PDA

View Full Version : VTR1000F double bubble screens

NZred
6th August 2003, 15:33
I have been looking many brands dubble bubble screens on the net.. I like the "Zero Gravity" Doulble bubble screens and have desided to order direct from USA.

If anyone else would like a screen,.. the cost of frieght is less for two or three ordered at the same time.

COST,.. approximatly .. ( NZ$193.31 plus customs and clearance.)(Ex Aussie is NZ$247.20 plus customs and clearances)

SO,.. if you would like one.. let me know.  I can't give anyone any credit terms ,.. I'm not a bank.  :rolleyes:

** Also pricing higher quality ' Puig Racing Screens' **  :)

Ref: Kiwistorm

wkid_one
6th August 2003, 17:54
Don't buy in Australia - too expensive - source the screen from the UK - much cheaper

NZred
6th August 2003, 19:34
I did look there,.. NZ$152.00 .. before you add shipping costs :Oops:

Also looked at Metisse...

wkid_one
6th August 2003, 20:28
Mine was $135 landed in NZ at my door - total costs.  You won't have customs duty as under $500 NZ

bikerboy
6th August 2003, 20:48
Hey NZRED, I got a zero gravity one for my 996. A great screen but not the cheapest.

Did you try KIWI on this site? He brings in MRA and they can be cheaper depending on exchange rates at time of order. The quality is very good, equal to ZG, but the profile is a little higher giving just that much more wind protection. The ZG is very low for a dbl bbl.

To do it over again I'd get the MRA as I get a bit of turbulence at speeds over 140 unless I tuck down.

Hope this helps.:done:

NZred
8th August 2003, 15:13
Wkid_one,..

Mine was $135 landed in NZ at my door - total costs.  You won't have customs duty as under $500 NZ

What breed of screen did you get at that price.. and from whom?

NZred
18th August 2003, 20:02
:angry2:  surpliers can not give firm prices including shipping,.. so bugger them.. :angry2:

No stock locally :rolleyes:

wkid_one
19th August 2003, 06:59
Gold Iridium PowerBronze screen - I will hunt the website down for you....same specs as the OEM one.

I too bought one (with Kiwistorm) and suffer from a brittle screen - so you need to be careful - I talked to them on the phone and confirmed thickness etc to match the OEM screen - they were bloody good

bikerboy
19th August 2003, 15:53
:) My Zero Gravity scren is four going on five years and still looks perfect.
They are guaranteed not to craze, crack or get brittle. They are not the cheapest but I guess you get what you pay for. Mine was about $160-170 but that was when the dollar was much lower.
:D

www.zerogravity.com :done:

bungbung
27th August 2003, 10:42
Hey NZRed,

What is the latest on the screens? I am quite tall and find the oem screen too low. How much higher is a double-bubble?

NZred
27th August 2003, 11:17
Hi BungBung,

Apparently the Zero Gravity Screen does not have as high a bubble as other brands,.. and there are higher quality screens available at a higher price.

At this time I am quite put off by the responce I have had from possable surpliers. :angry2:

Even a driect approach to the makers is side stepped to there outlets,.. Puig, MRA, ZG, Airblade,  etc..  :(

So far there is a price advantage Ex-USA, but they refer to locals surply also :rolleyes: .. The price ex-Aussie, or England, is a bit too high.

There is a local accessory company that has just started a line of  ' F.Fabbri ' screens.. so maybe there will be some here by summer  :cool:

Brian.

bungbung
27th August 2003, 11:29
Cheers Brian,

Fingers crossed for a local supplier then.

Ola

NZred
12th September 2003, 13:38
Hi Ola,

:D:niceone:  side veiw

Kiwi
12th September 2003, 15:32
looks like a MRA racing screen - u forgot the clips on the edge trim :D

see ya

Kiwi

NZred
12th September 2003, 21:45
Puig Racing actually..  :rockon:

?? What clips ??  :confused: :eek:

Kiwi
12th September 2003, 23:33
to secure the edge trim

see ya

Kiwi

NZred
23rd September 2003, 14:55
It didn't come with clips.. and is sitting on well now. The first shot was taken within minutes of fitting.

It works well.. changes the air flow completely.:love:

NZred
28th September 2003, 09:19
Would any other Fire Storm riders like a screen ???  :niceone:

PM me :)