PDA

View Full Version : Airhawk motorcycle seat system

Bike-aholic
17th December 2007, 13:46
Hands up for those here that get a sore butt even after riding a short distance :headbang:

Well the Air Hawk Motorcycle Seat i can highly recommend, you dont need much air in it and you don't feel you a sitting to high either.
I bought 2 and went off the sizing chart for the hayabusa but my partner wasn't happy with the pillion one (a bit small) and like the medium one i had so guess who has that one hmm not me. So contacted the guy in the US who sold it to me and no problems with replacing it just had to pay the extra shipping.

I couldn't believe the difference it made, first thoughts were it's ok, until you get the right amount of air into it (just enough so it doesn't bottom out when you sit on it). When you take it off and sit back on the bike (and i thought the hayabusa had a nice comfy seat) thats when you realise the seat is a hard as a rock ( clicks on AC/DC mp3 ).

So pleased to find the Airhawk befor the big tour down to the south island in Feb.

The guy i dealt with his name is Dan and was bloody helpful and had the best price for both Airhawk and shipping, 10/10 for service and making the customer happy and gets the 2 thumbs up :niceone::niceone: from both me and my partner, thanks Dan..

Here is some contact deails if you want to get one.
Thanks.

Daniel L. Winter
allbrand@ddcnet.com

http://stores.ebay.com/All-Brands-of-Things_Airhawk_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2593702QQfti dZ2QQtZkm

The Pastor
17th December 2007, 21:59
Its not a system, its a seat.

"dry flotation technology" = bag of air.

Sounds like a good idea, but man does it reek of marketing BS.

DougB
17th December 2007, 22:06
The instructions for running in my new Burgman 400 maxi scooter was to keep to 4000RPM for the first 800km's.
This caused a real actual pain in the butt which the bursts of speed stipulated did lot lessen. 4000 rpm = 50kmph.

I purchased an Airhawk on E-bay and my pain was relieved. I would not be without it now.

When I got my first bike in 1953 it had a single seat and
I purchased an air seat for it so it is not a new idea.

There is an Australian selling them but his price for an inferior model is higher than the top grade seat on E-bay

Bike-aholic
17th December 2007, 22:53
The instructions for running in my new Burgman 400 maxi scooter was to keep to 4000RPM for the first 800km's.
This caused a real actual pain in the butt which the bursts of speed stipulated did lot lessen. 4000 rpm = 50kmph.

I purchased an Airhawk on E-bay and my pain was relieved. I would not be without it now.

When I got my first bike in 1953 it had a single seat and
I purchased an air seat for it so it is not a new idea.

There is an Australian selling them but his price for an inferior model is higher than the top grade seat on E-bay

Yep that Airhawk is great and my butt loves it:eek: stops that burning butt and nubness.
Had read alot of articles on seat cushions from the butt buster to the airhawk and the airhawk got the thumbs up everytime and was used the most in saddlesore 1000 in the US.

fergie
18th December 2007, 06:06
I got mine from airhawke.com.au very comfy, would not be without it.

Pancakes
18th December 2007, 23:04
Its not a system, its a seat.

Sounds like a good idea, but man does it reek of marketing BS.

If the price is right and it works then its all good eh? If I owned the rights to a product (not a shit one of course) I'd do what it took to get some money out of potential customers too.

The Pastor
19th December 2007, 08:20
i think a good product speaks louder than wanky slogans and words, if no one told me that airhawk are good, i'd be turned off by those words.

trumpy
19th December 2007, 11:01
[QUOTE=renegade master;1344847]Its not a system, its a seat.

That's exactly what it is. Nothing new in this technology folks, we have been using this in the rehabilitation industry for nearly 30 years. Glad to see biking world has finally caught up.
Major reason you are seeing a number of these types of product is that that the patent ran out for the originator relatively recently.