PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday 15th December

ital916
14th December 2007, 16:11
Ride. Saturday midday at twelve, meet in front of uni gym. Head out to sh16 and cruise for a while? I'm keen, breakaway is down. Learner friendly but all are welcome. If enough bikers show can split into two groups, one to go ahead at the faster pace and one to go slow with the noobs lol. Soooo who's keen? I'm getting my indicators installed at nine am tomorrow morning *yay they finally arrived*. You down jafa? Ragingrob you keen to join and do some raging round some backroads lol and yeah i can't think of any more lame puns.

Drider

EJK
14th December 2007, 16:42
Have fun :yes:

ital916
14th December 2007, 16:45
If anyone comes that is ej :p whats the haps with your bike...getting a new one or getting it fixed.

EJK
14th December 2007, 16:46
No idea atm lol

I posted the Claim Form yesturday. I wrote "N.Y.A" where it should be the estimated repair price....

Why? well.... its because Red Baron is..... you know ;)

ital916
14th December 2007, 17:14
A buch of lazy's lol yeah have heard about the rep. Just get a new bike a rgv250 then you can ride to your ability, like a moto gp racer lol

Ragingrob
14th December 2007, 17:35
Yeah could be keen ay, so which one's sh16 again?

Ragingrob
14th December 2007, 19:58
Yeah alright I'll be there! 021 152 3159

ital916
14th December 2007, 21:38
sweet as dude..um it's the one out westgate way, i don' actually know really but ill bring a map and my tank bag so we don't get lost, heres hoping more people turn up aye, enjoy the weather guys, come ride lol

Squiggles
14th December 2007, 21:40
I may come to watch you all (make sure your bikes & gear are up to it :2guns: )

ital916
14th December 2007, 22:37
That would be awesome squiggles, i can pick up some pointers. Anyway sleeep time me thinks. :sleep:

Ragingrob
15th December 2007, 07:55
Any chance of a weather update in there? It's started to rain out this way...

Mom
15th December 2007, 07:58
Not raining up here in sunny Warkworth mate, you will be sweet!

Cr1MiNaL
15th December 2007, 08:58
might come out 4 a cane...

Cr1MiNaL
15th December 2007, 14:11
Ride. Saturday midday at twelve, meet in front of uni gym. Head out to sh16 and cruise for a while? I'm keen, breakaway is down. Learner friendly but all are welcome. If enough bikers show can split into two groups, one to go ahead at the faster pace and one to go slow with the noobs lol. Soooo who's keen? I'm getting my indicators installed at nine am tomorrow morning *yay they finally arrived*. You down jafa? Ragingrob you keen to join and do some raging round some backroads lol and yeah i can't think of any more lame puns.

Drider

What a fukin load of bollocks ... I was there noone came the gym was deserted... Meh.:angry2: had a nice ride with some real bikes instead ( a blade and a gixer thou).

motorbyclist
15th December 2007, 15:13
what happened guys?

Squiggles
15th December 2007, 15:36
we were outside the gym and left @ 12:20ish i think :Pokey: Just had a coffee with isaac and mei afterwards, and now im home :)

Cr1MiNaL
15th December 2007, 15:38
LIES. there was noone there at 12.10

motorbyclist
15th December 2007, 15:50
LIES. there was noone there at 12.10

were you outside the gym or up the hill and across the road at the architecture school? - there seems to be confusion about what "outside the gym" means

Squiggles
15th December 2007, 16:06
were you outside the gym or up the hill and across the road at the architecture school? - there seems to be confusion about what "outside the gym" means

Outside the gym outside the gym, next to kate edgar :wari:

ital916
15th December 2007, 16:30
I think you were at the wrong place r6forlife lol Rob was already there an di followed isaac in at twelve, amit popped in just after us and then stephen. You couldn't have missed a jolly group of guys like us! We left at twelve forty cos i checked the time. You can't miss stephens neon orange tl :p Was a great ride! I learnt a lot about cornering and my confidence with corners is growing, in fact i'm positively loving corners...feels good when you get a good line and can flow through the corner. :D

HungusMaximist
15th December 2007, 16:39
I think you were at the wrong place r6forlife lol Rob was already there an di followed isaac in at twelve, amit popped in just after us and then stephen. You couldn't have missed a jolly group of guys like us! We left at twelve forty cos i checked the time. You can't miss stephens neon orange tl :p Was a great ride! I learnt a lot about cornering and my confidence with corners is growing, in fact i'm positively loving corners...feels good when you get a good line and can flow through the corner. :D

You'll be whipping our arses in no time aye.... !

Squiggles
15th December 2007, 17:25
I learnt a lot about cornering and my confidence with corners is growing, in fact i'm positively loving corners...feels good when you get a good line and can flow through the corner. :D

It's always good to go at your own pace and get that cornering nice and smooth. Could see you and Rob getting smoother and smoother at it as we went, Rob had a couple of moments of unsureness but stuck to the advice given (started to stand up when a tight left hander went further than he expected, but then leant back over and kept going) Pace started to quicken a bit near the end.

Ragingrob
15th December 2007, 18:02
It's always good to go at your own pace and get that cornering nice and smooth. Could see you and Rob getting smoother and smoother at it as we went, Rob had a couple of moments of unsureness but stuck to the advice given (started to stand up when a tight left hander went further than he expected, but then leant back over and kept going) Pace started to quicken a bit near the end.

Yeah cheers for today everyone it was exactly the practice I need, haven't done many twisties and I think I was making it hard for myself on my bike by picking bad lines and not flowing through the corner. By end I'd noticed a good difference in my cornering and was happy with myself, although I was pretty exhausted and had a sore upper half, gotta HTFU :Punk:.

I think I was a pretty apprehensive with my bike at first on it's ability to hold those corners etc but I realised it's fine as and wouldn't slip out or anything unless I was going nuts.

Will definitely try to make the next one!

Rob.

Macstar
15th December 2007, 20:04
Yah, no bins!