PDA

View Full Version : Non-Bikers have “positive” image of biking

Bob
6th November 2004, 00:54
According to research undertaken by the Motor Cycle Industry Association (MCI), public perceptions of biking are more positive than suggested.

Over 40% were neutral and 23% were positive. Attitudes to motorcycling tend to be more positive in cities such as Bristol and London where significant motorcycle-friendly policies have been adopted. But this was also true of Cambridge where no such policy exists and other non-car modes are favoured.

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 12:52
According to research undertaken by the Motor Cycle Industry Association (MCI), public perceptions of biking are more positive than suggested.

Over 40% were neutral and 23% were positive. Attitudes to motorcycling tend to be more positive in cities such as Bristol and London where significant motorcycle-friendly policies have been adopted. But this was also true of Cambridge where no such policy exists and other non-car modes are favoured.

Must be to do research on that. :whocares:

Two Smoker
15th November 2004, 16:53
Thats unusual considering when you talk to most non-riders that they say "isnt that dangerous" or "so many people Die/get injured on motorcycles"....

Good to see that attitude is changing.....

inlinefour
26th November 2004, 08:15
Thats unusual considering when you talk to most non-riders that they say "isnt that dangerous" or "so many people Die/get injured on motorcycles"....

Good to see that attitude is changing.....

I get all sorts of people asking me to get rid of my bike as they say they want me around. I reckon I'll just continue enjoying life. :niceone:

John
26th November 2004, 09:47
I get all sorts of people asking me to get rid of my bike as they say they want me around. I reckon I'll just continue enjoying life. :niceone:
AMEN!!

(best call ever)

James Deuce
26th November 2004, 10:10
I reckon the interviewer only spoke to people on crack.

Marmoot
26th November 2004, 10:46
Over 40% were neutral and 23% were positive.

Dude, you're smooking too much weed. :blink:
That means about 37% thinks negative. And when you have more negative than positive, no matter how big the neutral is the total perception is still negative.

Only spindoctors would say "the public are positive"

lies, damn lies and statistics.........