PDA

View Full Version : Loan bike fun

Tank
18th December 2007, 09:00
What can I say - the M50 is in for some work and I was given a loaner by Holshot.

Being that Im on L plates I was given a 250cc or under - and this time it was a Kawasaki Balius.

I think shes a 4 cyl 150 cc.

Not being used to a pegs behind position - it was a little different but within a few K's I was used to it - but difference in chuckability and a 19,000 rpm red line had be grinning from ear to ear and giggling like a schoolgirl when I got home.

What can I say - I can actually see myself buying a sports bike as well as the M50 for the odd fun day and popping to the shops etc.

So nice trying 'different' types of bike and appreciating what others see in their bikes.

So all - when you get a loaner next time your bike is in the shop - try to get something totally different to what you would normally ride - it can make for an enjoyable experience.

Taz
18th December 2007, 09:10
Balius Is a 250cc. Must be quite a step up from your 50 :shifty:

Devil
18th December 2007, 10:19
Yeah I used to have one of those, hilarious. Especially with the angry mousquito F1 sound track :D

*cough*. They'll do at least 175km/h you know ;)

fireball
18th December 2007, 10:24
ahhh loan bike fun!

Rawberry is going in for new breaks and chain in about 1500ks so as long as i dont get another GN :2thumbsup
ill ask for the kawka or that little CBR150 they have sitting there!

when do you get your wheels back?

Tank
18th December 2007, 10:52
ahhh loan bike fun!

Rawberry is going in for new breaks and chain in about 1500ks so as long as i dont get another GN :2thumbsup
ill ask for the kawka or that little CBR150 they have sitting there!

when do you get your wheels back?

Hopefully getting the bike back today.

I asked if I could have the Triumph Rocket III or the Suzuki B-King and they wouldnt let me have it on my licence !!!! pffft! (Just joking!!!)

fireball
18th December 2007, 11:02
Hopefully getting the bike back today.

I asked if I could have the Triumph Rocket III or the Suzuki B-King and they wouldnt let me have it on my licence !!!! pffft! (Just joking!!!)

well next time can you see if they let you grab the VTR tell them its a honda it shouldnt matter... need someone to test it for me as a certain other half wants one... :lol: and im very wary of what she gets safety and all that!

:crybaby: maybe im jealous? here on my 250....

suckingair
18th December 2007, 15:22
I'd have killed for a loaner bike, even a 50cc moped. Got knock off of mine 3 weeks ago and I have been driving from Pukekohe to East Tamaki for that time.. slow death.

Can't wait to get my baby back, even if it is raining outside.

vifferman
18th December 2007, 15:57
So all - when you get a loaner next time your bike is in the shop - try to get something totally different to what you would normally ride - it can make for an enjoyable experience.
I've only ever had two (2!) loaners: a clapped-out Honda 125 Lead (as in the metal) scooter, and a clapped out Suzuki TU250. I had to put some effort into finding fun on them. The Suzuki was the hardest - I was so busy being pissed off/insulted/scared about not being able to keep up to motorway speeds, that it wasn't until I found out how great the light weight and super-boingy suspension were for bouncing over speed humps that I started to derive any fraction of the pleasure I normally get from bikes from riding it.
It was still a piece of crap.

vifferman
18th December 2007, 15:58
Rawberry is going in for new breaks and chain in about 1500ks
So, what bits are they breaking? :confused:

fireball
18th December 2007, 16:06
So, what bits are they breaking? :confused:

:lol: hopefully the right parts....:2thumbsup