PDA

View Full Version : New Woodhill Bike Park Info

Firefight
4th November 2004, 05:44
:wacko: Hey Girls & Guys as some of you know I am one of the Wardens at the Woodhill Off road motor cycle park which is run by Power adventures.

Some of you have been asking me about the the NEW bike park that is being built, I had been unable to put up any details as it was still under negotaion with Carter Holt.

I am now able to tell you a little bit about it, Construction is well under way we are nearly half way into 11kms of new fencing that is required to keep the are a safe and well definded.The area is slightly smaller than the 1000 acres that the old park is, but the contour of the land will allow greater use, also Greg is trying to get a little bit more land . :sunny:

The new Park is located well away from the beach,In the center of the forest, not that far from the mountain bike park, this will make it a lot more secure , it will have three well constructed car parks(NZ$13,000 metal going into this) :sunny:

We have a devlopment budget of NZ$30,000, of which NZ$9,500 has been eaten up already most spent on building a cool :niceone: 1.2 km Moto X track, which has neat jumps, table top, up hill, down hill, step ups and heaps more.

We will also have a Trials/skills area for people to test there more technical skills, and is a direct result of requests from our small but dedicated group of Trials customers.

The main trails will be more vaired, plenty of hills, and lots of interseting terrain, there is a mixture of young and mature trees, with about 70% older trees the root infrastructure will help to keep the tracks in good nick.
The trails are a mixture of clay/sand/sandstone, and will be great :niceone: .

We still have heaps of work to do, we have a great group of volly helpers who come to our working bee weekends, we still need a lot of gear, we are looking for anyone who may care to help or donate such things as, fence posts,wire, timber for BBQ tables and shelter, shipping containers, Gravel, rock,, earth moving/finishing machinery.

All being well we hope to open the New Park Feb-March.

If you want to know anything more about the new park, or you think you can help in any way, drop me a pm, or contact Greg Power 09 4101498, you may have to leave him a message as he is spending most his time out at the new park.

Firefight (Dave) :wacko:

Kwaka-Kid
9th November 2004, 20:22
so what happens to the old park?! - look FF this was taken in the carpark down the bottom, i was coming down that hill near the toilet part... was a widdle 13 year old.

Firefight
10th November 2004, 04:16
so what happens to the old park?! - look FF this was taken in the carpark down the bottom, i was coming down that hill near the toilet part... was a widdle 13 year old.

hey Logan , cool photo, it just goes to show you can take the boy out of the dirt, but you can't take the dirt outa :first: the boy.

The old park, once closed becomes Carter Holts problem, they will re fence the boundry, close car park and disestablish the tracks, it won't take long for it to turn to shit, cause its sand based the weather will take its toll, also the few illegal riders who sneak in to save a few $$$$$, will find that with out the regular machine work the sand tracks will be hard to ride, normaly :crazy: CH will drop a few trees over tracks, which will discourgae all but a few hardy enduro types, also if caught in the old bike park, Carter Holt Forst patrols :angry2: , can apply to geta two year tresspass notice served on persons caught.

F/F

ps, nice try with Amy, truly a well thought out plan, you just underestimated family loyalty, try again....

Kwaka-Kid
10th November 2004, 04:58
-dont worry im still devising a plan -did you not get the PM on it... hmmm, they always said where theres a will theres a way.

and wicked-fair enuf on blocking old track, i wont go there :)