PDA

View Full Version : music

ZorsT
5th November 2004, 19:43
i was wondering if you guyes (and girls) listen to music while you are riding. if so, how do you do it? (and what do you listen to)

Blakamin
5th November 2004, 19:47
i was wondering if you guyes (and girls) listen to music while you are riding. if so, how do you do it? (and what do you listen to)
Got an mp3 player i used to use before I got the duc... now it's my music..
btw, need tunes just yell (work at a jukebox company)

Riff Raff
5th November 2004, 20:29
The thing I like about riding is that I can just let my mind wander in no particular direction. Good stress release. Dunno whether music will detract from that. Sometimes I burst loudly (and very badly) into song when I'm riding along so I suppose that would be one of the moments when music would be good, cos then I wouldn't be able to hear how bad my singing is!!

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2004, 20:32
No music other than the bikes around me. Got to love them big twins. :) Riding is to much fun to interrupt it with sounds other than those made by explosions in alloy boxes and reverberated out large pipes pointing at you from up front. :)

Gixxer 4 ever
5th November 2004, 20:44
The thing I like about riding is that I can just let my mind wander in no particular direction. You must have some very long straight and empty roads up there in the big city. :eek5: A wandering mind would soon have you over the bank down here in the Bay. I agree with what you say, but I find the stress release comes from planing the next corner and then thinking about the one just completed. It takes your mind away from the stress of life for long enough to feel good after the ride. No need to spoil it with music. You would have plenty of traffic hoping and lane splitting to plan in the city and the music could distract you.

Bob
6th November 2004, 01:33
The thing I like about riding is that I can just let my mind wander in no particular direction. Good stress release. Dunno whether music will detract from that. Sometimes I burst loudly (and very badly) into song when I'm riding along so I suppose that would be one of the moments when music would be good, cos then I wouldn't be able to hear how bad my singing is!!

Same goes for me... I sing A LOT when I am riding - current little ditty being from my collection of 1960's psychadelia ("You must be a witch" by The Lollipop Shoppe), but I sing all sorts of things, including 'penned whilst on the road' insulting songs about car drivers!

"Wanker in a Four Wheel Drive" is one of my current frequently sung self-penned ditties...

Modesty (and embarassment) prevents me from sharing the lyrics...

Hooks
6th November 2004, 06:22

So true ..... like singing in the shower !! .... It is a mans right to torture himself and his battered ego with the belief that he can in fact sound like Elvis, Robert Plant, Paul Rogers, The Big "O" or any other great voice of his choosing and the need for karaoke style help is demeaning in every way !! :brick: The helmet acoustic environment is safe for all concerned and should not be used to introduce intrusive noises on the moment that is ..... Man at one with his machine, alone against the world ..... :devil2:

Here endeth the lesson .... :Pokey:

Riff Raff
6th November 2004, 07:34
You must have some very long straight and empty roads up there in the big city. :eek5: A wandering mind would soon have you over the bank down here in the Bay.

Nah mate, I'm a woman, therefore I can multi task! :niceone:

Bleck K6
6th November 2004, 09:54
I tried it once,but will never do it again.
I had a mixed tape (slayer,fear factory,sepultura etc) and listened to it on the way from aucks to whangaz when I was livin down there.
Everytime I looked at the speedo I was doin really stupid speeds especially for state hway 1,The music had amped me up so much.I had to turn it off.

Slipstream
6th November 2004, 10:03

Well... I get out my old Beat Box on my shoulder and listen to Justin Timberlake or James Last (depending on where my mood takes me), while pulling a wheelie down the motorway, waving to the :Police: and looking cool infront of anyone who can see at light speed. :yeah:

Motu
6th November 2004, 10:19
A wandering mind would soon have you over the bank down here in the Bay.u.

I think it's an alfa rythum thing,or some such new age jargon - the brain goes into another state,I find I can get into a good pace,making lots of decisions,processing heaps of information...but in a relaxed way.I do lots of different styles when I ride (main roads,twisty back roads,gravel roads,4x4 tracks)Lots of work for my brain - but relaxing at the same time...dunno how it works,I just ride and enjoy it for the good it does me.

Blakamin
6th November 2004, 10:24
Well... I get out my old Beat Box on my shoulder and listen to Justin Timberlake or James Last (depending on where my mood takes me), while pulling a wheelie down the motorway, waving to the :Police: and looking cool infront of anyone who can see at light speed. :yeah:
You been near that White Trash too long..... justin timberlake? only he'd listen to that :bye:

Gixxer 4 ever
6th November 2004, 13:06
Nah mate, I'm a woman, therefore I can multi task! :niceone: :moon: :killingme :killingme :killingme

Riff Raff
6th November 2004, 13:28
:moon:
right back atcha!
Bloody good roads down in Hawkes Bay - it's where I learned to ride so many years ago.

Gixxer 4 ever
6th November 2004, 13:48
right back atcha!
Bloody good roads down in Hawkes Bay - it's where I learned to ride so many years ago.Nice to hear from an X Hawkes Bay rider. :first: So you doing the music thing when riding? My kids put the MP3 thing in their jackets when they come along on the bike but they usual complain about the ear plugs falling out and giving pain but as I am on the front I am not stopping till the little light stops flashing and I need more juice.

Two Smoker
6th November 2004, 13:59
Dont listen to Music, as i am trying to get into the "zone" and need all the concentration i can get.... hence why i wear earplugs.....

FzerozeroT
6th November 2004, 14:02
bose have some really nice noise cancelling headphones out, i asked and they have integrated them into hemets for air force pilots, so if you had them no need for earplugs.

I'm a singer too, just got home from raglan and the whole way back it was brian ferry "Psycho killer, kass kassay, fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa betta run run run run run run run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

JohnBoy
6th November 2004, 15:49
a mate of mine was into rally and i was trying to get him to put some little speakers in my lid. never really got round to it tho, i suppose if you need to listen to music then your obviously riding on a boaring road. best course of action is to tacke the back roads where ever you go!

Hooks
6th November 2004, 16:36
bose have some really nice noise cancelling headphones out, i asked and they have integrated them into hemets for air force pilots, so if you had them no need for earplugs.

I'm a singer too, just got home from raglan and the whole way back it was brian ferry "Psycho killer, kass kassay, fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa betta run run run run run run run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

Isn't that the Talking Heads ????...... :whistle:

FzerozeroT
6th November 2004, 17:22
so it is......

hey, i'm under thirty and i know OF brian ferry/roxy music AND A talking heads song, cut me some slack

HanaBelle
6th November 2004, 17:37
You must have some very long straight and empty roads up there in the big city. :eek5: A wandering mind would soon have you over the bank down here in the Bay. I agree with what you say, but I find the stress release comes from planing the next corner and then thinking about the one just completed. It takes your mind away from the stress of life for long enough to feel good after the ride.

Yay! {wheres the "loud applause" smilie!??}

Hitcher
7th November 2004, 13:25
Mrs H has an MP3 with those Sony grommet-style earplugs. Seems to do the business for her. A lot of extra kit to mess around with when you're getting dressed up for a ride though.

Slim
8th November 2004, 18:46
A minidisk with Funtopia "in-ear" earphones for me.

I listen to all sorts of stuff, but my favourites include several NZ music filled minidisks and another minidisk with various film soundtracks on it (City of Angels, You've Got Mail, Northern Exposure).

avgas
30th December 2004, 20:33
Got a MP# player built into me phone, so i used to chuck some songs in there and ride with that.
Stopped doing that for a while. Since i got the stormvehicle that was nice enuf.
But lately been sitting a traffic, doing 100ks (6K revs) - and going metally deaf from the exhaust - so i might fire up the mp3 again

Mongoose
30th December 2004, 20:43
I listen to stereo music, the ever so slightly louder than factory zorsts on the Guzzi ( and all the other thumps, rattles and associated noises that Guzzis make)
Never tried introduced music and don't think I ever will, that is for the car driving.

inlinefour
7th January 2005, 11:57

To listen to music would ruin my experience on my bike. This is why cages have stereos and bikes don't (usually) :msn-wink:

Biff
7th January 2005, 12:04
I've got an Autocom unit that I plug either my CD or MP3 player into. I have to be careful as to the kind of music I listen to though as my real favourites, such as Maiden, Sabbath etc turn me into a bit of a speed freak. Hmmmmmmm - nice! :calm: So I usually end up listening to some hard house, Radiohead, Sterophonics, Coldplay or some really soppy shite simply in an attempt to avoid killing myself.

Oh yeah, and I always try and avoid having the music up too loud. I kinda like hearing emergency vehicles screaming up behind me and cage driver horns warning me of their impending phukwitedness.

Coyote
7th January 2005, 12:05
I listen to my helmet slowly making me deaf

Coyote
7th January 2005, 12:06
I've got an Autocom unit that I plug either my CD or MP3 player into. I have to be careful as to the kind of music I listen to though as my real favourites, such as Maiden, Sabbath etc turn me into a bit of a speed freak.
Good taste in music :niceone:

Listen to some Children of Bodom if you wanna go fast

Biff
7th January 2005, 12:06
ooo i got a star for that. i must be special. thanks mom :spudwave:

bungbung
7th January 2005, 12:07
and i know OF brian ferry/roxy music AND A talking heads song

OF?

Old Fogey music?