PDA

View Full Version : Help with clutch info

Voodoo
6th November 2004, 22:33
howdy,

just want to know how bad it is:

anyway me and my mate decided to take the bikes out, anyway he rings me up saying his clutch isnt working(we both dont know to much about our bikes yet) so anyway went around for alook, but seemed to be more than just the cable so we dicided to take my bike out anyway, well unloaded the bike at our desternation, started it up no worrys , put it into gear, and took off, well just as i started to accelerate it started to loss power anyway pulled clutch in and it wasnt working too, anyway secound gear and i give it some more, started to shoot away then again it lost power till it died, felt as if something was holding it back, it started up again , but by then no clutch?

no my mates bike is in a garage getting a new clutch, just wondering if mines just the clutch too or something worse? :disapint:

merv
7th November 2004, 08:31
By losing power do you mean the engine was cutting out and just dying? Was it sputtering/misfiring? If the clutch is buggered you usually get slip and the engine will just rev with little forward motion of the bike.

I'm guessing your problem is either:

Lack of fuel - you sure you got the tap on right?
Blocked jet in the carb - then would need a clean out checking the jets are clear of crud.
If its misfiring, check the spark plug aint fouled.
This is on the YZ125 right? So you did mix oil with the fuel eh? Otherwise you might be nipping it up and if so that won't do the engine any good.
If all the above isn't it you'll have more serious problems as in could cost a few bucks - could be one of many things - ignition trouble, reed block trouble,power valve trouble - then you'd need the shop to check it out for you probably if you don't know much about it.

Voodoo
7th November 2004, 09:52
cheers, ill do that,
as for what it was doing, umm, i guess it was kinda spluttering, with abit of a misfire when trying to give it more gas, ill have alook at the sparkplug and see if its all fouled up, hopefully its something miner

o and yeah, tap was one, oil mixed with fuel, etc , had been going good last few times out