PDA

View Full Version : Who's doin Pie Cock lately?

Babelfish
20th December 2007, 20:26
And by that I mean daily....not the sunny day gaylords.

In particular, who is the gent from Why Can I on the blade that:

a. Produced far too much temptation by peeling off up the Pie Cock hill road while I carried on my coast road commute :bye:
b. makes me feel somewhat innadequate by performing some savoury maneuvers :first:

Big ups to the Pie Cock massif! :scooter:

Clivoris
20th December 2007, 21:08
That's probably Sparkybills.

Sparky Bills
20th December 2007, 21:29
Yip, That would be me mate.
Done it everyday for the past 7years.
Nice to meet ya!:banana:

Babelfish
21st December 2007, 09:29
Nice effort SB. I've done it every day since being pulled into your vortex mate and its the only way to go. I'm definitely awake by the time I get to work now!

Nice bit of gravel on one of the bends at the mo eh? :crazy:

Sparky Bills
23rd December 2007, 12:07
Yeah there is a bit. Just go round the corners where the cars wheels would be. Thats usually clear of gravel.
Its the only way to get to work!:headbang:

sels1
23rd December 2007, 13:29
There is one corner on the Kapiti side that ALWAYS has a bit of gravel on it. But it is a great bit of bike road thats for sure - I do it once or twice a week at least

Grub
23rd December 2007, 14:02
Sadly, after a year of doing it every day I am now commuting to town :vomit:

I'm playing my cards right though and might have convinced the powers to allow me to set up my team back out in P'ram in the new year ... hehehe

Grub
23rd December 2007, 14:03
There is one corner on the Kapiti side that ALWAYS has a bit of gravel on it.

Yup second corner (a left) after the 25kmh right hander going up

sels1
24th December 2007, 19:24
Yup second corner (a left) after the 25kmh right hander going up

Thats the one - never seen it clean

Babelfish
3rd February 2008, 18:07
Yep, I call that lefter "Crumbly Corner" and chuckle each time I dodge it. While I have definately improved my pie-cock-ability I still keep enough in reserve to break/dodge/panic for the more seat-sucking moments on that road.

Apparently Boob Johnson felt offended enough by "sunny day gaylords" to red rep me....so I take that as a proven (I bet he has a nice soft seat too)

Number One
3rd February 2008, 18:15
:baby: Did it for the first time on the SV today.

Been atleast 5 years since I rode it, last time was on a ZXR250 and while I was painfully slow I did enjoy it and didn't have any moments that made me think - sheet I shoulda gorn slower there! :blink:

Thanks to my fwiend who led me along, and stayed close enough that I could watch her lines and get a gauge of speed from her. She even took the initiative to watch not only me but what was comin up behind (just as well I was too busy looking in front) so we could pull over and let them pass :o as I was not fast, thankfully only had to suffer that twice and one was a bike so didn't really mind about that.

sedge
3rd February 2008, 19:14
Sigh, Paekak, I used to ride it every day for years, hi Martin !... Ended up knowing it a bit too well :) I liked to play how fast can I get on the downhill before Pkak... As you do.

Shat myself when I worked out that at 200k (on my old ZZR1100) just before the last right hand bend under the trees at the bottom is a slight lift that you just don't notice at sub light speed, the front goes up and you've got no steering or brakes, luckily when the front comes down you've got better brakes than normal.

Since I had my little boy it's become a once week thing over the hill, I guess that what being mature is about, I have responsibilty to get home to the family.

Oh crap I feel so old... Used to be all 100k speed limits back then... zimmer zimmer.

Sedge.

Coyote
3rd February 2008, 19:27
The last time I rode through there was exhilarating. Loosing traction every corner due to a rear shock with no dampening, front end teetering because of it. It was wet too. You have the most fun when you think you're gonna die

Is there any really good rider that I can follow through there sometime? I'm still pretty shit, especially with a dodgey bike slowing me down (but it's getting fixed currently). I've learnt a lot trying to keep up with Sketchy_Racer through there

prvoke
3rd February 2008, 19:33
Yep i rode it today but im a once a weeker at the moment, least till i start the job in wellly. Pretty clear of rocks for a change but that damn trench shaped patch job on the down hill from the top unsettled me. Great ride over, slow ride back behind cars which kinda ruined it.

sedge
3rd February 2008, 19:39
Is there any really good rider that I can follow through there sometime?

I recommend following Sparkybills, it's like trying keep up with a large angry spider riding a skyrocket.

Sedge.

Grub
3rd February 2008, 19:55
... but that damn trench shaped patch job on the down hill from the top unsettled me...

That is a real bitch that thing. It's actually meant to be there would you believe. It's a floodwater runoff channel so that the water doesn't flood all over the road. If you're going slow enough, you can see at the top end where it extends from the culvert. I just have this feeling they could have made it wider and therefore less of a bang.

Mind you, on the way down, the next corner is an off camber left with a few bumps in it so being slowed is not altogether a bad thing.

Babelfish
4th February 2008, 16:07
I recommend following Sparkybills, it's like trying keep up with a large angry spider riding a skyrocket.

Sedge.

Sparkybills was the demon that tempted me over the hill each morning. I've followed him twice and its like bloody poetry. The fact that I kept up meant he wasnt going for gold and it gave a good oportunity to see some good smooth riding and positioning. He followed me the other day on a Ducati 800m and said he had it pegged at points to keep up....somehow I think if he put the real effort on though it would have been me peggin it!

That is a real bitch that thing. It's actually meant to be there would you believe. It's a floodwater runoff channel so that the water doesn't flood all over the road. If you're going slow enough, you can see at the top end where it extends from the culvert. I just have this feeling they could have made it wider and therefore less of a bang.

Mind you, on the way down, the next corner is an off camber left with a few bumps in it so being slowed is not altogether a bad thing.

I didnt know thats what it was and it hadnt occurred to me to stop and look but its a great bit of info. I had noted its positive effects for the following left though as that is one shitter of a corner. As with other corners over the hill though, I am quite happy to tread carefully around it for the sake of my bike and my skin.

HenryDorsetCase
4th February 2008, 16:23
I thought this was another movie review thread (American Pie....) ah well.

its a nice if intense bit of road if I recall it correctly from my days living in Wellington

Sparky Bills
11th February 2008, 18:48
Sounds to me we need to create a Piecok Hill Massive!

So who else can I pull catch in my piecok hill web...? :innocent:
I love the place. But as ive said many many times... Never ride 100% as there is always a car/bike/bus on your side of the road at at least one stage of the ride.
Ive just enjoyed having someone to ride to work with mate. Its been good.
Oh yeah.. That poor Monster hehe.

The 954 is off the road at the moment. Im sorting out its fuelling problems. So you will see me on a few different bikes for a bit.

Hey Sedge! Long time no hear.
Hows you been?:first:

Ive got a couple people wanting me to show them a few pointers. If anyone else is interested, just PM me. As i said, my bike isnt going at the moment, but it shouldnt be too long before I get it sorted.

Prvoke mate, I havnt forgotten ya! We will have to sort somthing out asap!

Blue Velvet
12th February 2008, 09:19
Love this hill too. Try to ride it 2-3 times a week now. When I commuted from Cannibal Creek I'd include it in my route to Wellington. Different bike back then though. Wish I'd had the gixxer.

Sparky Bills
12th February 2008, 14:42
I used to work in Porirua. And would ride the Hill on my way to and from. Those were my 250 days...:rockon:

Pex Adams
12th February 2008, 14:47
Its a great way to round the edges off the tires on the way home...

Go the Pie Cock Massive...

prvoke
14th February 2008, 14:18
Prvoke mate, I havnt forgotten ya! We will have to sort somthing out asap!

a little boy waits........:zzzz:
haha

Blue Velvet
14th February 2008, 15:16
a little boy waits

Dude, I don't think he's into little boys.

Well I could be wrong...

White trash
14th February 2008, 15:57
Ahhhh, such fond memories.

Think I might bust out the WBP bike for a snot over the Hunuas tonight :D

Blue Velvet
15th February 2008, 08:32
LOL at pic number two. Sorry, you look cool and all, it's just... I think it's your facial expression. Animal Steel! I'll never be that cool *sigh*.

dipshit
15th February 2008, 09:07
LOL at pic number two. Sorry, you look cool and all,

It might "look cool"... but he is making the oh so typical mistake of trying to get his butt off the seat and knee on the ground, that his upper body is now facing back over the bike.

Watch all of this video... especially the end bit.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxb5nRufuZ8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxb5nRufuZ8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ManDownUnder
15th February 2008, 09:20
Ahhhh, such fond memories.

Think I might bust out the WBP bike for a snot over the Hunuas tonight :D

And remember wheelies are neither big nor clever... (unless you're on an RF ... when they slip into the "fucken miracle" category)

Babelfish
28th February 2008, 19:49
I enjoyed a blackbird nailing mono's all the way down the motorway in front of me this morning....I mean, I was disgusted....no, it was great....shit...it was bad....good.....bad......goood.....ah fuck :crazy:

Babelfish
28th February 2008, 19:51
Actually Sparky, the dude doing mono's on the blackbird looked suspiciously from your neck of the woods...no relation is he? :shifty:

Clivoris
28th February 2008, 20:32
Actually Sparky, the dude doing mono's on the blackbird looked suspiciously from your neck of the woods...no relation is he? :shifty:

The banjo and six finger gloves give it away?

Sparky Bills
28th February 2008, 20:39
I may or may not know of a guy who knows a guy....

Babelfish
1st March 2008, 10:27
I may or may not know of a guy who knows a guy....

Bloody monocyclists sticking together again :shifty:

I wanna now who the bloke is on the kwacka two fiddy in his trench coat...by christ I hope he has something a little more protective under there...and I hope its not a sawn off shotgun :crazy:

dave_a
1st March 2008, 13:37
I ride a kwacka 250 but I wear a motorbike jacket, must do pie cock around 4-5 times a week after work :woohoo:

Babelfish
1st March 2008, 16:44
I ride a kwacka 250 but I wear a motorbike jacket, must do pie cock around 4-5 times a week after work :woohoo:

Na mate, its a GPZ...he was giving it a wallop when the mighty B-prince charged him down on the haywards...it was funny shit, each time he gave it a slap the arse end wobbled, I think I pissed a little watching it

Sparky Bills
13th April 2008, 14:55
Bloody monocyclists sticking together again :shifty:

I wanna now who the bloke is on the kwacka two fiddy in his trench coat...by christ I hope he has something a little more protective under there...and I hope its not a sawn off shotgun :crazy:

Havnt seen him lately. Must be getting too cold for him. Or hes lost his licence...:whistle:

Dino
13th April 2008, 22:58
...it was funny shit, each time he gave it a slap the arse end wobbled, I think I pissed a little watching it

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparky Bills
13th April 2008, 22:59
.it was funny shit, each time he gave it a slap the arse end wobbled, I think I pissed a little watching it

Are we still talking about the bike....?:buggerd:

Babelfish
19th April 2008, 10:18
Havnt seen him lately. Must be getting too cold for him. Or hes lost his licence...:whistle:

Well he wasnt the most kitted out of chaps, so the cooling weather may have got to him (although I wouldnt discount the alternative either). Every time I saw him he was dressed like the highlander....there can be only one (squid)

Are we still talking about the bike....?:buggerd:

Steady.

Finally got the pilot power on the front...so no more slipping around the corners....nice :2thumbsup

Grub
19th April 2008, 11:06
Finally got the pilot power on the front...so no more slipping around the corners....nice :2thumbsup

As you know, I'm passionate about that road but I now think twice about doing it in the wet. Those new tarsnakes are just plain dangerous. They're all over the road, you can't avoid them and they're glased like ice when wet. It's just not worth it.

Babelfish
19th April 2008, 11:49
As you know, I'm passionate about that road but I now think twice about doing it in the wet. Those new tarsnakes are just plain dangerous. They're all over the road, you can't avoid them and they're glased like ice when wet. It's just not worth it.

TBH, I generally dont do the road in the dark or on new rain (before the road washes a bit). I dont need to do the road during my commutes, but just can ride past it when its light/dry.

If I still want to do the scenic route in the wet I take it pretty easy.

With all the crumble/sheep/ufo's on the road, the night trip is just too dodgy.

I had a pilot sports on the front and it had gone WAY off, so I tended to bulldoze a few of the corners but thats a thing of the past with mr power up front.

Sparky Bills
28th April 2008, 19:29
Those Powers are some good rubber aint they. :Punk:

Babelfish
28th April 2008, 22:01
Those Powers are some good rubber aint they. :Punk:

They got more grip than a bloke who hasn't had a girlfriend for 50 years...:shifty:

Sketchy_Racer
28th April 2008, 22:05
I've been doing it every morning and evening since Ive had my RG pretty much. Only been this week that i've not ridden it due to the bike been off the road for 'maintainance'

Those tar snakes are slippery, but they only last for such a short amount of time I can't say it bothers me too much. Gravel spots mid corner piss me off more.

Although, the tar snakes could be worse on a big bike.

Sparky Bills
28th April 2008, 23:32
As you said Glen, they only make the bike move slightly so arnt a huge issue. Just got to keep them in your mind and try to square the corner enough so your upright as much as possible when you go over them.

Note to self: Thunder Storms and extreme rain to happen tomorrow. Be VERY carefull guys.

Babelfish
29th April 2008, 19:37
If there is one thing that can be guaranteed on pie cock, its crumbly corners after rain. Although, this morning was a shitter (loads of gravel) but it was mostly cleared on the way home.

Still not a fan of running it at night, you just cant see the boulders in time (but couldnt help myself tonight :drool: )

Sparky Bills
29th April 2008, 20:25
Yip. Some things will never change.
Ive been leaving earlier the last month, so havnt seen ya Bable. Im not trying to avoid ya.... honest! :Pokey:

rustys
29th April 2008, 21:06
Great piece of road allright, try and ride it every fine weekend on the 600, since i have now shifted into the area. Although i'd say to still keep your wit's about you, otherwise it could bite you hard. The view from the lookout was awesome on saturday. :rockon:

Babelfish
29th April 2008, 21:42
Yip. Some things will never change.
Ive been leaving earlier the last month, so havnt seen ya Bable. Im not trying to avoid ya.... honest! :Pokey:

I've been leaving late...cos I'm lazy...and I'd rather avoid you :shifty:

Great piece of road allright, try and ride it every fine weekend on the 600, since i have now shifted into the area. Although i'd say to still keep your wit's about you, otherwise it could bite you hard. The view from the lookout was awesome on saturday. :rockon:

Bite, chew, gnash around for a while, gargle yer testicles and the spit you to the curb so that a loose sheep can urinate on your bloody pulpy carcass...but the lookout is lovely :whistle:

prvoke
30th April 2008, 09:33
What time do you guys normally go through?
Does anyone commute to wellington from Kapiti over the hill? Was just wondering whether it would be not only more fun but quicker than the normal grind down the coast line ?

Babelfish
30th April 2008, 17:58
Does anyone commute to wellington from Kapiti over the hill? Was just wondering whether it would be not only more fun but quicker than the normal grind down the coast line ?

Yeah, I travel down from Kapiti over the hill through to Wellington. Sparky Bills lured me over the hill one morning and I haven't looked back since (cos he's always been in front of me).

Its about the same time, and is definitely the better ride if you keep your wits about you.

Sparky Bills
30th April 2008, 18:49

Im usually going through around 7.20ish. Give or take a few minutes.
Have been doing the cage thing the last few days :sick:
But I suck at driving, so prob safer on the bike! :innocent:

_intense_
30th April 2008, 19:38
mmmmm pae...

Babelfish
30th April 2008, 21:38
Im usually going through around 7.20ish. Give or take a few minutes.
Have been doing the cage thing the last few days :sick:
But I suck at driving, so prob safer on the bike! :innocent:

Oh fucking hell....a CAGE???!!! You've GOT to tell me what you drive so that as I nail it past you I can produce the double fingered assault :finger: (ok, thats one finger, but I couldn't find the double on here!)

Sparky Bills
11th May 2008, 18:39
Oh fucking hell....a CAGE???!!! You've GOT to tell me what you drive so that as I nail it past you I can produce the double fingered assault :finger: (ok, thats one finger, but I couldn't find the double on here!)

HAHA!
Mate the mighty Starlet would kick your ass! :whistle:
Im actually starting work at 9 these days, and finish at 6.30. So prob gona miss ya.
It dont feel right driving on that hill.... to say the least!

Babelfish
12th May 2008, 21:30
HAHA!
Mate the mighty Starlet would kick your ass! :whistle:
Im actually starting work at 9 these days, and finish at 6.30. So prob gona miss ya.
It dont feel right driving on that hill.... to say the least!

It gets worse....its a starlet! I might have to go in late one morning to view this...and see what its worth through the twisties (actually, I know I'd kick my arse in a starlet through the twisties so no foul there).

Got nailed in town today...so its Wellington traffic 1, Me Nil. Fortunately managed to save it enough to end up only just dropping the bike and rolling off onto the footpath so no damage to me or the bike...THATS why I commute on a naked :niceone:

Sparky Bills
13th May 2008, 20:21
It gets worse....its a starlet! I might have to go in late one morning to view this...and see what its worth through the twisties (actually, I know I'd kick my arse in a starlet through the twisties so no foul there).

Got nailed in town today...so its Wellington traffic 1, Me Nil. Fortunately managed to save it enough to end up only just dropping the bike and rolling off onto the footpath so no damage to me or the bike...THATS why I commute on a naked :niceone:

HAHA! Ive been on the bike all this week as the car needs work.
So you wont get the pleasure!:msn-wink:

Aye!? You came off?
Shit thats no good. Glad to hear theres no damage.

Babelfish
30th May 2008, 17:34
HAHA! Ive been on the bike all this week as the car needs work.
So you wont get the pleasure!:msn-wink:

Aye!? You came off?
Shit thats no good. Glad to hear theres no damage.

Yeah...twas a good laugh in the end considering no damage to me or bike. You know the implcations of your actions so the odd predictable result is...predictable...:crazy:

Good wake up call though, and if the wake up calls dont hurt or damage then all is good. :headbang:

MD
30th May 2008, 17:56
I just did a late ride through Piecock Hill to Pukerua Bay and back along the coast.

It's damp. It's growing green stuff on the road. It's bloody freezing. Nuf said.

The view of the sunset at 5pm+ from the lookout was a beaut. You just have to pause and think..wow, look at that, life's good.

Amazing how you feel the warmth once you pop out on the seaward side of the hill. Big diffence. Which is why I took the coast road back home.

I just had to get a buzz after a busy week at work and hear that triple symphony between my legs.

Babelfish
30th May 2008, 19:51
I just did a late ride through Piecock Hill to Pukerua Bay and back along the coast.

It's damp. It's growing green stuff on the road. It's bloody freezing. Nuf said.

The view of the sunset at 5pm+ from the lookout was a beaut. You just have to pause and think..wow, look at that, life's good.

Amazing how you feel the warmth once you pop out on the seaward side of the hill. Big diffence. Which is why I took the coast road back home.

I just had to get a buzz after a busy week at work and hear that triple symphony between my legs.

Yeah, the green stuff is defiantely growing out there. Especially as you come down the hill after turning away from the sea, down through the trees and stuff...gives me the shits in the damp.

I was thinking about the chill factor Thurs morning through there...once you turn away from the sea its like a big basin holding all the cold in...katabatic winds n all that....chilly as fuck in either case

Sparky Bills
7th June 2008, 17:41
Take is real easy over the hill at this time of the year guys.
This is the worst time for Ice.
Im not enjoying the hill at the moment. Its damp and sliperey.

Sketchy_Racer
7th June 2008, 18:03
Ice, moss, more ice. more moss, a bit of black ice..

Hey it's just like a real life Playstation game with cool obsticles!

Im still doing it every day though!

Sparky Bills
8th June 2008, 02:14
Same, but have to keep an eye out.

Had a fairly large moment the other day...
Hit damp moss and slid onto the other side of the road! Was VERY lucky there wasnt a car coming the other way or id be toast.

Babelfish
8th June 2008, 17:58
Same, but have to keep an eye out.

Had a fairly large moment the other day...
Hit damp moss and slid onto the other side of the road! Was VERY lucky there wasnt a car coming the other way or id be toast.

Yep, I dont mind keeping an eye out, and I'm used to shite weather after spending a fair while on northern UK roads. It's more frustration of having to hold back I think.

I get the choice every day as to whether I take the high road or the low road (motorway) to wellybum, and lately I've been going on the low side...um low road...not low side :crazy:

The bit that shits me at the mo is just as you turn away from the sea and come down the hill to the under-the-trees section where all the moss is. That first corner, if you cocked it, would slip you straight into that nice white painted power pole. Tastey. Call me paranoid. :shifty:

Nasty
8th June 2008, 18:24
Neighbour was over there today ... was a couple of additional small slips on the road ... so be very very careful this week!

quallman1234
8th June 2008, 18:26
Yeah we did it today, Watch out for the gravel mid corner everywhere and the slips.

Sparky Bills
10th June 2008, 20:20
Its all good :headbang:

Sparky Bills
17th October 2008, 11:32
Would you believe that its been more than 2 months since ive ridden on the hill...:confused:

But am getting REAL sick of the ignorant cage drivers who dont pull over!
I never realised how bad it is when on the bike as i could pass them easy. :Offtopic: