PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: SH22 Raglan run - Friday 4th Jan

BIGBOSSMAN
2nd January 2008, 11:42
Meeting up at the Autobahn at 9.45 for a 10 am start. Then Pukekohe/Tuakau/Glen Murray/Waingaro and on to Raglan. Holidays are bliss, aint they!
Interested parties may post their attendance commitment on this thread...

sillywilly
3rd January 2008, 15:13
keen for this, haven't had lunch in raglan for a few months. whats the pace? demerit points are in short supply so may be tec:(

BIGBOSSMAN
3rd January 2008, 16:44
Ooops, news just in: Biggles08 is picking up his new ride from Otorohanga tomorrow, still meeting at 9.45 but will be straight to this new destination. It's his first bike after a rather painful accident, and he's asked me to ride back to Auck with him (wingman sort of thing).
I wanted to go to Raglan, but when a mate cries for help one must answer the call.
Pace will probably be brisk ;)

sillywilly
3rd January 2008, 16:57
think i will preserve the tattered remnants of my licence and go for cruisey ride to raglan. will start same and place incase anyone else is interested

BIGBOSSMAN
3rd January 2008, 21:11
Fair call, Raglan sounds nicer to be honest - but I'll still be at BP Autobahn at 9.45 if anyone wants to ride to Otorohanga and back.
It's Marcus' first ride on a bike since a horrible accident, he has back pain and needs a buddy rider for the trip home on his new baby ('05 ZX636).

99TLS
3rd January 2008, 21:19
rode the raglan road this evening road pretty clean at mo, had no problems :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
4th January 2008, 06:14
true a neow 636 ! hes gonna love it ! wish I cud hav come but I have work unfortunately... no extended annual leave for me :( have a gr8 ride guys.

BarBender
4th January 2008, 07:16
Fair call, Raglan sounds nicer to be honest - but I'll still be at BP Autobahn at 9.45 if anyone wants to ride to Otorohanga and back.
It's Marcus' first ride on a bike since a horrible accident, he has back pain and needs a buddy rider for the trip home on his new baby ('05 ZX636).

Be good now boys. :niceone:

BIGBOSSMAN
4th January 2008, 07:21
I'll look after the little Wing Commander Rona, I simply can't allow him to injure his botty again!
Actually we'll probably do 30 minute riding stints, pull over and rest for 10 before riding off again. Gonna be interesting to say the least!

Taz
4th January 2008, 07:24
Christ! stopping every 30 minutes? Gonna be a long trip. Could just go a nice and steady pace surely? Be careful down by Otorohanga, always an actively patrolled area by the local police.

BIGBOSSMAN
4th January 2008, 07:58
Sadly Marcus broke a vertebrae in his lower back when he had his accident, it may be ok to ride for longer periods but we'll just have to see how it goes.
Gonna be a long day I think, but worth it to see a smile on the little fellas face!

BarBender
4th January 2008, 08:13
Sadly Marcus broke a vertebrae in his lower back when he had his accident, it may be ok to ride for longer periods but we'll just have to see how it goes.
Gonna be a long day I think, but worth it to see a smile on the little fellas face!

Do you want to take the 14?

Call me. Will PM you my cell.

BIGBOSSMAN
4th January 2008, 19:41
Hey Rona, thanks for your very kind (and awe-inspiring) offer - damn!
Would have been a bit comfier than the '10 eh?
And the little feller seems right pleased with his new mount!!

BarBender
5th January 2008, 14:48
Hey Rona, thanks for your very kind (and awe-inspiring) offer - damn!
Would have been a bit comfier than the '10 eh?
And the little feller seems right pleased with his new mount!!

No worries G.:niceone:

Just thought you two could have done with a bigger and more comfier mount. :msn-wink: :laugh:

BIGBOSSMAN
6th January 2008, 08:12
No worries G.:niceone:

Just thought you two could have done with a bigger and more comfier mount. :msn-wink: :laugh:

Er, that is Marcus on the back, aye? (the receiver)?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzqNzN43qE

Oh, Lin drove him down in the car - preserving his twin assholes for the long ride home...