PDA

View Full Version : Ride south saturday morn

Firefight
5th November 2004, 14:51
Leaving Autobahn papakura 10.00 am sharp, small group of moderatly :ride: fast riders, via 22 to Hammy hole and some of us on to Kaimais and then to Tauranga, return maybe via Wahi ( Open to discussion) or return same :ride:

Contact :crazy: F/F 021 304 310.. this ride will not suit slower riders.

F/F :ride:

Cajun
5th November 2004, 14:53
i meant you hammy side of kiamais dc:< which way you coming thru te poi or matamata?

Firefight
5th November 2004, 14:59
i meant you hammy side of kiamais dc:< which way you coming thru te poi or matamata?

Not sure yet Neal, will check with the others later and let you know, I am night shift tonight, will ring you or pm you later.

Dave

Cajun
5th November 2004, 15:12
Not sure yet Neal, will check with the others later and let you know, I am night shift tonight, will ring you or pm you later.

Dave

sweet as ring the cell, i should have it on me, or just give me a bell tomorrow when ya hamilton area, and let me know which way you coming, and i meet ya in either

Two Smoker
5th November 2004, 15:43
Ill probably come along Dave....

V Twin Raver
5th November 2004, 16:09
Ill probably come along Dave....

He said it suited moderately fast people - not nana's like you ;)

Two Smoker
5th November 2004, 16:13
He said it suited moderately fast people - not nana's like you ;)Ah gutted, guess i will have too miss it lol.....

Firefight
6th November 2004, 05:43
So will it suit me then Dave?

You know it will Glen, see ya there mate.

F/F :innocent:

What?
6th November 2004, 05:55
Enjoy it Dave. I'll be home painting and doing chores :( Have to pay for a day out shooting tomorrow.

Cajun
6th November 2004, 06:08
Enjoy it Dave. I'll be home painting and doing chores :( Have to pay for a day out shooting tomorrow.

i will toot my horn as i go flying up the hill then what

Firefight
6th November 2004, 07:47

so it will be okay for us to drop in and distract you ?

Dave.

Firefight
6th November 2004, 07:50
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: look out side :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

What a day, just got home from work, (the long way :wacko: ),

Man its lookin good see you all at AB

Firefight. :wacko:

6Chris6
6th November 2004, 07:52
I'll come along on this ride, but will come back after Naruwahia if pace to hot for me :scooter:

Two Smoker
6th November 2004, 13:15
Sorry guys i slept in, i ended up going for a blat up north with SpankMe and Paparazzi.......

Hope you guys had an awesome time :niceone:

6Chris6
6th November 2004, 16:59
Leaving Autobahn papakura 10.00 am sharp, :crazy: F/F

:

:killingme :killingme :killingme

Nice try Dave.

Had a great ride back just myself and Marmoot (both a little jaded, but Marmoot for much more interesting reasons!)
What a day!
Cheers Dave

Two Smoker
6th November 2004, 17:08
:killingme :killingme :killingme

Nice try Dave.

Had a great ride back just myself and Marmoot (both a little jaded, but Marmoot for much more interesting reasons!)
What a day!
Cheers Dave
So who turned up, where did you go, and what happened???

Lord Pac
6th November 2004, 19:11
what a f*ing day!

FF you're a true legend! :niceone: thx for waiting for me with your squad @ AB!

Missed the turn- went with another group for a bit (man there were heaps bikers out tday!)- headed back did welsford- passed a few boys coming back. Was a magic day!

Hopefully I get to do the 22 soon!

Another beaut day tmrw! Might just be keen on kopu-whangamata- anyone interested?

Marmoot
6th November 2004, 22:19
another good ride.....about 80 bikes set off from Autobahn after 300 minutes waiting.
We went down to Ngarawhiahaha and stopped there for a break.
From there 20 bikes went straight back to Auckland through SH220 while the other 60 bikes went to......errr......where?
Very nice sunny ride apart from 10 minor incident

sAsLEX
7th November 2004, 00:54
i am tired got off bike after about 1000km or whart seemed like it(and maybe a few beers after), 22 hamilton matamata tauaranga wahi whanghamata kopu clevdon then home a long day but by god cant wait for next weekend, thanks for the company guys epsc FF and Vtwin Raver.

sAsLEX
7th November 2004, 00:57
hmm and if you have lost your fluro orange jacket Spud i may have found it???

Firefight
7th November 2004, 06:44
shit yeah, what a great day, after a normal KB (late )start our group headed off, did our normal Drury, Old GSR Ramarama, Bombay, Ridge Rd, Whangarata, Tuakau Bridge and down 22, heaps of good fast riders made for heaps of fun, road was at its best .

At Ngaruawhia we stopped for gas and did that guy talk shit thing, a couple of our mates headed back(I wish I had Marmoots reason for being tired) RIB went south via Whatawhata.

Our Group shot up SH1 to stinky Horotiu, then we chose the twistys to Gordonton rd(note to self make sure everyone knows the way nextime) along to Cambridge turn off and down a few staigths to Morrinsville, on to Matamata and meet with my good freind Neal(aka Banana man, aka Cajun)
more guy talk and the its off to play on the Kaimais, champs of the kaimais today were Glen folllowed closely by Mal, and then some ageing Firefighter.

After a :Police: free trip down "Whats" side of the Kiamais we took the bypass to the Waihi rd, again Mr :Police: was noticable by his/her absence so a good quick pace to Waihi, here we stopped and two of our mates decided to go home via Paeroa,, Mal, Alex and I went via Whangamata, Kopu, last stop for gas, and a slightly longer break, then we headed off to do Miranda, Kawakawa Bay and Clevedon, Just out of Kawakawa Bay Mal and I passed a dude on yellow Ductty thingy bike, :killingme when we stopped and waited for Alex eventually the dude on the duke turned up and stopped for a chat, nice guy, told us he was a bit suprised that he got passed :weep: , even offered to let us have a bit of a ride on his yellow thing :eek: .

Buy this time we were getting a bit tired :buggerd: , and a bit of H20 on the road caused the pace to slow a bit, at Clevedon the boys went there way on via Maraetai, I headed up over the hill to Hunua, ararimu ramarama and home... what a great day...

High lights of the day, No :Police: :Police: .

Trying to Catch Mal and Glen on the Kaimais.

No Bins.

Thanks to everyone who came with us part or all of the way, specail thanks to Neal for meeting us at Matamata.

Sorry we did not stop into see you ""What"", did not want to stop your good work, tooted as we flew past.

Firefight. :innocent:

2_SL0
7th November 2004, 07:49
Firefight dude that was my cousin lolol, he had just taken me out for my first big ride out to Miranda. You guys blew past me on the straight just after the trailer boat had pulled off the road. I could see you all behind me, "I thought christ Im going to get run over" lolol. I puttered past you guys when you had stopped at the dairy. I didnt see my cousin, just someone waving, (lolol it was my cousin) I just waved back and carried on my merry way, still thinking my cousin and Uncle were miles ahead of me. I had a feeling it may of been you on the R6 that went flying past me.
Soz I didnt stop but I was trying to catch my group up. Pity it got wet just into Clevedon. Oh well. Ill say hi next time.

Two Smoker
7th November 2004, 08:04
I miss all the fucking good rides :angry2:that will teach me to bloody sleep in...... and it would have been fun playing tag with all you guys.....

MotoGirl
7th November 2004, 08:22
shit yeah, what a great day, after a normal KB (late )start our group headed off, did our normal Drury, Old GSR Ramarama, Bombay, Ridge Rd, Whangarata, Tuakau Bridge and down 22, heaps of good fast riders made for heaps of fun, road was at its best .

At Ngaruawhia we stopped for gas and did that guy talk shit thing, a couple of our mates headed back(I wish I had Marmoots reason for being tired) RIB went south via Whatawhata.

Our Group shot up SH1 to stinky Horotiu, then we chose the twistys to Gordonton rd(note to self make sure everyone knows the way nextime) along to Cambridge turn off and down a few staigths to Morrinsville, on to Matamata and meet with my good freind Neal(aka Banana man, aka Cajun)
more guy talk and the its off to play on the Kaimais, champs of the kaimais today were Glen folllowed closely by Mal, and then some ageing Firefighter.

After a :Police: free trip down "Whats" side of the Kiamais we took the bypass to the Waihi rd, again Mr :Police: was noticable by his/her absence so a good quick pace to Waihi, here we stopped and two of our mates decided to go home via Paeroa,, Mal, Alex and I went via Whangamata, Kopu, last stop for gas, and a slightly longer break, then we headed off to do Miranda, Kawakawa Bay and Clevedon, Just out of Kawakawa Bay Mal and I passed a dude on yellow Ductty thingy bike, :killingme when we stopped and waited for Alex eventually the dude on the duke turned up and stopped for a chat, nice guy, told us he was a bit suprised that he got passed :weep: , even offered to let us have a bit of a ride on his yellow thing :eek: .

Buy this time we were getting a bit tired :buggerd: , and a bit of H20 on the road caused the pace to slow a bit, at Clevedon the boys went there way on via Maraetai, I headed up over the hill to Hunua, ararimu ramarama and home... what a great day...

High lights of the day, No :Police: :Police: .

Trying to Catch Mal and Glen on the Kaimais.

No Bins.

Thanks to everyone who came with us part or all of the way, specail thanks to Neal for meeting us at Matamata.

Sorry we did not stop into see you ""What"", did not want to stop your good work, tooted as we flew past.

Firefight. :innocent:

Yeah dave, i wanted to sit behind you and watch the another 600 does up there, i am playing with lines at moment, i have noticed when i go up its habit of just going up on the lines i use to do on the old 1100 its cause i went up there 3-4 times a week for a year on that thing, and a bit of a hard habit to brake.

But was a great day for a ride pity i couldn't do much more than a blast over the hill and back.

edit - doh loged in as wifes login oops

Firefight
7th November 2004, 08:48
Firefight dude that was my cousin lolol, he had just taken me out for my first big ride out to Miranda. You guys blew past me on the straight just after the trailer boat had pulled off the road. I could see you all behind me, "I thought christ Im going to get run over" lolol. I puttered past you guys when you had stopped at the dairy. I didnt see my cousin, just someone waving, (lolol it was my cousin) I just waved back and carried on my merry way, still thinking my cousin and Uncle were miles ahead of me. I had a feeling it may of been you on the R6 that went flying past me.
Soz I didnt stop but I was trying to catch my group up. Pity it got wet just into Clevedon. Oh well. Ill say hi next time.

Hey JB, yeah that was us, we were drooling over your cosins bike, the other two dudes were Mal on the Blue VTR and Alex on the the NC30, will try and meet up next time, I ride your way alot durning the week, do you know where Dave 750y lives, hes sort of in the Hunua area, bloody neat guy.

F/F

Firefight
7th November 2004, 08:55
Yeah dave, i wanted to sit behind you and watch the another 600 does up there, i am playing with lines at moment,

You would have been disappointed then, all I was doing was trying to catch the other two, what are these lines thingys that you are talking about ? :confused: , I was trying to hang on, so what did it look like ?

F/F :crazy:

NC
7th November 2004, 13:20
LOL
I was going to come for a ride over the Kaimai's to see you guys with Neal. But alas, I got too pissed the night before and had a late morning. I'm sure I would have ended up going for a chuck in my helmet halfway down the Kaimai's :laugh:
Most likely would have been way over the legal limit too...:blink:

Stuey
7th November 2004, 22:39
Just like to say thanx to firefight for the excursion on sat morn, its good to get out with a group that can actually ride reasonably fast, its been a while for me so i might take some time to keep up with the guys, plus, i was feeling a bit jaded after friday night!!! Thats my excuse anyway!!
Stuey.

What?
8th November 2004, 05:39
[QUOTE=Firefight]
Sorry we did not stop into see you ""What"", did not want to stop your good work, tooted as we flew past.[QUOTE]
Heard the toot, guessed it might have been you.
Shame you didn't stop in - coffee was on and I hate painting anyway...
Still, I had a day out Sunday, shot (at) 100 targets of sporting clays at Paeroa, got sunburnt and tired. Now I get to ride to work next 3 days - I work at Lichfield now, so get some good riding. But, damn, ain't it slippery up the top of the hill, and down by Ruahihi? Bloody scary in the wet!

Firefight
8th November 2004, 05:52
[QUOTE=Firefight]
Sorry we did not stop into see you ""What"", did not want to stop your good work, tooted as we flew past.[QUOTE]
Heard the toot, guessed it might have been you.
Shame you didn't stop in - coffee was on and I hate painting anyway...
Still, I had a day out Sunday, shot (at) 100 targets of sporting clays at Paeroa, got sunburnt and tired. Now I get to ride to work next 3 days - I work at Lichfield now, so get some good riding. But, damn, ain't it slippery up the top of the hill, and down by Ruahihi? Bloody scary in the wet!

Yeah that was us, sorry, thought you might end up giving us a paint brush :disapint: , thats not a bad blat Your place to Lichfield which way do you go ?, I milked cows there about 150 years ago.

F/F :wavey:

Firefight
8th November 2004, 05:56
Just like to say thanx to firefight for the excursion on sat morn, its good to get out with a group that can actually ride reasonably fast, its been a while for me so i might take some time to keep up with the guys, plus, i was feeling a bit jaded after friday night!!! Thats my excuse anyway!!
Stuey.

It was great to meet you Stuey, glad you enjoyed the ride, look fwd to having you with us on another ride soon.

F/F

Cajun
8th November 2004, 06:40
You would have been disappointed then, all I was doing was trying to catch the other two, what are these lines thingys that you are talking about ? :confused: , I was trying to hang on, so what did it look like ?

F/F :crazy:

hahahaha shrug, just following why you go around, the wife is faster than me up the kamais. but i have also had some insane slides coming in to corners there so that never helps

V Twin Raver
8th November 2004, 07:18
Thanks for the company guys - great ride had. Nice to meet you Stuey & Glen. Glen - glad to see the brakes working all good - sorry about that - really dumb move on my part, I am REALLY slutted at myself for that. Good to see all you guys out for the run through 22 - I had a blast through there.

To F/F & Alex - awesome to ride with you both over the entire distance - I was shattered when I got home over 500km later - took Mrs VTR out for dinner, had 2 beers & it time for a sleep on the couch.

Pity about the traffic on the Waihi/Whangamata Road but the windys on the run thru to Hikaui (sp?) and especially Miranda/Kawakawa made up for it.

Can't wait for the next jaunt.

2_SL0
8th November 2004, 11:06
Hey JB, yeah that was us, we were drooling over your cosins bike, the other two dudes were Mal on the Blue VTR and Alex on the the NC30, will try and meet up next time, I ride your way alot durning the week, do you know where Dave 750y lives, hes sort of in the Hunua area, bloody neat guy.

F/F

I know he lives out here somewhere, I plan to go for a ride with him once Im up to speed.

dss3
8th November 2004, 13:21
Think I may have spotted you'll coming outta the servo at Ngara's, If I had of recognised ya I would have turned around and joined in the fun, instead I went and played out 22 way.... f*&k'n roadworks!, me and my bike both covered in tar!! Bring on summer and more days like that...

_daryl

Cajun
8th November 2004, 14:18
Think I may have spotted you'll coming outta the servo at Ngara's, If I had of recognised ya I would have turned around and joined in the fun, instead I went and played out 22 way.... f*&k'n roadworks!, me and my bike both covered in tar!! Bring on summer and more days like that...

_daryl

yeah they said they saw you when i meet them in matamata

Firefight
8th November 2004, 15:27

_daryl

yeah we thought it was you, I waited to see if you came after us, but figured you must have had another plan.

F/F :(

dss3
8th November 2004, 16:03
yeah we thought it was you, I waited to see if you came after us, but figured you must have had another plan.

F/F :(

Nah, no plan... went to go practise getting knee down, only to find that my favourite corner had just been covered with wet tar! Didn't realise you guys were riding, otherwise probably would have "clicked" that it was you. Probably wasn't good idea to go for big ride anyways... steering header bearing things knackered, off to shop to get fixed this week ($$$)

Next time.... :soon:

c ya
_Daryl

What?
9th November 2004, 05:17
...thats not a bad blat Your place to Lichfield which way do you go ?, I milked cows there about 150 years ago.

F/F :wavey:
Turn off down Rapurapu road, left to Tapapa, right into SH5, left into Whited road, left into Harris road, then Domain road and onto SH1 by the Putaruru centre for failed mechanics. The Harris rd bit by-passes Put village and is a better surface.
37 minutes to work in the ute (and I don't drive slow) or 30 on the bike :whistle:

RiderInBlack
9th November 2004, 19:45
Thanks F/F for the ride. Hope I didn't hold too many of you young bucks as I nana the corners on "Roxanne":msn-wink: We had a good blast down Nga/Otoro and Te Ki to Taupo:Punk: Yep, manage to stuff the speedo by the time I got to Taupo:o The nylon bushing that drives the speedo cable on the outside of the Gear box housing got stipped. I was passing "cages" @ 30MPH. I didn't click until I looked at the rave counter. 60MPH is 4000RPM top gear on "Roxanne", I was doing 30MPH in top @ 5000RPM+:shit: :o