PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: I love the twisties ride (Saturday 22 December)

HornetBoy
20th December 2007, 17:53
Okay so me and illusivemenace are keen to go for a blast up to ratahei via the para para's have a drink then go where-ever from their around some backroads (maybe make a day out of it )

so anyone who is keen to join just say me :niceone: and we'll sort out some times and where people can meet us.

By the way its on Saturday the 22nd,10pm meeting at Pak N Save Wanganui

Hitcher
20th December 2007, 19:47
Raetihi. Famous for its International Airport* Backpackers.

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 09:19
Raetihi. Famous for its International Airport* Backpackers.

yes :msn-wink:.im just a bit woried about the friggern loose gravel around the para's dont want any slips :pinch: and the recent bike collisions happenng around their:crybaby:

illusivemenace
21st December 2007, 15:14
parys arnt looking to bad at mo was up there yesterday best ive seen them for awhile what time ya want to bugger of tomorro?

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 17:21
parys arnt looking to bad at mo was up there yesterday best ive seen them for awhile what time ya want to bugger of tomorro?

yea nice :niceone: was going to ask if you'd been up there lately ,your probably going to fly up there you know it so well.
umm when to leave ...im right for whenever aye ,8/9/10 ?

Hitcher
21st December 2007, 19:01
Mrs H and I are looking for an outing tomorrow. The Para loop may be just the ticket! The forecast is stunning.

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 20:24
Mrs H and I are looking for an outing tomorrow. The Para loop may be just the ticket! The forecast is stunning.

Well would ya like to join us :niceone: ?

illusivemenace
21st December 2007, 20:38
yep the more the merier duno about being faster than you you were riding bloody well last weekend

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 20:40
yep the more the merier duno about being faster than you you were riding bloody well last weekend

yea,might b to shorter notice for some :laugh: but hey the old man is going to come for a blast to (and bloody cane us both off lol)

blue eyed savage
21st December 2007, 20:55
where u leaving from?

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 20:57
where u leaving from?

well illusivemenace is meeting at my place but it would be easier for u to meet us at a petrol station a ....um say pak ' n 'save wanganui good for ya ?

blue eyed savage
21st December 2007, 20:58
sounds good. about 10ish, im comeing down from the NAKI

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 21:00
sounds good. about 10ish, im comeing down from the NAKI

Nice ,be good to have someone else ,k mate will catch ya then (youll have a brother cause illusive is on a bandit to :niceone: )

HornetBoy
21st December 2007, 21:16
Sweet so thats 4 of us ,just wish i could mount my vid camera to catch our ride :cool:

HornetBoy
22nd December 2007, 15:32
Yea bloody great ride that was ,some awsome backroads we did today ,will definitely have to do it again :Punk:

we ended up going:wanganui-paras-ratahei-oakune-backroad to paras-paras-wanganui-kai iwi backroad then home :woohoo:

will definately reccomend this route to everyone

Ride Story:
Left our house with illusive and my farther (hornetboy cnr) picked up blue eyed savage ,then off to the para's(which were in very good shape i must say ,saw some very nice cbr's and gsxr's along the way who were getting their knee down , had a couple of fish tailing along the para's and my farther on his hornet got a bit carried away and nearly crashed after passing a car and coming up to a bend that was steeper than he'd thought,but he was lucky enough to maneuver himself out of it :shit: stopped in ratahi and went to clowns cafe (bloody brilliant pies and chips lol) then petrol stop in oakune ,then went just out of oakune and turned off on a back road (which was bloody awsome,got my knee down on it ) then yea back down the para's where me and illusive rode with a very fast driving holden clubsport 702 ..which was very fast,but as always two wheels came out the winner :shifty: .( then illusive invited us over to his house were we meet miss menace lol and had some drinks (what a great way to end a day of riding) and did a little kai iwi back roads and then went home .:done:

HornetBoy
22nd December 2007, 15:51
Picture 1: HornetBoy CNR telling the story of his near death experience (he'd knocked over a roadside reflector thing going wide on a corner lol ,no damage thankfully)

Picture 2:Lets Eat!! after the para's we were bloody hungry and what better place to get a feed than clowns:bleh:

Picture 3:Quick stop for all but me for petrol (ive got a really big tank),and takeing in some great mountain views.

Picture 4:After the oakune to para's backroad ,talking about how great it was ,bloody hell those bandits go :niceone:

blue eyed savage
22nd December 2007, 16:42
that was a grat ride, we going to have to do something like that agane!

if ur ever in the naki and want to ride or a place to say let me know,
thanks, that was an awesome day.

HornetBoy
22nd December 2007, 16:47
that was a grat ride, we going to have to do something like that agane!

if ur ever in the naki and want to ride or a place to say let me know,
thanks, that was an awesome day.

Yea mate was great aye we should try do it again in janurary and do some other roads :yes:,there is another ride next weekend with some others if your keen (ashurst to the west coast )

im actually keen to explore new plymouth some saturday before the end of the holidays ,we'll have to maybe sort a ride out aye

blue eyed savage
22nd December 2007, 16:57
i cant do next weekend but after that anytime is good.

HornetBoy
22nd December 2007, 17:02
i cant do next weekend but after that anytime is good.

cool yea ill have a chat to luke (illusivemenace) and see if he is keen to join ,and see when he is free a .(boy u can ride that bandit fast :niceone: but otherwise we have to do some kind of day ride wanganui or taranaki in january a :devil2:

illusivemenace
22nd December 2007, 18:13
what an awsome days riding good roads good weather and good company cheers guys i had a blast ive got the next two weeks of so will always be up for a ride

HornetBoy
22nd December 2007, 18:17
what an awsome days riding good roads good weather and good company cheers guys i had a blast ive got the next two weeks of so will always be up for a ride

:niceone: aha sounds like a plan :devil2: will be going on this ride http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=63130 which is the one i was talking about ,but yea im keen to go for mid week blasts if your doing any ,just give me a txt