..some i inhaled deeply )
the fun and games i had with a few familiar faces and by the end of the day i started to block my lines; preventing easy passage!.. so the buggers that got past either deserved it or did so in traffic ;)

WHAT A BLAST ...

Nice work, Steve and the boys and girls at KiwiTrackdays!!!

Merry Christmas one and all and SUNNY SIDE UP !:beer:

cowpoos
23rd December 2007, 19:45
pleasure of finally meeting Mr Taylor. ( who was very busy tending to NZ's one and own.. *nice pitting Poos ;) ) [/I]

I wasn't pitting dude...I was bitching...and probally the best spot on the track for learning...between robert,denis and andrew...it was a interesting and very benificial day...dispite the fact I was there primarily to help andrew with the bikes,etc...lernt more today that I think I'ld learnt in half a doz race meets easy!!!!

BTW boomer...your bike is fooookin neoooooow loud!!!

RC1
23rd December 2007, 21:27
[QUOTE=Sanx;1353064] great fight with a SuperDuke, /QUOTE]

that would be DMNTD?

GIXser
23rd December 2007, 21:28
$2500 rear ohlins
$1200 race fit Growler
$1000 power commander

overtaken by Sanxie on a honda......

PRICELESS

cowpoos
23rd December 2007, 21:52
Bloody good day out on me trail bike even though I was getting eaten up by the in line thou's on the straights :laugh:
My bike is definitely more suited to the Taupo track
I got the bug...:shifty:
how bad you got the bug bro?? I got a race bike forsale chris!!!

cowpoos
23rd December 2007, 22:15
My bike is my race bike! Goes all right for a chook chaser....well in the corners anyway :eek:
really??? wanna race??

erik
23rd December 2007, 22:18
I had a good day.

I didn't enjoy the first session much, the track felt dangerous and boring, 2 long straight-ish bits with a couple of corners in between which didn't feel like they flowed nicely like taupo, plus the lack of run-off at the corner on to the back straight and over the hill onto the front straight.

But as the day went on I got used to the track, figured out what line to take and started getting faster. The Jennian homes sweeper was interesting. I'd heard that the outside line was bumpy, I never actually tried it. The outside of the track looked like it had a fair bit of gravel and crap on it.
But if I had the balls I could probably have taken that turn at full speed on my bike. I don't know what would have happened if I'd drifted wide, I should have really tried taking a wider line at a slower speed first just to see what it was like.

By the end of the day I was getting my knee down on castrol corner and at the hairpin. The sport demons were looking pretty chewed up which I was pleased with.

The proximity of the armco at castrol corner wasn't bothering me so much, but the barriers on the right side of the track after the 2nd left hander after the hairpin, then the lack of run off on the turn over the hill kept me thinking "shit I really don't want to fall off here".

It was nice being able to ride to and from the track in an hour or so, but I much prefer the track at taupo to pukekohe.

Roll on Hampton Downs!

Sanx
23rd December 2007, 22:24
Nah mate,it was some dude that REALLY knew his bike and the track...he was FLYING! :2thumbsup

He certainly was moving some. We were pretty evenly matched through the twisty bits. He was a lot better at getting through traffic, but I could out-brake him and monster him in a straight line.

$2500 rear ohlins
$1200 race fit Growler
$1000 power commander

PRICELESS

Be fair. I only overtook him once on the Honda. The other time was on Tom's stock GSX-R750; the first time I'd ever ridden one.

By the way, you forgot the dyno-time, Brembo rotors and Pazzo Racing levers.

boomer
24th December 2007, 05:57
Be fair. I only overtook him once on the Honda. The other time was on Tom's stock GSX-R750; the first time I'd ever ridden one.

By the way, you forgot the dyno-time, Brembo rotors and Pazzo Racing levers.

$2500 rear ohlins
$1200 race fit Growler
$1000 power commander

PRICELESS

$2200 rear ohlins
$400 race fit Growler
$250 power commander

Remember, I didn't get my gears from you bro... :p

ahahah I can see it now, Dan comes into the pitts.. STOKED he's gone past boomer.. jumping up and own; rejoicing and telling one and all.

I went past Stroudy; does that mean i gave him the learn too?

White trash
24th December 2007, 06:48
Was indeed a nice day yesterday. Thanks for all the company guys.

Unfortunately, Sue and I were just beginning to get a grasp of the bikes handling problem and were laping with Stroud, when coming over the hill I tried to round up three road riders 'round the outside. The rear rider either had a moment or stood up to give some room and it was either bounce off some poor buggers shiney road bike or stand it up myself. Grass comes up pretty quick out there. Managed to get the thing sort of heading down the straight before I ditched it at around 180-200. Fucker!

Sorry for causing a red flag guys :(

A note if the awesome crew from Kiwi Trackdays read this, it may pay to have a marshal on the hill point in future. Could have been a little freaky for some of those dudes comin over the hill and seeing my bike parked in the track.

boomer
24th December 2007, 06:56
On a more serious note; there seems to be a lot of red mist in the air and people are timing sessions, pulling race maneuvers and generally treating the day like a race.

It's all good fun but i did cringe at quite a few maneuvers on slower riders.

My message..?? be a little more understanding of others on the track.

White trash
24th December 2007, 06:59
Sorry Boomer. Didn't mean to get in your way. Wont happen again.

White trash
24th December 2007, 07:00
I went past Stroudy; does that mean i gave him the learn too?

Sure does.

boomer
24th December 2007, 07:08
Sorry Boomer. Didn't mean to get in your way. Wont happen again.

no worries bro; hopefully you've seen the error of your ways, that trying to keep up with me will only result in you falling of! we live and learn Trashie.. we live and learn!!

GIXser
24th December 2007, 07:22
$2200 rear ohlins
$400 race fit Growler
$250 power commander

Remember, I didn't get my gears from you bro... :p

[I [/B]

what jas failed to tell ya ......the power commander was for a Gn 250"!!

mate looking forward to you racing next year, :2thumbsup youre gonna luv it bro:)

boomer
24th December 2007, 07:24
what jas failed to tell ya ......the power commander was for a Gn 250"!!

mate looking forward to you racing next year, :2thumbsup youre gonna luv it bro:)

:rofl: ahahhahah

owner
24th December 2007, 07:50
race maneuvers aye, ya foorker!!:Punk:
I kinda felt like I was to slow/inexperienced to be in the fast group ,but that
medium group was facked up
That was the first time I had riden without mirrors
I found my self turning around after castrol to check how many thous were gunna mo me down on the straight (sorry bout that WT).
As for the rest of the track it was way better without mirrors, when I taped them up I would still use them . Yesterday I found I dont need them at all
If I dont use mirrors I can consintrate more on holding my line which is bloody hard, and I still need to work on that
Big bummer about the offs and engines going kaput and the lack of somewhere to buy a drink of water. At least it was:sunny:
Whens the next one....

DMNTD
24th December 2007, 08:10
really??? wanna race??

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYxNMFbgLEM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYxNMFbgLEM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HDTboy
24th December 2007, 08:15
On a more serious note; there seems to be a lot of red mist in the air and people are timing sessions, pulling race maneuvers and generally treating the day like a race.

Win or bin!
Better be fast next time you go out in the fast group boomer

boomer
24th December 2007, 08:20
Win or bin!
Better be fast next time you go out in the fast group boomer

Roger that.. i thought looking the part would suffice.. i was dearly mistaken :crybaby:

bwahahhaha i gotta throw my bike down the track on the first session next time if i wanna stay in the fast group ... like what you do Gav? :girlfight:

hehehehe

boomer
24th December 2007, 08:21
race maneuvers aye, ya foorker!!:Punk:
I kinda felt like I was to slow/inexperienced to be in the fast group ,but that
medium group was facked up
That was the first time I had riden without mirrors
I found my self turning around after castrol to check how many thous were gunna mo me down on the straight (sorry bout that WT).
As for the rest of the track it was way better without mirrors, when I taped them up I would still use them . Yesterday I found I dont need them at all
If I dont use mirrors I can consintrate more on holding my line which is bloody hard, and I still need to work on that
Big bummer about the offs and engines going kaput and the lack of somewhere to buy a drink of water. At least it was:sunny:
Whens the next one....

meh meh......

that'll learn yas!

Unit
24th December 2007, 08:50
Well sounds like I missed a great day, again. Im going to sit down and mark all the upcoming meets on next years calandar so as I dont miss out anymore. Mostly Im just happy to come watch and support the KTM onto the track. But would be good for my riding to get 14 out there now and then too.
Glad you guys had a great day, I know Chris has got the bug for the track now, bring on a new phase in our motorcycling yeeeeha :2thumbsup

enigma51
24th December 2007, 09:17
awesome day. After the second session I had to re adjust my "riding" espically after a little incident in the hairpin when three bikes was fighting for the lead.

Had a good duel with about 4 guys and a R1 its my first time where I was swapping places with people 3 or 4 times down the front straight. Overall everything was pretty safe so dont have to many complaints. Im happy i was in the fast group rather than the meduim. Boomer and me was out with the meduim group after trashies fall (dnf dont count that means I won) and all i can say is lots and lots of traffic and some serious wanna be rossi's. (Says he who was trying to back it in).

I mannage to accomplish one of the two things i set out for the day. How fast is the 750. Well I got 292 on the dash in 6 Thanks for the slip stream boomer.

the other one is work in progress

GMGirl
24th December 2007, 09:50
This was my first Kiwi Track Day and it was awesome... as the day went on, I got better cornering and a lot faster (by my standards anyways) I revved the SV out a little more each lap but still lots of guys wizzing by on the straights on their GSXR1000s and CBR1000s and even a few passing on the inside corners which I thought was a no no in the slow group but oh well what can you do but keep outa their way. A few hairy moments coming up behind slower riders on corners but soon worked out which ones they were and kept my distance then made the pass on the straights... always nice to have a clear track in front of you (well it is for me). Just wanted to say a big thanks to Steve and the Kiwi Track Day helpers and to the other riders too. Look forward to the next one :rockon:

enigma51
24th December 2007, 10:38
bwahahhaha i gotta throw my bike down the track on the first session next time if i wanna stay in the fast group ... like what you do Gav? :girlfight:

hehehehe

Its to shed of extra weight

boomer
24th December 2007, 10:49
Oh Yeah...I nearly forgot; Cheers Logan! I saw 299 on the clock whilst getting drafted by a 7fiddy. A first for me and that bike!

slopster
24th December 2007, 17:43
I thought the organisers could have at least swept the track prior to starting. The Jennian corner and also the left hander coming over the hill to the starting grid both had quite a bit of shit on the outside of the corners even at the start of the day. Not on the racing line admitidly but if you went too quick and ran wide you would be in all kinds of trouble as I saw someone do luckily he stayed upright after his off road excursion on the jennian corner. Also when they put kitty litter on the oil at the hairpin I would have thought they would let the oil soak up then sweep it off instead of letting a session out with kitty litter everywhere. Other then that was a good day.

HDTboy
24th December 2007, 17:49
Roger that.. i thought looking the part would suffice.. i was dearly mistaken :crybaby:

hehehehe

I don't think I've ever thrown a bike at a trackday Boomer. Have you?

boomer
24th December 2007, 18:01
I don't think I've ever thrown a bike at a trackday Boomer. Have you?

look at the time.. those all blacks look good bro.. huh !

ka pai :whistle:

HDTboy
24th December 2007, 18:03
Fuck Rugby!

boomer
24th December 2007, 18:06
Fuck Rugby!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBx-JazBX7E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBx-JazBX7E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

saul
24th December 2007, 18:25
Hey sounds like I should have been out there with you boomer, as the back markers in the fast group. lol

Its an important position.:innocent::yes:

Merry Christmas Auckland type dudes lol:sunny::rockon:

Leong
24th December 2007, 20:43
Awesome day at the track - even for me who only did two sessions. Great to see such a big turnout for one of Steve's days.

About 10 minutes into the first session it seems like there's a light sun shower at Jennian. Then I think there's something leaking out of the bike in front. I pass him and its still showering, but its the end of session. Return to the pits to see water pissing out the front of my bike. Temperature at this stage 105. Got some Bars Leaks Radiator Stop Leak from the local Mobil and this seemed to work well, but missed the second session. Only took about 300ml water to refill. Third session went well till about 10 minutes in going thru the kink, engine lost power, checked temperature - 97,surged a little (panic!!) then rattly sounds approaching the hairpin and engine stalled. Parked in a safe spot and got a ride back to the pits with one on the kiwitrackdays guys on a KTM. Lunch time next and they haven't recovered my bike so Steve lets me out on the track with my car/trailer to recover it myself. Driving round at 50km/h I notice the huge amount of marbles on the outside half of the track at Jennian especially - wouldn't like to be forced wide there!! Get the bike back to the pits, pack up and decided it was too nice a day to go home.

Compared to Taupo and Manfeild, the Pukekohe pits is pretty awful to spectate from, especially now that you cant go above the covered pits. So off I go to the esses after the hairpin and enjoyed the rest of the day watching the others having fun. Especially good to watch was ArcherWC, Boomer and enigma5.... battling, though frustrating that I could not see what happened down the straights!!! I've monstered Archer down the straight so can only imagine what Boomer would have done to him every lap - so credit to the 636 man!! Very hard to tell who's who on the black Hondas - Sanxie and owner. There were a few guys with video cameras out there but I'd forgotten mine - (lucky I hadn't forgotten to bring water and lunch).

So today I spent the day taking the bike down to Shaun for an engine rebuild. Hopefully it'll come back better than ever! Popped in to Crown Kiwi just in case they're open to see if I could try on a different sized bionic jacket. Theyre closed but Robert Taylor answers the door, greets me by name, gets Shane to attend to me, then shows me around his new workshop - including the new Ohlins fork internals that would fit my bike. Awesome service... And yes I leave with a new bionic jacket!!. When asked whether we're staying for the Wanganui races I briefly consider it, then reality strikes - Its Christmas Eve and we've left the kids with my Mum to avoid the "are we there yet?" that 8 hours straight in the car would inevitably bring.....

HDTboy
24th December 2007, 21:32
Hope you get your engine sorted quick man.
DR-Z?

GIXser
25th December 2007, 07:00

moaning fucken pomm's

boomer
25th December 2007, 10:47
moaning fucken pomm's

indeed; but if some fookah had hit me on my road bike they'd be getting knocked up for payment or knocked out ;)

whiiiiiine over .. coont :p Merry xmas :headbang:

HDTboy
25th December 2007, 16:13
That's the rsk you take with a road bike in the fast group