PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Short, Hi! (Chanak)

Chanak
24th December 2007, 23:15
Hi! New to kb, and biking, looking for something to learn to ride on atm.

Prefer sportsbike-types, but not -tooooo- fussy atm (if the price is right, etc =P). As title says, I'm short (153, small too at 50kg), so any suggestions? (Looking around other threads too, jus saying hi, so I figured I'd ask here too)

So uh.... hi!

McJim
24th December 2007, 23:19
If you mean Invers as in Invercargill then boy have we got the bike for you! The mighty Frog has come up for sale since my wife passed her full licence last week.

It's a little black RG150 and comes with free tuition from me if you like :)

click this link for more details http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=63196

If you're interested in having a no obligation look then let me know - more than happy to let you hear some of my opinons on learning too.

Chanak
24th December 2007, 23:32
a) Yes, Invers = Invercargill (quick response btw, and I can't believe how long I just looked for the 'end' key on my keyboard to add this part)

b) tempting, I'm working over the next 4 days (hooray for 12hr shifts!) (hooray for 12hr shifts on XMAS DAY) (hooray for saying hooray?), but I'd be interested in having a look... oh, and the tuition, I'll probally need it ;)

c) <--- to make a and b look less stupid.

McJim
24th December 2007, 23:34
Fair enough - Private Message on its way.

Romeo
24th December 2007, 23:48
looking for something to learn to ride on atm.

My suggestion? Take his 'Frog' RG150 off of him! As soon as I got a bike sorted out he decides to sell that RG, and I would have happily snapped it up. I've been watching the 250cc market for the last two years, and it's very competetively priced.

Don't let the 150cc capacity fool you, they're very quick bikes, but also somewhat learner friendly.

Chanak
25th December 2007, 00:12
My suggestion? Take his 'Frog' RG150 off of him!

Yea, right now I'm hating my work schedule, and the fact I'm not going to be seen much for the next 4 days ;) (then again, next 2 are xmas/boxing day, so probally not the -best- time anyway)

Hard to look at a bike when you work/sleep/repeat for a few days (although we do have the 'between day'..)

(ps. great response to a 'hi' post having someone that seems so willing to help a newb like myself respond right away ;))

McJim
25th December 2007, 06:41
(ps. great response to a 'hi' post having someone that seems so willing to help a newb like myself respond right away ;))

I was a Noob on here not so long ago. I got heaps of support from KBers all the way through - got some great tuition and fantastic advice on bikes.

It's only fair to pass the favour on.

Anyway - Southland needs more sportbikes - too many cruisers down here (Watch out for Scumdog!)

Chanak
29th December 2007, 18:27
Yay, learning to ride, finally, with a few little bumps to start off with...

Thanks to McJim for the tuition, and all the patience while teaching a complete noob to ride ;) (*coughandthankstothepeopleatthelightsfortheirpati encetoocough*). Chickadee was awesome too ;)

And another thing that dawned on me, 10years of gaming, and first internetpeople I ever met ;) (Except for the person I played games with that was a tutor in one of my classes, but we never actually -met-, so... strange =P)

Edit: sorry for the almost-oops-moments, too =P

McJim
29th December 2007, 18:34
10years of gaming, and first internetpeople I ever met ;) (Except for the person I played games with that was a tutor in one of my classes, but we never actually -met-, so... strange =P)

Edit: sorry for the almost-oops-moments, too =P

Yep - it's pretty normal on KB to meet people in Meatspace as we call it.

As for the oops moments, well you didn't actually drop it so that's okay and if you did then you would have bought it eh?

Daffyd
29th December 2007, 20:33
Yea, right now I'm hating my work schedule, and the fact I'm not going to be seen much for the next 4 days ;) (then again, next 2 are xmas/boxing day, so probally not the -best- time anyway)

Hard to look at a bike when you work/sleep/repeat for a few days (although we do have the 'between day'..)

Sounds remarkably like a certain aluminium smelter I used to work at.

Chanak
29th December 2007, 20:38
Sounds remarkably like a certain aluminium smelter I used to work at.

People work there?

I mean... there's a reason for that ;)

McJim
29th December 2007, 20:42
Tiwai? Isn't that a vaginal lubricant or summat? Works well on chains I hear..:rofl:

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 21:46
Heheh watch out or ye be speaking canny scots like with McJim! Good on ya for getting into the biking and kudos to Clan McJim for their helpful nature (or you just grin and nod when you have a large scotsman looming over you! :sweatdrop)

McJim
29th December 2007, 21:48
Heheh watch out or ye be speaking canny scots like with McJim! Good on ya for getting into the biking and kudos to Clan McJim for their helpful nature (or you just grin and nod when you have a large scotsman looming over you! :sweatdrop)

You were quite pleased when said large Scotsman LOOMED over you that fateful day on Twilight Road matey! :rofl:

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 21:52
You were quite pleased when said large Scotsman LOOMED over you that fateful day on Twilight Road matey! :rofl:

Actually you know I'm always mightily pleased regardless! Eggs sunny side up :sunny: Glass is half-filled because I've already drunken the other half already sorta guy! :rofl:

So where were you when I low-sided at Raglan huh? Huh? Huh? :oi-grr: I dunno, wheres the consistency huh?

McJim
29th December 2007, 21:56
Actually you know I'm always mightily pleased regardless! Eggs sunny side up :sunny: Glass is half-filled because I've already drunken the other half already sorta guy! :rofl:

So where were you when I low-sided at Raglan huh? Huh? Huh? :oi-grr: I dunno, wheres the consistency huh?

Some of us obeyed the conditions of our icences and stayed indoors after 10pm - y'know how the police get pissed off at over 35s being out on the road after 10pm! :rofl: