PDA

View Full Version : The happy shopper biker bling thread!

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 16:55
Well most people go to Boxing day sales ... not I! I eagerly awaited supercheap's 25% sale and then went to town with a trolley! :woohoo: With much abandonment and merriment I went careering down the aisles of my local cheap and filled it up with luvverly goodies for bikes! :love:

I also bunged in some tools for the helluva it and a few other bits n'bobs! :devil2: Best $341.01 spent this year :lol:

So what did I get?

10L pack of Valvoline oil 20-50
2 cans WD40
Metal polish in a can Briteshine!
10 cans o'degreaser
8 packs of 1L Valvoline 2 stroke oil
2 packs of Black Knight Acid Free wheel cleaner
2 magnetic tool holder racks
Meguiar Polish Deep Crystal treatment
Meguiar Paint cleaner
Meguiar Gold Class Wax treatment
Large rubber Mallet 20oz
3/8 deep socket set
duct tape
7 pc Punch set
Punch and chisel set (heavy duty)
Plastic carry case for drill
12 pce hose clamp set (already have one, but always need them!)
500W Floodlight (already have one, but two is always better!)
and a bottle of powerade to revitalise myself!

So come on peeps! What else did people buy for their rides? :msn-wink:

(this is in prep for the two new bikes I will buy next year! :woohoo:)

insane1
29th December 2007, 16:59
fark justin why didnt you just but the whole shop.

MTW
29th December 2007, 17:09
a new tyre and chain loob. Niether on sale but I always get a good deal from my man. :-) So let's call it "on sale".

crashe
29th December 2007, 17:10
10 cans of degreaser.......!!!!!!!!
Have you got a lot of dirty bikes at your place?

Mind you with all the cleaning products you just brought, the 'girls' should soon all be shiney !

That small roll of Duc Tape won't go far should it be needed to hold a few parts together if they fall off on a ride.......:blink:
Should have brought the big rolls... :banana:

Ok have you left anything on the shelves at Supercheap or are the shelves now bare?

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 17:17

Mind you with all the cleaning products you just brought, the 'girls' should soon all be shiney !

That small roll of Duc Tape won't go far should it be needed to hold a few parts together if they fall off on a ride.......:blink:
Should have brought the big rolls... :banana:

Ok have you left anything on the shelves at Supercheap or are the shelves now bare?

I have you know I buy a roll every single time I go into a supercheap! :oi-grr: :rofl: I think I have a dozen of them floating around the place now! :innocent: :o And I am of the school of thought "why do things by halves?" I go full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes! :rockon:

Chickadee
29th December 2007, 17:20
You could open your own bike shop there, corr that's a lot of stuff for them bikes. Guess it all will be used - eventually..... Especially now your KB brethern know you have some goodies for bikes.

Big Dave
29th December 2007, 17:44
...............I bought 4 albums on iTunes.

Swoop
29th December 2007, 19:51
Why the heck aren't you down at the Boy Scout Jamboree?
You, Sir, are proof positive of "be prepared"!
:rofl:

Fub@r
29th December 2007, 20:31

After being on a GIjoe tootle 10 cans wouldn't be enough :)

Especially if he decides to change bikes halfway through, yes he has done this before.

Was on a charity ride earlier this year, turns up on his Hornet. When we got to our destination in Papakura with the Easter Eggs he was on Daisy. wtf!!!

He said that he couldn't show favour or the other bike might be jealous :)

crashe
29th December 2007, 20:38

Especially if he decides to change bikes halfway through, yes he has done this before.

Was on a charity ride earlier this year, turns up on his Hornet. When we got to our destination in Papakura with the Easter Eggs he was on Daisy. wtf!!!

I know what you mean.......

I did that recently..... for Dan's funeral.
At the meet up point, I started out on my Virago 250.
Left ahead of the small group, shot home and got out the Virago 750 and refueled it up and then caught up to the same group at the next meet up point, before heading to Dan's funeral.
I do think it confused a couple of the group.......

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 21:19

Wait till I get my 900 Hornet :whistle: and the other bike I'm still humming and harring about :innocent: And when I get Daphne/Dandi on the road ... and then .... :doh:

Fub@r
29th December 2007, 21:33
Wait till I get my 900 Hornet :whistle: and the other bike I'm still humming and harring about :innocent: And when I get Daphne/Dandi on the road ... and then .... :doh:

Turning in to a bit of a biker Playboy Joe :bleh:

Big Dave
29th December 2007, 21:58

Log on to the mental health thread and see if you can catch a multiple personality disorder.

gijoe1313
29th December 2007, 22:06
I just want to see what a gargre with one of each manufacturer's bikes looks like and in a variety of engine types and colours ... :whistle:

Oh yes, did I mention it was my gargre? :innocent:

McJim
29th December 2007, 22:13
Log on to the mental health thread and see if you can catch a multiple personality disorder.

Looking at the neat stacking of product I would suggest he already has more than a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder anyway.

skidMark
29th December 2007, 22:44
hope thats not car engine oil you plan to put in your bike....

bikes cannot use car engine oil..... due to additives in car oil that make a bike clutch slip like a bastard.

doenst matter in car cus clutch is seperate....

just a piece of useless info for you lot.

crashe
29th December 2007, 22:46
He does own a car as well....... car oil for the car

skidMark
29th December 2007, 22:50

i'm sure he could have told me that himself miss nosey.

Fub@r
29th December 2007, 23:00
just a piece of useless info for you lot.

Something we all know

Something we might not have known :grouphug:

gijoe1313
30th December 2007, 08:03
Well there used to be two cars in the household, but my one got written off by a truck (Hooray!) and getting twice as much on insurance payout compared to what its actually worth. Van as well and its much more convenient to purchase oil in 10L then those piddly smaller containers.

Thanks Skiddy for reminding me not to do daft things like use car oil in motorbikes when I have been blithely shelling out $50 for Motul and Elf stuff for my little ol'hornet! :lol: But the question you didn't answer was .... can you use motorbike oil in cars? :rofl: And for that matter can you use outboard two stroker oil in two strokers ... and can you use sewing machine oil as well since it sounds like one ... and can you use olive oil since it will reduce clogging and cholesterol and can you .... :rolleyes: :msn-wink:

I was hoping for a 50L drum but they didn't have them! :lol: Since we do all the repairs and maintenance on our vehicles ourselves gives me an excuse to buy more tools and gear! :innocent:

Looking at getting one of those motorcycle jacks next :drool: And finally can get one of those neato red tool cabinets and hooking up the air compressor permanently and plastering motorbike piccies with girlies draped over them and ... (there I go again! :o)

PrincessBandit
30th December 2007, 08:56
...and plastering motorbike piccies with girlies draped over them and ... (there I go again! :o)

Justin, pleased to see that this came last on your priority list :rofl:

skidMark
30th December 2007, 11:48
Justin, pleased to see that this came last on your priority list :rofl:

thats because he rides something that starts with H and ends with ONDA

gijoe1313
30th December 2007, 12:10
thats because he rides something that starts with H and ends with ONDA

You forgot Yamaha ... and I will be getting a Kwaka and Ducati and a Suzuki and a Guzzi and an Aprillia and a Triumph and a .... oh bugger it, one of each manufacturer! Then you can say all the insults because I will be owning them all! :rofl: And you know what, I still wouldnae care laddie! :msn-wink:

Ixion
30th December 2007, 12:39

Thanks Skiddy for reminding me not to do daft things like use car oil in motorbikes when I have been blithely shelling out $50 for Motul and Elf stuff for my little ol'hornet!

Some car oil is fine for bikes. Diesel oil is excellent . And if you have an old bike that burns oil, the cheapo car oil is fine, it doesn't have the slippery additives.

But the question you didn't answer was .... can you use motorbike oil in cars?

Yes. No problems. but why would you, it's more expensive.

And for that matter can you use outboard two stroker oil in two strokers

By and large, yes. At any rate, in water cooled two stroke bikes. Outboards, being water cooled (doh) run cooler than aircooled two smokers.

... and can you use sewing machine oil as well since it sounds like one ...

I think the viscosity would be too light, but I guess in an emergency ..

and can you use olive oil since it will reduce clogging and cholesterol and can you ....

It has been done. Although rather light , it would work. But you would have to disassemble and clean the motor first. Castor oil is of course the best lubricant available, and also ensures your bike will not suffer from constipation. Coconut oil is not uncommon as a motorcycle oil in India.

Whether any of these would be endorsed by the bike manufacturer is another matter. Proceed at your own risk.

[/quote]

McJim
30th December 2007, 12:48
bikes cannot use car engine oil..... due to additives in car oil that make a bike clutch slip like a bastard.
Dry clutch isn't affected by this.

gijoe1313
30th December 2007, 16:16
:rofl: Trust Ixion to actually expound on the perzacto mundo on the ins and outs of greasy hydrocarbonated substances and percolate it so it actually sounds quite sane! :scratch:

I think all that two stroker fluids hes been exposed to has half done his pate in ods bodkins!

So should suntan lotion be applied to the bits on a bike to ensure that UV does not give it melanoma? :rolleyes:

Ixion
30th December 2007, 16:28
:rofl: Trust Ixion to actually expound on the perzacto mundo on the ins and outs of greasy hydrocarbonated substances and percolate it so it actually sounds quite sane! :scratch:

I think all that two stroker fluids hes been exposed to has half done his pate in ods bodkins!

So should suntan lotion be applied to the bits on a bike to ensure that UV does not give it melanoma? :rolleyes:

Yes. Quite a good idea. The plastics used on bikes, especially earlier jap bikes are often susceptable to UV light degradation. It makes the plastic brittle. Applying a thin film of UV blocker (octyl methoxy cinnimate or Benzophenone) will help to preserve them.

gijoe1313
30th December 2007, 23:14
Yes. Quite a good idea. The plastics used on bikes, especially earlier jap bikes are often susceptable to UV light degradation. It makes the plastic brittle. Applying a thin film of UV blocker (octyl methoxy cinnimate or Benzophenone) will help to preserve them.

:doh: ..................

The Pastor
31st December 2007, 09:28
Castor oil in the gas tank makes it smell nice :D carful of fouling the plugs tho

skidMark
31st December 2007, 11:03
You forgot Yamaha ... and I will be getting a Kwaka and Ducati and a Suzuki and a Guzzi and an Aprillia and a Triumph and a .... oh bugger it, one of each manufacturer! Then you can say all the insults because I will be owning them all! :rofl: And you know what, I still wouldnae care laddie! :msn-wink:

you don't deserve to own a kwaka :spanking:

The Pastor
31st December 2007, 11:04
then why do u have one mark?