PDA

View Full Version : Manfeild trackday, Sat. 05/01/08 CDMTC

MD
16th December 2007, 16:09
Just thought I would mention this track day is coming up. After this one there is a bit of a drought for track day opportunities, so don't miss out on the fun.
Central Districts masochists torture club or something? They want to torture us..make us wear floro vests! :eek5:

skelstar
16th December 2007, 18:14
This is usually a fairly cheap one too ain't it? Too hungry to check website (dinner first).

Seems early this year too?

blacksheep
16th December 2007, 18:26
Just thought I would mention this track day is coming up. After this one there is a bit of a drought for track day opportunities, so don't miss out on the fun.
Central Districts masochists torture club or something? They want to torture us..make us wear floro vests! :eek5:

aren't the fluoro vests just for the marshals to wear?:rolleyes:

Drew
16th December 2007, 18:26
Might be time to take the Hornet round and scare the rest of you off the track.

I reckon I can match my time of 1.15.7 set on the '99 RSV whale. I figure I've got more power, better skills now, and the good old fashioned, "I've said it, I'll have to back it up" on my side.

jimbo600
16th December 2007, 18:52
Might be time to take the Hornet round and scare the rest of you off the track.

I reckon I can match my time of 1.15.7 set on the '99 RSV whale. I figure I've got more power, better skills now, and the good old fashioned, "I've said it, I'll have to back it up" on my side.

Do it bro' if you match 1:15 I'll buy you a pack of jammy dodgers.

roogazza
24th December 2007, 09:20

Cheers MD , They tend to be well attended and only about 40 bucks from memory ? Lets hope the surface has been re done ? Gaz.

Freakshow
24th December 2007, 09:28
YAY I have been waiting for one of these!!!

HornetBoy
24th December 2007, 18:07
Yea the handout thing i got from the toy run says $40 for this (which is bloody cheap) i might make a turn up on my beastie :scooter: is it usually a big turnout ?

Trudes
24th December 2007, 18:10
Awesome!!! I'm keen as a keen thing for another one of these tracky days, and $40, you can't beat it!! Can anyone tell me what time check in is? Thanks.

flame
24th December 2007, 19:05
Will be MINT! giggedy giggedy:woohoo:

MD
24th December 2007, 19:18
I have devised a cunning scheme so we can identify each other.
Each KBer that attends is to write their logon on a $20 note. I will collect the notes on the day and retain them in the hall of records.

RantyDave
24th December 2007, 19:20
is it usually a big turnout ?
Shit yes. Go. It's awesome.

Dave

flame
24th December 2007, 19:21
I have devised a cunning scheme so we can identify each other.
Each KBer that attends is to write their logon on a $20 note. I will collect the notes on the day and retain them in the hall of records.

I'll be your assistant/secretary/bitch lol

chanceyy
24th December 2007, 19:35
whooo hooo I am now in for this one since the other ride has been postponed

loved it last yr .. sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it this yr ... :yes:

Fatjim
24th December 2007, 20:11
Well I'm in!

erik
25th December 2007, 07:02
hmmm, looks like an interesting track...

I emailed CDMTC and it turns out they only use the old track, not the extended bit. If I was closer I'd go but seeing as I'm in auckland, I think it's going to take the full track to get me down there :(. The full track looks awesome on google maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Manfield+Raceway,+New+Zealand&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.410045,71.015625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,-40.238035,175.552474&t=h&om=1&ll=-40.238293,175.558434&spn=0.008812,0.017338&z=16), really twisty maybe even better than taupo (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=-38.665893,176.144872&spn=0.009014,0.017338&t=h&z=16&om=1)?

VasalineWarrior
27th December 2007, 16:54
The full track is as good as it looks from above. Its clear when you ride the full version of manfield what a piece of sh#t Taupo really is

325rocket
27th December 2007, 17:56
do / can i pre-register or do you just turn up and pay on the day?

chanceyy
27th December 2007, 18:02
do / can i pre-register or do you just turn up and pay on the day?

turn up & pay on the day

Kendog
27th December 2007, 18:39
Can't wait.

While it's not the same surface quality as Taupo, it is still a lot of fun.

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 18:46
Yea think i might turn up either to watch or have a go :Pokey: im a complete trackday virgin so im not sure about it

chanceyy
27th December 2007, 18:49
Yea think i might turn up either to watch or have a go :Pokey: im a complete trackday virgin so im not sure about it

laffing you will not be able to resist giving it a go .. total blast & as long as you take it easy & do not push yourself or the bike to far then it will be all good

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 18:53
laffing you will not be able to resist giving it a go .. total blast & as long as you take it easy & do not push yourself or the bike to far then it will be all good

yea just found out some of the potential cons of owning a fully faired bike :buggerd: and thinking of how much the cemitary circut got my testosterone going ,im worried i migt try to live out my raceing dreams and bin the beast lol :spanking:

just one question tho : what about petrol for the bik when you doing a trackday ? do you bring your own ? if so who do you all bring extra petrol ?

NZsarge
27th December 2007, 18:57
Can't wait.

While it's not the same surface quality as Taupo, it is still a lot of fun.

Garry H was tell me that they have been working on the track.

chanceyy
27th December 2007, 18:58
yea just found out some of the potential cons of owning a fully faired bike :buggerd: and thinking of how much the cemitary circut got my testosterone going ,im worried i migt try to live out my raceing dreams and bin the beast lol :spanking:

just one question tho : what about petrol for the bik when you doing a trackday ? do you bring your own ? if so who do you all bring extra petrol ?

thats where control comes in mate .. depends if you wanna push yourself & your bike to the outside of your limit & risk binning it with the costs that come with it

or have fun, with a bike & yourself in tack at the end of the day.

Not sure why males in particular need to prove the size of their ball bags, getting out there & just doing it should be the goal of the day

Freakshow
27th December 2007, 19:00

Servo is a couple of hundred meters down the road so could always pop out.

And JUST DO IT !!!!

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 19:03
Servo is a couple of hundred meters down the road so could always pop out.

And JUST DO IT !!!!

haha omg yea didnt think of that ,hmmm ok no excuses now :pinch:

you can swap group through the trackday a ,as i dont want to be stuck at 120kph down the back straight lol ,and i dont consider myself a slow rider,maybe medium group ?

illusivemenace
27th December 2007, 19:15
will i need to strip my bike for this eg: lights intercators etc?

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 19:23
will i need to strip my bike for this eg: lights intercators etc?

only tape the lights and indicators off

chanceyy
27th December 2007, 19:28
if you can take your mirrors off & tape x across lights indicators

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 19:52
if you can take your mirrors off & tape x across lights indicators

its funny because the last time i did that it felt weird ,and i kept glancing over at where the mirrors used to be ,felt a little unsettling and took a little getting used to for me ,but this time ...ill be prepared :cool

chanceyy
27th December 2007, 19:55
its funny because the last time i did that it felt weird ,and i kept glancing over at where the mirrors used to be ,felt a little unsettling and took a little getting used to for me ,but this time ...ill be prepared :cool

as long as you hold your line its up to others coming up behind you to pass safely ..you will also sense someone coming up .. & at least it will not be a cage or truck up your ass .. just another biker

HornetBoy
27th December 2007, 20:02
as long as you hold your line its up to others coming up behind you to pass safely ..you will also sense someone coming up .. & at least it will not be a cage or truck up your ass .. just another biker

yea will have to keep mindful of keeping steady lines etc :pinch: hmmm haven't had many cars up my backside :laugh: except for those bloody "car enthusiasts " around town grrr "calls the *666 number to dob em in for racing":Police:

limbimtimwim
27th December 2007, 21:10
you can swap group through the trackday a ,as i dont want to be stuck at 120kph down the back straight lol ,and i dont consider myself a slow rider,maybe medium group ?You can change. If it is you first track day go out in the slow group in at least your first session. Go out towards the back of the group so you don't get stuck behind the marshal rider (If there is one).

The marshal will keep a lid on it down the straights, but won't be a newb and will go around the corners faster most.

Freakshow
28th December 2007, 08:18
So Welly crowd what is a good time to be leaving WGTN?? Shall we meet up at Shell Mana again??

Kendog
28th December 2007, 08:41
We are going to head up on the Friday and stay the night, so will see you there.

RantyDave
28th December 2007, 12:24
So Welly crowd what is a good time to be leaving WGTN?? Shall we meet up at Shell Mana again??
Last time I think we left Shell Mana at (shudder) 6:30. I also vaguely remember this being too early as the magic maccas was shut. So how about we leave from Shell Mana at 7, leaving time for maccas eaters to get there a bit earlier and feed their collective faces. Or is it just me?

Dave

HornetBoy
28th December 2007, 12:30
We are going to head up on the Friday and stay the night, so will see you there.

damm you guys/gals have a long ride to get up here ,must take it out of ya haveing to come so far :yawn:

Deano
28th December 2007, 12:33
damm you guys/gals have a long ride to get up here ,must take it out of ya haveing to come so far :yawn:

Manfeild is a dawdle to some of the road trips/track day excursions some of us have been on.

I should be keen - I want to see Drew do a 1.15 on a Whornet - and if he does, I want to be passing him.

Kendog
28th December 2007, 14:54

It's more to do with going out for a nice dinner, having a spa bath and motel room.

One day you will understand :msn-wink:

HornetBoy
28th December 2007, 18:42
It's more to do with going out for a nice dinner, having a spa bath and motel room.

One day you will understand :msn-wink:

lol :clap: ;) hope your bringing ya blinged hornets down :yes:

HornetBoy
28th December 2007, 18:44
Manfeild is a dawdle to some of the road trips/track day excursions some of us have been on.

I should be keen - I want to see Drew do a 1.15 on a Whornet - and if he does, I want to be passing him.

man i just want to get round the track without crashing my tank katana lol

chanceyy
28th December 2007, 18:44

be good to catch up with you guys again .. btw wots happening new yrs ??

Kendog
28th December 2007, 21:34
lol :clap: ;) hope your bringing ya blinged hornets down :yes:
Only one blinged hornet left and it will be there.

be good to catch up with you guys again .. btw wots happening new yrs ??
Be good to catch up, I am not sure what our plans are for new years yet.

cowboyz
28th December 2007, 22:23
haha omg yea didnt think of that ,hmmm ok no excuses now :pinch:

you can swap group through the trackday a ,as i dont want to be stuck at 120kph down the back straight lol ,and i dont consider myself a slow rider,maybe medium group ?
give it a go but go out in the slow group first up. If you dont get right up behind the marshall right off the get go then it is not as slow as you might think it is. It will definitely pay to get used to the track before you move up in the speed classes.

dont worry about what is behind you on the track. Just concentrate on smooth predictable lines and if a faster rider comes up behind you then it is their responsibility to get past you. If you keep looking at your mirrors or (even worse) over your shoulder then you are more likely to miss a braking marker and overshoot a corner. Just get out there and circulate to start with and once you get the hang of it you will be fine.
Fuel is no problems. Wont be looking at any lap records so just show up with a full tank and you will not use it all in a day.

Kendog
29th December 2007, 08:11
Fuel is no problems. Wont be looking at any lap records so just show up with a full tank and you will not use it all in a day.

Unless you have a really really small tank :eek5:

Drew
29th December 2007, 08:49

After the wicked time I had at Taupo on the Duc, I'll be bringing that now. Need to bring my lap times down on board the race bike.

Hawkeye
29th December 2007, 11:32
What time do the gates open? What time does it finish?
Where is the track? How do I get there? What safety gear do I need?

got the questions.... I need answers...

erik
29th December 2007, 11:41
I'm still thinking about riding down to this, depending on the weather etc. I don't start back at work till the 14th.
But I think I need a new front tyre to pass scrutineering. I know I can get more k's out of it on the road. I'll see if I can get a shop to change it, then change it back after the track day.

Here's part of an email I got from Rob from CDMTC (cdmtc@silver-bullet.co.nz):
==========
Just rock up on the day, no pre-bookings, we use the “old” track layout. ( not the extended track )

Just $40 for the day

Sorry no cheques

Sign in and Scrutineering Strictly 9am to 9:45am

Bikes presented for scrutineering must be of WOF standard

All glass to be taped. Sorry no sidecars

Bikes must be under 85db to comply with Manfeild regulations

All riders must comply with the following:

Minimum age of 15

Must hold and present a NZ Motorcycle Licence

Minimum gear: Motorcycle Boots, Draggin Jeans, Motorcycle Jacket, Gloves, and Helmet

CD’s reserves the right to refuse entry and/or to expel any rider who does not comply with event rules on the day.
===============

Tony.OK
29th December 2007, 12:32
Are race bikes allowed at this day?Not racing yet but would be nice to get some familiarity at Manfield.

flame
29th December 2007, 15:17
Are race bikes allowed at this day?Not racing yet but would be nice to get some familiarity at Manfield.

yep, sure can. Usually have to go out in either 'race' or 'fast' class

Hawkeye
30th December 2007, 10:43

Ok I've now got 2 out of 5 answers...

9am - 9.45am sign up and scrutiny

Minimum age of 15

Minimum gear: Motorcycle Boots, Draggin Jeans, Motorcycle Jacket, Gloves, and Helmet

Just need the answers to - Where, How, What

Kendog
30th December 2007, 11:50
You only have two questions left, the what safety gear was in the email.

The easiest way to get there is ride up SH1 to Sanson, turn right, then left into Stewart Rd, then left into Awahuri Rd, then right into Rata street.

Ok I've now got 2 out of 5 answers...

9am - 9.45am sign up and scrutiny

Minimum age of 15

skelstar
30th December 2007, 12:18
...but this is a more fun route.

Hawkeye
30th December 2007, 12:45

The easiest way to get there is ride up SH1 to Sanson, turn right, then left into Stewart Rd, then left into Awahuri Rd, then right into Rata street.

The 2nd 'what' question is : What time does it finish?

Trudes
30th December 2007, 15:08
Usually around 4 to 4:30 ish.

Freakshow
31st December 2007, 07:54
...but this is a more fun route.

You are kidding me!! I thought your standard of detour would normally add at least an hour! :Punk:

Nasty
31st December 2007, 08:14

Easiest way to get there is to group ride .. then you don't get lost .. although I am taking the car ....

Kendog
31st December 2007, 08:18
You are kidding me!! I thought your standard of detour would normally add at least an hour! :Punk:

That is the return trip, via Pahiatua :2thumbsup

Kendog
31st December 2007, 08:19
Easiest way to get there is to group ride .. then you don't get lost .. although I am taking the car ....

What, you are not going on the track??

Nasty
31st December 2007, 08:23
What, you are not going on the track??

No going on the track ... but am taking up a racebike for someone else .. and hopefully they are taking a bike I can ride for that day!

Kendog
31st December 2007, 08:25
No going on the track ... but am taking up a racebike for someone else .. and hopefully they are taking a bike I can ride for that day!

Now that sounds like a good deal.

NZsarge
31st December 2007, 08:28
I think i'm gonna shoot across (via car) too, be good to meet people that you usually only ever see on the KB website.
It'll be gear to see all the bikes on the track, just stay rubber side down though eh....

Weaver
31st December 2007, 18:05
Easiest way to get there is to group ride .. then you don't get lost ..

Unless your a bit slower than the group. Then you loss sight of the group and end up going the wrong way at an intersection :whistle:

Tony.OK
1st January 2008, 22:48
Just checked forecast on wunderground.com(much more accurate than local ones) and its looking like its gonna be FINE:niceone:

RantyDave
2nd January 2008, 07:05
But I think I need a new front tyre to pass scrutineering.
Looks OK to me. Read: Looks better than the rear I think I'll be saying goodbye to shortly after the track day.

Dave

RantyDave
2nd January 2008, 07:09

Easiest way to get there is to group ride ..
So, are we keen on meeting up at Shell Mana (leave at 7) or want to just sorta get there under own steam?

Dave

Nasty
2nd January 2008, 09:46
So, are we keen on meeting up at Shell Mana (leave at 7) or want to just sorta get there under own steam?

Dave

Sorry mate but Grub and I are heading on Friday night.

RantyDave
2nd January 2008, 10:14
Actually, bugger, looks like I can't go. Have a good one, boys and girls. Shiny side up and all that.

Dave

skelstar
2nd January 2008, 10:28
Xmas hurt too much for my wallet so prob won't go :(

Drew
2nd January 2008, 16:20
Xmas hurt too much for my wallet so prob won't go :(

Harden The Fuck Up

skelstar
2nd January 2008, 19:28
Harden The Fuck Up
How original...

GSVR
2nd January 2008, 19:33
How original...

Come on Skelstar your aways trying to find excuses not to do these events. Get organised and while your at it get the Darkman to blow the dustoff the SV.

chanceyy
2nd January 2008, 19:39
Hopefully a few of the newbies from todays ride will come out & have a go ..

been nearly a yr since my first track day .. damn keen to get out & give it another go

skelstar
2nd January 2008, 19:40
I do not have enough money :mellow:

Besides was on the track last Friday... kinda.

Hawkeye
2nd January 2008, 21:18
So, How many are heading out from Mana at 7.00am?

sugilite
3rd January 2008, 18:27
I fear for the chasity of the virgin knee sliders on my street leathers this Saturday :innocent:
The price appeals to my Scottish bloodlines too :yes:

chanceyy
3rd January 2008, 18:30
I fear for the chasity of the virgin knee sliders on my street leathers this Saturday :innocent:

:laugh: guess that means I better bake tomorrow then :whistle: ... see you there :yes:

Fatjim
3rd January 2008, 18:39
Anybody in Welly who's not a child molester want to look after three very enegetic youngsters for the day so their Daddy can go play on his bike in a controlled environment?

325rocket
3rd January 2008, 18:55

there is 8 of us leaving j'ville at about 6.20 so i guess we will be going through mana around 6.30 ish

edit: change of time

Hawkeye
3rd January 2008, 19:32
there is 8 of us leaving j'ville at about 6.30 so i guess we will be going through mana around 7 ish

Which route are you taking from J'ville. Motorway or back road. I'm in Tawa so if you come along back road I can join up at Takapu Rd station. Or I'll wait next to the motorway on ramp for you to go through.

I think you may need to leave J'Ville around 4 if it's going to take you from 6.30 to 7 to get from J'ville to Mana. :msn-wink:

u4ea
3rd January 2008, 19:57
I'll come over and spectate this time.

robertydog
3rd January 2008, 19:59
:laugh: guess that means I better bake tomorrow then :whistle: ... see you there :yes:

Bake, Bake, Bake:2thumbsup

chanceyy
3rd January 2008, 20:00

geezzz it took you long enough to sniff out that post ... :lol: .... did i say that there would be any left by the time you got there :nya:

325rocket
3rd January 2008, 20:27
Which route are you taking from J'ville. Motorway or back road. I'm in Tawa so if you come along back road I can join up at Takapu Rd station. Or I'll wait next to the motorway on ramp for you to go through.

straight up motorway i think. if its easier were meeting at bp jville if you want to meet up there. or pm me your number and ill text you when we leave.

Freakshow
4th January 2008, 08:17

YES BAKE BAKE BAKE!!!

I will see you guys at 7 at Mana!!!:woohoo:

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 09:55
YES BAKE BAKE BAKE!!!

its in the oven at the mo .. hmmmm smells good ..

now have to remember to bring it tomorrow :lol:

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2008, 10:00

Can you bake extra please? Im thinking of coming along.... :)

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 10:02
Can you bake extra please? Im thinking of coming along.... :)

laffing no prob Hels .. its a blardy massive roasting dish of choccy cake .. just need it to cool down so i can ice it later :whistle:

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2008, 10:05
laffing no prob Hels .. its a blardy massive roasting dish of choccy cake .. just need it to cool down so i can ice it later :whistle:

Just make another one and you should be right! :niceone:

I could always come and "help" you ice it.... :devil2:

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 10:07
Just make another one and you should be right! :niceone:

I could always come and "help" you ice it.... :devil2:

that you could .. but we want icing on the cake ... :lol:

nah one is totally plenty unless robertydog sniffs it out first then you have to fight him for it along with all the other pirates :laugh:

must get hundreds & thousands this aft as well :nya:

NZsarge
4th January 2008, 11:55

geezzz it took you long enough to sniff out that post ... :lol: .... did i say that there would be any left by the time you got there :nya:

I might finally get the chance to sample some of this famous chocolate cake:clap:

Marknz
4th January 2008, 12:13
might just see you all there. should be a good day. if a little red mazda hugs the left of the road while we're in traffic, go for the gap as I will have seen you coming and will be making room

Freakshow
4th January 2008, 12:20
might just see you all there. should be a good day. if a little red mazda hugs the left of the road while we're in traffic, go for the gap as I will have seen you coming and will be making room

I am guessing there will be a biek on the back!!

Deano
4th January 2008, 12:23
Get organised and while your at it get the Darkman to blow the dustoff the SV.

The dust has been blown off it bro.

But the Darkman no longer owns it. :devil2:

Watch my tailpiece disappear into the distance peeps.

Skunk
4th January 2008, 12:28
Just I'll have to come along too.

Deano
4th January 2008, 12:41
I have a spare place on my trailer for a bike if anyone wants a lift up ?

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 13:53
I might finally get the chance to sample some of this famous chocolate cake:clap:

well I guess i had better save some for the pit bitch :lol: .. would be really remiss of me not to feed ya sarge :nya:

just have to make sure you beat Rob there though ..:2thumbsup

robertydog
4th January 2008, 14:08
well I guess i had better save some for the pit bitch :lol: .. would be really remiss of me not to feed ya sarge :nya:

just have to make sure you beat Rob there though ..:2thumbsup

Dont forget the sprinkles this time.

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 14:11
Dont forget the sprinkles this time.

geezzz ya dunna want much do ya .. :bleh: .. already iced with sprinkles on it :laugh: ya blardy worse than the kids .. :nya:

flame
4th January 2008, 14:22

You could tell everyone you forgot it.....except me;)

Be great to catch up with you Chancychick! see ya tomorrow:yes:

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2008, 14:23
.. already iced with sprinkles on it

Im definately coming now, so you'll need to take the sprinkles of my half of the cake. Thanks in advance!

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 14:24
You could tell everyone you forgot it.....except me;)

Be great to catch up with you Chancychick! see ya tomorrow:yes:

I could just lock it in the truck & lose the keys :lol: .. be great to see you again hon & watch you do your thing on the track .. always a pleasure to watch :yes:

dunna worry babes there is plenty for nearly everyone but Rob .. :whistle:

chanceyy
4th January 2008, 14:26
Im definately coming now, so you'll need to take the sprinkles of my half of the cake. Thanks in advance!

give them to Robertydog .. might be the closest he gets to the cake all day :killingme

robertydog
4th January 2008, 14:34
give them to Robertydog .. might be the closest he gets to the cake all day :killingme

Leave the sprinkles on. Ill will just have Str8 Jackets half:dodge:

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2008, 14:37
Leave the sprinkles on. Ill will just have Str8 Jackets half:dodge:

Hmmpf! Watch ya back mr!

GSVR
4th January 2008, 15:11
The dust has been blown off it bro.

But the Darkman no longer owns it. :devil2:

Watch my tailpiece disappear into the distance peeps.

Great news Deano. It'll be like having a mini SP1.

Lets hope the Vic Club in their wisdom run a ProTwin Class this year.

Heard from Possum some guy in Feilding brought his Hyosung so that might be there tommorow as well.

Freakshow
4th January 2008, 15:17
Hmmpf! Watch ya back mr!

What bike have you stolen for tomorrow??? the Lounge burn out pit bike??

Slingshot
4th January 2008, 16:50

I'm coming!!

Are we departing Shell Mana at 7am sharp or will I have time for McDs?

Drew
4th January 2008, 17:32

Choice, are ya bringing the 750 up? Always more fun on the track with loads of fast cats out there.

madmal64
4th January 2008, 19:13
Im leaving the Plimmerton Weigh Station at 7.30 for any of those that feel that the 7.00am is just that wee bit too early.
Seems like there could be a good crowd for this one.
See ya there!

Skunk
4th January 2008, 19:16
I'll join you at Shell Mana at 7.00am, but won't be thrashing the RD all the way there.

Slingshot
4th January 2008, 19:20
Im leaving the Plimmerton Weigh Station at 7.30 for any of those that feel that the 7.00am is just that wee bit too early.
Seems like there could be a good crowd for this one.
See ya there!

I'll join you at Shell Mana at 7.00am, but won't be thrashing the RD all the way there.

Great, so Shell Mana at 7am for breakfast and then we'll pick Mel up on the way through at the waystation.

See you tomorrow.

sugilite
4th January 2008, 19:48
Yeah Bro, I'll be riding over on the 750. Hopefully it will want to play ball this time (it sulked at the only actrix round I entered).

Don't know about this fast cat stuff, It's been so long I might just be a slow, tired old pussy by now. :sleep:

Choice, are ya bringing the 750 up? Always more fun on the track with loads of fast cats out there.

jimbo600
4th January 2008, 19:53
Yeah Bro, I'll be riding over on the 750. Hopefully it will want to play ball this time (it sulked at the only actrix round I entered).

Don't know about this fast cat stuff, It's been so long I might just be a slow, tired old pussy by now. :sleep:

Oh whatever, you know the deal. It aint a race until someone passes ya, then its on. You'll still be one of the fastest cookies there I'm picking.

Marknz
4th January 2008, 21:33
I am guessing there will be a biek on the back!!

Nope, but bringing my kit along for a chance play :clap:

jimbo600
4th January 2008, 21:39
Nope, but bringing my kit along for a chance play :clap:

I'll set up XBOX360 in the pits for ya and you can pretend on MotoGP in ya leathers

MD
5th January 2008, 16:46
So no one suffered frost bite then! Man that was a hot day. Next time I'm packing shorts.

There must have been some deceptive winds blowing because all my wheelie attempts ended in speed wobbles and being blown off course. Maybe they put NZ air in my new rear tyre? That might explain it. I buy European tyres to get EU compliant air inside them- far more stable.

Thanks CDTMC for a well run day. Massive turn out. That tri-colour 1098 was flying and looked stunning.

u4ea
5th January 2008, 16:51
Absolutly fantabulous(close your eyes Hitcher )day out spectating.Was a gofer for a couple of KBers but that's way better than being a pit bitch I guess!:rolleyes:Some awesome riding out there today.The race bikes put on a fab show .Was super to catch up with some 'ol faces again.:cool:

cowboyz
5th January 2008, 18:10
had a fantastic time. First time having the 9 on the track so that was fun. Last session was just magic chasing RobertyDog round and round.
Awesome day.

chanceyy
5th January 2008, 18:12
OMG .. what a fantastic day alright .. weather was minta .. track excellent after resurfacing ..

Betsy did not miss a trick or go off the track (she looked after me) As did Rottieguy, U4ea & sarge .. along with the kbers out there riding. also good to see the Central districts take on board the comments Mrs KD & I made after the first slow session when more experienced guys were playing with the field & carving up on the inside of corners .. the rest of the day was excellent in the slow group

The company today with everyone in high spirits has to be one of the reasons you love the biking community - everyone helping each other out providing gear, tools & good hearted fun :love:

the highlight of the day .. :gob: well doing a session on the back of sugi's bike of course :Punk: .. man could not wipe the smile off my face - (still can't) .. the experience .. nods almost orgasmic :lol: .. thanks Sugi you totally rock & always make me smile .. the smoothness is something I aspire to be on a bike for sure .. :first:

skelstar
5th January 2008, 18:13
Spent some (a lot of) time watching from both the inside of the sweeper and at turn one, it was fuggin awesome. Esp watching the race group ... you were fast too Trudes ;)

chanceyy
5th January 2008, 18:15
had a fantastic time. First time having the 9 on the track so that was fun. Last session was just magic chasing RobertyDog round and round.
Awesome day.

so how was your lap times ??

was great seeing such a range of bikes out there giving it a go as well .. MD fantastic wheelies .. bling for them mate .. :wari:

Skunk
5th January 2008, 18:17
Good fun day had by me. Spent the day getting unstuck from the seat. Good to catch up with some old friends (many non-KBers) too.

Well done CD for sorting the people who couldn't play right.

325rocket
5th January 2008, 18:23
There must have been some deceptive winds blowing because all my wheelie attempts ended in speed wobbles and being blown off course.

looked pretty good from where i was!

does anyone know if there will be a site with the photos on?

cowboyz
5th January 2008, 18:24
so how was your lap times ??

was great seeing such a range of bikes out there giving it a go as well .. MD fantastic wheelies .. bling for them mate .. :wari:

circulating at 1.33 with a hot lap of 1.31 in there. For those who think that is slow remember that I am hindered by the fact I cant ride round corners. I was actually very happy with it. Felt solid and controlled and got home without braking my bike.

u4ea
5th January 2008, 18:27
circulating at 1.33 with a hot lap of 1.31 in there. For those who think that is slow remember that I am hindered by the fact I cant ride round corners. I was actually very happy with it. Felt solid and controlled and got home without braking my bike.

That my freind..is what track days are all about!!!!! :scooter:

chanceyy
5th January 2008, 18:29

thats not slow at all .. & at the end of the day if you had fun & you & your bike are not broken then its been a totally successful day .. IMHO ..

only seen a few of your laps Lance & looked good from where I was standing ..

Trudes
5th January 2008, 18:38
Well I had a fantabulous time too!!
Rode through to Palmy yesterday, first time over the Takas on the K7, so that was kewl, had fun, twinged a nerve in the shoulder and had to swap at Masterton for the ride over the Pihiatua track, all good fun though.
Arrived at the track this morning to be surprised by the massive turnout of riders and bikes!! Signed in, took the bike through and got onto the track. Had a few things that I have been trying to practice and figured the track was the best place to do this. Had a ball!!! Probably the best I've riden around Manfeild, so was well pleased with myself.
Last session swapped bikes with the boy and had a blast on the K7, holy crapola, I need one!!! (for the track only though!!) As Suilite said to me, "I could see you smiling from the back of your helmet!!"
Thanks CDMTC for a great day (hot baby, it was hot!!!), the pit crew for the cakes and sweets and stuff, great company, Sugi for the offer to follow, pity you're too fast, even when you're trying to go slow!! And Skelstar for some funny pics!!

cowboyz
5th January 2008, 18:41
I been watching around Manfield enough to know what quick is. The clubmans guys will knock 10 secs off that time so its not real flash but I wasnt pissing around either. Was good to see my 10 year old bike thats now closing in on 100,000km have the same (sometimes more) drive out of the corners as the 04/05/06 bikes. Its certainly not down on horses. Coke corner fucks with my head as does the hairpin. All good though. Another one coming up soon for some more practice.

Deano
5th January 2008, 18:58
Well done CD for sorting the people who couldn't play right.

Good to hear the organisers took some control - when you take things into your own hands, you never know the enemies you might make. :whistle:

Str8 Jacket
5th January 2008, 19:35
Good to hear the organisers took some control - when you take things into your own hands, you never know the enemies you might make. :whistle:

I think that your attitude sux mate!

I certainly had an explosive day today! :shit:

chanceyy
5th January 2008, 19:42
I think that your attitude sux mate!

I certainly had an explosive day today! :shit:

really felt for you today Hels ..

Str8 Jacket
5th January 2008, 19:45
really felt for you today Hels ..

Cheers hun, I felt worse for Malcolm!..... Even cooked him dinner!

Grub
5th January 2008, 19:46
Today completes one anniversary of my first track day, again run by CDMTC. Of them all, this one is just such a great day and is so well run. Nicely laid back and respectfully organised and run - thanks guys.

Here was me telling everyone that the CDMTC trackday is the best because there's not usually too many people - liar! Full fields all day but they were in good groups and apart from silly bastards in the first Novvice session, evenly matched. It was great.

On the riding, I seem to currently be at peace with my bike. With the new sealed corners, Manfield is smooth(ish) which the CBR seems to like. It's still easily unsettled on the road but on the track it was just settled and smooth and giving good feedback. Splash and Higgins still have patches and I nanna'd if I got near the ridges on them but otherwise it was a cool day.

I took the stopwatches this time and so we were able to get some times as reference points. I'll let the others post their own times if they wish but I was pretty happy with my 1:29.8. I know that's not a fanstastic time (it wouldn't get me kicked up to Clubmans A from Clubmans B) but now I have a number, I have a reference point for making small changes and seeing what effect they have.

Really happy, really stuffed and really going to do it again for the second round.

Grub
5th January 2008, 19:48
I felt worse for Malcolm!..... Even cooked him dinner!

You're supposed to be making him feel better, not worse ... stick to sex :laugh:

Str8 Jacket
5th January 2008, 19:49
You're supposed to be making him feel better, not worse ... stick to sex :laugh:

Ya big meanie! :crybaby:

flame
5th January 2008, 19:54
Cheers CDMCC for yet another wicked day:niceone: It was awesome fun, hot, sticky, smelly, but BLARDY awesome!

And thanks to all the guys in Race class that unknowingly taught me heaps about corner speed when ya's flew by. When I grow up Im going to ride like Glen:woohoo:;)

jimbo600
5th January 2008, 20:24

Yeah you don't want to make any enemies round there mate.

robertydog
5th January 2008, 20:44
Cheers CDMCC. I had an absolute blast. I havent ridden Manfied snice
1987-88 so its been a long time. Seems like yesterday really and it didnt take to get into the groove.
Thanks cowboyz for the day and having some fun.
Cheers chanceyy for the cake. It was very tasty, as always. Nice to meet a few kbrs to day.
Dont forget the next one is on the 2nd March

cowboyz
5th January 2008, 20:48
yep. fantastic chasing that R1 round. Cheers for that. Made the day for me.

Has anyone got any pics? I took my camera and didnt take a single pic. The day was run so well I seemed to be either getting ready to get on track, on track or just coming off the track. Day seemed to go really fast.

Slingshot
5th January 2008, 21:26
Choice day, although there were stacks of riders the day seemed to run like a well oiled 150cc 2-stroke. It would have been nice to get another session or two in but I'd probably done my dash mentally & physically anyway.

Bring on the photos.........anyone........?

There also seemed to be less bins this time round.

Also managed to avoid a couple of tickets on the way home too, first one the detector alerted me to and the second I managed to spot (lucky to cause that HP was using laser).

All in all an excellent day

jimbo600
5th January 2008, 21:35
Just want to say well done to CDMTC for putting on a good day again. Nice one.

skelstar
5th January 2008, 21:46
Might be some photos tomorrow... regretably 99% of them are of my mates (that I recognised). Gotta find a CF reader :)

Kendog
5th January 2008, 22:18
That was an excellent day, thanks to all the organisers and marshals for making it happen :niceone:

cowpoos
5th January 2008, 22:32
spill the beans??? what happened??? and did ya give jimbo the learn?

Tony.OK
6th January 2008, 06:42

I just heard the US armed forces have been withdrawn from Iraq and are on their way to Welly for some :spanking:

Had a great (HOT!) day,was good to meet ya Deano and Drew.
Didn't break anything on the bike except a bit of ego when Shirrifs lapped me:weep:

Marknz
6th January 2008, 07:11
Many thanks to the CD club for organising yesterday, it was a good day out and seemed to run well. Lucky there were no big bins, none that I'm aware of anyways.

:2thumbsup Big thanks to Jimbo :2thumbsup for letting me use his bike for a couple of sessions. Same model that I used at the Creek for a day so was comfortable on it straight away.

Also good to catch up with everyone that I haven't seen for a year or so. Good one.

And Tony, don't be worried about getting lapped by Craig... you wouldn't be the only guy in the country thinking of running in the same class as him that that happens to, and that is his home track.

Cheers

GSVR
6th January 2008, 07:57
CDMTC sure know how to run a good trackday and the $40 entry is (IMO) what all well attended trackdays should cost.

First time on the track since all the resealing has been done. Bit of a shame all the bumps and patches cost to much to get done but the track is definately faster now. I'm picking lap records will tumble in all classes of Motorsport.

Had a great day and good to see so many road riders getting out their and seeing what their bikes and themselves can do.

Roll on the next one. Anyone know if the Ruapehu MCC are running one this year?

Tony.OK
6th January 2008, 08:10
And Tony, don't be worried about getting lapped by Craig... you wouldn't be the only guy in the country thinking of running in the same class as him that that happens to, and that is his home track.

Cheers
Hahaa yeah not too bothered,was great just to be able to follow for half a corner:woohoo:
I was happy being out there with some real fast guys,,was impressed when a guy came up the inside of me sideways into turn one.:Punk:
Am happy now knowing that its not as scary as i thought having riders in such close proximity.

Nasty
6th January 2008, 08:21
CDTMC .. well done ... had an awesome day with my times improving each round ... which is kinda cool cos I am kinda slow .... had a great time learning the lines and practising not braking ... must admit that was a fun part!

jimbo600
6th January 2008, 08:31
spill the beans??? what happened??? and did ya give jimbo the learn?

Learn? I got learned so bad by Sherriffs and the Bernard boys I issued pooh particles into my leathers. I mean shit god damn those dudes are fast. As for the Piston broke boys, well I served them all up like a well prepared piece of duck liver pate.

skelstar
6th January 2008, 08:33
Povey and Yoshie both passed you in one lap ...

Got a mint photo of you three boys exiting the sweeper.

jimbo600
6th January 2008, 08:40
Povey and Yoshie both passed you in one lap ...

Got a mint photo of you three boys exiting the sweeper.

You mean when I hand my hand up and came into the pits? Yeah people usually pass me when I do that.

Hawkeye
6th January 2008, 08:45
CDTMC .. Thanks for a great, well organised day.
First time on the track and loved it. There is however a down side to yesterday.

I want a faster bike..:weep:

The track really showed how outdated the technology of my suspension is. Found I was having to brake much earlier than I would have liked, just to enter the tighter corners in control. And watching guys go past as if I was standing still when I was fully open showed how much less power I had.

I want a faster bike..:weep:

Did I mention... I want a faster bike..:weep:

Beemer
6th January 2008, 08:51
Good to hear you all had so much fun, but then the big smiles on everyone's faces were a bit of a give-away! It would have been a bit more skin-friendly if the clouds had rolled in - you'd think slapping sunscreen on arms, legs, etc would trigger the memory to also do the back of the neck and ears but every year I forget!

It was a great ride up and there were some gorgeous bikes out on the track. Very sad for me to see my first bike - the beloved RG150 I learned to ride on many years ago - seize along the middle straight but good to see it was still in one piece and hopefully it's repairable. I still have great memories of all the fun I had on that bike in the four years I owned it.

Lovely to not see crashes too, they take the shine off the day for everyone.

cowpoos
6th January 2008, 09:49
Learn? I got learned so bad by Sherriffs and the Bernard boys I issued pooh particles into my leathers. I mean shit god damn those dudes are fast. As for the Piston broke boys, well I served them all up like a well prepared piece of duck liver pate.
mate...with skills like that...your gunna have to start racing bro!!

and I have just the track bike for ya!!!

cowboyz
6th January 2008, 10:21
Where are all the pics?? Shocked that it is near lunchtime the day after and there has been one pic come out online.
Who was the guy standing in the middle of the track with a camera? Was he a professional and where are his photos?

sugilite
6th January 2008, 10:21
Well, what a great day that was! I put a 10,000 rev limit on myself in interest of preserving poor bike. I went in the fast class as the race class was full of serious nats contenders on their last shake down before the nats start, so they didn't need me poodling about :lol: I did a bit of testing myself. I've been plagued by size 13 hoofs hitting the deck on the track, but with the 750 being my road bike and my legs already being cramped by the low seat height, have resisted putting on rear sets. I read the aussie supersport boys were using 190's on 600's, so decided to use a 195/70/17 rear. It is a huge tyre and jacks the back up. It worked, got right to the edges of the tyre, the boots got a minor hammering instead of a major one and I also got faster steering into the bargain. Tyre diameter was so large, went one down on the front sprocket to compensate! So bike handling best yet, :clap:

I took my wife for a ride on the back round the track. Last time we did that was 18 years back on a GSXR1100. She really enjoyed it, but said she remembered feeling safer on the 1100. She told me this morning she worked out why, the 1100 had more power, what a gal!
Next up for the pillion ride was Chanceyy. I thought I was paying her back for all the help she gave me on the bike a few months back (I offered a road ride in return) Turns out, it was just for the yummy chocolate cake she had baked and I still owe her the road ride! We started at the back, and ended up at the front behind the pace rider, have no idea how that occurred? :innocent:

After a good ole chin wag, zipped over to a friends place in palmy, dropped the bike off and went to the movies with the kids. Pizza, F & C's and a big hamburger for dinner, then jumped back on bike and over the windmills to home, as one does :yes:

Was great to put for faces to handles, I enjoy the social side as much as the riding. And yep, really looking forward to the next one! :clap:

Her_C4
6th January 2008, 11:01
What a fantastic day from a spectator’s perspective.:niceone: HOT HOT HOT – had to take Max out for quite a few wee walks into the shade of a band of a trees out the back but he LOVES being around the bikes, and for a wee dog, he is incredibly well behaved. :eek: Nice to catch up with those that I knew and wonder about others that I thought I recognised from KB or other places.

I missed the first couple of rounds but then caught most of the rest (although fair to say I was pretty focused on the ‘race’ rounds). Really good skills displayed out there, although a pity a couple of riders in all the classes appeared to ‘chop up’ others as they rode through back markers etc. I guess that comes from not really knowing better?:pinch:

Really good turnout – I was being (or rather, trying to be!) helpful to the scrutineers (the REALLY important job with the stickers… ha ha ha:blank:) and even though I am allergic to numbers, I reckon I wouldn’t be far wrong if I said that there were over 150 bikes.

It was great to see so many different gorgeous bikes out there (and HEAPS of Ducati’s – very envious to see those lovely 1098’s out there:bleh: love those tri coloure models Tony, Matt you looked mighty fine out there!!), and so many ladies out there having a go – big ups to you all. Even those riders of both sexes that looked a bit tentative for their first time (?) gained heaps by the end of the day, and the huge smiles as they came off the track told a story of their own.

Next one 2nd March? I will be there – might even see if I can twist an arm or two and get ‘the mans’ race bike lowered for a day so I can have bit of a poodle as well…. (yer riiiiiiiiight!)

Sketchy_Racer
6th January 2008, 11:08
Must say it was a great day and Thanks to the Central Districts club for putting on such a well organised, well priced track day. It was awesome guys!

I really enjoyed getting on the bike and doing some laps. It's the first time i've felt comfortable on the bike at manfeild (mind you, only 2nd time ive been out) since my big crash so that was great.

Laps times were still down considering the condition of the track. I managed a one off 1:17 in the last session but it's not a race day so quite normal for times to be down (for me anyway)

Oh yeah I hope someone got some photos of a ratty looking RS125 (#47)

chanceyy
6th January 2008, 11:19
I took my wife for a ride on the back round the track. Last time we did that was 18 years back on a GSXR1100. She really enjoyed it, but said she remembered feeling safer on the 1100. She told me this morning she worked out why, the 1100 had more power, what a gal!

It was good to see Moe there & even better on the back of the bike .. am sure she said she brought banana cake .. but did not spy it :eek: next time ..
Next up for the pillion ride was Chanceyy. I thought I was paying her back for all the help she gave me on the bike a few months back (I offered a road ride in return) Turns out, it was just for the yummy chocolate cake she had baked and I still owe her the road ride! We started at the back, and ended up at the front behind the pace rider, have no idea how that occurred? :innocent:
hehe yup gawd that was fun fun fun .. & great to learn lines but need to see them while on the road since thats where i do most of my riding :lol: ... hehehe:devil2: .. I know how we managed to get from the very back to just behind the lead rider ...:killingme combination of horsepower & the fantabulous riders experience ... the "hot laps" wow loved it

Was great to put for faces to handles, I enjoy the social side as much as the riding. And yep, really looking forward to the next one! :clap:

the social aspect is definately what makes the day whole IMHO

Kendog
6th January 2008, 11:42
Thanks for the couple of laps showing me lines sugilite, it helped heaps.

huck farley
6th January 2008, 16:41
How did the track day at Manfield go? Any reports to share with KB????

Deano
6th January 2008, 16:48
I had a ball getting to grips with the SV650. First time on it and pretty sure I got into the 1.18s by the end of the day.

Got past another well known SV650 race bike who will be my competition again this year in VMCC series.

The new seal is awesome although I don't know if the seams at splash will last long as there were stones and asphalt from the edges of the patches flicking off the rear wheel of the bike in front.

The sweeper is fantastic. As is the hairpin.

Well done to the CD club for a very well run day. I was very surprised that there was not much carnage (nearly none at all) given the number of bikes present.

Sparky Bills
6th January 2008, 17:29
Thats great news!
Im looking forward to riding on it!

cowboyz
6th January 2008, 17:37
yep. fantastic day. track was awesome. weather was fantastic. I didnt hear of a single bin which is good.

But where are the photos? Have only seen one from Mrs Kendog and thats it. Usually the website would be swarming with photos fromthe trackday by now.

Slingshot
6th January 2008, 18:00
I really enjoyed getting on the bike and doing some laps. It's the first time i've felt comfortable on the bike at manfeild (mind you, only 2nd time ive been out) since my big crash so that was great.

Laps times were still down considering the condition of the track. I managed a one off 1:17 in the last session but it's not a race day so quite normal for times to be down (for me anyway)

You were looking sharp out there, I watched you in one of the afternoon sessions and you were putting good distance between you and other groups of riders that you passed (they would have been on bigger bikes too).

And you passed Sherriffs, did you go an introduce yourself?

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2008, 18:13
I absolutely loved my 2 laps! Fuck it was a hot day, shame I blew up the bike I was riding really..... Luckily the prognosis isnt looking too bad for the engine at the moment though. Fingers crossed!

325rocket
6th January 2008, 18:47
was a really good day.
gonna sound like a noob here but who were those really fast yellow guys on the yamahas?

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2008, 19:38
was a really good day.
gonna sound like a noob here but who were those really fast yellow guys on the yamahas?

Whatever you do, dont question the yellow guy's. You dont wanna be making enemies..... they're heroes ya know! :yawn:

chanceyy
6th January 2008, 19:51
I absolutely loved my 2 laps! Fuck it was a hot day, shame I blew up the bike I was riding really..... Luckily the prognosis isnt looking too bad for the engine at the moment though. Fingers crossed!

will definately keep fingers crossed for you guys .. was gutting to see you sitting on the side of the track ..

yep. fantastic day. track was awesome. weather was fantastic. I didnt hear of a single bin which is good.

But where are the photos? Have only seen one from Mrs Kendog and thats it. Usually the website would be swarming with photos fromthe trackday by now.
guess we were all to busy riding to take pics .. camera was in the car .. forgot to take it out .. but yeah am still buzzing bout the day .. wonder if the vic club are holding a track day this yr as well .. can not wait for the next one :Punk:

Whatever you do, dont question the yellow guy's. You dont wanna be making enemies..... they're heroes ya know! :yawn:

are they really heroes or just in their own heads ... :doh:

Str8 Jacket
6th January 2008, 19:54
will definately keep fingers crossed for you guys .. was gutting to see you sitting on the side of the track ..

Im just glad that I had my ciggies with me! The top end of the engine is fine, barrel, power valves and piston are fine but the big end bearing on the conrod is fooked. Kinda lucky in a sucky kinda way..... :mellow:

chanceyy
6th January 2008, 19:59
Im just glad that I had my ciggies with me! The top end of the engine is fine, barrel, power valves and piston are fine but the big end bearing on the conrod is fooked. Kinda lucky in a sucky kinda way..... :mellow:

nods .. I think Malcom did say he thought it was the bottom end ...:shit: .. well hope its fixed soon chicky

Grub
6th January 2008, 20:11
... who were those really fast yellow guys on the yamahas?

They're a bunch of wannabies who think looking cool and cheating might make them famous riders. All I saw was them taking the "front row" on the dummy grid, making sure their hair was nicely done and roaring off down pit lane at race speeds - plonkers.

Craig Shirriffs was on the track about a minute later and had reeled them in within about 8 laps (maybe less). He went past them like they were standing still - I nearly wet myself I was so excited at seeing them humiliated. Oh yeah and they had been there all day Friday practising too ... lol

Sparky Bills
6th January 2008, 20:38
Were Bernards boys there?

Kendog
6th January 2008, 20:40

There are some photos out there from my camera, I will let the photographer post some more that he likes.

robertydog
6th January 2008, 20:48
Were Bernards boys there?

The whole crew:clap:

rottiguy
6th January 2008, 21:04
http://picasaweb.google.com/rottiguy/Manfieldtrackday
not sure how to hotlink to the photo site yet, so thouse of you who know how to copy and paste.... go go gadget mobile :)
oh well how about that then it hotlinks when ya post..... super :wacko:

chanceyy
6th January 2008, 21:05
http://picasaweb.google.com/rottiguy/Manfieldtrackday
not sure how to hotlink to the photo site yet, so thouse of you who know how to copy and paste.... go go gadget mobile :)
oh well how about that then it hotlinks when ya post..... super :wacko:

cheers for that colin .. remind me to show you how to linky words when I pop over next :lol: bling for the pics .. Yipeeeeee

cowboyz
6th January 2008, 21:27
yay. some pics! cheers for that.

Hawkeye
6th January 2008, 21:59
I have one or two photo's I'm not the best photographer but here they are:

Due to the file size, I've cropped or resized them so they aren't as clear as they could be. If anyone wants the original, just PM me.

Hawkeye
6th January 2008, 22:08
And more....

chanceyy
6th January 2008, 22:12
HI guys

have merged the threads regarding the Manfield track day to keep all the pics info & discussion together

cheers chanceyy

Hawkeye
6th January 2008, 22:15
And yet more:

Hawkeye
6th January 2008, 22:18
And some more:

huck farley
7th January 2008, 08:16
was a really good day.

Probably Jason Hulme #12 from Wanganui, and Brian Bernard they both would have been breaking motors in.

skelstar
7th January 2008, 08:55
Not sure if I can post a great deal from work but heres a few teasers until I get home maybe:

1. flame shows the boys the way
2. Deano on his new SV
3. The Drew sharing his cooking recipes with Yoshie
4. Hayden? Hayden Fitzgerald maybe? Bloody nice looking bike none the less

skelstar
7th January 2008, 09:01
1. That Hayden guy and some other rider...
2. Jimbo600 leading mates Yoshie and Tazman (W.A.N.K hardcore)
3. Gunner (Troy) hauling arse in the race group
4. Jay Lawrence showing off his titanium knee sliders

skelstar
7th January 2008, 09:06
1. Glen Williams
2. Crazylittleshit leads MD out of the sweeper
3. Gunner in the sweeper
4. #37 down pit straight

NZsarge
7th January 2008, 09:08
1. Glen Williams
3. Gunner in the sweeper
4. #37 down pit straight

Nice.......

skelstar
7th January 2008, 09:09
1. A sated group of riders form up behind the celebrated Mrs K (performed her feats on Saturday....)
2. Kendog passes a can of Sprite. Special thanks to the lady in the marshal booth at turn one for the drink!
3. Tony.ok on his newly finished CBR (I think) in turn one
4. et al (Malcom) exiting turn one

Trudes
7th January 2008, 09:19
4. A sated group of riders form up behind the celebrated Mrs K (performed her feats on Saturday....)

OMG!! You are so going the right way for a smacked bottom!!! Does that mean I won the race???

I think you're still a little miffy that I kicked your bum at singstar aren't you?? lol

skelstar
7th January 2008, 09:29
I should mention a BIG thank you to the 'Kdogs for the use of their camera. Bit of a learning experience for me, now (having got back) I know what settings to use and where the best places are for taking photos.

Main mistake I made was setting the ISO to 800 (waaaay too grainy), not something like 100/200 (would be much finer). Also the shutter speed was too high in most photos on the inside of corners (not enough blur), ~125/s or 160/s is about right for the inside of the corners, on the outside of the corners I think [much] faster is better.

u4ea
7th January 2008, 09:39
I should mention a BIG thank you to the 'Kdogs for the use of their camera. Bit of a learning experience for me, now (having got back) I know what settings to use and where the best places are for taking photos.

Main mistake I made was setting the ISO to 800 (waaaay too grainy), not something like 100/200 (would be much finer). Also the shutter speed was too high in most photos on the inside of corners (not enough blur), ~125/s or 160/s is about right for the inside of the corners, on the outside of the corners I think [much] faster is better.

That pic of Jay doing the sparky thing is dam impressive!:rockon:So pat yourself on the back..brilliant!!!
:yes:

Trudes
7th January 2008, 10:03
It's a dirty job Skels, but someone had to do it eh!!! You got some kewl pics, I'm sure I speak for the camera owner in saying you can use it to take photos of us (on the track) anytime, you did a good job! Only disappointed you didn't stick around to take photos of me carving up the track on the Gixxer (ok, stop laughing now!):laugh:
Good work buddy!

skelstar
7th January 2008, 10:27
Only disappointed you didn't stick around to take photos of me carving up the track on the Gixxer (ok, stop laughing now!):laugh:
Yeah my 'ride' was leaving. I tell you theres some friggin awesome places to watch the fast bikes go round and round.

Slingshot
7th January 2008, 11:15
Very nice pics Skels...holding out for you to get home from work...hoping you may have a pic of me???

Kendog
7th January 2008, 11:19
I should mention a BIG thank you to the 'Kdogs for the use of their camera.

Any time. There are some great pics in there and like you said, it's a learning experience each time you take a photo.

skelstar
7th January 2008, 11:19
Very nice pics Skels...holding out for you to get home from work...hoping you may have a pic of me???
1. Slingshot
2. Slingshot
3. Slingshot

It's all about you buddy ;)

skelstar
7th January 2008, 11:29
Any time. There are some great pics in there and like you said, it's a learning experience each time you take a photo.

Might take the laptop out next time... really hard to know what 'technique' to use. I have a much better idea for next time [someone loans me their nice camera] :)

jimbo600
7th January 2008, 11:50
Damn fine effort on the photos Skels'

Personaly I would have polarised the blues a little, adjusted the f no to account for a tiny bit of chromatic aberration, overridden the camera settings to allow for diffuse reflectance and of course accepting the spectral total radiance factor.

Apart from that excellent work.

slowpoke
7th January 2008, 12:03
Damn fine effort on the photos Skels'

Personaly I would have polarised the blues a little, adjusted the f no to account for a tiny bit of chromatic aberration, overridden the camera settings to allow for diffuse reflectance and of course accepting the spectral total radiance factor.

Apart from that excellent work.

Sir, for an Englishman you have a suprisingly poor grasp of the language.......

dhunt
7th January 2008, 12:07
That's me in #1 getting a good taste of reality as Hayden Fitzerald comes flying past :2thumbsup I wouldn't be able to get a copy of a orginal?

skelstar
7th January 2008, 12:12
Just for that I'm going to ask you what that all means next time we ride.

That's me in #1 getting a good taste of reality as Hayden Fitzerald comes flying past :2thumbsup I wouldn't be able to get a copy of a orginal?
Flick me ya email address.

I call the pic below "Trude-orama"...

Str8 Jacket
7th January 2008, 12:15
Sean, I can not believe that you did not get a single photo of me. I mean I was sitting in the middle of the track for long enough, hmmpf!

jimbo600
7th January 2008, 12:33
Sir, for an Englishman you have a suprisingly poor grasp of the language.......

Yes, I'm having a bad run of late. Must be due to the holiday atmosphere. Or maybe its because I'm slowly becoming more and more Kiwi aye bro'

Slingshot
7th January 2008, 12:49
1. Slingshot
2. Slingshot
3. Slingshot

It's all about you buddy ;)

Nice one!!! :niceone:

Thanks heaps...you can use my camera next time :)

the yoshie
7th January 2008, 13:53

Thanks for the greats photo's just next time jimbo be in second, a jimbo

skelstar
7th January 2008, 14:00
Heh heh ....

koba
7th January 2008, 14:12
Was the rg the only casualty of the day?
Rooted bigend, everything else SEEMS fine at this point!
My wallet is very happy the powervalves escaped damage.

chanceyy
7th January 2008, 14:22
great pics there skel :Punk:

Str8 Jacket
7th January 2008, 14:27
Was the rg the only casualty of the day?
Rooted bigend, everything else SEEMS fine at this point!
My wallet is very happy the powervalves escaped damage.

And if ya hadnt let that menacing, bike-destroying, girlfriend of your's on it then there probably would'nt have been any casualties!!

chanceyy
7th January 2008, 14:31
And if ya hadnt let that menacing, bike-destroying, girlfriend of your's on it then there probably would'nt have been any casualties!!

when she is gonna go she is gonna go .. realistically chick it would have gone on malcom if he had been riding her second ..

Str8 Jacket
7th January 2008, 14:33
when she is gonna go she is gonna go .. realistically chick it would have gone on malcom if he had been riding her second ..

Yeah I know! But *you* make it sound so damn naughty! hehehe

chanceyy
7th January 2008, 14:34
Yeah I know! But *you* make it sound so damn naughty! hehehe

:whistle: what did we say "hairy lemons" :killingme

crazylittleshit
7th January 2008, 16:39
1. Glen Williams
3. Gunner in the sweeper
4. #37 down pit straight

nice shots dude :)

Drew
7th January 2008, 17:45
Wicked shots there skels, pay no heed to Jimbos ramblings, what would he know anyway?

Sparky Bills
7th January 2008, 18:12
That track looks great!!
I SOOOOO gota get up there for a ride!!

skelstar
7th January 2008, 18:14
That track looks great!!
I SOOOOO gota get up there for a ride!!
I didn't take my bike up there, was thankful I didn't when I saw the queues for sign-in, but did a complete double-take when I saw the new seal in the sweeper. Yummy.

wilber
7th January 2008, 22:44
Awesome day my 1st track day ,very nice resealed track took not to many pics either sitting in queue to get on track or hiding in the shade with the kb crew .
pics 1-4 lunch time drags

wilber
7th January 2008, 22:52
Some more pics while wandering around
pic 2 mini kb gathering of bikes
pic 3 some of the crew

wilber
7th January 2008, 22:56
These caught my eye very nice indeed

koba
8th January 2008, 06:29
These caught my eye very nice indeed

That blue duke thing was awesome aye!
I spent a fair bit of time steering at it, so clean and well presented too!

Str8 Jacket
8th January 2008, 06:47
I spent a fair bit of time steering at it

Lucky that you didnt manage to run it over! :p

skelstar
8th January 2008, 07:58
Lucky that you didnt manage to run it over! :p
.... and probably just as well you didn't ride it! :p

the yoshie
8th January 2008, 08:32
Heh heh ....

Thanks again Skelster for the great photos I like this one the best sorry jimbo

madmal64
8th January 2008, 18:53
Bloody awesome pic's there Sean!
Had a really great day. Good to get the Ape out on the track for its 1st track day. Seems like Ive had it for ever and never had it on a track.
Good to see plenty other KB folks up there too.

sugilite
8th January 2008, 19:17
Thanks for the couple of laps showing me lines sugilite, it helped heaps.

Sugi for the offer to follow, pity you're too fast, even when you're trying to go slow!! pics

Yeah, sorry about that Trude, it was a little tricky keeping tabs without mirrors and carrying a pillion lol.
I've been thinking about this, I could do one slow session in the morning and one in the arvo. you guys and any other Kber's that want to tag along are welcome to follow some lines. We will wait till everyone else has taken off so we can get a little space and that will make it easier to keep tabs on ya's :yes:

Toast
8th January 2008, 19:35

Damn I gotta buy me some of those!!! Bling!!

chanceyy
8th January 2008, 19:44
Yeah, sorry about that Trude, it was a little tricky keeping tabs without mirrors and carrying a pillion lol.
I've been thinking about this, I could do one slow session in the morning and one in the arvo. you guys and any other Kber's that want to tag along are welcome to follow some lines. We will wait till everyone else has taken off so we can get a little space and that will make it easier to keep tabs on ya's :yes:

that would be awesome sugi .. I slowed down cause I could see you behind me .. but since you went past in a group missed seeing me .. & no way was I or betsy gonna catch ya :lol: ... but the lap we did do was blardy great

codgyoleracer
8th January 2008, 20:18
Cheers CDMCC for yet another wicked day:niceone: It was awesome fun, hot, sticky, smelly, but BLARDY awesome!

And thanks to all the guys in Race class that unknowingly taught me heaps about corner speed when ya's flew by. When I grow up Im going to ride like Glen:woohoo:;)

Stinkin hot day, huge turn out, very few bingles, - Flame you are definatly getting there & your other half is getting there even quicker. Keep doin the laps & the speed will come (hopefully without the pain) but no guarantees aye !

See you all at the next one.
Glen

jimbo600
9th January 2008, 10:56

Heh heh ....

Yeah suck it up. Kick a one armed man when he's down aye?

the yoshie
9th January 2008, 11:24
Yeah suck it up. Kick a one armed man when he's down aye?

He who wants to finish first - first must finish:doctor: