PDA

View Full Version : New barriers?

DEATH_INC.
20th December 2007, 18:13
MMMmmmmm, now this could be the answer...
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4307973.html

Pixie
21st December 2007, 18:44
Not unlike the barrier on the Mangere bridge.
Although I think the bridge barrier is filled with fine scoria.

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 06:28
Apparently these are cheap, easy to install and lighter, so ya can carry more on a truck, and don't need a fuckoff big crane to put 'em up, so are cheaper all round. I can't find much more info, but the LTSA know aboot 'em. It may be a good direction to push 'em towards, and it gives a viable alternative to the 'cutters. :banana:

Pixie
30th December 2007, 23:25
well duh, if they are on the mangere bridge, they were either put there by the LTNZ or by pixies

DEATH_INC.
9th January 2008, 20:40
well duh, if they are on the mangere bridge, they were either put there by the LTNZ or by pixies
Ummmm, so..... was it you? :whistle:

DEATH_INC.
9th January 2008, 20:41
Yeh, apparently similar to those, but I guess the new improved version.
I'm not sure that that patent is the exact one, I was told aboot 'em and that was the nearest I could find to the description I was given...

Mully
10th January 2008, 10:30
Sounds ideal. Guess the politicians can bitch less if we actually give them a valid alternative.

How much do these cost in comparison to the cheesecutters.

DEATH_INC.
15th January 2008, 19:52
Sounds ideal. Guess the politicians can bitch less if we actually give them a valid alternative.

How much do these cost in comparison to the cheesecutters.
Again, apparently it is quite favorable, the fact you can fit lotsa them on a truck and lift 'em fairly easy helps keep installation cost down. Sorry for the lack of solid no's, but it is s/h info , but from a good source.