PDA

View Full Version : Best Palmy bikeshops?

illusivemenace
26th December 2007, 21:33
hey all heading over from wangas tomorrow and am wanting to have a look at some bike shops
can anyone recommend any good ones / dodgy ones two stayaway from i know where ptmc and freedom honda are but any others two have a gees at?

quickbuck
26th December 2007, 22:25
AFC up Main St/ Napier Road.

cowboyz
26th December 2007, 22:34
ha ha ha ha. He said good ones!

NZsarge
27th December 2007, 03:34
On average Phil Turnbull Motorcycles.:niceone:

GSVR
27th December 2007, 06:17
PedalPushers is Palmys best bike shop IMO.

Bonez
27th December 2007, 13:25
Agreed :doctor:

quickbuck
27th December 2007, 21:27

Haha, yes, good point. I get top service in there too.

Meanie
27th December 2007, 21:40

Not to mention the only Honda parts shop in town :laugh:

NZsarge
28th December 2007, 02:20

Not to mention the only Honda parts shop in town :laugh:

Ha ha........nice:niceone:

phantom
28th December 2007, 04:46
I prefer CrankIt in Cuba St to Pedal Pushers. Sorry getting off topic. Phil Turnbull is probably best overall.

huck farley
28th December 2007, 08:15
Anza Motors is pretty darn good, they have looked after me in the past. They have a great showroom, heaps of bikes to druell over especially if you are into Harley's. They are the red carpet dealers for Honda, Beull, and Triumph.

They also have a great selection of second hand bikes.

The guys in the workshop a highly skilled technicians.

The parts department has a great deal of on hand parts and clothing. If they haven't got what you want they will get it in overnight.

Hard to go past them really...

Stella
28th December 2007, 11:31
Phil Turnbull's
They have always treated me like a human being, despite being a girl who knew nothing about bikes (boo AFC!! :mad::mad: )
They are sooooo helpful and each person I have dealt with comes up and asks how X bit of gear they each sold me is going. They ROCK.

I have only gone in to ANZA briefly, but like others I found they weren't interested in you if you weren't looking at Harleys. Tried on helmets there but saleman was fairly poor, went to Turnbulls and... they rock :)

HornetBoy
28th December 2007, 11:48
Phil Turnbull's
They have always treated me like a human being, despite being a girl who knew nothing about bikes (boo AFC!! :mad::mad: )
They are sooooo helpful and each person I have dealt with comes up and asks how X bit of gear they each sold me is going. They ROCK.

I have only gone in to ANZA briefly, but like others I found they weren't interested in you if you weren't looking at Harleys. Tried on helmets there but saleman was fairly poor, went to Turnbulls and... they rock :)

yep exactly my thought (just brought a bike from Phil turnbulls and wouldn't hesitate to go there again brilliant service :niceone:)
ANZA ,well i dont think i have ever been approached when i have gone in there :no: and their prices are sky high anyway ,and thats what got me to buy my latest bike,they actually approached me and yea +they make a brilliant coffee which helps

Timaa
28th December 2007, 12:18
heaps of bikes to druell over

hahahaha awesome. !!! bling sent

NZsarge
28th December 2007, 12:41
Phil Turnbull's

yep exactly my thought (just brought a bike from Phil turnbulls and wouldn't hesitate to go there again brilliant service :niceone:)
ANZA ,well i dont think i have ever been approached when i have gone in there :no: and their prices are sky high anyway ,and thats what got me to buy my latest bike,they actually approached me and yea +they make a brilliant coffee which helps
Ummm...Ditto.....:D I've always been treated well at AFC but I know people that have'nt but I guess there are people that will have that to say about every dealership in town eh...

banditrider
28th December 2007, 16:20
Anza Motors is pretty darn good, they have looked after me in the past. They have a great showroom, heaps of bikes to druell over especially if you are into Harley's.

You mean only if you're into Harley's. Did not want to sell me a Blackbird...

Never say gidday etc etc. I don't spend any money there and wouldn't even if I owned a Honda.

I have only gone in to ANZA briefly, but like others I found they weren't interested in you if you weren't looking at Harleys. :)

Exactly.

In my opnion Phils have gone downhill since Phil sold out. The parts guys - particularly David are good and so is the service dept. Sales guys can be uninterested and they lost a 2 bike deal from my mate & I when we bought our Bandits.

NZsarge
28th December 2007, 17:40
In my opnion Phils have gone downhill since Phil sold out. The parts guys - particularly David are good and so is the service dept. Sales guys can be uninterested and they lost a 2 bike deal from my mate & I when we bought our Bandits.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I think they have picked their game up somewhat of recent. I reckon they have realized that the bikes were'nt just going to sell themselves and picked their ideas up. Could also be something to do with the fact that PT's is also up for sale the last I heard, gotta make the books look good and healthy.:niceone:

cowboyz
28th December 2007, 18:14
Anza Motors is pretty darn good, they have looked after me in the past. They have a great showroom, heaps of bikes to druell over especially if you are into Harley's. They are the red carpet dealers for Honda, Beull, and Triumph.

They also have a great selection of second hand bikes.

The guys in the workshop a highly skilled technicians.

The parts department has a great deal of on hand parts and clothing. If they haven't got what you want they will get it in overnight.

Hard to go past them really...
Is there another ANZA I dont know about? I went in there when I was shopping for the 9. took 3 gos to get a salesman to talk to me and when I said I was looking for a 750-1000cc sportsbike they said I didnt want one of those and walked away. Good-o. Seeya.

Phil Turnbull's
Careful what you say about the shop that shall remain nameless...................................... (search, search about 2 feb 07) Subtle enough??

PT are ok. Parts guys are awesome and very helpful. Service guys are always helpful but you pay for the service. Havent brought a bike off the floor from there but a few times I have been in there kicking tyres and they are always willing to chat. Even after I tell them I am not going to buy a bike off them.

quickbuck
28th December 2007, 21:13
I've actually bought 2 bikes off PTMC. Both GSX's. one 600, and later the 250.

Great service really, but that was way back when I dealt with Graeme the first time, then Phil himself the second.
No experience recently except Steven in the workshop always remembers me... I must be one of the few that take a quality bike in there to get serviced :innocent:

Anyhow, yes, Dave and Paul in parts are always good to catch with and know their stuff.

Horse
28th December 2007, 22:42
I bought my GV250 from ANZA and my gear from Phil Turnbull's and so far I don't have any complaints about either. The staff I dealt with in both places were friendly and helpful.

Mind you, I'm a complete n00b, and both bike and gear are only a month old at this stage, so you should probably get back to me in 6 months or so and see if I still feel the same way. :)

ynot slow
29th December 2007, 05:18
Scary thoughts here guys.I went to Anza when I bought my jacket,pants,helmet and gloves 2 years ago,great to deal with.When the car was written off we went in and took a car for a drive,was about 3 rows back,weather was crappy,dropped the car back,alas the mazda was not to be,joked about a bike in the showroom instead,was asked by the car dealer take it for a ride.Whilst waiting in the showroom,we had a looksy,and weren't hounded,mind you they may have seen us talking to the dealer outside.
Went to PTM/CYCLES and they seemed ok last year,just checking things out,asked a question about the brake lines and gave me a costing,so seemed good and friendly.Mind you you get that with suzuki sellers.

huck farley
29th December 2007, 06:39
You mean only if you're into Harley's. Did not want to sell me a Blackbird...

Never say gidday etc etc. I don't spend any money there and wouldn't even if I owned a Honda.

Exactly.

In my opnion Phils have gone downhill since Phil sold out. The parts guys - particularly David are good and so is the service dept. Sales guys can be uninterested and they lost a 2 bike deal from my mate & I when we bought our Bandits.

You want to knock that yellow print on the head mate. Can't read a word of the post. We could rave on all next week about bike shops. What's the use!! A Dealer someone else likes may be crap to the next guy. I think it's take the dealer as you find them. As for saying Anza is to expensive, they all are!!

banditrider
29th December 2007, 07:05
You want to knock that yellow print on the head mate. Can't read a word of the post. We could rave on all next week about bike shops. What's the use!! A Dealer someone else likes may be crap to the next guy. I think it's take the dealer as you find them. As for saying Anza is to expensive, they all are!!

You're right about everything except the yellow font - I can see it fine. I know there's been a few winges on this site about bike shops before but my major problem (and not just with bike shops) is salespeople that are uninterested in selling anything - they expect customers to come flying in to hand over wads of cash. I expect friendly & helpful service...

cowboyz
29th December 2007, 07:52
1. keep the yellow. If someone really wants to read what you are saying and they are in a light/dark universe and find it hard to read then all they have to do is highlight the text. I have trouble reading blue on black but I dont complain about it.

2. Kiwibiker is rapidily getting fucked by people not wanting to hear the opinions of others. Bring on your thoughts on bikes shops/ service/ roads/ how one should or shouldnt ride. The biggest problem is that people sit back and think they have to believe everything that is written on the internet. If people werent so gutless to name and shame and it came out that shop A had 10 unhappy customeres and shop B had 13445 un happy customers then it would pay to avoid shop B. Avoiding shop A because you read somewhere on a forum that some guy was unhappy with the service he got from one shop once is just plain silly.

/end of rant............. (actually its probably not but I going to ride my bike now so cant be fucked typing anymore)

quickbuck
29th December 2007, 09:27
Well said. Have a good ride cowboyz.
Great day for it in these parts.

Sir Matt
29th December 2007, 09:55
I think that ANZA is the best bike shop in town if you want to wonder around for hours and hours and never be approached by anyone.

Hey Horse, I looked at that bike of yours. Shes pretty sweet. Nice buy!

Horse
29th December 2007, 19:13
Cheers Matt - I'm pretty pleased with her so far, she went well on the ride out to Akitio today (did better than the rider actually, I'm a bit knackered at this point :) ).

quickbuck
29th December 2007, 22:36
I think that ANZA is the best bike shop in town if you want to wonder around for hours and hours and never be approached by anyone.

Yes, that can be an advantage sometimes.

ynot slow
1st January 2008, 20:30
[QUOTE=Sir Matt;1358116]I think that ANZA is the best bike shop in town if you want to wonder around for hours and hours and never be approached by anyone.

Yep agree with that coment after yesterdays effort there.Seriously changed my tact with them,spied a honda (car)similar to ours on parking outside the yard.Car salesman came out as we were looking at that car and a falcon next to it,bit of small talk,so I went inside to look.Had a browse around their bikes,one sales guy had a punter in the office,rest just standing aloof.Not one guy asked if I needed help,we even were both looking at the pants,still no action,even they had a short leg pair in womens sizing,we would have bought $399,then saw a pair for $245 less 40% and if they got off and asked us we would have bought,subject to fitting,so either way no sale.Also was checking out their range to see if they had anything interesting,couple of hornets,even a good triumph and buell took my eye,maybe if i looked at the $30000 harleys or goldwings they might have been bothered.

As a afterthought,I had an interview with a large retailer in the morning,stood by the office whilst 2 ladies and 1 guy could see me,another lady was with a customer,took at least 5 minutes to be asked if they could help,should have seen the manager and his furniture managers faces drop when I said part of selling is to greet the customer asap,they both said that was top of their list,when I said I waited 5 mins they were rather pissed off.Takes no time to ask the customer if they need any help,if not fine but at least acknowledge them.This can be bad in so called service places like bike and car workshops,seems it's the service manager who is only allowed to talk to the client,the amount of guys who ignore the customer is bad.Even the floor cleaner can ask if they can help.