PDA

View Full Version : KB/Frosty trackday March 2008

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 05:58
16 MARCH 2008 - For all RIDERS to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe, fun environment.

3 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 3 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med, Fast. FIRST session will include a track familiarisation group. Numbers per group will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

This time round I will have instructors garaged in the sign-in pits so you know who to call on during the day for advice or one-on-one riding tuition.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

A 12-INCH SUBWAY SUB will be able to be ordered at sign-on -- delivered at 12.30 ish. There will be a hot food wagon doing hot chips, etc, all day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals around the track.

ALL FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER

Payment details are below in the next post.

Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the four posts following.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!
PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE DAY IN POST 3.

Tony can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
tfrost@xtra.co.nz

Please note -THIS is the place to check for any detail changes

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 05:59
PAYMENT FOR TRACK DAY

PLEASE NOTE ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE BUT ARE TRANSFERABLE
If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot -but there are always people who leave it till the last minute

PAYMENT TO BNZ HENDERSON -TFROST ACC NUMBER 02 0152 0035747 66
DONT FORGET TO USE YOUR NAME OR NICKNAME AS A REFERENCE

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1) PAYMENT IN FULL /UP FRONT $100.00
2)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT AND $50.00 BALANCE PAID 28 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY (TOTAL $100)
3)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT BALANCE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EVENT OR ON THE DAY $70.00 (TOTAL $120.00)
NO ENTRY ON THE DAY

Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTENDING LIST

Confirmed attending -paid in FULL

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 05:59
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Have a read below and it should cover it all off

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GET YA BIKE/GEAR UP TO SCRATCH

As a guideline a roadbike needs to be up to WOF standard and a racebike needs to be up to normal raceday sxcrutineering
READ BELOW for specifics that are NOT NEGOTIABLE

TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
.-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

FOOTPEGS AND HANDLEBARS MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends -THIS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES RUBBER HANDLEBAR GRIPS COVERING THE END OF THE BARS IT MUST BE SOLID
(PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

.Mirrors removed or taped up.-again No glass to fall on the track

No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/

GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine as are indicators

Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )

No sharp/edges/loose parts hanging down/sticking out from the bike this includes front fender and plastic fairing sides--If in doubt DUCT TAPE is your freind. .

Camera mounts are a specific area of concern.they are as a rule not allowed especially any tank mounted ones
basicly if it might impale you as you rotate forward in a crash or as you fly sideways in a highside then its a no go
The tank mount type are just plain deadly and it aint negotiable -but those bullet type that tape into the fairing are all good

Chain needs to be correctly tensioned

Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction)

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
No holes in contact areas
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

Personal conduct--
This SHOULD not need to be stated But .TRACKDAYS ARE ALCOHOL FREE ZONES -Noone under the influence of alchohol will be allowed on the track and NO alchohol to be consumed whilst the day is running.
After the day is over is fine
Riding in a blatently dangerous manner will not be tolerated.
You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence.
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.
I believe this applies to other track day organisers but It would be innapropriate to speak on their behalf
-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -Form back up on the dummy grid . ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) Waved Chequred flags at all flag points means end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding -ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the next session.
8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill the track closes for the day.-by riders or spectators.(anyone in your pit area drinking is your responsibility)
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event control and they MUST wear a fluro vest --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20)Sesssion flags will be displayed at track control -3 blasts on a foghorn are to tell you next session is up--the flags will be changed to the next session .

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding gear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 06:01
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as the organiser has made VERY clear in the past
The Frostys trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed test or a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is the event organiser cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
The organiser cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
the organiser will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD the organiser SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day the organiser have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one the organiser has made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

owner
22nd December 2007, 06:04
first............................. ill be there even i come last

DEATH_INC.
22nd December 2007, 06:06
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
Frosty has spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
I know that sounds a lot but
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage 10m x10m with fluro lighting.
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each

Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

GIXser
23rd December 2007, 21:09
WTF, how come you are posting all this shit... has frosty's harddrive spat it self??

RC1
23rd December 2007, 21:10
WTF, how come you are posting all this shit... has frosty's harddrive spat it self??

i think FROSTY has left the building

DEATH_INC.
5th January 2008, 21:27
Yeh, long story....

Bikernereid
5th January 2008, 21:29
From what I saw and experienced today!!!!

first............................. ill be there even i come last

Mort
8th January 2008, 19:41
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
Frosty has spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday

WOW... what a bargain !!!! $100 more than MotoTT and $200 more than every other track in the world !!!

Queue up quick lads before they're all gone !!!

Jorja
11th January 2008, 07:21
Moto TT are $100 per HALF garage. Perhaps you can negotiate a better price with the track owners or discuss the pricing with them? Their number is clearly listed.

ajturbo
11th January 2008, 08:10
hymmmmmm... i would like to think that the $200 was for the WHOLE of the garage..ie: the double, where you can fit 20 bikes in...
NOT $ 200/person.....

i hope i am right... i have been know too...HONEST... i think:bash:

emaN
11th January 2008, 08:22
i think Mort was addressing the principle, rather than the specific price in question.
ie, being that KB/Frosty are hiring the facility, he should be given access to the complete facility.
and i agree.

does the A1 GP circus have to pay extra for garages when they book the venue?

ajturbo
11th January 2008, 21:14
when i was lurking around the pits at the last race in taupo( end of year..)

Grumpy(?) was asking the sidecar boys for $$$ for everyone who was using the pits....
now that tell me that they hired the TRACK....
the sheds were opened for us, we had to pay them for the use...

same thing happens at manfeild....
you want to use the flash ( at least they are !.. with air hoses! and a desent tub!) garages... you pay extra...

you want the the sheep pens?... get in early for the best ones...

DEATH_INC.
12th January 2008, 05:04
WOW... what a bargain !!!! $100 more than MotoTT and $200 more than every other track in the world !!!

Settle down...... you can discuss the costs with the track owner if you have an issue....Frosty only hires the track, not the extra's.....

DEATH_INC.
12th January 2008, 05:05
Time for a reminder, this is only a couple of months away now, time to sign/pay up!

ajturbo
12th January 2008, 06:18
Settle down...... you can discuss the costs with the track owner if you have an issue....Frosty only hires the track, not the extra's.....
ummm.... that was what i was implying...
well i want it to be read that way,
but hey, i like telling stories...

Jorja
12th January 2008, 11:04
Frosty has a few weeks to go before he is forced to pull the pin on this one.
so far very few have paid up to attend

FROSTY
15th January 2008, 09:49

Dude take it up with the track owners
Argueing about what should/shouldn't be provided doesn't encourage those of us that ARE doing something to carry on.
It is what it is. If you can get a garage for free I'm really keen to follow up with you on it. NO sarcasm here from me

PZR
29th January 2008, 11:07
Just checking Frosty, did you get my money and is this all still going ahead, just curious as the ad has disappeared off the home page
Cheers
Evan