PDA

View Full Version : Heading Coro way wednesday 16th Jan?

Ragingrob
5th January 2008, 20:09
EDIT : I'm a dumbass and mean the 9th, as in tomorrow!

Hey guys happy new years! Hope you had a good one.

Anyway, I'm heading to the beach at Hahei this Wednesday for a few days and thought there may be someone who's heading that way too or anyone who's keen for the coro loop or something? I've never done the coro loop and am looking forward to Kopu hill, dunno about the Hahei one though it's pretty sketchy!

So yeah if anyone's keen for a blat feel free to keep me company on the road to Tairua or something :niceone:

Probably head off in the morning like 10 or 11, but that's not stuck in stone.

So just give me a PM or message in here if you're keen :)

PS : Sorry it's not my bach and I can't invite all you dudes to stay with me so yeah it's just the ride... :doh:

motorbyclist
7th January 2008, 17:27
i might be going to matamata sometime, so maybe i could come for a bit, take the scenic route there:shifty:

Ragingrob
7th January 2008, 17:45
That'd be cool, and Macster is keen if he's available. No worries if people can't make it ay just thought I'd put it out there :)

Squiggles
8th January 2008, 10:42
I'm in whanga atm, ill let you know what the kopu hill's like when i head back tomorrow/thursday :)

Ragingrob
8th January 2008, 11:30
Sweet as, was over it a few weeks ago in the cage, seemed alright apart from that uneven road surface bit huh.

Ragingrob
8th January 2008, 15:10
Oh my god, lol just realised, I meant the 9th of Jan!!! As in tomo :bash: So yeah haha?

motorbyclist
8th January 2008, 15:24
Oh my god, lol just realised, I meant the 9th of Jan!!! As in tomo :bash: So yeah haha?

LOL nah i don't think i can come mate

Ragingrob
8th January 2008, 15:38
Haha no worries I'll fly solo for the day :2thumbsup

Macstar
8th January 2008, 22:37
Shit mate, I'll have the new wheels on Thurs (not Wed sorry). Ah well, I'll go with you again next week!

Macstar
8th January 2008, 22:38
P.S. Ride safe on the wet roads (it hasn't rained in ages)!

Ragingrob
9th January 2008, 08:59
Leaving soon, weather seems pretty sweet :) Hmmm wonder how far my tank will get me. Is Kopu the place most people fill up on the Coro loop?

Squiggles
9th January 2008, 09:19
weather is holding out here at whangamata, be wary of wet roads around the coast on the eastern side

Ragingrob
10th January 2008, 16:37
Hey all, I had an awesome as ride out to Hahei, really enjoyed the twisties and pushed myself ever so slightly which resulted in more free flowing cornering and a boost in confidence levels. It's so nice to be able to casually pass a slowcoach cage in the tiniest gaps of visibility!

I'll be heading back on Saturday probably leaving here about 2pm I'd say. May check out the coro loop thread see what day and time you guys are cruising around the area.

Ride safe!

Squiggles
10th January 2008, 17:15
Yer, the kopu hill is 1/2 1/2 for quality, after every nice corner theres one that needs maintenance. About 2k after the turnoff to whangamata (coming from kopu/whitianga) theres resealing for a couple of k's, the 30k signs are about 50m from where they start and they start mid corner, so beware :)