PDA

View Full Version : Endgame

devnull
21st December 2007, 22:41
Damn! Just finished watching this movie - disturbing, to say the least.

Basically, it's a doco that covers a lot of history, and the push to create a world govt. Some of the atrocities committed by govts are nothing short of shocking.

I'm not talking 3rd world either... e.g. forced sterilisation right through into the '80s (U.S.)

All in all, worth watching, but parts of it will surprise you

The slamming of the global warming scam is quite good - Mars & Jupiter are also warming, so the reporter asks the greenie how our vehicles are causing this. The dude laughs and says it's because those planets are closer to the sun. He wasn't happy when his error was pointed out :buggerd:

sAsLEX
21st December 2007, 22:52
I'm not talking 3rd world either... e.g. forced sterilisation right through into the '80s (U.S.)

Yeah terrible.... since the world is overpopulated as it is we should ensure everyone has the right to pump out lots of babies..... GO AFRICA!

onearmedbandit
21st December 2007, 22:55
I'm backing India!

Steam
21st December 2007, 22:55
Gotta love those conspiracy theory movies.

devnull
21st December 2007, 23:04
This one's a lot better than the Bowling for Columbine one...

But I'd say about 60-70% is historical. Some VERY interesting history in there, if you're interested in technology
I should warn you though, some of the scenes are pretty graphic. Especially the scenes of Mao's reign in China, which include harvesting peasants for the sale of body parts, execution of students, and euthanasia of the elderly.

Pretty high price to pay for "population control" - 60 million dead

Steam
21st December 2007, 23:22
http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s2451game.html

"Step right up! Get yer Eclectic Paranoia!
"I wish I weren't reviewing this 'documentary', as even a negative review will give it what it wants, publicity."

"...conspiracy theory rehashes the same old bigoted blather about secret cabals of Jews or Papists, dressed up in a shiny video presentation."

"...Endgame sells a wild conspiracy fantasy with something to offer every malcontent and paranoid on the planet. If anything, Endgame's rants actually help Globalism, by branding its opponents as irrational cranks."

But saying all that, I've never seen it, it may well be a thoughtful insight into our culture, well researched, impartial, and desperately honest.

It could be.:jerry:

devnull
21st December 2007, 23:42
I'd hunted around for reviews, saw 2 that said it was reasonably good, so thought I'd take a look.

I found some of the presentation melodramatic, but historically, it was reasonably well researched (though I'm sure I've seen the same footage of U.S. troops being used as guinea pigs at a nuclear test site several times before. The use of U.S. troops as human test subjects is pretty well documented)

Some of the other clips haven't been as widely publicised, but are obviously 3rd party footage. Overall, it's pretty well put together.

The guy could be completely wrong - global warming might be a reality (hah!), NASA might be wrong about Jupiter & Mars also warming, but there's enough in there to make you wonder.... I'd give it a 6/10 - could be better, but worth a look

Steam
21st December 2007, 23:49
Ok, sounds like I should give it a try.
I'll watch it as soon as I've got my tin-foil pyramid hat perfected, because then I won't hear the sinister voice of an undead Rob Muldoon coming from my teapot telling me to kill, kill.

devnull
21st December 2007, 23:58
Ok, sounds like I should give it a try.
I'll watch it as soon as I've got my tin-foil pyramid hat perfected, because then I won't hear the sinister voice of an undead Rob Muldoon coming from my teapot telling me to kill, kill.

:jerry:

Actually, I thought it was worth having a look purely for the historical content. It was surprising how IBM came about - they developed a crude computer system for the Germans before & during WW2.

The group they talk about does exist; whether or not you buy into the conspiracy part is up to you - that appears to be mostly conjecture.

Be warned, it's quite a long movie...

I met Rob Muldoon after he retired... was quite a nice bloke with a good sense of humour :laugh:

Steam
22nd December 2007, 00:03
yesh, he's a top bloke, we chat all the time.

devnull
22nd December 2007, 00:14
yesh, he's a top bloke, we chat all the time.

Ahh... I guess tinfoil hats aren't very effective then :eek5:

James Deuce
22nd December 2007, 09:02

That's still happening here.

Lovely place, NZ.

Winston001
22nd December 2007, 16:32
The slamming of the global warming scam is quite good - Mars & Jupiter are also warming........
:buggerd:

I don't know about Jupiter but I can answer that Mars "warming" isn't a fact. What is happening is that part of the South Pole icefield appears to be shrinking but we don't know why. There are seasonal shifts going on all of the time and it could be a localised effect.

James Deuce
22nd December 2007, 17:31
I don't know about Jupiter but I can answer that Mars "warming" isn't a fact. What is happening is that part of the South Pole icefield appears to be shrinking but we don't know why. There are seasonal shifts going on all of the time and it could be a localised effect.

Just like on Earth.