PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? I am new and can u give me any advises?

nickchin1308
13th December 2007, 20:41
Hey guys.. I am new to this forum and I am just 13. My dad just bought me a 49cc 2 stroke air cooled pocket bike for $240 on trademe and I have a hole on my exhaust pipe because the 'frame thingy' that holds the exhaust up has snapped off and I think it needs to be welded. Do anybody know where the welding/exhaust pipe shop is closest to Sunnynook North Shore Auckland and do u all know where I can ride it because i been riding on the local parks, roads and footpaths and the cop :Police: has gave me a warning that i cant ride it on the roads or footpaths so where can i ride it....

Thanks.

sunhuntin
13th December 2007, 20:46
if the broken frame makes the bike unsafe, id return to seller.]

you can ride in parks, on your own property, places like that. footpaths and roads are places where you could either hurt someone else, or be hurt yourself.

skidMark
13th December 2007, 20:49
Hey guys.. I am new to this forum and I am just 13. My dad just bought me a 49cc 2 stroke air cooled pocket bike for $240 on trademe and I have a hole on my exhaust pipe because the 'frame thingy' that holds the exhaust up has snapped off and I think it needs to be welded. Do anybody know where the welding/exhaust pipe shop is closest to Sunnynook North Shore Auckland and do u all know where I can ride it because i been riding on the local parks, roads and footpaths and the cop :Police: has gave me a warning that i cant ride it on the roads or footpaths so where can i ride it....

Thanks.

they are really only for racing and it is illegal to use them on the footpath. and road....not to mention dangerous.

but heck use it anyways....but stay off roads. go slow on footpath on your way to carparks etc..... shopping centre carparks after hours can be good.

in regard to your exhaust problem, it's veyr common, and if you put up a thread here asking for welding somebody will probably help you out.

first thing you need to do to the bike is get ya dad to check every bolt is tight on the bike. do a full check as they are assembled crap.

Cheers: Mark

daytona 2
13th December 2007, 20:54
hi im also 13 and i hav had my share of shit chinese pocket bikes so i bought a polini to fix the problem, still those air cooled ones are just plastic glued together by 8 year old girls. most people race at mt wellington you should come this saturday {15th december} and chech it out you might even be lucky enough to get a race on someones bike:Punk:

skidMark
13th December 2007, 20:55
most people race at mt wellington you should come this saturday {15th december} and chech it out you might even be lucky enough to get a race on someones bike:Punk:

what he said.... lol

nickchin1308
13th December 2007, 21:04
Yea.. ur right I probably go slow on the footpaths but the thing is that since my exhaust is got a small hole it is quite loud and it may attract quite some attention... i already did all the tightening oon the screws and bolts and those are fine it just the exhaust..

sunhuntin
13th December 2007, 21:13
footpaths are mainly for foot traffic. even kids on push bikes and skate boards can cause a nasty injury if they run into someone, specially if that someone is elderly [could result in a long hospital stay or worse]

how long have you had the bike? im still on the idea that the seller should replace or refund.

nickchin1308
13th December 2007, 21:19
I had the bike for 2 1/2 months now...but the seller already replaced the fuel line tap for me for free even know I made the tap broke anyway the exhaust pipe I think it is my fault because it only happened after like 1 month of my puchase

daytona 2
13th December 2007, 21:22
if i was you i would just race it once a month at mt welly then it will go sweet cos they like to be thrashed and dont like being used much

nickchin1308
13th December 2007, 21:24
oh nice...great to have somebody my age that rides a pocketbike not many ppl i know ride it around this age...which part of auckland do u live?..maybe we can meet up sometime

daytona 2
13th December 2007, 21:32
i live in mt eden in the central city come to mt wellington this saturday and we can met up and we can race our bikes

imdying
14th December 2007, 12:14
Watch out for 4WDs, they might not see you all the way down there on the footpath! Join a club, I imagine racing must be the best way to have fun... heaps of them together making a racket and getting ya knees down!

007XX
14th December 2007, 12:21

Thanks.

Is there any chance you might be able to post a picture of the hole, and a rough indication of the size of it?

My hubby and I are on the North Shore, and we may be able to help with the welding, depending on what's involved. He's a fitter and turner, so he'll know how to do it properly.

And definitely stay off the footpath, the cops are pretty antsy around Christmas, so not the right time to be doing the wrong thing...

klingon
14th December 2007, 12:41
Another thought about places to practise: Shopping centres are open really long hours at this time of year so finding an empty carpark might be hard. But Universities etc are winding down for the year so there might be a campus near you that has good places to ride. Or on the weekends, car parks near office buildings.

nickchin1308
16th December 2007, 19:14
hey i want to come but i dont know anybody there n i jus turn up it will be kinda ankward if i just so can anybody tell me how the procedures...

daytona 2
16th December 2007, 20:30
you missed it but cum to the next one and dont worry everybody is freindly there, and if i see you ill tell you wats happening and when the racings are ect ill inform you when the next one is.:soon:

nickchin1308
16th December 2007, 20:56
oh kk...all u guys bikes r all hardout polini's and fast ones..mine is jus a cheap chinese pocketbike...i will lose in all the races..

sunhuntin
16th December 2007, 21:13
nick... doesnt matter if you lose the race, or come in first. youll be gaining experience to maybe race bigger bikes when you get older... who knows? maybe well be seeing you on tv!

so long as you have fun and make some new friends, who cares what happens in a race? i went to one race at manfield, where the guy i was watching couldnt get his bike started. i dont think he even got to race, but he still had a great day. and thats the main thing.

nickchin1308
16th December 2007, 21:23
well thats great i went to mt wellington today and saw adults raing thier thier buckets n motards it was all so cool. Such a happy and friendly enviroment...

daytona 2
16th December 2007, 21:26
lots of people hav ur bike even i had your bike for ages its gud to start on a bike that isnt too fast so you can get the hang of it. and you wont get thrashed cos lots of people hav ur bike besides the b1 its the most popular bike out on the track.:niceone:

Grub
16th December 2007, 21:28
still those air cooled ones are just plastic glued together by 8 year old girls.

Do 12 year old girls boil down to constitute a stronger glue or should I use older than that?

[Sorry, I had to, I just had to]

daytona 2
16th December 2007, 21:31
dono you will hav to ask them

dirtybomb
17th December 2007, 08:21
I belive younger the better, softer bones = stickier glue.

Coyote
17th December 2007, 08:36
hi im also 13 and i hav had my share of shit chinese pocket bikes so i bought a polini to fix the problem, still those air cooled ones are just plastic glued together by 8 year old girls. most people race at mt wellington you should come this saturday {15th december} and chech it out you might even be lucky enough to get a race on someones bike:Punk:
Hey! My little daytona's are awesome! They're not all plastic, they have some metal in them...

Kaitoke cart track isn't very far from my place and I'm keen to go racing there. But since I can't afford that, it just gets used as a hoon machine for my mates and I at the riverbank :p

daytona 2
17th December 2007, 09:34
but when u race them their not that competitve lack much needed power.

Gadgit
17th December 2007, 18:08
Dont put the old daytonas down to much there lol they are a very strong class in the NZ series... Places like Mt welly race all the bikes at once because if they run the classes there wouldn't be enought time with the bucket races and scooter races in between but the NZ series runs the mini motos only on the track and there is now 10 different classes.. Junior A, Jun B, Jun mod, Jun open, Proddy Std, Proddy Mod, Senior 14, Sen 19, Sen Euro (proposed class ATM) and Open class
5 of those classes are for the daytona bikes.

daytona 2
17th December 2007, 18:35
daytonas are good value for money and are a good speed for beginners