PDA

View Full Version : Who is the likeliest new racer from KB

bluninja
6th August 2003, 17:09
A bit of fun....who do you think is most likely to get out on track and become a 'new' racer?

What I'm asking is who will get out and race....not who's going to be good at racing...or who ought to be racing.

TTFN

wkid_one
6th August 2003, 17:53
Count me out for 3 months until I get surgery - Doc won't give me clearance....

Was speaking to CK today actually about racing in Clubmans (see SI I do listen to your wise words)

VTR is going in to Sawyers on Saturday to be appraised.....

Dan

bikerboy
6th August 2003, 20:54
I vote for KK.

:Oops: .....or do you mean REALLY ACTUALLY race.:confused:

Mitch
6th August 2003, 21:29
I vote CK!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

babyB
6th August 2003, 21:51
well with all their holdups (if thats what ya call them)

i recon all of them start on same day...  give the clubmans a hell of a shock

come on guys get orginized

Marmoot
6th August 2003, 22:32
Ducati will beat them all! :rockon:

Dave
7th August 2003, 09:48
I'm putting my faith in motoracer closely followed by CK.
as for kk,well...
by the time he's racing,fossil fuels will no longer be available.

bluninja
7th August 2003, 10:12
Even out for at least 3 months WKID, you could be quicker into racing than some people that have expressed and interest. BB was arranging to go on track on somebody elses bike (Chris Haldanes?), so you never know, he could get hooked.

Certainly with 3 rounds of the Auckland champs at Puke, the peeps up here should have enough opporunity to practice and get comfortable with the track before racing. And with clubmans being run by AMCC it's a great place to start, rather than having to jump into one of the more competitive classes.

Of course with those who have licenses but haven't yet raced there's always Taupo this weekend:eek:

TTFN

Motoracer
7th August 2003, 10:30
Thanx for the vote Dave, really appreciate the support!

People who know me won't be voting for me because of my recent financial loss that's put my racing away for a wee while. I'll do my best to get out there as soon as possible though.

Dave
7th August 2003, 10:33
HELP! how can i change my vote,people in the poll should put their current financial status up for inspection.

P.S. don't let lack of money stop you racing-i haven't had any$$$ for the last few years either.

bikerboy
7th August 2003, 18:05
What the f....?:Oops:

Who put ME on the poll ? I barely found the place last time let alone ride ON the track.:eek:

I am flattered someone thinks I'm capable of going round in circles without falling over but don't let the bike fool you.:D

Go CK :done:

wkid_one
7th August 2003, 18:08
Aim is to race summer clubmans (new bike, multi-four thou - in the wet racing - hmmmm I don't think so Tim!)

Shoulder will be done and will be used to the bike......ready to roll....

Got the trailer delivered in the weekend - nice!

Kwaka-Kid
7th August 2003, 18:34
hah! i personally voted myself! (i know i know what a up-himself prick eh?) but if it was who is the slowest, i am for sure certain its me, and CK fastest of all.  But that doesnt mean i think i will stay the slowest, i think i just need to learn more etc.  Anyways i lubed both clutch and thorttle cables today, put new grips on, and sat battery in general position and ponderd for a while as to how the bracket is going to work out, but once its mounted, and then fairing is mounted, i am getting out there! thanks to this i am keen to prove i will be out there the fastest, mind you, this means there is one downside... I wont have time b4 september 14th to change the worn tyres on the bike, nor the front brake pads, but hey, cest la vie - just dont try ride beside me, stay wide when u fly past me! :) im just keen to get the hell out there, even if the brake lever pulls in and touches the bar ;)

Marmoot
7th August 2003, 22:24
with BB's consistency (read: not falling off) he would be the next Aaron Slight: Mr. Consistent. Go BB! I support you :niceone:

Hoon
8th August 2003, 11:50
Well after 6 months of talking about it I am finally going to do my first race this weekend in Taupo (pending no major disaster).

If I have the energy I'll write up a report when I get back - an insight to a first race day from a newb perspective!!

Duke of Rogan
8th August 2003, 12:01
BB 'cos he's got the best bike ;)

or Motoracer for the least posts-per-day (therefore moretime riding?)

maybe they all need to line up on bucket racers and see who's still riding aftera few laps :D

Coldkiwi
8th August 2003, 12:22
mmm.. bucket racing... thats what I really wanna do!! :)

I won't be doing long term racng on the 6r but after the g/f gave me a vote of confidence about doign those AMCC rounds in clubmans I think i'll have to follow through!

(hows that for a cunning rouse to get votes?) :done:

Kwaka-Kid
8th August 2003, 17:29
subframe came off today, middle bracket being moved back 1.5" so i can remove battery with ease.  yay for things looking better:) but still, running outta light ,better get out there and stop checking this

bbl

Big Dog
16th August 2003, 16:46
Weel from this and other forums it sounds like kk is most likely to give it a crack, however it sounds like his problem might be getting past the scrutineers lmao.
It sounds like he wears ducktape brand leathers, and rides a No 8 wire trellis frame. lol

(please note: someone has to take the piss)

andy1
16th August 2003, 17:24
i hope to be racing soon aswell gonna race a 600. first gonna do some track times and compare my times with racers.

its getting a bit boring blasting the same roads time after time,
and there is not many bikers that can ride very fast most seem to tour around. but i love to piss off guys on bigger bikes when i go around the outside of them at 150k-160k in a 55k corner.
GO moto racer tho, i reackon first one on the track!
:rockon:

Kwaka-Kid
16th August 2003, 19:59
andy1, fair enuf, i dont spose u ride the north western m/way much on ur CBR250? jus that it musta been a month ago or more now that i saw a CBR250 @ approx 130-maybe 140 going down it between traffic, just jumping from lane to lane no indicating.. high speed, i was on  the GS1000 and thought, nah-uh, not in this traffic, + i aint nowhere near as skilled as that rider. or lrgly balled, it was one or the other, i guess only knowing him and finding out how often he crashes will tell us that :)

andy1
16th August 2003, 21:36
yea i travel the north western m/y everyday!
been pulled over by a bloodly motorcycle cop for speeding and not indicating to change lanes. but was lucky to get away with a small fine. so maybe yea was me. :cool:

P.S ALL BLACKS are fucken awesome!!

Marmoot
16th August 2003, 22:30
ALL BLACKS RULEZ

Kwaka-Kid
17th August 2003, 07:12
HEEL YEAH! SHOT ALL BLACKS!

bluninja
12th September 2003, 08:49
Newsflash...KK PAID for his AMCC membership last night and is now in posession of a racing license application form.

He was seen in intense negotiation with some KBers to arrange transport to Manfeild on 4th October for the final round of the Vic Club winter series. This may be serious....questions like 'Will I be allowed to race with totally shagged, bald tyres?' indicate that the idea of racing is starting to become a probability not a possibility.

So will he? or won't he? Listen out for the next instalment of this tepid saga.

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
12th September 2003, 10:20
OKAY GUYS! IVE DONE THE MOST STOOPID THING OF MY LIFE! (or at least in the KK handbook it is)

Orderd some BRAND SPANKING NEW Bridgestone  BT090's for my Racebike. $400.. cycletreads tomorrow... FECK! because greg sharpe rang me and said that the scrutineer wont let me out on my front tyre :(

bugger! well... guess this is it.. new tyres for sunday.. and yes ill b doing the Oct 4th and 5th @ manfield/puke if Si and Mitch do, my dad agreed - by ANY means necessary.

gehehe :done:

curious george
12th September 2003, 10:32
Waaaahay! This does it. I'm gonna be there.:D
Go the KK racing team!
moto "we don't need to buy a new one, I can fix it"
Well done KK. New tyres......nmmmmmmmmm

bluninja
12th September 2003, 10:42
New tyres as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn who am I going to sell my shagged supercorsas to now?:D

Spoke with my wife about being away for the weekend...she was ok with me sharing with Mitch, but was worried a bulletproof 18 year old might lead me astray. LMAO

Feck, better get new tyres put on the SV otherwise KK will spank my arse at Manfeild.

BTW KK you do realise that you have to be scrub new tyres in? You can't just go for it? Just that you've not had fresh new rubber before:gob:

TTFN

Marmoot
12th September 2003, 11:28
KK: be very careful. I know you haven't experienced this, but new tyres are slippery. You have to scrub them in slowly (yadda yadda yadda)...

(on second thoughts, worn tyres are better coz you can use them straightaway. hehehhee)

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Coldkiwi
12th September 2003, 17:05
KK, when we say scrubbed in... that normally takes at LEAST 100km's on the roads. a bit longer if you're just doing reasonably soft commuting.

how long does a race licence take to get sorted? ie. if I turn up to an AMCC club night two weeks before the first round, will I get one in time?

bikerboy
12th September 2003, 17:10
Have mitch and simon adopted kk?:eek:

Hoon
12th September 2003, 17:11
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
how long does a race licence take to get sorted? ie. if I turn up to an AMCC club night two weeks before the first round, will I get one in time?

Might be pushing it a bit.  Mine took 2 weeks exactly and that was with a "hurry up I'm racing this weekend" phonecall.

Mitch
12th September 2003, 18:35
Not exactly BB :o  Scary thought really LOL

Everyone renew's their race licence at the same time, so around July it can be a nightmare.  The rest of the year it is anyone's guess.  It's not a problem though, if you have not received your licence and want to race, all you have to do is contact MNZ and ask them to fax a licence confermation (ie yes you have applied and paid) to the motorcycle club that is hosting the event.  Might pay to get them to also fax something to you as the system does not always work as it should.  :niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
12th September 2003, 23:07
nah CK you wont :P haha im just saying that, because out of all us KB'ers talknig about racing.. im the first one thats gunna b doing it :p mehehe!

anyways yeah well soft commuting is me despite the fact that it doesnt go on street, race only bike.. hmm... and secondly my old man told me if u get really desperate and there is no time for any scrubbing, whip out the old methelated spirits... give them a good wipe down :) i dont think i will do that tho, ill stick to traditional methods.. prolly will spill off! haha nah! i swear i am going SOFT AZ on purpose as like my dad said, if i come off this sunday i prolly wont have time around work to repair in time.. so i mean really soft and i wont fall off! and if i do you may all point fun of me and laugh for falling off when not even pushing myself... but hey, theres a chance of that, it is me we are talking about.

and Si.. Sheeesh? little innocent me? ask greg how innocent i am :o

aye mitch! your the devilish weirdo one!

oh and to cut costs, mind if i sleep in tha car Si? down fielding? spose i could get room.. but pah, im young and can handle, and dont mind :)  we is gunna have FUN FUN FUN! hell yeah... we should start a KB racing team or somthing! oh and lastly.. i spose its hardly worth asking.. but is the racing number 69 taken? (dont expect you to answer Si as im thinking you only ever looked into getting the racing number 66 -sick sucker!:sick:) if not id like the number 041.

Racey Rider
13th September 2003, 09:02
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
if not id like the number 041.
WHOA there Newbe! :confused:

41 is already claimed! :Punk:

And it would be a bit embarassing to have two #41's fighty it out for last place in F3

And thr rules SAY! No three digit # allowed! :no:
Then again, I could use that as a technicality to get you disqualified from any race in which you get passed me. Thou just saying "It's KK!" should raise the eyebrows of the officials and get them rechecking your machine!

And WHAT is that machine again?? :whistle:

"It's a RVFRGPZZXRGSCB 400turbo Sir" :gob: :Oops: :o

georgedubyabush
13th September 2003, 13:04
With all this talk of scrubbing tyres in... what's the deal with 'cooking' tyres?

curious george
13th September 2003, 13:29
Take two tyres, in pre-heated oven @220 C, bake for 20mins or untill golden brown colour. Black smoke indicates overcooking.:)

After repeated scrubbing (hard out cornering action), or if your oven temp is too high, this can cook the tyre, changing the characteristics if the tyre.

Big Dog
13th September 2003, 16:33
Well to paraphrase the bald headed white guy in top gun, about time kk's body started cashing the cheques his mouth has been writing.:niceone:

Good on you KK all shit aside look after yourself and have fun!

Ciao,
Big Dog & Training Wheels.

bluninja
13th September 2003, 20:07
KK, funny I run with number 70...that's 69 plus 1:D

No you can't sleep in the car, you tight git. the accom we use in Manfeild is cheap as. The idea is to get some decent kip so you're fit to race the next day, not ready up an excuse as to why you couldn't perform on the day.

BB, no it's not adopting it's good racing sense. 3 bikes....1 killer 4x4 to tow them and carry all the gear, 3 riders, sharing all the costs both ways for fuel. Spare drivers in case one of us falls off and can't drive home, and extra pairs of hands to help fix things when stuff happens.....oh and someone captive to listen to the bullshit stories on the way home.

BTW the plan is not just the 1 race, but 2 days of back to back racing. Manfeild long track on saturday, Pukekohe on the Sunday. What a great start to my birthday week.

TTFN

Big Dog
13th September 2003, 22:53
Originally posted by bluninja
BB, no it's not adopting it's good racing sense. 3 bikes....1 killer 4x4 to tow them and carry all the gear, 3 riders, sharing all the costs both ways for fuel. Spare drivers in case one of us falls off and can't drive home, and extra pairs of hands to help fix things when stuff happens.....oh and someone captive to listen to the bullshit stories on the way home.
TTFN

Sound like you may end up holding KK's hand when he falls off then helping him fix his 140km slide before listening to 8 hours of war stories about a 4 hour race. lmao.:o

bluninja
14th September 2003, 10:46
Hold my hand? No. Follow me round the track...YES!

TTFN

wkid_one
14th September 2003, 16:25
S - seeing as you are coming down to Manfield - fancy picking me up from Welly so I can watch - and then dropping me back???  I won't be able to drive you see??

:stupid:

bluninja
14th September 2003, 17:41
Dan, would like to but we (Mitch and KK)are racing at Pukekohe the next day, and we will be away as soon as poss to get back up north and get rested. We're even going to be staying at Puke for the night to save the extra hour trip into Akl and then back again the next morning. What about Racey?

TTFN

wkid_one
14th September 2003, 22:04
Hmmm...if I can't find a ride - will just have to wish you luck instead.  Want to see KK's first outing tho.

Kwaka-Kid
26th September 2003, 22:10
cmon Wkid, where theres a will theres a way! blimmin hell, the worlds poorest/shittiest mechanic of a kid is starting racing.. cmon dude!

Hey Dave - if ya read this, now im finally doing it, you can give me that ass-whoopin around the track now, i do deserve it.

wkid_one
26th September 2003, 22:43
I think my quack would have something to say with my driving up 3 days after surgery - I will be there tho - promise

twistymover
27th September 2003, 00:38
Originally posted by wkid_one
I think my quack would have something to say with my driving up 3 days after surgery - I will be there tho - promise
Listen to the Quack,
Look after your back.
Unfortunately, I'm not going down, otherwise I'd offer you a lift.

Dave
29th September 2003, 10:49
Hey Dave - if ya read this, now im finally doing it, you can give me that ass-whoopin around the track now, i do deserve it.
See ya there!

Coldkiwi
7th November 2003, 11:31
well I'm sorry to say, not only did KK roundly whip my butt getting to the first race round at Pukekohe, I'm not going to be at this round on the 16th either :(

New bike was the original plan but i just don't have the money on hand to pay for the ancilliary stuff (bits/licences/testing)

looks like I'll have to make do with track days till the march round... :( :( :argh:

pants

bluninja
7th November 2003, 15:55
CK, nice bike. Shame about not racing.......was it the cost of a battery charger to recharge when you leave the parking lights on that tipped the balance?:)

TTFN

Coldkiwi
12th November 2003, 22:31
errr not quite.. mainly just that I haven't sold the Zx-6R yet!! (although its not far off that!) I was planing to use the money from that to pay for the mods/gear/licence/fees for the weekend. But money situation permitting I'll try and get to the December TT round at Puke.

Kwaka-Kid
13th November 2003, 09:46
you what? your SELLING the 6R? no way! thats crazy... you have urself a perfect F2 racebike right there.. strip it down, derego it, PERFECT! then you dont care if u smack it up, u dont need to worry about getting to work on monday etc coz its pure race...?? so were u planning on racing this new bike/riding it to work each day?    duude, please keep 6R and race it, dont need mods dude! look @ my VFR, just homemade can and thats IT!   and from that what i have learnt is that i really dont need the fastest bike out there as i am no way going to do very well/let alone come first anytime too soon, so i dont feel my pretty much stock bike is limiting me yet...

Coldkiwi
13th November 2003, 11:17
Yeah she's definitely up for sale because I need the money more than I need to go racing. I wouldn't race the 6R anyway because its too soft and squishy for serious race use. The GSXR will be much better that and more likely to get me out of a bad judgement call in a race without testing the leathers than the ZX.

You say the 6R doesn't need mods... but i will be very surprised if I don't drop at least 2 seconds off my time at Puke with this bike just under brakes and the extra top speed alone. So if I went racing modified versions of my GSXR (highly likely in F2) on an old stock ZX6R I would be really struggling to make it competitive and would probably bin it trying. :argh:

I know what you're saying logan and I have thought about it but I don't want my debts to get any bigger than they are just yet. I'm happy with my new toy and want to get a little closer to being in the black before I start shelling out heaps more cash (hence, I need the money from the 6R)

Kwaka-Kid
13th November 2003, 11:35
fair enuf dude... itd just suck to see yah come off in race and have a repair bill worth more then the 6R!? and thats in cosmetics alone :D

Good stuff if you wanna be competative but im sure that hanging out the back of the pack is just as fun as out the front.  I dont know how many people have said this to me now, but its about the races within the races, or they say something along those lines.. and that is SO true.. like i reckon (without yet experiencing) being out front 5seconds ahead of anyone else would get boring and id loose interest... whereas id far rather hang out the back surrounded by 2-3 bikes all changing positions etc, just so exciting! yeah alright when you walk up to the board and see you placed last or something it might not feel as good as a 1st, but dude, i just wipe that outta my head with the massive grin on my face knowing that last race was worth every last cent my bikes worth (heh the whole five of them cents)

Coldkiwi
13th November 2003, 11:52
when I say competitive, I don't mean I intend to be in a podium finish but neither do I want to be lapped as I start my the 5th lap! I'm sure the bike is capable of getting a 1st position in the NZ rounds if at the hands of Chambon and co. so I'm hoping to work up to a level of maybe finishing in the middle of the pack after a couple of meetings. We'll see :)

bluninja
14th November 2003, 19:32
Well a fantastic test day at Pukekohe today. The showers of the morning blew over to give a sunny day and dry track.

Just in case KK fails to mention it....he was getting his knee and pegs down at most corners and was getting really fast. Mitch had an absolute ball on her new bike after settling in on it...and finishing her last session...she looked like she had just had the best sex ever:o Ho-hoon just got faster and faster through the the twisty bits, particularly Jennian and round to Castrol. Shame he's so limited on top speed.

Me I just pootled round slowly being impressed at how fast these guys were and how much work I need to do to just keep up with them. In the frist dry session Ho-hoon and KK were doing 78 second laps, which is 8-10 seconds better than the last race meeting.....and they got faster through the day.

We're at the track on sunday 16th at Pukekohe for the real stuff...actual racing. 

TTFN

750Y
14th November 2003, 19:52
way to go people, sounds like an awesome day and everyone getting stuck into it. good luck for the races.

babyB
14th November 2003, 21:31
:(  i would ave gone but didnt know

wots a test day and wots a ride day wots a open day, hell wots the diff between them? and where do i get the dates from:o

750Y
15th November 2003, 07:17
Originally posted by babyB
:(  i would ave gone but didnt know

wots a test day and wots a ride day wots a open day, hell wots the diff between them? and where do i get the dates from:o

there's 3 types of day
1: Racing Day(full competition need race license & full gear)
2: Track Time (organised by Northern Accessories where classes of bikes are run at the track, non competition just fun, with marshalls/safety bales/cameras etc need reasonable gear)
3: Trackdays/OpenDays/TestDays(most saturdays or fridays where You pay $80 and do Your own thing ie practise for the next race or just blow out some cobwebs at Your own pace, non competitive again). This day is probably the most enjoyable as there is no pressure to perform and You get lots of time on the track(20 mins sessions alternating with other classes eg. cars/trucks/single seaters etc from 10:30 -16:30 need reasonable gear)
8-)

bluninja
15th November 2003, 08:52
I have a sheet with the test dates for Pukekohe on...including a bikes only day on a friday in Jan. I will post them when I remember to take them out of the car.

BabyB are you racing tomorrow?

TTFN

wkid_one
15th November 2003, 11:41
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - doctor gave me all clear to ride this week........well, not that I was entirely following his advice anyway - but that's a different story. 

Apparently, I had done an extremely good job of fucking shoulder in a royal way - he was telling me - but all good now.  I can now start physio and get that much closer to racing.  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kwaka-Kid
15th November 2003, 16:03
Originally posted by bluninja
she looked like she had just had the best sex ever:o

Youve seen her after the best ever ?  damn, is there something we should all know? :p

bluninja
15th November 2003, 17:41
KK it's a look you recognise with experience, or a vivid imagination. Anyhow why let truth get in the way of a perfectly good write up?:D

TTFN

Hoon
15th November 2003, 20:14
Yep had a great day, prob one of the best track days I've had and clocked up some serious K's.  Beautiful weather, started wet but from the end of the 2nd session on was bone dry.  Also only 2 classes there so it was bikes/cars/bikes/cars all day long.  Gary left us out there extra long too close to 20 laps which had lots of us shagged out and running out of gas.  My legs are super sore now, I got a sore right arm and even my clutch fingers are complaining!!!

KK improved steadily and went from "easy meat" to "barely keeping up with" by the end of the day (you line theiving bastard you!!:)

Hopefully it'll be dry for Sundays race and if I can equal my best of 1m15s I'll be happy!  However if it rains I'll suck again!

Coldkiwi
16th November 2003, 20:57
so how did the racing go today guys/gals? Ho-hoon, you got your  wish about the weather- what a pearler!

Kwaka-Kid
17th November 2003, 06:05
Hey Guys,  AWESOME days racing to say the least :D and my dad was there for the first time which made it even better for me.  I Qualified 16th with a 1:16.  First race i finished 11th/28 running a 1:14.43, they red flagged it and decleared it @ 3-4 laps because Leo right infront of me coming onto the front straight looked to get wobbly and cartwheeled her bike (i literally went by as it flipped thru the air, pissing my pants..not laughing.).  Second race i said i would cool down a bit a try regain some sort of smoothness, unfortunatly in some ways i got a piss poor start (think i bogged it down in 1st) but i managed to have some fun dicing with greg on his GSXR, oh and i did slow down as i ran a 1:15.51 but i must say i enjoyed the race ALOT more as i let the pressure off and just made it smooth... The third race definatly proved this worked as i had an average start and finished 12th, just going around the outside of mark robinson on the last corner (coming onto front straight) and beat him by around .17 of a sec to the finish line (and damn those 125's hold corner speed!)  oh and that one i ran a Fucking amazing (for me!!) 1:13.38.   I really couldnt believe it, loved the third race, felt nowhere near as stressed as the first race and everything fell into place and ran smooth.

All in all a great days racing, i can honestly say its been the best yet but i have a few bike setup things to attend to "Fluffy Cat" is going to "redo" all my suspension, apparently its way too soft, hence the constant scrapeing of everything and really kinda wobbly feeling coming onto the front straight.  Also must say Mitch did great in her races, as did craig (for someone who hates pukekohe)-oh and greg that friggin funny welshmen.  Si i didnt get to see you during the racing which was unfortunate but im sure there is reason for this and everything is going to fall into place sometime in the near future :)

Cu

bluninja
17th November 2003, 08:58
KK, you are doing fantastic and will be just getting better and better. The only way you are likely to see me is if you improve another few seconds and start lapping me:o I had a good day, if slow but I've plenty of time before the next round to work on me and my corner speed.

RU going to tracktime on 21st Dec?

TTFN

Hoon
17th November 2003, 09:37
Yes on Sunday KK went from the "barely keeping up with" dude to "pisses off into the distance"!!  1m13.38 is very impressive, you seemed to grab another second with each race!

My best of the day was a 1m16.7 and that was with Mitch spooking me when she dived in front of me on Jenian like a crazy woman!  But I think I'm going to have to buy a new bike to keep up with the rest of you guys, its frustrating outcornering people only to have them eat me back up on the straights.

But yeah a great day.  The first couple of laps are hellish as everyone is weaving/cutting off/fighting for the line.  I learnt heaps and was amazed at how brutal I could be with my bike mid turn grabbing handfuls of brake or tipping it over even more to avoid/pass people.

Also learnt a little more about my suspension because as the pace increased my rear started sliding out on the big turns and hurting my confidence.  I checked my setup and found my preload was too high in the rear and after lowering this 2 notches I only slid the rear two more times that day!

Kwaka-Kid
17th November 2003, 10:47
good stuff Hoon, you did well and hell yeah i reckon a 400 is what ya need!  Cheers for the compliament there Si but i think i have a fair wee way longer yet before i quite get anywhere near there.

Well im going to check my front brake pads today, remove my rear brake resevoir(just run the fluid in the line and blank it off) and change my rear tyre to a old 2nd hand hardend Dunlop GPR80  150/60/17  with about 90% tread.  Although i have learnt alot about new tyres and how awesome they are, i have also learnt that i cant afford to replace the back tyre every Sub-1000K's -and thats on a fairly hard compound Bridgestone BT90.

Hoon
17th November 2003, 11:03
Lining up for the first race! Me (43), Mitch(47), KK(5), Craig(48) and Bluninja(70).

gpercivl
17th November 2003, 15:55
Hee hee KK, don't go any faster or you'll be embarassing me next time, I was only 0.8 secs quicker....and you'll pick that up easy with your suspension sorted...looks like you got heaps of talent hidden in there :2thumbsup

What?
17th November 2003, 16:59
Good start in Race 1, KK. You did well out of a less than wonderful grid position. Sorry I couldnt see the day out - left at 3:00 when racing stopped waiting for the ambo to come back.

Kwaka-Kid
18th November 2003, 07:18
Hahaha Greg, maybe oneday, not too soon tho eh.

And What? -thanks for that mate, im just happy you left when you did and you didnt have to cry @ my 2nd start... sheesh it left everybody out front and me stuck at the back, and i still dont exactly know for sure what went wrong, think i just didnt have enuf revvs and she bogged down... this is why i need a louder exhaust i think, i cant even hear my bikes revv's over everyone elses :(   but its all fun and games! :)

What?
18th November 2003, 12:10
Yep. I think that's why they call it a "sport", KK.

Top day, too, was it not? Good to catch up with some of you guys and girls. Roll on the December national points meetings :2thumbsup

babyB
18th November 2003, 19:58
was a cool day well premo really. good to catch up with all u guys too. good on ya kk im rapped 4 ya hope u still wearing that smile though im not sure how it fitted in ya helmet:2thumbsup  im still bouncin round the house after racin doing 1:31.99 im not as fast as u guys but im rapped everything started falling into place 4 me finally dorpped :8.63 sec off me time over the day & total of  :18.98sec since last meet (if i can keep that up 4 rest of year ill b able to race with u guys.lol) yep way cool day see u all at round 3. good on ya guys:2thumbsup

Mitch
19th November 2003, 07:19
Well done BabyB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Was fantastic to see you getting some good laps in BUTT it was even better to watch you kick your ex's ass LMAO.    :2thumbsup  Well done chick!!!!!!  :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

babyB
19th November 2003, 11:43
cheers mitch  lol:o yep there was that too

hay mictch im still wondering bout the knobblies LMAO

Hitcher
6th January 2004, 14:59
We could always organise a "handicap" event... Hah!
:crazy:

FROSTY
8th May 2004, 16:18
well miotoracer is gonna put his money where his mouth is on 6.6.04--even If I have to drag him to the track kicking and screaming :2thumbsup

Kwaka-Kid
9th May 2004, 08:21
and rumour has it you could be lurking about the grid here xj? KB Racers GO GO GO! this is getting good. We honestly need a table up with the KB racers names and possies etc, would be crackup.

FROSTY
9th May 2004, 14:14
shhh--keep it quiet dude-- But yep I got motoracers zxr to go out on the track on--going like a madman to get it sorted in time.-=Ill kinda lurk--waaay back on the grid and let the fast guys go play without me
Does anyone know what the standard jetting is for a zxr400
Shes as flufffy as a sheep down the bottom end--needs different pilot jets

Kwaka-Kid
10th May 2004, 09:36
from my piss poor memory they ran 35's like my vfr's and the one i owned had 95's as mains, which is unlike my RVF motor as they have 108's and my VFR motor has 116/118 combo (front/back).
www.400greybike.co.uk has a ZXR400 section, although they dont post much in there and the sites mainly there for the Viffer section im sure they could tell you.

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 09:48
Sorry xjxjxj, by the time I brought the phone back to life it was already too late. I wouldn't have a clue about the jettings sorry. Its been a long time since I last kept track of it.

well miotoracer is gonna put his money where his mouth is on 6.6.04--even If I have to drag him to the track kicking and screaming :2thumbsup

Ok, thats it. I don't know what I am getting my self into here but I'll be joining the F2 grid. :confused:

Coldkiwi
10th May 2004, 13:29
Does anyone know what the standard jetting is for a zxr400
Shes as flufffy as a sheep down the bottom end--needs different pilot jets

mate, at pukekohe you should be permanently living above 10,000rpm on a four hundy. whats the problem ?? :)

ps.... funny how I did so well in that poll and all i've managed to do is get some fairings (yet to be fitted), put one crash bung on and get a race licence... andhaven't even been to watch any race meets!

*sigh*.. maybe later this year my finances will look a little healthier!

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 13:45
mate, at pukekohe you should be permanently living above 10,000rpm on a four hundy. whats the problem ?? :)

I've only done pukie so far so thats why I had never really looked into improving the bottom end. Even though it is crutial if you plan to race it (for the starts). Top end can be improved quite a bit as well I reckon. Have fun with it xjxjxj :niceone:

I was always horrified with the work involved with carbs. Good thing I have FI now, phew! :sweatdrop

FROSTY
10th May 2004, 13:48
no F$#$# way mate--pull ya finger out.
Look If needs be I have access to a jumbo van--so I can probably fit 4 bikes. Dont chicken out--come down to taupo with us and have some fun.
the more that turn up the cheaper the room will be.
I can do the basic race prep you'll need to get on the track. Wiring etc.

FROSTY
10th May 2004, 13:51
I've only done pukie so far so thats why I had never really looked into improving the bottom end. Even though it is crutial if you plan to race it (for the starts). Top end can be improved quite a bit as well I reckon. Have fun with it xjxjxj :niceone:

I was always horrified with the work involved with carbs. Good thing I have FI now, phew! :sweatdrop
Yea my concern too--manfeild and taupo both have some slower speed corners and itll bog down trying to get up to the higher revs.
Mind you I havent tried dropping the needles a notch yet --and up n down th street aint zactly track testing

Motoracer
10th May 2004, 14:00
no F$#$# way mate--pull ya finger out.
Look If needs be I have access to a jumbo van--so I can probably fit 4 bikes. Dont chicken out--come down to taupo with us and have some fun.
the more that turn up the cheaper the room will be.
I can do the basic race prep you'll need to get on the track. Wiring etc.

Ok, ok I'll be comming with you guys! No if's, but's, maybe or what ever. If I can still ride a bike and have a bike to ride on the 6th, I'll be there getting lapped by everyone and having fun. I just have to sort out my race licence this thursday night. Sure, I would really appriciate your help in going over the bike for a race prep. I don't think it needs any or many mods done to it. It is a race bike afterall.

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 14:05
WHo should i be calling to get a membership and Race licence???? IM keen as hell to get into SS150, but lately my funds have been going onto my bike only :( Any help would be great :niceone:

FROSTY
10th May 2004, 14:56
Ok to answer both you guys. 1) you need to join a motorcycle club
AMCC is the auckland club--now a full memmbership is $40 a year but under 20 I think is a junior membership so its cheaper.
AMCC will have race licence applications which you must fill out in full and send to MNZ --good news is that I cut a deal with MNZ and for $100 I got the rest of the current season and all next seasons licence for $100
As far as setup is concerned--yep motoracer I'd be suprised if your bike isn't ready to race But I have all the rules as far as wiring sump bolts etc, so its probably worth a quick checkover.
your riding gear will be scrutineered as well so I'd bring that allong too
a must have is back protector -1 piece/2 piece zip together leathers boots ,gloves and a Mnz approved helmet in top notch condition.

bluninja
10th May 2004, 18:43
ps.... funny how I did so well in that poll and all i've managed to do is get some fairings (yet to be fitted), put one crash bung on and get a race licence... andhaven't even been to watch any race meets!

*sigh*.. maybe later this year my finances will look a little healthier!
Mate, aren't you getting married in a month or so??? If you skip the wedding you'll have well enough money to go racing :devil2:

Two Smoker
10th May 2004, 18:46
Ok to answer both you guys. 1) you need to join a motorcycle club
AMCC is the auckland club--now a full memmbership is $40 a year but under 20 I think is a junior membership so its cheaper.
AMCC will have race licence applications which you must fill out in full and send to MNZ --good news is that I cut a deal with MNZ and for $100 I got the rest of the current season and all next seasons licence for $100
As far as setup is concerned--yep motoracer I'd be suprised if your bike isn't ready to race But I have all the rules as far as wiring sump bolts etc, so its probably worth a quick checkover.
your riding gear will be scrutineered as well so I'd bring that allong too
a must have is back protector -1 piece/2 piece zip together leathers boots ,gloves and a Mnz approved helmet in top notch condition.
Well ive got most of that, just need to drill my sump and change the coolant for water, Has someone got the number for AMCC?????

Kwaka-Kid
11th May 2004, 07:28
Dudes about revvs etc i cant let mine drop below 8,500rpm i think, think tahts the bottom limitish, because of my homemade pipe etc its got the NASTYIEST flatspot down under there, but ive never ever had a problem with it in a race. Dont think even around taupo it drops below 10,000 except rolling into a corner but then im smacking down mid (or early) corner a few gears, just trying to save the engine a bit. Pukekohe is where i need that low revvs stuff the most as i need to short shift to get over the hill, but luckily now i have gotten past a point where i was stuck down @ around 8, and because of picking up more speed etc i use that gear but start off higher up. Dont worry too much about it, they say you need it for the start? Try 16th place on the grid (3rd row) into 3rd place at the last race @ Pukekohe, with this stuffed up homemade pipe?> Who knows, but i sure as hell aint too fussy! in saying all this thought i am finally taking te carbs off the bike for the first time scince it came from japan as an unknowen quantity before taupo i think.
cheers, just my ideas.

Sk8r_Boi_
27th May 2004, 11:11
I Dont Know Aye I Just Choosed Random Lol

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 11:29
Kwaka Kid was the correct answer.

Kwaka-Kid
27th May 2004, 18:55
the answer to this question was the same as who is the slowest KB rider, you see its always backwards, the fast guys often never get the chance/can afford to race etc.

Motoracer
27th May 2004, 20:46
You know your fast KK, don't be so modest :Pokey:

BB musn't have gotten the chance to race cause I am pretty sure he could afford it.

FROSTY
27th May 2004, 20:49
and us old farts that cann afford it are slow and discracefull KK???

White trash
28th May 2004, 07:49
and us old farts that cann afford it are slow and discracefull KK???

Yup! :lol:

FROSTY
28th May 2004, 10:56
well WT we will just have to see at taupo wont we.?? mind you at this rate Ill be pushing the bike round

Big Dog
28th May 2004, 15:24
well WT we will just have to see at taupo wont we.?? mind you at this rate Ill be pushing the bike round
At least it will be the right colour. Hazrd yellow.

Ps are you going to put black stripes on it? :banana:

White trash
28th May 2004, 16:31
At least it will be the right colour. Hazrd yellow.

Ps are you going to put black stripes on it? :banana:

Nah, he wants to chuck some nice purple in the mix.

Make it all purdy just like Trashys bike :niceone:

FROSTY
28th May 2004, 16:34
nope its a kinda orangy yellow---like in the pic that n WKKD did for me waay back

Motoracer
28th May 2004, 16:37
Purple? :sick: Why on earth would he want a yellow and purple bike? :puke:

Big Dog
28th May 2004, 17:08
nope its a kinda orangy yellow---like in the pic that n WKKD did for me waay back
I reckon the Four hundy would looh wicked in Yellow and black hazard strips. Given his driving on the go cart track somewhat pertinant?

As to trying to look like Suzi? Mutton dressed as lamb. :shake: :lol:

Two Smoker
28th May 2004, 18:50
Great you and me both, we can have a pushing race hehehe :lol: although mine is painted (needs some touchups) just need to put the KB stickers on....

Kwaka-Kid
31st May 2004, 17:25
Well yesterday at taupo i was FAR from fast.

Motoracer
31st May 2004, 17:29

Holly shit! Now I am real worried :mellow:

Racey Rider
31st May 2004, 17:32
Someone who should know said Taupo is a very slippery track. Have you's falla's noticed that?

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 19:11
toupo slippery--nahh never --mind you the hairpin can be fun after rain lol

Two Smoker
31st May 2004, 19:16
What was the weather like??????? Damn of you were going slow, im going to be going like in in a walking frame :mellow:

Kwaka-Kid
31st May 2004, 19:55
nah there must have been about 20 accidents aye, god knows how i got placed 9th/20something? (24)? at the end of the day and 12th/44 in the series, as i swear i came so close to last every race, and got LAPPED AT TAUPO!! ONLY SIX LAP RACES! far out it was crazy, like 3 crashes per race or more, they just carried on, people mud sliding everywhere, pouring with rain... not the racing i enjoy at all, i just nanna'd along and made sure i got my skinny white ass across the finish line each race and consistency i guess helped my cause.

FROSTY
31st May 2004, 22:52
yea I hope like heck the weather clears up for the weekend.
hmm new bike ,new tyres , not raced for years. --bugger

andy1
1st June 2004, 09:26
Off topic a bit but, i am the next kiwibiker racer! YA!
i will keep u guys updated if u like, as im not racing in nz!
anywayz nice to meet some of you. good luck to those that are racing.
Motoracer! kk! and the others.
look out for ... :whistle:

:spudwave:

Motoracer
1st June 2004, 10:06
Off topic a bit but, i am the next kiwibiker racer! YA!
i will keep u guys updated if u like, as im not racing in nz!
anywayz nice to meet some of you. good luck to those that are racing.
Motoracer! kk! and the others.
look out for ... :whistle:

:spudwave:

Yea bro! Best of luck to you as well! I'll see ya if your not to busy before you head off.

Watch out Rossi!

andy1
1st June 2004, 11:05
thanks motoracer, ill come over today to catch up.
yea finally looks like i could be making it! yahooooo!

I nearly forgot thanks Marmoot some awesome rides shared together.
Never forget that 55k corner aye?! i know i never will! :shit:

And spankme was wondering if i could get some kiwibiker stickers sent to Japan?! would be cool to let everyone know im a kiwi! just let me know. cheers.

Big Dog
1st June 2004, 17:48
yea I hope like heck the weather clears up for the weekend.
hmm new bike ,new tyres , not raced for years. --bugger
Would not have thought new tyres would alter the speed that much at the pace you will be able to push it in race boots.... :lol:
:moon:

FROSTY
1st June 2004, 23:42
after all the time and effort Ive put in. If it needs pushing the only sound ittl be makeing is -WOOF -as it goes up in flames

Motoracer
2nd June 2004, 10:22
after all the time and effort Ive put in. If it needs pushing the only sound ittl be makeing is -WOOF -as it goes up in flames

Hey, be nice! :eyepoke: She is my ex ya know.

FROSTY
2nd June 2004, 13:08
yea yea waddever.--Says mr overtired and pissed off. -bloody black stickers bubbled up on me -looks like crap on the new paintwork

Kwaka-Kid
2nd June 2004, 21:02
and she looked so nice before you touched her XJ! :P
she had better look even better or else! :P

Big Dog
4th June 2004, 18:18
and she looked so nice before you touched her XJ! :P
she had better look even better or else! :P
Isn't that ironic!

mikey
28th January 2005, 21:19
what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee guys wheres the (insert word that makes sense)

(insert sentence that makes sense)

*repeat several times

(insert insult to spur further convo)