PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle lift

Motu
7th August 2003, 08:35
Repco are selling these things as motorcycle lifts - I got one to demo...it says ATV lift on the box.Rated at 1500lbs,a thousand pound optimistic I'd say.

Motu
7th August 2003, 08:40
I have to pull the wheels off the TLR 200 after every trial,this could ease the chore.There are hooks to strap it down,but it is very stable considering how narrow the frame is.Taking a wheel off will upset the balance,so strapping would be a matter of course.

Motu
7th August 2003, 08:45
My old Yamaha XS1 650 weighs over 400lb,I had to put a block under the front to level it,but it's still stable enough to work on unstrapped.

Motu
7th August 2003, 08:57
This thing probably weighs over 475,but the wide flat frame makes it stable - I am testing this rig on lower lift heights because that's when it's at it's most unstable,as the load becomes more vertical it becomes more steady.

So OK,my bikes have no gut stands and no dangly crap underneath,but it works on my rides,so I think I'll keep it.

wkid_one
7th August 2003, 18:11
Don't paddock stands do exactly the same thing (other than allow you to remove the suspension that is......and I can't say I do that very often....easier too with modern bikes having pipes running under the bike)

bikerboy
7th August 2003, 20:10
?????:gob: ??????

:Offtopic: ??

fergie
7th August 2003, 20:45
how much are they motu? love the trials bike!

ferg

Kwaka-Kid
7th August 2003, 21:11
yeah whats the pricetag read?

Motu
8th August 2003, 10:30
I think they will retail for about $310,$315 incl GST - but I don't pay retail,or gst:D ,so it's not too bad for me.

A race stand is not suitable for me,a MX stand is ok for the trials bike,won't fit under the XS1 - and lifting the XLV with leg power is beyond a squirt like me,as I said - it suits my bikes...so it suits me.

NZred
16th August 2003, 16:40
I went to Repco today,.. they say that they do not sell them.. :gob:

go figure..  I guess that they are not awware.. or not awake :rolleyes:

Motu
17th August 2003, 16:00
The first shipment of 50 were sold in days,so I put my name down for a demo of the next one my branch got in.It could be a trade only deal - but I doubt it...Repco turned their back on the motor trade years ago,the retail parts trade is too lucrative.

The TLR spent most of the week on the lift as I cleaned the brakes and played with the rear shocks,it's certainatly a must have for me,I'm happy.