PDA

View Full Version : zxr 250 rear shock help

mattd
5th November 2004, 09:47
Hey, the rear shock on my zxr 250c has seemed to have lost all its oil onto the garage floor. Now i was wondering if u can replace the oil seals or if a new shock is needed? also does anyone know the aproximate prices for a new one,a cheap new one i mean, not some tech fancy racing one :scooter: .
thanks.

aff-man
5th November 2004, 09:58
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts/Frames-suspension-bodywork/auction-18036206.htm

if you looking second hand :Punk:

mattd
5th November 2004, 17:51
thanks. looks like its the best deal. just hope its not nearly shaged like mine.

Satch
5th November 2004, 23:04
Yeah man go for that, there a weak point in these bikes, ive gone thru 2, if ya want a gsxr one will fit in, i found it handled better on that 2

カワサキキド
6th November 2004, 12:14
I got a second hand master brake cylinder and new brake lever from Bikes n Bits in Hamilton, the price was resonable and the second had part was in excellent condition. And I got the parts the next day!
So if you have no luck on trademe give these guy a go..www.bikesnbits.co.nz

FROSTY
6th November 2004, 12:51
Dude if ya can wait you are welcolm to the shock from my zxr400--as soon as I get the olins sorted out and fitted to it.

aff-man
6th November 2004, 18:02
Dude if ya can wait you are welcolm to the shock from my zxr400--as soon as I get the olins sorted out and fitted to it.

How much did the olins coast if you don't mind my asking??

If i'm gonna keep the mighty zxr i wanna make it ride great :msn-wink:

mattd
8th November 2004, 07:15

Thanks for the offer, do u think it will be sweet to fit the 400 shock to a 250? how long before u get the olins?

mattd
8th November 2004, 21:30
it's all sweet, got shannon's shock today, hopefully get it in sometime this week (give me a break from study!). thanks for the help all.

WINJA
8th November 2004, 22:06
YOU CAN GET IT REBUILT BY TGEBE BRUIN ON THE NORTH SHORE HES REBUILT 4 STOCK SHOCKS FOR ME NEW OIL AND SEAL AND EVERYTHING