PDA

View Full Version : Hi Norf Islanders

LoC
23rd December 2007, 13:07
Can anyone tell me if the rd from Stratford to National Park Via Taumarunui is sealed all the way? (Highway 42 to Taumurunui and 41 to Nat Park) and is it an excellent ride.
Cheers all!

nadroj
23rd December 2007, 13:39
About 16 km gravel in good condition thru the Tangarakau gorge from Tahora tunnel towards Taumaranui.

LoC
23rd December 2007, 14:14
Cheers man! Think I'll have to anti scuff my entire bike lol nice busa btw!

Warr
23rd December 2007, 14:40
Went through there a month ago. The 12-16k's of gravel are no sweat. Tis hard packed and little gravel to be seen. Would be an interesting :no: ride if it was wet tho!!

Bren
23rd December 2007, 15:27
Hey mate, are you up norf now?

LoC
23rd December 2007, 16:10
Hey Brendan, Nah not yet mate, gotta do the obligatry stuff, pigout pissup party (not neccasarily in that order) see the inlaws visit the outlaws, make fruitless n/years resolutions sober up and go see why so many ppl live up norf? 13 days on the rd woohoo Sounds good!

oldrider
23rd December 2007, 16:17
Have a good ride/time up there Fred and watch out for stone bruises on that blinged out Busa! :cool: Cheers John.

PS: Wish I was coming with you!

LoC
23rd December 2007, 16:26
Thanx John I'll baby sit me busa 80kph tops lol I'll post some piccys for ya too You just look after that lovely trumpy of yours, maybe seeya at Woodstock (I'll be that maori on the flash busa or is that flash maori on the plain busa). Merry Christmas and take it easy over new years too now!