PDA

View Full Version : Overseas biker visit (brother & wife) in Feb 08

6ft5
21st December 2007, 15:51
In February 2008, my brother and wife, both bikers, arrive for my sons wedding. They have not been to our beautiful country before and I would like to show them what this means on 2 wheels.

Obviously they can't bring their own rides and gear so am looking for options and ideas how to help them. Talked to MOPEDS in Wellington today so got some rental feedback to start with and wonder if there are other options for 2 bikes, brother currently rides a R1150R and wife a CB600 or similar. :woohoo:

fredie
29th December 2007, 22:11
have a good time .mann:2thumbsup:hug:

6ft5
2nd January 2008, 08:34
Have since my post organised this trtough 0800MOPEDS in Wellington, really cost effective. Now looking for a visit itenary, obviously RotoVegas but more interested in the roads to get there and back. any ideas?

woodybee
2nd January 2008, 10:23
Heard you are coming over to NZ. I live in Queenstown, so if you venture down here, then be sure to look me up, you can grab my room in a house I share and see this wonderful area. Let me know if you are down here, and I could give you my private email address and get the ball rolling from there.

Enjoy the country and more important the Wedding.

Happy New Year

Woodybee AKA Jan:niceone:

6ft5
4th January 2008, 16:30
Heard you are coming over to NZ. I live in Queenstown, so if you venture down here, then be sure to look me up, you can grab my room in a house I share and see this wonderful area. Let me know if you are down here, and I could give you my private email address and get the ball rolling from there.

Enjoy the country and more important the Wedding.

Happy New Year

Woodybee AKA Jan:niceone:
Cheers, Woodybee

Happy new year, we may not make it that far but if we do I will be in touch!

Herman

clint640
8th January 2008, 10:57
Have since my post organised this trtough 0800MOPEDS in Wellington, really cost effective. Now looking for a visit itenary, obviously RotoVegas but more interested in the roads to get there and back. any ideas?

If you've got the time try & include East Cape & Coromandel would be my advice. Have fun!

Cheers
Clint

MSTRS
8th January 2008, 11:00
The itinerary will depend on time available. Any hints?

kinger
10th January 2008, 15:50
If you're going to Rotovegas, then there's really no excuse not to hit the Coromandel.
We went up from Taupo on Sunday, and were in Coromandel town within about 4 1/2 hours, and that was being a good "60 point" boy. Admittedly we were staying for a couple of nights, but if they're bikers, you really owe it to them to do the loop.
Anyway, heading north , avoid SH1 if poss, go the west side of Lake Taupo from Taumaranui.

6ft5
10th January 2008, 18:35
thanks good advice will take that on, did the parapras last saturday and was very exiting, and perhaps a good intro to NZ riding.