PDA

View Full Version : Need new riding gear?

Macstar
3rd January 2008, 09:37
Those who have expressed an interest have been PM'd. If you want to be on the bulk order send me a PM through.

Me and two others are going to buy some riding gear (helmet, boots, back protectors etc) and invite you to join us for a go at a group discount i.e. the more the cheaper (hopefully).

Let me know quick if you are keen!

P.S. If no one in our club puts their hand up for the jacket (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=63620) in the next few days I'll offer it to general KB.

MGST
3rd January 2008, 15:09
Yeah that sounds like a plan. If you can get stuff for the right price, I'd be up for a helmet ( probably leaning towards Shoei ) and a back protector. Let me know.

Macstar
3rd January 2008, 18:45
We shopped around today and were offered 33% of full RRP on the Shark helmets if we bought two together, so a third might get us an even better deal!!!!

Also found some 25% off Rev-It 1 piece leathers for $1200.

Spine protectors are not created equal as I discovered today. You can buy $80-100 ones but they are pretty crap and flimsy and will not prevent hyper-extension of your spine.

motorbyclist
4th January 2008, 19:40
i'm interested, but i need to get my bike back on the road first

what happened to WWH?

Macstar
5th January 2008, 08:54
i'm interested, but i need to get my bike back on the road first

what happened to WWH?

Explain WWH?

McJim
5th January 2008, 09:05
Check with Quasievil on here too

http://www.quasimoto.co.nz/

Bloody good value.

motorbyclist
5th January 2008, 09:36
Explain WWH?

wild west honda.... maybe we could get bulk and club discounts:shifty:

Macstar
5th January 2008, 09:41
Check with Quasievil on here too

http://www.quasimoto.co.nz/

Bloody good value.

They don't do boots or helmets...

WWH: I'll give Don a chance to better/match the best quote I get. Looks like the Shark RSI is the one, though also considerng Shoei XR1000.

xwhatsit
5th January 2008, 11:58
They don't do boots

I got some of Quasi's latest boots for Christmas. I think they're still getting the new line in or something, as they're different from Justin's old Quasi boots.

Beautiful quality. Would be quite happy going for a walk at 240kph from a Suberpike in 'em.

Phurrball
5th January 2008, 15:49
Sounds like a scheme of great cunning...shame I have no money after travelling down south for christmas. Bugger.

BTW: Working a lot ATM, but free for midweek for rides I think...

MGST
5th January 2008, 18:22

WWH: I'll give Don a chance to better/match the best quote I get. Looks like the Shark RSI is the one, though also considerng Shoei XR1000.

XR1000 is the one I was thinking about too. That Shark looks ok too. What sought of price is the Shark?

Man hope you can get a hot deal on the Shoei XR1000, if so I'll probably be in for one.

davo
5th January 2008, 20:10
Im not in the club but would be keen to come along and buy a new helmet and gloves.

motorbyclist
5th January 2008, 22:13

uhh yes they do; though admittedly they could increase their range a bit for boots, they do have alot of helmets

xwhatsit
5th January 2008, 22:36
uhh yes they do; though admittedly they could increase their range a bit for boots, they do have alot of helmets

He's talking about Quasi's stuff, and they don't do helmutts.

motorbyclist
5th January 2008, 23:15
wait, now i'm confused.....

wwh, does all gear...

i thought quasi was the same....

xwhatsit
6th January 2008, 00:41
wait, now i'm confused.....

wwh, does all gear...

i thought quasi was the same....

Quasi's a chap on these forums who runs Quasimoto; they manufacture their own gear, branded Quasimoto. He's not a general retailer, it's more like buying directly from the manufacturer. They don't make helmets (which are a completely different kettle of fish to leather gloves/leather jackets/leather boots) so they don't sell them.

motorbyclist
6th January 2008, 14:20
oh, well that explains that then

MGST
8th January 2008, 13:50
Is the group bulk buy still happening? Hope I haven't missed it! Went to shop today, and tried Shoei XR1000 helmet. Nice fit, and it agrees with my glasses soooo much more than my current helmet. Really keen to get one now.

Macstar
8th January 2008, 14:04
I got my Shoei for free today (just had to buy a bike first). My GF still wants one though so hows about this weekend?

MGST
8th January 2008, 14:14
This weekend is good for me. Which shop gives the best deal?

Macstar
8th January 2008, 14:41
3 shops would do 2 helmets for $500 each/RRP$649 (Shark RSX). I'm trying to give my business to Wild West Honda cause they're good guys and a relatively new shop. Wild West Honda will also sell some Gaerne sport boots for $200 (usually $3-400). Anyhow, I'll PM you later this week.

MGST
8th January 2008, 16:08
OK Thanks Issac. Does WWH have Shoei? I would like a Shoei as my first choice. Anyway, I'll await your pm patiently (sp )...

Damn, I got Gaerne sports boots ( admittedly nearly 2 years ago ) from Mt Eden Motorcycles for $299, so that is a good price. That was the cheapest sports boot I could find with toe sliders, and decent calf, shin and ankle protection. They are bloody good boots, I have worn them everyday since I got them and they are still like new ( I look after them though, use Dubbin on them, and always dry them off etc ). I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

HungusMaximist
8th January 2008, 20:40
I got my Shoei for free today (just had to buy a bike first). My GF still wants one though so hows about this weekend?

Did you get it? Haha... ?

Macstar
8th January 2008, 22:30
I like dem fireblade engines Ewen..... wink wink.

klyong82
9th January 2008, 09:05
I like dem fireblade engines Ewen..... wink wink.

Yeah Fireblade engines.

Squiggles
9th January 2008, 09:12
You're all going to know im right when you're hunting down tensioners and rectifiers! (not to mention fuel sensors) :laugh:

klyong82
9th January 2008, 09:57
You're all going to know im right when you're hunting down tensioners and rectifiers! (not to mention fuel sensors) :laugh:

Rectifiers have been improved since the fuel injector models came out. They are more solid than the older small ones. The blades last forever Stevo....you gonna have to be a really good and crazy rider to blow up a Fireblade engine. :shifty:

So how is the TL's engine transplant? Finding it hard hunting down someone to send it to you? :shutup:

Macstar
9th January 2008, 12:14
You'd have to own the bike for more than two years from new to have to be concerned with tensioners etc etc. I'd just upgrade again before that!!

Safe to tell now: my new bike is a Hornet (with the re-mapped fireblade engine). Nothing too flash or racey just a good alround commuter/tourer/fun bike. In buying the cheaper Hornet (10.5K 2008 new) I hope to be able to keep the KTM.

BTW: Can some US-website saavy ppl tell me what some cans would be worth for my Hornet pls?

Cheers!

klyong82
9th January 2008, 13:48
Congrats on the bike bro. Based on the 1996 CBR 900 engine (919cc). As for exhaust check http://www.starcycle.com/ from the US. They got heaps of brand for your bike but bear in mind that the Hornet has 2 mufflers so will cost anyway from US$500 to 1000 plus freight.:woohoo:

trump-lady
9th January 2008, 15:07
dunno how much time you need them for but I really really want these boots from the states
http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-52221/Oneal/Womens-Element-Boots.html

But to ship em is almost as much as the boots. Price of shipping declines per item etc plus this site has some cool stuff. If anyone wants anything we could approach and see how much to ship. (my boots were $70 US to ship $40 each for 2)

Squiggles
9th January 2008, 16:47
So how is the TL's engine transplant? Finding it hard hunting down someone to send it to you? :shutup:

Has been sitting in my garge for a week now :woohoo:

Least its a respectable honda mac :laugh:

motorbyclist
9th January 2008, 17:26
dunno how much time you need them for but I really really want these boots from the states
http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-52221/Oneal/Womens-Element-Boots.html

But to ship em is almost as much as the boots. Price of shipping declines per item etc plus this site has some cool stuff. If anyone wants anything we could approach and see how much to ship. (my boots were $70 US to ship $40 each for 2)
that's a pretty good price there!

but you do realise they're motox boots right? i've got a pair of those (well the male version) and i tell you now motox boots are way to bulky to use on a road bike, and not too great for walking in either

trump-lady
9th January 2008, 19:43
no didnt think of that.... hmmmmm
ok well looks like Mac star I might be in with you for some boots! I just hate boring old butch black. Any pics around of the boots ur talking about? Please pm me when ur heading out that way. I like WWH too and when are they starting up their new rodes this year!

Nagash
9th January 2008, 19:55
Err.. this may be just may but it says "Free shipping on all orders" in big capital letters..

Or is that just within the states?

In which case i'll hold my tongue.

[EDIT] Okay scratch that.. just checked myself.. it is within the states only, my bad.