PDA

View Full Version : Cook Strait ferries costs for bike camping trailers?

Catweazle
31st December 2007, 13:27
Does anyone know the extra cost and/or options on the ferries for a little camping trailer towed behind a motorcycle? I see Bluebridge have separate rates for motorbike and motorbikes with sidecars. Do any of the ferry companies have a rate for a motorbike camping trailer only one metre wide? I don't want to pay the rate for a small car trailer if there is a cheaper option.

Zukin
31st December 2007, 13:36
I would be tempted to book as a motorcycle
And just turn up :rolleyes:

Swoop
31st December 2007, 13:40
A trailer is definately NOT a sidecar...<_<:laugh:

Hitcher
31st December 2007, 18:18
Ring. Them. Up. And. Ask.

merv
31st December 2007, 20:45
Ring. Them. Up. And. Ask.

Sounds like good advice - the old fashioned way, talk to someone.

Zukin
1st January 2008, 00:49
Oh and make sure you take some money on board with you
As we know the Interislander doesn't have any service so you wont get free coffee there aye Mr Hitcher :laugh::laugh:

Catweazle
1st January 2008, 07:48
I will ring them but since none of the operators seem to have bike camping trailers on their tariff schedules I suspect I will get a different answer from every booking clerk that I talk to. I am hoping to get some background information from other members as to what they may have done in the past so that when I ring and make a booking I will have some ammunition to ensure they don't just charge me the full price for a car trailer. The Bluebridge bike and sidecar tariff seems to be a benchmark - my bike and trailer side by side would be about the same size.

xwhatsit
1st January 2008, 11:50
Well it's not that much bigger than a sidecar, is it? If I were the booking clerk I'd do it at the sidecar price. Seems only fair.

crazybigal
9th January 2008, 10:03
i would just turn up, whats the worst that can happen!

Does anyone know the extra cost and/or options on the ferries for a little camping trailer towed behind a motorcycle? I see Bluebridge have separate rates for motorbike and motorbikes with sidecars. Do any of the ferry companies have a rate for a motorbike camping trailer only one metre wide? I don't want to pay the rate for a small car trailer if there is a cheaper option.

nodrog
9th January 2008, 10:31

they will make you walk the plank

Hitcher
9th January 2008, 11:37

The will serve you a "pie" and a "coffee".

crazybigal
9th January 2008, 11:39
arrr ye land lubbers!!!

they will make you walk the plank