PDA

View Full Version : OK it was me. Sorry mate.

terbang
31st December 2007, 16:22
Twas a beautiful day for riding yesterday (30th), so what was I doing? Driving a bloody froggy cage up Coro..! Two reasons why, I was delivering my daughter and all her camping gear up to Little Bay and also because I am off the bike due to a large 'gark' up my right shin courtesy of an angry little traillie.
Just north of Colvillle we were passed (sensibly) by a bright red Hyobag 250, we both admired and envied this individual as the road up there is awesome. A little further up the road diminishes into gravel and before long we caught up with our Hyobag rider. He was travelling very slowly and making reasonably hard work of the gravel, though he was doing OK. I was watching the lines and technique he was using and I guess I got a bit close and spooked him (so sorry if I did). Anyway our courteous rider decided to pull over to let us pass, he lost it in the gravel and down he went..! Not a biggie, but never the less it left bike and rider sprawling. We stopped and helped this poor young bloke up and got him going again. His bike seemed OK though he, and rightfully so, seemed very embarrased and pissed off.
I guess my point here is for the newer riders, if you have some ignorant old fool shoving his wifes Citroen up yer arse, then remember you own the road and he can wait. Tailgating cages can be real intimidating and it is also timely for all of us here (well me anyway) to brush up on the cage driving skills too.

Xaria
31st December 2007, 16:56
Bugger. At least you stopped and helped him.

Good reminder to us new riders to ignore the people stuck in cages, they are just envious

99TLS
31st December 2007, 17:31
will wait for thread, BLOODY CAGE ON CORO SPOOKED ME :dodge:

mowgli
31st December 2007, 18:09
Reminds me of some sage advice given me by a good friend.

Always ride your own line first.
He meant it in the sense that I should not let another rider suck me into riding beyond my ability. It applies equally well to not letting a following vehicle push you into a manoeuvre you aren't completely happy with.

Trudes
1st January 2008, 12:23
Soooo know that feeling!! Not fond of riding through gravel on fat tyres and tend to dribble along pretty slowly, but find it even harder when there's a cage stuffed up my arse the whole way waiting for me to fall off so they can run me over!! Good on you for stopping to help!! The one time (so far) the hubby and I came a cropper in gravel, the guy in the car that had been sitting up our dates sat and watched us struggle to pick the bike back up in front of his front bumper (arse!!).

breakaway
11th January 2008, 20:37
[QUOTE=terbang;1360931]I guess my point here is for the newer riders, if you have some ignorant old fool shoving his wifes Citroen up yer arse, then remember you own the road and he can wait./QUOTE]

Blinged. This is the ONLY way to ride. Fuck the guy behind you, ride at a speed you're comfortable with, ESPECIALLY with gravel.